Time to publicly bitch-slap a vendor? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 85 Old 01-20-2012, 06:36 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Time to publicly bitch-slap a vendor?

"Hypothetical situation"

Contact a vendor on JKO to ask some technical questions about the "floormats" for the JK.

The vendor has many detailed posts about "floormat" mods, installs and options. He specializes in hard to find "floormat" parts. . .

Have a great phone conversation with the vendor. He gives good advice and I agree to purchase some "floormat" parts on the spot. He up-sells me a bit to ensure that my "floormat" install looks great. I am good with all this.

He says he'll ship ASAP and I'll have my "floormat" parts in three days. Great. Order paid for and placed.

Four business days later, no package. I email vendor for tracking info-- no reply. I call vendor, left a message. No reply...

Now, one week and three voice mails and two emails, a package arrives from the vendor with someone else's order. I email and call vendor and I have not had any reply.

I'd like to hear from some of the JKO vendors as to how they would handle this and when its time to institute some JKO forum jutice. . .

Rant over!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 85 Old 01-20-2012, 06:47 AM
JKO Addict!

Sounds frustrating. I just got the Mopar mats.

Is this vendor a small shop? Could he have been on vacation or had an emergency that took him away with no one to cover for him?

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 85 Old 01-20-2012, 07:17 AM
Granite Guru

Damn Ron! Who'd you piss off to make them not take your phone calls??? I'm sure if that "hypothetical vendor" is reading this, you will receive your call shortly!

American by Birth! Southern by the Grace of God!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 85 Old 01-20-2012, 07:22 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Wrong order, stuff happens. But on the issue of lack of contact from a vendor, unless there's a good personal reason there is no excuse to completely ignore all communication with a customer. Bitch slap away.

At this point I would either state my bitch or don't bother. No beating around the bush. Vague hypothetical bs is just that, it will just make me search for what you were interested in last week.

My .02

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.

Last edited by gold knight; 01-20-2012 at 07:33 AM.
post #5 of 85 Old 01-20-2012, 07:34 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
Wrong order, stuff happens. But on the issue of lack of contact from a vendor, unless there's a good personal reason there is no excuse to completely ignore all communication with a customer. Bitch slap away.

At this point I would either state my bitch or don't bother. No beating around the bush. Vague hypothetical bs is just that, it will just make me search for what you were interested in last week.

My .02
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroader613 View Post
yeah...I decided to go and finish on the tree
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaker View Post
actually , I can see my cock , is just a little hard to shave down there
post #6 of 85 Old 01-20-2012, 07:36 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Well that didn't work, apparently you didn't post up about it or I missed it lol.

Have you tried via pm here as well?

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #7 of 85 Old 01-20-2012, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

At Gotlime & gold knight--

My hypothetical post was an attempt to give the vendor the benefit of the doubt that there may have been a family emergency, or something like severe illness or death got in the way of returning my phone calls.

I know wrong orders happen and I am cool with that part of the issue.

I will give the vendor 24 hours to get back to me and then I will rat him out.

As to gold knight- search on brother-- I will admit nothing, deny everything, demand more proof and leave no breadcrumbs to follow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Sounds frustrating. I just got the Mopar mats.

Is this vendor a small shop? Could he have been on vacation or had an emergency that took him away with no one to cover for him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post

My .02

post #8 of 85 Old 01-20-2012, 07:46 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by numb_crna View Post
At Gotlime & gold knight--

My hypothetical post was an attempt to give the vendor the benefit of the doubt that there may have been a family emergency, or something like severe illness or death got in the way of returning my phone calls.

I know wrong orders happen and I am cool with that part of the issue.

I will give the vendor 24 hours to get back to me and then I will rat him out.

As to gold knight- search on brother-- I will admit nothing, deny everything, demand more proof and leave no breadcrumbs to follow!
Well played sir.

Quote:
post #9 of 85 Old 01-20-2012, 07:52 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

There is just a large lack of concern in the world for customers and their satisfaction.

Family emergency or not you find a point in there to make sure your people know what's up when you're the only one manning the help. I'm almost always available and while that drives me bat shit crazy most of the time, the people who rely on me know what's going on with their purchases and myself.

If you've got an emergency and a smart phone you are almost always within reach of someone's contact information and your email. It's just as easy to send a message that says "I blew my arm off at Bunko tonight and will email you shortly" as it is to completely ignore someone's email IMO.

I don't want to throw anyone under the bus, but claiming you don't have time to email customers or answer the phone/return messages says you are just lazy and unconcerned. You can reply to email while you're watching TV.

:th_242735:

Marcus

post #10 of 85 Old 01-20-2012, 09:02 AM
Coonasian

Garage

My "JKO vendor" involvements have been disappointing but I haven't bought major stuff yet. In today's market, lack of communication should not be tolerated, buyer beware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW
I love Walmart. Cheap shit, guns, knives, ammo, oil, chemicals, the biggest rubber selection I've ever seen and I always wondered how they could keep their prices so low and pay all the "entertainers" in the stores.

"Everything you never wanted to know about Cockatoos!" :
post #11 of 85 Old 01-20-2012, 09:15 AM
JKO Addict!

I never knew Bunko was so dangerous. I stopped going to bingo for fear of being trampled by old ladies and was thinking of going with Bunko.

Lesson learned: order all your shiite from Marcus and RCO. And don't go to Bunko with him.

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:

post #12 of 85 Old 01-20-2012, 03:00 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
I never knew Bunko was so dangerous. I stopped going to bingo for fear of being trampled by old ladies and was thinking of going with Bunko.

Lesson learned: order all your shiite from Marcus and RCO. And don't go to Bunko with him.
I agree with the idea of the lesson. Go with the tried and true vendors that consistently come through for customers. Unless your "floormats" are actually a Off Road Heros Top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #13 of 85 Old 01-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Granite Guru

Oh Man! This is kinda exciting, so 24hrs would be roughly 9:30 tomorrow morning. Oh, wait.....crap! I'll be at work.
post #14 of 85 Old 01-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Garage

If you're not going to give details of "who, what, when, where and how" then don't start a thread in the DL section like some kinda threat that if they don't come thru by sundown you are gonna expose them.

If you have a legitimate bitch to be tried in court of public opinion, present the case in full or don't present it at all.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #15 of 85 Old 01-21-2012, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

OK- Here is the deal:

Jan 10, 2012: I contacted Brett Woods (JKO username;* Woods) from
JeepSwag.com via JKO PM to ask about expanding my OBA system. * I had installed my compressor about a year ago and wanted to add a tank.

We chatted and he gave me some good advice, so I showed my appreciation for his knowledge by purchasing everything he suggested, on the spot.
* He said it was all in house and he would get my order ready to go that day and I’d have it on Saturday.

Great thing about being on the east cost dealing with west coast vendors.

Jan 13, 2012:* I get an email from the Google Checkout telling me that my order was shipped.

OK,* the 10th was a Tuesday, the 13th was Friday.* No big deal—in the mean time I had gotten the go-ahead to wheel with Southern Girl’s group at RC Saturday.

Jan 17 – Jan 20:* I attempted to contact JeepSwag.com by telephone, email or JKO PM each day by one or two methods.

*Jan 19, 2012:* A package shows up from JeepSwag.com.** Its got two pairs of brake pads in it.* I again tried to contact JeepSwag.com with no success.

I know that fuck-ups happen and shipping labels and boxes get switched.* No biggie.* Its just that I have been trying to communicate with this vendor for over a week and nothing, nada, zilch.

*Hitmoney-* I respect your Forum wisdom and hear what your saying about empty threats.* I am an extremely benevolent guy and I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt that something personal was going on.

Marcus’s comments summed it up.

*Is this a completely abnormal occurrence with a vendor that the JKO community has routinely had good experiences with—just a fluke?* Or is this a routine situation with this vendor?

I am just looking to get my stuff and get on with my project.

post #16 of 85 Old 01-21-2012, 08:46 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'm surprised that it is Brett you are having issues with. I have bought many different products that he sells and never had a problem with communication or customer service. Hell the guy has helped me install products he sells free of charge that I installed incorrectly.I'm not trying to excuse the lack of communication but I'm just saying that this isn't the norm for him.

The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.-Thomas Paine

See Garage for Mods
post #17 of 85 Old 01-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Rock God

Garage

I'm interested to see what Brett has to say. I have dealt with him in the past and was very happy, he even threw in the plates he makes to prevent cracks by the hard top mounting holes.
Additionally, he was pretty upset a year or so ago when a kid tried to screw him out of a set a seats he shipped him. Thread was on jkf and he finally got a resolution. The progression of events reinforced my thought that he was a good guy even though he was in with wol.
post #18 of 85 Old 01-21-2012, 09:12 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Relax. Brett is in saline valley I'm sure he will square you away ASAP. I guess vendors aren't allowed to take a break.

Sent from a diseased hookers twat

www.jeepasylum.com
post #19 of 85 Old 01-21-2012, 09:18 AM
JKowners Vendor

Oh this is about Brett? He is a great guy and a fellow SoCal wheeler. I'm sure he can explain all this very easily, he has always been drama free.
post #20 of 85 Old 01-21-2012, 09:33 AM
Granite Guru

Yup. Ditto Dr. Dirty...
I was supposed to be on that trip too. Damn cold won't go away.
Anyway, I know they don't have cell service where they are camping.
I think Brett went up on Weds.
R

Not planning for failure is planning to fail!
post #21 of 85 Old 01-21-2012, 09:47 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Brett will definitely fix the problem. He's one of the most laid back people on the planet from what I know of him and from speaking with him. Sometimes it takes a message or two, but he'll get you squared away and you'll probably have some "swag" to make up for it.

I like his videos...slow talkin and wearing flip flops. I'm jealous. Lol!

Hang in there man!

post #22 of 85 Old 01-21-2012, 10:57 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
Relax. Brett is in saline valley I'm sure he will square you away ASAP. I guess vendors aren't allowed to take a break.

Sent from a diseased hookers twat
no dog in this fight but I know when I am out of pocket for a period of time, I put an auto reply on my office email to let those know...not that hard.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

post #23 of 85 Old 01-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Rock God

Most of us in SoCal know Brett personally and this is not the norm. I have no doubt this will be taken care of.
post #24 of 85 Old 01-21-2012, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Ok. I said my piece, openly aired my bitch.

I am reassured by the outpouring of surprise and support for Brett.

I have been a JKO member for just over a year and have learned so darn much about the JK from reading this forum-- posts by many of you who responded.
I will trust that this is a rare snafu. I look forward to being able to post kudos about the resolution to this.

In the meantime, I just got off the snowey trails at Rausch Creek with my two daughters. Snow, ice and mud made for a great Dad - Daughters weekend away. I'm typing this while the girls swim in the hotel pool near RC. I even let my 9 1/2 year old daughter drive one lap around the parking lot in the Jeep. Starting them early.

post #25 of 85 Old 01-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to joeglock

Brett is a stand up guy. He will get you taken care of I have no doubt about that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode