Rubicon Express - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 01-27-2012, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Rubicon Express

They warrantied out my LA bushings, free of charge, no issues there. Sweet. But they won't send a new trackbar bushing. Gotta call 4wheel parts and order it.

Really? There's about 4K worth of suspension and drive shafts under my Jeep and you won't toss me a bushing?

Whatever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 01-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Granite Guru

at least it's not the whole trackbar that broke on you......
post #3 of 18 Old 01-27-2012, 01:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

It's great to work with 4WP, I mean RE. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 01-31-2012, 11:24 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

I've read that the customer service with the new owners isn't that great yet. Its a good company with a good product line so I hope they get that part of the game together.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 18 Old 02-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Granite Guru

hey man just be appreciative of what they are doing for you. My personal experience was the worse I have EVER had in my life with the new ownership. They would not do it for me without money upfront even though it was their crappy bushings that destroyed my control arms. So them. I'm rollin on Rock Krawler now!

I finally ditched that "other" forum
and coming to wheel on the dark side
post #6 of 18 Old 02-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
I've read that the customer service with the new owners isn't that great yet. Its a good company with a good product line so I hope they get that part of the game together.
even though my experience was bad with them, I agree in that hoping they turn things around because overall I was happy with my 4.5" long arm, but they did nothing to rectify this and treated me pretty damn harshly in the process. I gave them 3 chances last year to correct it and received a different answer each time. time will tell

I finally ditched that "other" forum
and coming to wheel on the dark side
post #7 of 18 Old 02-14-2012, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I got the bushings installed here a couple of weekends ago, not too bad of a job, although it had been about 2 years since I've had to do any heavy suspension work. I was a little sore for a couple of days after (no air tools, did it with 6 ton jack stands in my garage).

I called the 4wp in Portland (our store got shut down by the share holders 2 years ago, even though they were making money, go figure on that one ), and the guy on the other end of the phone was super helpful. 3 days later (and $15 bucks) I had a new track bar bushing. Too bad I had done all the work the weekend before. Oh well.

Good on RE for replacing all of those bad bushings. Now if they can get the customer service figured out.
post #8 of 18 Old 02-26-2012, 10:45 AM
JKO Addict!

No now if the could make some good bushings!!! My upper rear bushings last about 6 months and they start tearing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 BRAVO
panama
kuwait
somalia
bosnia
cuba
now just kicking it as a civilian
I served so your lazy ass didnt have to
post #9 of 18 Old 02-26-2012, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECHAD View Post
No now if the could make some good bushings!!! My upper rear bushings last about 6 months and they start tearing

Have you tried the new material ones? The mpeg material or whatever the heck it is?

That's what they sent me. If my rear uppers go south again, Currie makes a Johnny joint replacement end, and I will go that route.

But like I said in my other post, I'm not going to bitch that the original ones lasted 4 1/2 years.
post #10 of 18 Old 03-04-2012, 02:57 AM
JKO Addict!

Yes mine are the new material!!

18 BRAVO
panama
kuwait
somalia
bosnia
cuba
post #11 of 18 Old 04-03-2012, 01:43 PM
'merica

Rubicon Express Fucking sucks!!! I need a replacement tie rod and and they are custom made for their drag links, which means no cross over off the shelf tie rod ends! The issue now is if I replace the draglink with Poly's kit I have to get a new pitman arm

So here is a big FUCK YOU RUBICON EXPRESS!!!

U.S. Army

KJ6OIT
post #12 of 18 Old 04-03-2012, 01:53 PM
V8 dreams

Just curious, why do you need a new pitman?

Vandy

2010 Silver JKU
post #13 of 18 Old 04-03-2012, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvnxScout View Post
Rubicon Express Fucking sucks!!! I need a replacement tie rod and and they are custom made for their drag links, which means no cross over off the shelf tie rod ends! The issue now is if I replace the draglink with Poly's kit I have to get a new pitman arm

So here is a big FUCK YOU RUBICON EXPRESS!!!
PSC's one ton ends will screw in, and the taper should be the same. Find a pair local to try out but I believe that's what I ended up finding out at my buddies shop.
post #14 of 18 Old 04-03-2012, 05:02 PM
'merica

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvandy50 View Post
Just curious, why do you need a new pitman?

Vandy
The pitman arm is Rubicon Expresses and their drag link has new made for rubicon expresses drag link

U.S. Army

KJ6OIT
post #15 of 18 Old 04-21-2012, 06:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Metal cloak is now making replacement bushings to fit the RE arms, I will be trying them soon

18 BRAVO
panama
kuwait
somalia
bosnia
cuba
post #16 of 18 Old 04-22-2012, 09:33 PM
'merica

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECHAD View Post
Metal cloak is now making replacement bushings to fit the RE arms, I will be trying them soon

I have a set of the "new" bushings from RE still need to put them in

sent from Skynet

U.S. Army

KJ6OIT
post #17 of 18 Old 04-23-2012, 08:40 AM
JKowners Vendor

For all of you that bought an RE long arm system and are having issues with the bushings in the rear (most common), we will gladly seperate our Long Arm Upgrade System for you guys and provide you with a 20% discount so you can get your rigs squared away. It sucks to spend money twice so we would like to try to help out.

You would get the Independent 3 link long arm setup with high clearance lower control arms if you guys want for The retail for the back half of the upgrade would be $999 and you guys could have it for $799 plus shipping.

You must prove to us that you are an RE customer in order to get this price.

Sorry for the issues you guys are having.

RK
post #18 of 18 Old 04-25-2012, 07:16 AM
'merica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
For all of you that bought an RE long arm system and are having issues with the bushings in the rear (most common), we will gladly seperate our Long Arm Upgrade System for you guys and provide you with a 20% discount so you can get your rigs squared away. It sucks to spend money twice so we would like to try to help out.

You would get the Independent 3 link long arm setup with high clearance lower control arms if you guys want for The retail for the back half of the upgrade would be $999 and you guys could have it for $799 plus shipping.

You must prove to us that you are an RE customer in order to get this price.

Sorry for the issues you guys are having.

RK
Ok so how well does this drive on the roads? Mine is a daily driver.

U.S. Army

KJ6OIT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode