Loan - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 01-17-2012, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Loan

(this may be long)
I traded in my Dodge ram for a Jeep JK last January. I love jeep and just wanted another one, i was in good standing with the bank lender always paid early, and was never late on a monthly payment. so it was no problem getting the JK.

Some things happened in July and i had to fly back home to Virginia, a couple days before my normal payment i called the bank and paid over the phone ( not remembering i wouldn't get a receipt i didn't write down the conformation number :th_242735: i know i know) i then went about my bis.

Aug rolls around i drive to the bank pay and get my receipt so on and so on, my wife gets a call toward the end of December stating i was behind! so i grab all of my receipts and head over to the bank which was like talking to an idiot, my wife ends up talking to someone who said i was in collections( so i begin to remove my mods off the jeep) and says if this isn't dealt with someone will be coming to collect the JK! Shit, so they work out a deal that one month will be put toward the end of my loan and to just pay twice in january, mind you i was never told i had to pay a late charge or that i was even behind since July no statements calls or anything.

So i am good, we get the deferred payment letter and its for my wife's jeep not mine!! WTF, :flamethrowingsmiley so i call asset recovering and talk with a very nice lady i tell my record with said bank should always show im early blah blah, i give her a date on which i will shit two payments and promise to be early.

Well look at that im early, all said and done!

i check the mail today grab a beer while holding my fat ass basset hound and check my account and there are insufficient funds charges which came out to four car payments! fuck my fucking face! i spit my beer and damn near hit the computer with my hound! so sorry for the rant but hey fuck my credit fuck my money when will this shit ever end!!!!

close width and destroy the enemy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-17-2012, 06:54 PM
JKO Addict!

That sucks man.

It's this sort of craziness that has me glad I do the auto-pay on my installment loans.

Hope it all works out for the best for you.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 Old 01-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Banned

This is the point where you enter the bank holding the note on your Jeeps and begin beating the manager about the head and shoulders with office furniture. You'd be surprised how far it gets you. It'll get you all they way into a jail cell, so you shouldn't really do this

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 01-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkuntz01 View Post
That sucks man.

It's this sort of craziness that has me glad I do the auto-pay on my installment loans.

Hope it all works out for the best for you.
X2 on the auto-pay.

POG MO THOIN
post #5 of 12 Old 01-18-2012, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Auto-pay is what im setting up, i also thought of the option of public beatings i dont want to end up CNN as another angry vet

close width and destroy the enemy
post #6 of 12 Old 01-18-2012, 06:52 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Shit, in the 'computer aga' you'd think that the dumbasses could keep things straight! Good luck man.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 12 Old 01-20-2012, 10:39 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKDailey4 View Post
X2 on the auto-pay.
I had auto-pay on my wife's car and my dodge before trading both of them in on our JK. Turned out to bite me in the ass. We have a separate account specifically for bills, set amount of money goes in and comes out every payday, with a little extra room. The Payoff's from the dealership didn't post prior to the auto pay dates. Our loan bank tries to take the money from our other bank, insufficient, returned check fee, bank tries to take the money for car number 2, insufficient, returned check fee, two days later car 1 and car 2 were attempted again, returned check fees x2 again, those fee's fuck the account all up, all the meanwhile other bills are trying to clear, you guessed it.. more fees. Spiraled out of control before we could even knew about it.

I know, our mistake, we were distracted with the new JK and assumed all was good with the other loans. It was a disaster to say the least. Both of my banks helped out with taking care of a couple of the fees, but I was still out a good chunk of change.

Be aware, it takes time to shut off auto pay in a trade in situation like I was in. IIRC two weeks notice prior to pay date was required to shut off the payment. Get it taken care of early. If it's not done in time, have the money in the account ready to be taken out, then you'll get a refund for the overpayment on the loan. Something to keep in mind, just thought I'd share.

2011 Green JK Rubicon Unlimited Purchased 10/18/2011
Previous Jeeps include a 99 TJ Rock Crawler, 74 CJ-5, 06 TJ Rubicon, and a 2001 TJ

post #8 of 12 Old 02-03-2012, 12:58 AM
Wheeler

Let me guess, you two bank with Wells Fargo Auto Finance?
post #9 of 12 Old 02-03-2012, 01:04 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexia View Post
Let me guess, you two bank with Wells Fargo Auto Finance?
Nope, I'd rather not say who, I'm not here to bash my bank. They were great helping me out at the end of the day. I was just giving a general words of caution about auto pay situations.

Strange first post though, lol, welcome to the forum!

Previous Jeeps include a 99 TJ Rock Crawler, 74 CJ-5, 06 TJ Rubicon, and a 2001 TJ

post #10 of 12 Old 02-03-2012, 01:09 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunneborgc View Post
Nope, I'd rather not say who, I'm not here to bash my bank. They were great helping me out at the end of the day. I was just giving a general words of caution about auto pay situations.

Strange first post though, lol, welcome to the forum!

Yeah, well... First post indeed! I am over on Pirate4x4 more actively.

Wells Fargo did a trick of deciding to charge an old account bank holding less than $100 four times in one day. I had not used this account for nearly two years. Their system decided to just start charging it! Their response? My problem, too bad. Also, "We can't stop automatic debits once they start."
post #11 of 12 Old 02-03-2012, 01:14 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexia View Post
Yeah, well... First post indeed! I am over on Pirate4x4 more actively.

Wells Fargo did a trick of deciding to charge an old account bank holding less than $100 four times in one day. I had not used this account for nearly two years. Their system decided to just start charging it! Their response? My problem, too bad. Also, "We can't stop automatic debits once they start."
That's shitty, a while back I had an auto loan with wells fargo and I really felt they were shady all the way through. Sent me a credit card even though I specifically said no when they were trying to sign me up for it multiple times during financing. I was pissed. Needless to say, I didn't keep my account with them for very long, moved to another bank. I never had intentions of doing business with them again anyway, but you've given me another reason to stay away!

post #12 of 12 Old 02-03-2012, 04:16 AM
Rock God

Garage

Stupid bank sees you're 20$ short on the account for a payment, so they charge you 42$ in fees for being short...

(Happened to me)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode