Benchmark Designs - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 116 Old 02-27-2012, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Benchmark Designs

Soooo... Why are these so hard to get? And why doesnt someone else other than benchmark make them? Nice lookin pan though!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mod..Wheel..Break..Repeat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Criminals prefer unarmed victims:Μολὼν λαβέ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcraig7 View Post
I think I understand your question - but I am a two door guy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 116 Old 02-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by militaryman4455 View Post
Soooo... Why are these so hard to get? And why doesnt someone else other than benchmark make them? Nice lookin pan though!
Order one from them.. let us know how you like it when you get it sometime in 2013... lol

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #3 of 116 Old 02-27-2012, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
Order one from them.. let us know how you like it when you get it sometime in 2013... lol
Lol, Im not doubtin ya Hit... Im just askin why.

Do they make each one to order.... from steel ore all the way to powder coat?

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 116 Old 02-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Lol, Im not doubtin ya Hit... Im just askin why.

Do they make each one to order.... from steel ore all the way to powder coat?
My best guess..

He waits until he has enough orders to justify a "Run" of them.. where your order lies on that time line only he knows.. you could wait weeks, months or even a year.

Its either that, or he just doesn't give a fuck, and he will get to it when he gets to it.

Its very similar to he complaints of Off Road Hero's tops... great products but the CS runs hot and cold.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #5 of 116 Old 02-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Coonasian

Garage

Damn, that thing is fine. I'm going to order me one, so what if it takes a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW
I love Walmart. Cheap shit, guns, knives, ammo, oil, chemicals, the biggest rubber selection I've ever seen and I always wondered how they could keep their prices so low and pay all the "entertainers" in the stores.

"Everything you never wanted to know about Cockatoos!" :
post #6 of 116 Old 02-27-2012, 08:00 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to paramaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
Order one from them.. let us know how you like it IF you get it sometime in 2013... lol
FIFY

post #7 of 116 Old 02-27-2012, 08:42 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Damn, that thing is fine. I'm going to order me one, so what if it takes a year!
Sounds like a good investment. One time i went to a deli that I heard made awesome sandwiches, I paid, they delivered one to my work 8 months later. Boy was it good!

Im an asshole. I know. But seriously?!?!? You dont have a problem with waiting a year for a product?

Im either going with the asfir oil pan skid or nothing at all. I cannot justify the cost and added weight of a full skid. I gave up on even considering giving that dude a dime.

2008 Black 2Dr 6spd D30/44
RK 2.5 X-Factor | Synergy tie rod | 35x12.5 MTRK's | BFH front | Genright rear | Yukon 5.13's | ARB front locker | Warn M8000 w/MasterPull synthetic | Rigid 10'' E-series
post #8 of 116 Old 02-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Coonasian

Garage

Quote:
You dont have a problem with waiting a year for a product?
Not really. I might order 4-5 and charge $225 for the extras. Pretty good return and no delay for the lucky recipients!

Quote:
I love Walmart. Cheap shit, guns, knives, ammo, oil, chemicals, the biggest rubber selection I've ever seen and I always wondered how they could keep their prices so low and pay all the "entertainers" in the stores.

post #9 of 116 Old 02-27-2012, 10:26 PM
Rock God

Assuming you get anything at all. This guy lives 30 minutes away from me, and he is a shady fucktard. There are plenty of folks that gave him payment and NEVER got their shit. I wanted a stage 3 battery kit, read all the crap and told him the only way i'd buy one was in person. He meets me, shucks and jives, shows me all the parts, offers to help with install, takes my $400 and drives away. I get home, and realize I got no instructions. While i'm waiting (days) to get them, I come to realize he gave me the stage 2 solenoid. I called that fucker for a week he never answered. AFTER I made a big enough splash, I get UPS with the stage 3 solenoid in it. Never a word from him.
Meanwhile, i'd done some skiptracing on him, saw the trail of body parts, the bbb complaints, the business licenses shifted around, the foreclosed houses, etc...
You deal with this guy, EXPECT to get fucked. If a part shows up, and its the right part, go buy a lottery ticket because its your lucky day.

2010 JK Rubicon- meh 2dr sold
2012 JKU Rubicon- bored sold
2015 JKU Rubicon- 3rd times a charm?
post #10 of 116 Old 02-27-2012, 10:35 PM
Coonasian

Garage

Well, I have to admit, that is not a promising outlook. Thanks for the detail.

Quote:

post #11 of 116 Old 02-27-2012, 11:18 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlynch2 View Post
Sounds like a good investment. One time i went to a deli that I heard made awesome sandwiches, I paid, they delivered one to my work 8 months later. Boy was it good!

Im an asshole. I know. But seriously?!?!? You dont have a problem with waiting a year for a product?

Im either going with the asfir oil pan skid or nothing at all. I cannot justify the cost and added weight of a full skid. I gave up on even considering giving that dude a dime.
That ASFIR skid is nice. I just installed mine last week. Took maybe 10 minutes to do and fit perfect.

Aaron
2008 JK Unlimited Rubicon
post #12 of 116 Old 02-28-2012, 05:31 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwapache View Post
Assuming you get anything at all. This guy lives 30 minutes away from me, and he is a shady fucktard. There are plenty of folks that gave him payment and NEVER got their shit. I wanted a stage 3 battery kit, read all the crap and told him the only way i'd buy one was in person. He meets me, shucks and jives, shows me all the parts, offers to help with install, takes my $400 and drives away. I get home, and realize I got no instructions. While i'm waiting (days) to get them, I come to realize he gave me the stage 2 solenoid. I called that fucker for a week he never answered. AFTER I made a big enough splash, I get UPS with the stage 3 solenoid in it. Never a word from him.
Meanwhile, i'd done some skiptracing on him, saw the trail of body parts, the bbb complaints, the business licenses shifted around, the foreclosed houses, etc...
You deal with this guy, EXPECT to get fucked. If a part shows up, and its the right part, go buy a lottery ticket because its your lucky day.
Maybe he is in jail now thats why he cannot keep up production!

RK 2.5 X-Factor | Synergy tie rod | 35x12.5 MTRK's | BFH front | Genright rear | Yukon 5.13's | ARB front locker | Warn M8000 w/MasterPull synthetic | Rigid 10'' E-series
post #13 of 116 Old 02-28-2012, 06:13 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Back around thanksgiving I sent him an email about the oil pan and in the email I put that I know he is known to take your money and its months before you get it and that I have heard his first run of pans were leaking oil. About 6 weeks later he responded saying that he was making 25 pans right now and if I wanted one to pay him through pay pal. He never made mention to my questions he just wanted to get paid for the oil pan. He sounds like he's robbing peter to pay Paul. And no I didn't buy the pan as awesome as it looks he's just to fucking shady for me.

its all about the crawl ratio.
post #14 of 116 Old 02-28-2012, 06:53 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:

Then go ahead and fab one up yourself, how hard could it be? make sure you report back
post #15 of 116 Old 02-28-2012, 08:19 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
Then go ahead and fab one up yourself, how hard could it be? make sure you report back
Regardless of how "hard" a product is to make, not at all saying that something like this is easy to produce or there are no excuses for not keeping up production, but as a business man, he continually makes false promises to people and never even acknowledges his complete lack of customer service. If he acknowledged it, and told customers, even if it was after they paid, that it may take this long to ship, what have you, then you would at least know the situation with the product you paid for.

post #16 of 116 Old 02-28-2012, 08:22 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Regardless of how "hard" a product is to make, not at all saying that something like this is easy to produce or there are no excuses for not keeping up production, but as a business man, he continually makes false promises to people and never even acknowledges his complete lack of customer service. If he acknowledged it, and told customers, even if it was after they paid, that it may take this long to ship, what have you, then you would at least know the situation with the product you paid for.
Once again dude your bitch falls on deaf ears..... You like to talk shit about a company you have had zero dealings with. There are hundreds of happy customers to go with the unhappy ones. Like I said you feel you can do better go for it.... You see there is a market for them so have at it..

Last edited by Dr.Dirty; 02-28-2012 at 08:25 AM.
post #17 of 116 Old 02-28-2012, 09:36 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Once again dude your bitch falls on deaf ears..... You like to talk shit about a company you have had zero dealings with. There are hundreds of happy customers to go with the unhappy ones. Like I said you feel you can do better go for it.... You see there is a market for them so have at it..
As a matter of fact, your wrong there scooter. I have dealt with benchmark, but decided not to purchase from him. I was going to place an order on his website, but, decided to give him a call to make sure that I would get it in a relatively recent time frame due to what I heard from numerous people on this forum and elsewhere. He never answered or returned my message. Then I emailed, 2 times. About 6 or 7 weeks later I received in an email back from him stating production was delayed but if I made a purchase via paypal he would get one out to me soon but would not give me a time frame. Either way, you obviously like him, and have had no problems, I'm not here to get in a pissing match with you over proper business integrity, but I will certainly always advise people against what I believe to be wrong. Thats all.

post #18 of 116 Old 02-28-2012, 01:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
As a matter of fact, your wrong there scooter. I have dealt with benchmark, but decided not to purchase from him. I was going to place an order on his website, but, decided to give him a call to make sure that I would get it in a relatively recent time frame due to what I heard from numerous people on this forum and elsewhere. He never answered or returned my message. Then I emailed, 2 times. About 6 or 7 weeks later I received in an email back from him stating production was delayed but if I made a purchase via paypal he would get one out to me soon but would not give me a time frame. Either way, you obviously like him, and have had no problems, I'm not here to get in a pissing match with you over proper business integrity, but I will certainly always advise people against what I believe to be wrong. Thats all.

Scooter??? you know me? I only let my boyfriends call me that. Last time I check you weren't on my list.

I guess ill take your advice and tell everyone that there is three sides to every story....

To the OP Glad you got one, youll be super happy with it

Ill let it bee after all this is a tech thread which apparently means little to nothing around here these days

Last edited by Dr.Dirty; 02-28-2012 at 01:42 PM.
post #19 of 116 Old 02-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Coonasian

Garage

When I get home, I'm going to call and order one. I'll try to use my credit card for record keeping but some of these guys are more artist than businessman and I can live with that. I'll put updates in this thread.

Quote:

post #20 of 116 Old 02-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Wheeler

I emailed him a couple weeks ago, and made him aware (not in a nasty way) that I was aware of his actions, or lack there of. Told him I like the product but with all the bad press kinda up in the air about it. He emailed me back the next morning and told me that when I was ready to order, he would send me the pan, and when I got it, then I could pay him through pay pal. Still havent ordered one.....but maybe you want to present this to him .......
post #21 of 116 Old 02-28-2012, 02:39 PM
JKO Addict!

I actually called him today, completely unrelated to this thread. Says he has them in stock.

I may email him and see if he is willing to ship and then get paid after.
post #22 of 116 Old 02-28-2012, 04:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Update. :

Have a pan being shipped to me, no payment till its installed.
He told me that last year a lot of the products were contracted out, and are now made in house.

Will keep thread updated.
post #23 of 116 Old 02-28-2012, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnord5 View Post
Update. :

Have a pan being shipped to me, no payment till its installed.
He told me that last year a lot of the products were contracted out, and are now made in house.

Will keep thread updated.
If you get it in a timely manner... I may buy one also...

How much do they run?

Quote:
post #24 of 116 Old 02-28-2012, 05:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Scooter??? you know me? I only let my boyfriends call me that. Last time I check you weren't on my list.

I guess ill take your advice and tell everyone that there is three sides to every story....

To the OP Glad you got one, youll be super happy with it

Ill let it bee after all this is a tech thread which apparently means little to nothing around here these days
I certainly didnt intend to start an argument or offend you with what I posted. I just thought I would give my opinion and of my personal dealings with the guy. The scooter comment is from Ron White's standup, I like to pull it out from time to time. I guess if he is sending people out pans before they even pay, maybe he is an honest dude. I hope I and everyone else are all wrong about him cause it appears as if he makes some sweet stuff.

post #25 of 116 Old 02-28-2012, 05:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
If you get it in a timely manner... I may buy one also...

How much do they run?
Marinespence has one. Trust me, if it hasn't failed on him, its good shit. Spencer could fuck up an anvil with a rubber mallet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode