why do vendors lie? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 Old 02-15-2012, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

why do vendors lie?

ya know I just dont understand why vendors think its ok to blatantly lie to us. I understand Im ordering a tire that is in high demand and the size Im looking for is tough to come by but dont sit there and fucking lie to me through your teeth. I had one vendor tell me oh they have been discontinued... BULLSHIT DONT LIE, another give me a date that they "are definitely getting a shipment" only to tell me days after that shipment never arrived that they dont know when I will be getting my tires. well ya had no problem already charging my card almost $1300, and now the best you can do is I have no idea when they will be available. I just dont know how these vendors think they can flat out lie to people and stay in business, I just added 2 more vendors to my list of never again.

2008 Detonator 2Dr. 6 Sp.
Olympic double tube sliders I Rugged Ridge front XHD I Smittybilt XRC 8 I Ef's pod I Chopped flares I Rock krawler 2.5" stock mod with Bilstein 5100s I 35" Dick Cepek Crushers

Jersey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 Old 02-15-2012, 09:09 AM
Granite Guru

which tires are you tring to get.

Full service jeep shop , Dealer for PITBULL TIRES, ORI, TERAFLEX ,RUFFSTUFF, ROUGH COUNTRY, SUPERIOR GEAR, POISON SPYDER, PSC and many other brands
Hoyt4x4 727-522-4100
post #3 of 46 Old 02-15-2012, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Garage

I don't think you have to go to far out on the limb to guess he is trying to get 37" MTR/K's

°lllll°

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 46 Old 02-15-2012, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

no 35 KM2s actually

Olympic double tube sliders I Rugged Ridge front XHD I Smittybilt XRC 8 I Ef's pod I Chopped flares I Rock krawler 2.5" stock mod with Bilstein 5100s I 35" Dick Cepek Crushers

Jersey

Crew
post #5 of 46 Old 02-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Wheeler

Too many damn jeepers buying up all the large tire in the world!

OR-Fab tire/can carrier, OR-Fab hooped stubby bumper.
TrailMaster Stealth Long Arm 4.5 inch (BAD ASS LIFT)
35 BFG KM2 on BlackRock D windows
post #6 of 46 Old 02-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepersheart View Post
no 35 KM2s actually
Wow.. I guess I should have climbed out further... LOL!

I didn't know there was a shortage of these as well..

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #7 of 46 Old 02-15-2012, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

dont get me wrong I understand they are on "national backorder" whatever that is supposed to mean but be straight with me. dont tell me you will have them just make a sale and charge my card $1300 when you know your full of shit. if they had been straight with me in the first place I would have no problems but to flat out show your lack of integrity like that... fuck off you obviously dont need my money. As soon as I find someone with the tires I want I will be canceling my order.

Jersey

Crew
post #8 of 46 Old 02-15-2012, 09:38 AM
Rock God

Which vendor?

EX-Jersey
Crew

Find us at www.disconnectedoffroad.com
post #9 of 46 Old 02-15-2012, 09:39 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
no 35 KM2s actually
I just found 12 35x12.5r17 km2. what size are you looking for

Full service jeep shop , Dealer for PITBULL TIRES, ORI, TERAFLEX ,RUFFSTUFF, ROUGH COUNTRY, SUPERIOR GEAR, POISON SPYDER, PSC and many other brands
Hoyt4x4 727-522-4100
post #10 of 46 Old 02-15-2012, 09:41 AM
Banned

Dude, give Creamery Tire in Chester County Pa a call. These guys were friggin awesome to deal with. You won't get billed until you show up for your install and they're like a nascar pit crew - they'll have you balanced, installed and back out the door in 20 minutes.

Granted, I'm not sure if they can handle tires that large since I only went to 33" tires, but I'm betting they can.

http://www.creamerytire.com/

If they don't have em, they'll give you a straight answer about if/when they can get em. I had a fine experience with them. My duratracs weren't in stock, but they had them the very next day. Prices were better than anyone else could offer me too. They were beating out vendors' discounted prices, and that was installed! Can't say enough good things about em.

post #11 of 46 Old 02-15-2012, 09:42 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

I can get you 35" KM2s all day long. 35/17s anyway.

When you call the big boys you're usually dealing with someone who doesn't know anything beyond what the computer tells them.

Give me a shout if you want to talk about pricing or contact Discount Tire Direct - they've got em too.

Marcus

post #12 of 46 Old 02-15-2012, 09:42 AM
JKO Addict!

I understand they may get bad intel, but charging the card when you don't have the product is suspect. Especially when you don't know when or if you will get the product.

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:

post #13 of 46 Old 02-15-2012, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Im looking for 35/12.5/15 apparently a size that nobody stocks enough of

Jersey

Crew
post #14 of 46 Old 02-15-2012, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
I can get you 35" KM2s all day long. 35/17s anyway.

When you call the big boys you're usually dealing with someone who doesn't know anything beyond what the computer tells them.

Give me a shout if you want to talk about pricing or contact Discount Tire Direct - they've got em too.

Marcus
I talked to ya last week... you were straight with me, I think I missed your last set by a few days.

Jersey

Crew
post #15 of 46 Old 02-15-2012, 09:47 AM
Granite Guru

I have availability in 35x16,17& 18's . what size do you need

You type faster than i do. dont have any 15's sorry
can fix you up with rockers in that size

Hoyt4x4 727-522-4100
post #16 of 46 Old 02-15-2012, 09:51 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtail82 View Post
I have availability in 35x16,17& 18's . what size do you need
VVV
Quote:
Im looking for 35/12.5/15 apparently a size that nobody stocks enough of
A friend of mine was looking for that exact tire. He gave up and is now looking for another brand.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #17 of 46 Old 02-15-2012, 09:51 AM
JKowners Vendor

I am with these guys. We have them all except the 15's! The KM2's and a surge in popularity or something. In the 35x1250x15 size, they are getting hard to come by. The 35x1250x15's also have been hit hard the last little bit.

Sorry to hear about your tires situation. Hope it gets resloved soon...

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #18 of 46 Old 02-15-2012, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
VVV
A friend of mine was looking for that exact tire. He gave up and is now looking for another brand.
unfortunately I think thats the route Im headed its just frustrating because I need tires like yesterday (mine are in that bad a shape). I just dont know what other tire to go with havent really looked at anything other then the km2 and mtr, which Im having the same problem with. No doubt I will have to wait a few days to get the hold on the card lifted once I cancel the order too!

Jersey

Crew

Last edited by jeepersheart; 02-15-2012 at 10:04 AM.
post #19 of 46 Old 02-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road.com View Post
I am with these guys. We have them all except the 15's! The KM2's and a surge in popularity or something. In the 35x1250x15 size, they are getting hard to come by. The 35x1250x15's also have been hit hard the last little bit.

Sorry to hear about your tires situation. Hope it gets resloved soon...

-Jason
Guessing GY'S old business?

......sent by UPS.

-Scott S.-

'07 2Dr Silver Rubicon
post #20 of 46 Old 02-15-2012, 10:09 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

There's a set of Dunlop Mud Rovers out there in that size.

You might check with a local store about some Firestone MTs, those are pretty sweet looking tires IMO.

I know it's frustrating...imagine being the guys selling these damn things and having to reply to 100s of emails saying "nope, not available...".

Marcus

post #21 of 46 Old 02-15-2012, 10:11 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Have you considered changing to 16 or 17 inch wheels? Running say a 17 inch wheel will probably give you the most options. If you do get the set your looking for and kill one of those tires then your in the same situation again minus $1300 looking for a replacement.

The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.-Thomas Paine

See Garage for Mods
post #22 of 46 Old 02-15-2012, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
There's a set of Dunlop Mud Rovers out there in that size.

You might check with a local store about some Firestone MTs, those are pretty sweet looking tires IMO.

I know it's frustrating...imagine being the guys selling these damn things and having to reply to 100s of emails saying "nope, not available...".

Marcus
the difference is you were straight with me and didnt tell me what I wanted to hear to make a sale only to keep me waiting on the hook. and for that I respect you and your business.

Jersey

Crew
post #23 of 46 Old 02-15-2012, 10:14 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

bobtail82 with HOYT 4x4 & Marcus with RiverCityOffroad

you've got 2 of the top tire guys right here to work with ^^^

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

post #24 of 46 Old 02-15-2012, 10:16 AM
Rock God

Got access to two of them, but that probably doesn't help you out any.

Couple of options, if this tire is going to be hitting trails, I've been *very* pleased with Dick Cepek Crushers. Run more true to size than the KM2's and better on the trails IMHO. The Mud Country is a pretty good trail tire that does good on road as well.

I know a lot of people like them, but I've never been impressed with the KM2. Run small and weak sidewall are my two reservations on them.
post #25 of 46 Old 02-15-2012, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhrogMech46 View Post
Have you considered changing to 16 or 17 inch wheels? Running say a 17 inch wheel will probably give you the most options. If you do get the set your looking for and kill one of those tires then your in the same situation again minus $1300 looking for a replacement.
already bought the wheels, prefer the looks of the 15 and the price in tires jumps quite a bit. If I cant get my first choice of tires thats fine, I can look into other tires. My complaint is when someone lies to me to get my money. As marcus said he doesnt know when he is going to have them, and he told me that over the phone, 4wheelparts gave me a specific date that they were getting a shipment. whats worse is that when I called them to see if they shipped yet they told me they never got the shipment, dont know when they will, and that there was a note on the order that I would wait for the tires! I would sure as shit like to know where that note came from cause I said nothing of the sort.

Jersey

Crew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode