manual transmission what?? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 Old 12-07-2011, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

manual transmission what??

so i was taking my jeep into the dealership to check out something, and while it was on the lift i decided to check out their lot of 2012s.

out of their WHOLE jeep collection, used and new...
only 2 where manual out of about 15...

is jeep lowering their quantity of manual transmission??
2 dealerships ive been to have very few, if any.

2012 JK, 3.6L Pentastar, 4" Suspension Lift, 35" Kelly Safari TSR's, Raceline Raptors 17x9, Rampage Side Steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
Maybe they just corrected your ridiculous mistake. Who the fuck orders chrome anything?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 Old 12-07-2011, 08:11 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Dirty Laundry? LOL

Manuals don't sell as well. Especially when you consider the demographic that the JK has brought back to the Jeep market.

I'm going to swap an auto into my JK if that's any consolation.

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 46 Old 12-07-2011, 08:26 PM
JKO Addict!

I think you'd be interested by how many people can actually drive a manual.

Marcus, I may have to personally come down there and let the air out of your tires if you do that!

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 46 Old 12-07-2011, 09:43 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I love driving a manual, but its way easier for me in the rocks to deal with two pedals. I guess that makes me

Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon: Check my garage for details

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad
post #5 of 46 Old 12-07-2011, 10:15 PM

Im amazed why everyone wouldn't drive a manual. It's a jeep! I think were only going to teach our kids to drive a manual.
post #6 of 46 Old 12-07-2011, 10:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepsRforGirls View Post
Im amazed why everyone wouldn't drive a manual. It's a jeep! I think were only going to teach our kids to drive a manual.
Trying to manage break, gas, and clutch when off-camber is not an easy task.

ΣX

post #7 of 46 Old 12-07-2011, 10:22 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

I prefer an auto, what can I say? I'll probably look at some sort of motor swap when I do the transmission swap. My 3.8 still sounds like it ate a bucket of bolts so I'm just waiting on it to implode. LOL

I have bad knees from mx so the constant pressing of the clutch wears me out too.

Who wants a 6 speed?

Marcus

post #8 of 46 Old 12-07-2011, 10:23 PM

Touche'
post #9 of 46 Old 12-07-2011, 10:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
I prefer an auto, what can I say? I'll probably look at some sort of motor swap when I do the transmission swap. My 3.8 still sounds like it ate a bucket of bolts so I'm just waiting on it to implode. LOL

I have bad knees from mx so the constant pressing of the clutch wears me out too.

Who wants a 6 speed?

Marcus
What you need is one of them $1,000 services at your local dealer, they'll have that 3.8 sounding great in no time. Probably a carbon deposit

ΣX

post #10 of 46 Old 12-07-2011, 10:34 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc_fjizzle View Post
What you need is one of them $1,000 services at your local dealer, they'll have that 3.8 sounding great in no time. Probably a carbon deposit
LOL!! I'd be better off rolling it through the service building on fire.

post #11 of 46 Old 12-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Granite Guru

I went with the 6sp vers the 4sp auto because of the limited power my 2010 has after driving a 2012 with more power and a 5sp auto I would definetly go auto if I upgraded to a 12! I dont mind the 6sp but it does get old in LA traffic...
post #12 of 46 Old 12-07-2011, 10:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Who wants a 6 speed?

Marcus
i do!

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #13 of 46 Old 12-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Granite Guru

Manual all the way for me!

09 Sahara Unlimited
4.88 gears, 6 speed. 4 inch Teraflex with control arms
SB rock rails, stinger, tire carrier, and 10k winch, line x
35 Baja Claws, 17 XD Hoss wheels, backup cam, lights!
list goes on and on......
post #14 of 46 Old 12-07-2011, 10:46 PM
JKO Addict!

Ha no rubicrawler for you auto only!

Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites

Last edited by nootherride; 12-07-2011 at 10:48 PM.
post #15 of 46 Old 12-08-2011, 05:09 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to paramaniac

I never learned how to drive an automatic...

Even back in '07 when I bought mine, it was near impossible to find a manual. Had to place a build order.

post #16 of 46 Old 12-08-2011, 08:47 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramaniac View Post
I never learned how to drive an automatic...

post #17 of 46 Old 12-08-2011, 08:53 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

Who wants a 6 speed?

Marcus
They make drugs for that! Weakling!

| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

post #18 of 46 Old 12-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
I think you'd be interested by how many people can actually drive a manual.

Marcus, I may have to personally come down there and let the air out of your tires if you do that!
^^This.... You would be REALLY surprised at how few people know how to drive a stick shift. I was talking to my boss about it a couple weeks ago and he hit the nail on the head when he said " Driving a stick is a lost art". Me personally though, I wouldnt have it any other way. I love my manual and thats what i'll always have.

2008 Jeep JK Unlimited Rescue Green NSG370
RK 3.5 X Factor mid arm
37x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers
PSC BFH trail stinger
PSC narrow fenders

A lot more to come very soon!
post #19 of 46 Old 12-08-2011, 11:26 AM
JKO Addict!

with the throttle delay in the JK, from a driveability standpoint the auto drives so much better.

I've had both btw...

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #20 of 46 Old 12-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Wheeler

I drove both and thought the auto was pretty impressive but ordered the manual because to me it just seemed more fun to drive. Now I work from home and rarely spend time in traffic or rock crawling if that were not the case it would have been an auto.

Having said that finding a rubicon or sahara on the lot with nav and a stick is almost impossible.
post #21 of 46 Old 12-08-2011, 11:39 AM
JKO Addict!

Mine drives fine with a tuner.

Some people prefer autos, that's why they make em. But really if there is any part of you that doesn't want a manual, you'll be looking to get rid of it. If I had to commute in traffic, I'd be in an auto.

Sent via paper airplane

post #22 of 46 Old 12-08-2011, 11:47 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
If I had to commute in traffic, I'd be in an auto.

Sent via paper airplane
That's the problem here. You can't go across the street without sitting in traffic.

post #23 of 46 Old 12-08-2011, 11:50 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
That's the problem here. You can't go across the street without sitting in traffic.
Then I recommend moving! Didn't you just get a pick em up truck? Leave the JK as is!

Sent via paper airplane

post #24 of 46 Old 12-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Granite Guru

I love having a manual, wouldn't have it any other way. Add to that I'm usually in a dead crawl for an hour + every night stop and go on the way home from work..you should see my left calf muscle

07 X..3.5 Rock Krawler mid arm, teraflex steering stabilizer, JKS quick discos, smittibilt rocker guards, poison spyder BFH front and rear, XRC8 winch, 37" pitbull rockers on TWF's, CB, Rock lights, KC Stinger lights, Hella pillar lights, High Lift on hood, Cut flares, 3 amps, polk db front, Kicker type R rears, 1 12" P3, Viper throttle, Yukon 5.13's, Pure jeep truss/gussets, home brew switch panel/corner armor etc etc
post #25 of 46 Old 12-08-2011, 12:04 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Then I recommend moving! Didn't you just get a pick em up truck? Leave the JK as is!

Sent via paper airplane
I bought a GMC for her to drive. I've got the XJ for daily activities. I'll leave it as it is for now. It needs to be cut up so I quit thinking about driving it. LOL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode