REALLY?!? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 02-23-2012, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

REALLY?!?

REALLY?!? How many freaking sub-sections are we going to get in the "Approved Vendor's Showcase" section? This shit is ridiculous!
I was all for it when the sub-sections were for specific manufacturers/vendors that had more than one specific item/part AND contributed. Now, we're getting them for things that are just non-nonsensical to have their own sub-section.
Examples: AIRAID, Dynomax Exhaust, Little Passenger Seats, AntennaX,

No disrespect to the above mentioned companies, but there are other sections of the forum to pimp your product (Vendor's Marketplace, JK General Discussion, JK New Product News). As for the other ones that are there, it's kind of a wasted space. Seriously! Besides Discount Tire and Poly Performance, there isn't even action in the other sub-forums. It's wasted space and unnecessary rolls of my scroll wheel. (Just click on them and see for yourself)
However, I will say that Poly & crew have been UBER helpful in answering a multitude of questions on this forum (even questions pertaining to things that they don't have a monetary interest in). Discount has also been quite helpful to members here.
Furthermore, where's every other vendor/manufacturers sub-section (Rock Krawler, RCO, Poison Spyder, TWF, Rigid, Airpark, River Raider, Xtorm, etc)? An ass-load more of them have been more technically, financially, personally, and comically beneficial to this forum than the ones that are there now.
A little organization isn't a bad thing.

I'm just saying...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 02-23-2012, 02:24 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

It's probably a premium subscription I would guess. I haven't really experienced any trouble scrolling past them and couldn't tell you who all was up there without cheating.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #3 of 27 Old 02-23-2012, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
It's probably a premium subscription I would guess. I haven't really experienced any trouble scrolling past them and couldn't tell you who all was up there without cheating.
It's unnecessary scrolling, damnit!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 02-23-2012, 02:44 PM
JKowners Vendor

We thought about it - then went out and got the Jack in the Box Bacon Shakes.

Tasted like brown sugar.
post #5 of 27 Old 02-23-2012, 02:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Need more bacon!
post #6 of 27 Old 02-23-2012, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBEL OFFROAD View Post
We thought about it - then went out and got the Jack in the Box Bacon Shakes.

Tasted like brown sugar.
Bacon shakes? What is this magical concoction you speak of?

post #7 of 27 Old 02-23-2012, 03:03 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Marcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
Bacon shakes? What is this magical concoction you speak of?
Nothing to get excited over. Pretty sure I read that they don't contain any real bacon, just syrup. I could be wrong.

I think McDonald's should make a bacon McFlurry
post #8 of 27 Old 02-23-2012, 03:11 PM
Rock God

Garage

and yet the "new posts" button is still in the exact same spot. How many different sub forums do you click on?

Joe -
-
-
-
post #9 of 27 Old 02-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Rock God

Garage

I hate it too... Scroll past them all to get to the rest of the forums. Kind of crazy seems like there would be a better option like a single one that has the sub forums if that is what they want.
post #10 of 27 Old 02-23-2012, 06:24 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
Nothing to get excited over.
Lets see if they put that many vendor specific forums on top of Pirate and see if people get excited

Alec Wallis, Owner |
| 303-918-6167

|
| 888-521-0170
post #11 of 27 Old 02-23-2012, 06:32 PM
Coonasian

Garage

It's a matter of forum revenue and will continue until they start to drive people off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW
I love Walmart. Cheap shit, guns, knives, ammo, oil, chemicals, the biggest rubber selection I've ever seen and I always wondered how they could keep their prices so low and pay all the "entertainers" in the stores.

"Everything you never wanted to know about Cockatoos!" :
post #12 of 27 Old 02-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Garage

Those vendor's paid for their own forum.. its been an option for them for a long time..Years.. just more of them being bought now. And you can buy them on Pirate too, just more expensive I think.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #13 of 27 Old 02-23-2012, 06:44 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post

Those vendor's paid for their own forum.. its been an option for them for a long time..Years.. just more of them being bought now. And you can buy them on Pirate too, just more expensive I think.

You have to admit though, there are a lot and it's hard for the cheap guys like me to get noticed. How much is it? PM me, maybe I'll add EAD up there.

Alec Wallis, Owner |
| 303-918-6167

|
| 888-521-0170
post #14 of 27 Old 02-23-2012, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAD Offroad View Post
You have to admit though, there are a lot and it's hard for the cheap guys like me to get noticed. How much is it? PM me, maybe I'll add EAD up there.
But we know where you're at in the Vendor's Marketplace sub-category.
If you do buy one though, you better use it; or I promise to mail you boxes of dog shit!

post #15 of 27 Old 02-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Not really! If you check most of those sponsors do not post much at all. In general you get noticed more on a forum when you post all the time. In other words if you are active you will get noticed esp if you are on multiple forums.

Jason

Jeep Sales/Adventure Jeep Packages/Parts
480-788-7245 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Perfomance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Customs Ripp Superchargers
post #16 of 27 Old 02-23-2012, 08:12 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Marcy

Quote:
Lets see if they put that many vendor specific forums on top of Pirate and see if people get excited
I was talking about the bacon shake.
post #17 of 27 Old 02-23-2012, 08:14 PM
JKO Addict!

I don't notice them too often. I just hit "new posts" when I hit JKO and go from there.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #18 of 27 Old 02-23-2012, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail Concepts View Post
...In general you get noticed more on a forum when you post all the time. In other words if you are active you will get noticed esp if you are on multiple forums.

Jason
^^^^^^

post #19 of 27 Old 02-23-2012, 09:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail Concepts View Post
Not really! If you check most of those sponsors do not post much at all. In general you get noticed more on a forum when you post all the time. In other words if you are active you will get noticed esp if you are on multiple forums.

Jason
I think my sarcasm was lost on you

Alec Wallis, Owner |
| 303-918-6167

|
| 888-521-0170
post #20 of 27 Old 02-23-2012, 09:27 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
I was talking about the bacon shake.
You know what I was saying.

Alec Wallis, Owner |
| 303-918-6167

|
| 888-521-0170
post #21 of 27 Old 02-24-2012, 01:57 AM
Wheeler

Not sure what all the crying is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
A girls butthole is just like a 9 volt battery. You know its wrong to do, but eventually you put your tongue on it.
post #22 of 27 Old 02-27-2012, 11:17 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 DOOR JK View Post
Not sure what all the crying is about.
Yeah, this is one thread that I don't get

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #23 of 27 Old 02-28-2012, 04:46 AM
Granite Guru

I wasted way more time reading this and typing my reply than I will scrolling past that section.

I am all for more revenue for the forum.

Back to my needless scrolling now... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #24 of 27 Old 02-28-2012, 05:13 AM
Rock God

Where it says "Approved Vendors Showcase"...all the way to the right you will see a double arrow box...click that and it will downsize that section. Problem solved!

2009 Deep Water Blue Wrangler Unlimited X
37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on KMC Machetes
Synergy 3" Coils/Rancho 9000XL Shocks
Currie Antirock
Yukon 5.13's
Sleeves/Gussetts
JKS Rear Trackbar
ProRock 44
Front/Rear ARB Air lockers
post #25 of 27 Old 02-28-2012, 07:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter Scott View Post
Where it says "Approved Vendors Showcase"...all the way to the right you will see a double arrow box...click that and it will downsize that section. Problem solved!
Welcome to post 21

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode