Florida Forum - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 Old 02-12-2012, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Florida Forum

WTF.. everyone else talks about where they have been..or where they are going we want to sell you something I know we have had it hard but..come on man... lets get to some fuckin jeepin or just delete this off the forum to save space for the real jeepers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 Old 02-12-2012, 05:05 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Some went today (in Ocala)... Where were you?
post #3 of 49 Old 02-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Garage

°lllll°

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook Page
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube Channel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 49 Old 02-12-2012, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireTrail741 View Post
Some went today (in Ocala)... Where were you?
I go lots, surprisingly not many here do..I will also be in Moab how bout you? or the rest of florida?? Hit I know you will be their but come on I am not mad just trying to stir up some shit.. it has been dead around here
post #5 of 49 Old 02-12-2012, 05:53 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

You muckraker you!

Sent via your mom on a tricycle wearing a paper crown from Burger King

-Marc
2010 JKU -- 3.5" RE Lift -- EVO LCAs -- ARTEC Truss and TB mount -- 17" Procomp 7069 -- 37" Maxxis Treps -- Heated Trucklite Headlights -- Synergy Drag flip -- Synergy TR -- Synergy bj's-- EVO 1/4 Pounder -- EVO Tire Carrier -- 4 gal rotopax -- TF Third Row -- China AEV Snorkel

Coming up:
D60 Front 99-04 Ford ARB w/ 5.38
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42” MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
post #6 of 49 Old 02-12-2012, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKUnlimitedSport_2010 View Post
You muckraker you!

Sent via your mom on a tricycle wearing a paper crown from Burger King
No disrespect to you as this was your brainchild.. I love the idea...but it is the most popular subject in the forum..I would like to see a trips( wheeling,not a show or a wing place) as main topic..but being from the west I may be asking for to much.All I know is 6 of the jko'ers close to me have bailed for lack of Florida effort.
post #7 of 49 Old 02-12-2012, 06:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

yeah..... it stinks.....

-Marc
2010 JKU -- 3.5" RE Lift -- EVO LCAs -- ARTEC Truss and TB mount -- 17" Procomp 7069 -- 37" Maxxis Treps -- Heated Trucklite Headlights -- Synergy Drag flip -- Synergy TR -- Synergy bj's-- EVO 1/4 Pounder -- EVO Tire Carrier -- 4 gal rotopax -- TF Third Row -- China AEV Snorkel

Coming up:
D60 Front 99-04 Ford ARB w/ 5.38
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42” MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
post #8 of 49 Old 02-12-2012, 07:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Effort to where? Moab? Kinda difficult to do every other weekend. But see and agree with what you are sayin. I have to travel out of state to do real wheelin. Just got back into Fl. And went to hardrock on the way home to meet some fl jeepers.
post #9 of 49 Old 02-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Rock God

It's not the easiest place to wheel especially coming from Miami. I made it to Moab in 2010 and was unable to make it last year and by the looks of it this year is out too. And after years of playing in the mud and then going home to clean my Jeep for three hours, it gets old. Especially when you've gotten a taste of playing on the rocks . I wish we had some better areas down here and the few areas we used to have are been slowly shut down. That's what makes the events such a nice option. It's a bit easier to plan when you know months in advance. Not always so simple when there is only a few weeks notices.

2012 SLV JK Unlimited Rubicon
post #10 of 49 Old 02-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Granite Guru

The club I was in for NW FL, we had some small trail riding but that was it. Everything else we had to go up to central and north Bama but some pretty cool places up there that are even challenging for buggies. I know that's a long haul for you southies but it is what it is man

I finally ditched that "other" forum
and coming to wheel on the dark side
post #11 of 49 Old 02-13-2012, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
This did scare me though..I thought I was in for a real ass kickin lol ..OK rant over just had to vent..I know Florida sucks for wheeling but after being caged up here for 6 yrs I just
post #12 of 49 Old 02-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-TownJK View Post
This did scare me though..I thought I was in for a real ass kickin lol ..OK rant over just had to vent..I know Florida sucks for wheeling but after being caged up here for 6 yrs I just
LoL You've only been here 6yrs. I've lived here all my life

post #13 of 49 Old 02-13-2012, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbeato View Post
LoL You've only been here 6yrs. I've lived here all my life
OOOhh! Sorry man this is how I cope its kinda sad.
post #14 of 49 Old 02-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
It's not the easiest place to wheel especially coming from Miami. I made it to Moab in 2010 and was unable to make it last year and by the looks of it this year is out too. And after years of playing in the mud and then going home to clean my Jeep for three hours, it gets old. Especially when you've gotten a taste of playing on the rocks . I wish we had some better areas down here and the few areas we used to have are been slowly shut down. That's what makes the events such a nice option. It's a bit easier to plan when you know months in advance. Not always so simple when there is only a few weeks notices.
Quote:

Meh.. I was just making fun of how angry you appeared to be about it... lol

lbeato is right.. there arent many places to wheel at in Florida.. even worse in SoFl. Actually the only 2 legal wheeling spots that are under a 2 hour drive for me is Bear Island Unit and JW Corbett.. wheeling in either place is more like going boating for a day.. and when its dry its just dirt roads and bugs... nothing even interesting to look at.. I had a blast though when I went there the first few times but then I went to Moab and that might be the worst thing that ever happened to my wheeling in Florida. There was a quasi legal spot off 8th street in Miami that I went to a couple times.. but to get into it I had to crawl over some dumped refrigerators and a few stoves, weave around a dozen dumped piles of garbage to wheel in slop that smelled worse than a septic tank. When SFWMD said no more wheeling out there I never went back.. not that I would of anyway, its just that nasty.

I still enjoy trips to Hardrock a few times a year, but mostly my rig sits at ROCO4x4 or my garage (usually in pieces) awaiting the next long distance trip which have been very few in the past year with having getting married and all that went into that.

This year is looking up for me.. My rig will be done by Moab , I am bringing Smurfette back home from there as well. Jeep Beach is right on the heels of Moab. Then I plan on a weekend trip to Hardrock with Jenna and Smurfette. I am sure we will be doing alot more frequent wheeling this year but much of it probably won't be in FL other than Ocala.

It is what it is, and someday we plan on not being where "is" is now.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #15 of 49 Old 02-13-2012, 03:07 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

^^^^^ agreed with everything said. Except i have not been to Moab yet. Although SC and NC work for me for now. Gulches and the Flats are great! Uwharrie and Beasley Knob are next on the list. They are all within 10 hours of travel time. If I go to Moab,Ii may move there and not look back.

Hit, your rig is still sitting there waiting on the front suspension. What up? Still waiting on the coil overs?
post #16 of 49 Old 02-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
^^^^^ agreed with everything said. Except i have not been to Moab yet. Although SC and NC work for me for now. Gulches and the Flats are great! Uwharrie and Beasley Knob are next on the list. They are all within 10 hours of travel time. If I go to Moab,Ii may move there and not look back.

Hit, your rig is still sitting there waiting on the front suspension. What up? Still waiting on the coil overs?
Front suspension is here... waiting on new PSC steering box, hoist time and a free weekend Should have a new look by Moab too..

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #17 of 49 Old 02-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Rock God

Hit, did you finally find someone to trailer Smufette or are having to pick her up yourself?

post #18 of 49 Old 02-13-2012, 05:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Moab and Colorado are just like Florida if you use a lot of imagination . Palm trees vs, 1000ft drop offs and the odd rock in the way to run over.

OK so that's a stretch .

My Garmin and my mygig both show altitude and one is 50' different from the other (the mygig is off). 50' out here is nothing (my house is close to 5,600 and I'm in the city) but that's like the total elevation difference in FL right

Alec Wallis, Owner |
| 303-918-6167

|
| 888-521-0170
post #19 of 49 Old 02-13-2012, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:

Nice I just did coal creek in TN.That was pretty dame good.If you hit Ocala again let me know I am 2 hrs away and usually open for a day trip..
post #20 of 49 Old 02-13-2012, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAD Offroad View Post
Moab and Colorado are just like Florida if you use a lot of imagination . Palm trees vs, 1000ft drop offs and the odd rock in the way to run over.

OK so that's a stretch .

My Garmin and my mygig both show altitude and one is 50' different from the other (the mygig is off). 50' out here is nothing (my house is close to 5,600 and I'm in the city) but that's like the total elevation difference in FL right
Every thing you said I can handle..But the rocks??The F-in Rocks I looked for 3 days straight trying to find some dame rocks...They dont exist in the sandbar state.Man I miss New MexicoImagrants welcome cause no way in hell would a US Citizen pick onions or chile in the NM heat for 1$ a bag..Just sayin Lol
post #21 of 49 Old 02-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Hit, did you finally find someone to trailer Smufette or are having to pick her up yourself?
I am probably flying out to CA and driving it to Moab with Ric from Roco.. my rig is being trailered out with Kha's by Chad "RockTime".

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #22 of 49 Old 02-13-2012, 06:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
.They dont exist in the sandbar state.Man I miss New Mexico
I10 runs both ways. Just sayin'

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #23 of 49 Old 02-13-2012, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
I10 runs both ways. Just sayin'
Yip I will be going out that way..and coming right back.. I miss it but I am not a total retard ( sorry if that is not politically correct)I miss it but would I move back Their is more to life than great wheelin so Florida it is That is not a shit storm but florida mud..I hate that shit
post #24 of 49 Old 02-13-2012, 07:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Yip I will be going out that way..and coming right back.. I miss it but I am not a total retard ( sorry if that is not politically correct)I miss it but would I move back Their is more to life than great wheelin so Florida it is That is not a shit storm but florida mud..I hate that shit
lol hijack tell me more.

We had an awesome 10 day NM/AZ vacation in '03. My son moved there in '07, stayed in BIL's house in Coralles for a bit, he now lives in Belin. We live on freezer chiles shipped from him each year.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #25 of 49 Old 02-14-2012, 03:14 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
I am probably flying out to CA and driving it to Moab with Ric from Roco.. my rig is being trailered out with Kha's by Chad "RockTime".
Sounds like it's going to be a good time. Wish I was headed out there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode