HereticFab Bumper - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 01-26-2012, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thumbs down HereticFab Bumper

So i ordered my bumper from them last friday... had to call them and speak to someone on the phone because the website wouldn't work properly... So, the guy says he told me he didnt have it in stock and had to make it, but i swear i never heard him say that, anyhow... he it is almost a week later, and the bumper still has not been shipped. I am not happy with the customer service there at all....
I will say, IMO, next to the poison spider lite bumper, it is the best looking bumper on the market. but now it looks like my money will go to the Poison Spider.... and some others in my jeep club, with JKs, were waiting to see mine before they ordered theirs...

Good luck to anyone else trying to buy this bumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 01-26-2012, 09:13 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

You will find that to be the case with many, many fabrication companies.

If that is the bumper you like then give them some time. There are people who have waited a month or more for bumpers from names we see day in and day out.

It is the nature of the beast...if it's made in the USA and has options that need to be welded on you're going to have to give them some time. Instant gratification will get you a tack welded, thrown in a box and shipped over seas in mass quantities bumper.

Give them some time...you're going to wait a few days no matter what you buy if it's custom.

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 25 Old 01-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Rock God

Garage

My Brawler Lite was on my doorstep six days after I ordered from Jason at Krawl, despite it being the day before Thanksgiving when I ordered.

Marcus is right, though. I got lucky. For the quality American product you need to be patient.

Now you not liking the way they handle you could be a different story.

1988 Wrangler YJ, Q78-15s, some of this, some of that...
2014 Grand Cherokee Limited, EcoDiesel, RWD...
2013 RAM 1500 4x4, more buttons that I'm usually allowed to touch...
2007 JK X, just getting started...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 01-26-2012, 09:26 AM
Wheeler

I pretty much agree with Marcus. I ordered the front BFH directly from Poison Spyder early in the week and had it almost two weeks later. I was pretty damn happy about that! Considering it took 8 weeks to get my original LOD bumpers!!
post #5 of 25 Old 01-26-2012, 09:49 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I think you should order a bumper from ShrockWorks and report back to us. j/k

Something to point out abnout Poison Spyder. They farm a lot of their component fabrication out which makes things a lot more efficient than doing it all in house. End result is less lead time for delivering the end product. Smaller shops don't have that luxury, and as far as ordering on the web goes, I find it much better to talk directly with a person. It makes the whole process more pleasant and limits the negative type of surprises provided you ask all the right questions.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #6 of 25 Old 01-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
You will find that to be the case with many, many fabrication companies.

If that is the bumper you like then give them some time. There are people who have waited a month or more for bumpers from names we see day in and day out.

It is the nature of the beast...if it's made in the USA and has options that need to be welded on you're going to have to give them some time. Instant gratification will get you a tack welded, thrown in a box and shipped over seas in mass quantities bumper.

Give them some time...you're going to wait a few days no matter what you buy if it's custom.

Marcus
I waited 4 months for my rear-bumper. What a long time, but worth it for the quality.

White 2012 Sahara, Switchblade rear bumper, 5 35" mud grapplers sitting in my spare bedroom waiting on my lift.
post #7 of 25 Old 01-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Rock God

Marcus pretty much summed it up

2010 4-DOOR MOUNTAIN
post #8 of 25 Old 01-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Granite Guru

Can I see pics of this bumper?

Jersey

Crew
post #9 of 25 Old 01-26-2012, 10:15 AM
V8 dreams

Is it the shaffer's offroad bumper?

Vandy

2010 Silver JKU
post #10 of 25 Old 01-26-2012, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

yea, it was the shaffers bumper, i liked the way it looked... next to the poison spyder, its the best looking bumper on the market...

I wouldnt mind a 2 week wait if i was told it was two weeks ... but i was led to believe it would be to me in a week
post #11 of 25 Old 01-26-2012, 01:06 PM
V8 dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverjk1 View Post
Can I see pics of this bumper?

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66528

2010 Silver JKU
post #12 of 25 Old 01-26-2012, 01:08 PM
V8 dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon View Post
yea, it was the shaffers bumper, i liked the way it looked... next to the poison spyder, its the best looking bumper on the market...

I wouldnt mind a 2 week wait if i was told it was two weeks ... but i was led to believe it would be to me in a week
i understand. sweet looking bumper though. if i didn't have the psc already, the one in their thread with the stinger would be on my rig. just something about them i love. hopefully it'll be worth the wait.

and you might wana move this to dirty laundry

2010 Silver JKU
post #13 of 25 Old 01-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
So i ordered my bumper from them last friday... had to call them and speak to someone on the phone because the website wouldn't work properly... So, the guy says he told me he didnt have it in stock and had to make it, but i swear i never heard him say that, anyhow... he it is almost a week later, and the bumper still has not been shipped. I am not happy with the customer service there at all....
I will say, IMO, next to the poison spider lite bumper, it is the best looking bumper on the market. but now it looks like my money will go to the Poison Spider.... and some others in my jeep club, with JKs, were waiting to see mine before they ordered theirs...

Good luck to anyone else trying to buy this bumper
You waited one week and posted this up..

I have waited over a month for a mass produced item selling through a national seller.

This is the Jeep JK world.. it is a niche market occupied by mostly small shops who can't afford to front material and labor to stock lots of product.. if you happen to order in between "runs" you are gonna have to wait. Other shops are "Build To Order" meaning they don't make it until you order it and that is certainly gonna take some time. Other larger shops like Poly and PSC, but still small comparatively speaking when you think of the "Go Fast" market like muscle cars and ricers.. are able to stock up enough items to supply vendors and direct customers. But even they at times get caught on short supply and can take weeks if not longer to get a product back in stock.

The availability of JK parts now is insanely better than it was in say 08, 09 when you were lucky to get a bumper inside of a month from a made in USA shop.. Hell, I remember people waiting weeks or more for Rugged Ridge & Smitty bumpers to arrive off the slow boat from China.

If you want it "NOW" you had better order it from someone over the phone and ask them to go put their hands on it while they are on the phone with you and ask them while they are it to slap a shipping label on it... and even then its gonna take more than a week to get to you.

įlllllį

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #14 of 25 Old 01-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Rock God

Garage

I donít know if you should flame them for a week. I understand you donít recall him stating he has to make it but he may have or he may have thought he did and didnít either way, most companies like that have their shit made to order. When I ordered my Or Fab carrier I was told it is made to order and drop shipped by OR Fab with no for sure ship date but the vendor said it is typically taking OR Fab a week. I waited that week and it got shipped.

Patience is a virtue. You will get your bumper.

-Dan

2008 JK X: Sold
post #15 of 25 Old 01-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
If you want it "NOW" you had better order it from someone over the phone .
That is what he said he did.

There has been a couple of these quick dirty laundry posts lately. Interstingly, others come on an say, "wtf - be patient," "wtf - he is a good guy, "wtf - etc..."

I say, vendors should straighten their own crap out and deliver as promised, or they should be the ones to call when they miss their soft date. If you can't make one bumper in a week - you shouldn't be advertising bumpers for sale, and for sure you shouldn't be taking money up-front.

If I want a bumper, and I scraped together the cash, and the vendor said he could deliver in a week, then wtf - I want it in a week.

This isn't just a HerecticFab issue - it is becoming a way of doing business.

Out.
post #16 of 25 Old 01-26-2012, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I understand that, but when he told me it should be to me by friday or monday, I assumed it meant it was built.... I assumed this was not a small shop due to the fact that other websites sell that bumper too.
but either way, i cancelled the order....

I work in a Dealership...a Dodge dealership, and we deal with backorders all the time, but we are told ahead of time. Granted, waiting is not a strong suit of mine... when i get my mind made up to buy something like this, i want it right then and there... not to mention the hours spent each night lokng at pictures, reading reviews, and just plain gawking at other jeeps...
post #17 of 25 Old 01-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Rock God

Garage

Good luck with PSC being better. I waited several months for a bumper that was suppose to take 2-3 weeks.
post #18 of 25 Old 01-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Rock God

Often the time you wait on something is directly proportional to the time it will last. I figure my Shrockwork stuff will last forever!
post #19 of 25 Old 01-28-2012, 03:11 PM
JKO Addict!

I wouldn't even expect a bumper to be delivered in under a week, let alone hand-made.

Did you try to call them and find out its status or did you just expect them to contact you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #20 of 25 Old 01-31-2012, 11:35 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

HA! Took me 6 months to get my Shrockworks front stubby!

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #21 of 25 Old 02-01-2012, 03:29 AM
Rock God

wow i would be happy to get something in two weeks..ive waited months and months for stuff before...but i expected the wait .. im guessing you haven't order many JK parts before ? but yeah if they told you a week i can understand the frustration.. they shouldn't have said that..
post #22 of 25 Old 02-01-2012, 04:19 AM
Apt
I Put the FU in FUN

Garage

I just looked that bumper up. Beautiful. I'd be prepared to wait two months for someone to hand make that. You need to have some patience.
post #23 of 25 Old 02-01-2012, 09:25 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apt View Post
I just looked that bumper up. Beautiful. I'd be prepared to wait two months for someone to hand make that. You need to have some patience.
Then by all means, step to the front of the line. But, if you are inferring that the OP should have your patience, maybe parting with a little green will stiffen that upper lip a bit, as I know it does mine.

The derails keep coming in this thread.

Cliffs:
OP contacted vendor;
Vendor made commitment (kind of);
Vendor failed commitment (according to OP);
OP unwound deal.
JKO members express their patience.

Consumers are not obligated to be patient when vendors miss dates, understanding through additional communications initiated by vendors, quite possibly.

Where TF is the vendor on this issue anyway? Are they still in the bumper business, and what should JKOers consider a normal turnaround time on an order? Is that enough bait to put this issue to rest?
post #24 of 25 Old 02-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Banned

Quote:

This is something I don't and likely never will understand. If the ship time on a product is 6-8 weeks and a guy tells the client 2 weeks, he's setting himself up for immediate FAIL.

Transparency and honesty goes a LONG fuckin way in business and that goes for a helluva lot more places than just offroad products.

/rant

post #25 of 25 Old 02-26-2012, 10:58 AM
JKO Addict!

Should have ordered direct from Shaffersoffroad nice people, have to remember his shop is not some huge place that farms out stuff he builds everything right there. I am 2 hours away, and mine took 3 weeks. Well worth the wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 BRAVO
panama
kuwait
somalia
bosnia
cuba
now just kicking it as a civilian
I served so your lazy ass didnt have to
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode