PSC and Rock Krawler - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 72 Old 12-01-2011, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage
Poison Spyder Customs and Rock Krawler

I have to start this off by saying that this is no way a bad reflection on RCO... Marcus is a hell of a guy with great customer service and speedy communication and a hell of an attitude for helping his customers out.....

Now the fun part....

I originally ordered a BUNCH of stuff from Marcus. The list included rims, tires, exhaust, RK 3.5 x factor lift, RRD shocks, PSC front and rear bumper, Rico steps, winch, PSC winch mount, shackles, PSC backup lights, etc... The total of all this came to OVER $8k. The order went in and was paid in full on 11/10/11. I have everything sitting in my garage except for anything from PSC and RK. I question WHY!!!

Poison Spyder:
I have been told by Marcus that everything is sitting complete except for the rear bumper and tire carrier. Now, I might not be the brightest tool, but I do believe that they could have sent out a partial order and got the rico steps and front bumper out to me so I can start my build. They claim they have 15 units sitting and waiting for some part (unknown to what part it is) for welding onto the bumper. They claim they will ship 100% out on Friday. We'll see if that happens. I realize you have to build the components, but geez, we're looking at going on a month before I get my stuff. Unacceptable in a lot of consumers eyes...

Rock Krawler:
They originally gave a ship date that was 2 weeks after the order. All communication seemed to point that it would make the intended ship date and they came back stating they were waiting on break lines. Marcus requested that they ship everything out and break lines when they come in. They refused. I can see that it would be hard to keep up with what's shipped out and whatnot, but geez. OK, so I accept that it'll be a couple more days of waiting. On the day they come back and state that they have the break lines, they inform us that the RRD shocks won't be in for a month!!! A FUCKING MONTH!! Now, between everything, I'm livid. I'd have to wait a month. That's just sad.... Well Marcus suggests me going with the Fox shocks instead and I agree. I got a tracking for the RK stuff and the Fox shocks yesterday. Both should be here Tuesday, however an email dings to my box today. RK shipped out my lift without control arms!!! Unbelievable!!

Ok, so guys, seriously here... I understand delays and I understand you have to build stuff... But business wise, that's crazy! We get constantly misinformed of whats shipping when it ships, and what is left to come out. I sure hope this is a fluke and I'm just one customer who is getting a bad taste in their mouth. I can't speak for the quality of your products since I haven't seen anything off the big brown truck from you. So how bout you send me some of the stuff I paid for!!!

PS: I order all said stuff so that I could take a road trip up to Colorado to play in some snow. I leave on the 9th. You would think I could have had my stuff in before a month passes to go on a trip.... *guess not*
[end of rant]

Scott.

Last edited by sceia; 12-02-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 Old 12-01-2011, 05:42 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Sucks man. I have had the same thing happen with PSC. RK takes a while too from order, but that's crazy.

One thing I have learned is never order right before a big trip. Murphy's law.

River City Offroad
Metal Cloak
post #3 of 72 Old 12-01-2011, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMG006 View Post
Sucks man. I have had the same thing happen with PSC. RK takes a while too from order, but that's crazy.

One thing I have learned is never order right before a big trip. Murphy's law.
Yea, I hear ya... It would have worked out if I got everything when it was supposed to come in. I should have had a good couple weeks between install and trip, so things should have worked out. What sucks is I'm out my money with not one part from PSC and RK to show for it... Nothing but excuses. I'm very interested in what those guys have to say. If I would do business in my town like them, I would have been shut down by now...quality parts or not.

Scott.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 72 Old 12-01-2011, 05:59 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I think when you go through a 3rd party then they bill you up front, then they get billed when it ships. To not get charged like that you have to work through whoever the product is with

I never really cared, if I cancelled anything RCO would have refunded just as fast.

River City Offroad
Metal Cloak
post #5 of 72 Old 12-01-2011, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMG006 View Post
I think when you go through a 3rd party then they bill you up front, then they get billed when it ships. To not get charged like that you have to work through whoever the product is with

I never really cared, if I cancelled anything RCO would have refunded just as fast.
Yea, I can understand that... it's not really about the money or the possibility of a refund. I just want what I ordered and no more excuses...

Scott.
post #6 of 72 Old 12-01-2011, 06:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceia View Post
Yea, I can understand that... it's not really about the money or the possibility of a refund. I just want what I ordered and no more excuses...

Scott.
I feel for you, trust me. I lived this too.

River City Offroad
Metal Cloak
post #7 of 72 Old 12-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Granite Guru

It took my RK lift six weeks to arrive after I paid. Now that it's been installed for a while I can say that it was worth the wait.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2010 JK - Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel Kit - Fox 2.0 IFP Shocks - 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers - Genright Aluminum Tire Carrier - Poison Spyder Front and Rear BFH Bumpers - Warn M8000 - VKS Fab Sliders - Offroad Evolution Full Skids - Teraflex Sleeves - ARTEC Truss - EVO C Gussets - Synergy Bumpstops - JKS Control Arm Skids - Rigid 10" E-Series Light Bar and SRM Backup Lights - ARB Compressor w/ 5 Gallon Viair Tank - Offroad Evolution Half Doors
post #8 of 72 Old 12-01-2011, 06:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

^^^I think my RK stuff took about 4 week or so. It was worth it.

My PSC diff covers took like 3 months, Rocker Knockers about 4 weeks. The Rocker Knockers were worth it, the diff covers, probably not but I paid for them and wanted them and I eventually got them.

In demand stuff is hit or miss. Sometimes it comes sooner, sometimes later.

I know, the part that sucks is when you hear "it's going out tomorrow" and then it doesn't.

BTW, my PSC stuff was not ordered through a vendor on the site so no reflection on them whatsoever.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 72 Old 12-01-2011, 06:41 PM
VKS Fab

RK makes an awesome kit, there's no questioning that. When I built my JK I went thru the same thing. And that's why there's a Tera kit under my Jeep. Called in my order and had it the next day, it was good and in stock.

Handmade One At A Time
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GIVE US A CALL 559-392-3145
post #10 of 72 Old 12-01-2011, 06:57 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Took a little over a month for me to get my control arms from RK. They told me it would ship on Monday for a month. I just think it is one of those things that is to be expected when ordering Jeep parts from most with the exeption of few. It is very frustrating but I just plan for the worst and hope for the best.

The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.-Thomas Paine

See Garage for Mods
post #11 of 72 Old 12-01-2011, 06:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Vick View Post
RK makes an awesome kit, there's no questioning that. When I built my JK I went thru the same thing. And that's why there's a Tera kit under my Jeep. Called in my order and had it the next day, it was good and in stock.
X2 I have had good luck with Teraflex

The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.-Thomas Paine

See Garage for Mods
post #12 of 72 Old 12-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Granite Guru

Hey I'm in the same boat right now waiting for my RK lift going on 4 weeks but I keep telling myself good things come to those that wait? I understand your frustration and it's just something you are going to have to deal with like everyone else... I would rather have the latest greatest design then something that has been sitting on a shelf for awhile so for me it's worth the wait!

I was hoping to get the jeep done before Dec so I can spend the month at my property in Az and now the only thing holding me up is the lift.
post #13 of 72 Old 12-01-2011, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjammin View Post
Hey I'm in the same boat right now waiting for my RK lift going on 4 weeks but I keep telling myself good things come to those that wait? I understand your frustration and it's just something you are going to have to deal with like everyone else... I would rather have the latest greatest design then something that has been sitting on a shelf for awhile so for me it's worth the wait!

I was hoping to get the jeep done before Dec so I can spend the month at my property in Az and now the only thing holding me up is the lift.
Yea, I hear ya there man. It absolutely sucks having 5 rims and tires mounted and ready to go on as well as the winch for the PSC bumper. I know it's going to be worth it once it comes in.. whenever that day will come. It's just not good business to tell people one thing just to change it to something else day after day. If I tell you I'm shipping your complete lift, I expect the ENTIRE thing to ship...not just part. I was very pissed when I posted this and I'm a bit more calm now, but still not happy. I'm glad to see it's not me that has seen the bad side of RK and PSC... I have still yet to hear a direct response from them. I'm assuming they'll come in here with a new excuse that I haven't heard yet....

Scott.
post #14 of 72 Old 12-02-2011, 06:58 AM
Granite Guru

Hey I hear ya I have been staring at a set of adj Kings and TF speedbumps for over 2 weeks! and then I decided while I was waiting to spend the money on a 50" light bar and now it's on BO for 2 weeks

I guess the lesson learned is plan ahead and don't get your hopes up when they tell you one thing and delays happen thats just life I'm sure they are doing everything they can to fill orders and get the product out the door there small company's with excellent products and high demand I'm happy to wait because I know bitching about it ain't gonna make it any better!
post #15 of 72 Old 12-02-2011, 07:24 AM
JKowners Vendor

Scott

All I can do is apologize for the issue at this point in time and offer you a discount on something or do something for you in the future to which I will send you a PM.

I bear the responsibility for everything that happens here. I personally put too much effort into SEMA and was not paying attention to how the other managers here were doing their jobs or lack their of. The shock program is really paying the price for it. There is no excuse, the problem is mine to fix and I will fix it. My emphasis since I have been back from SEMA has been on our infrastructure. We have grown a tremendous amount in a very short period of time which is part of our problem, but not all of it. That is for sure. Getting people to understand their responsibilities and do their jobs is a very big part of it.

All of the above will be taken care of and straightened out here very shortly.

We are very thankful for the support we get on JKO and love the community. We do understand your complaints and rightfully so. There is nothing else I can say or do about it. Your complaint is 100% justified.

Jeremy
CEO Rock Krawler Suspension
post #16 of 72 Old 12-02-2011, 07:31 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
Scott

All I can do is apologize for the issue at this point in time and offer you a discount on something or do something for you in the future to which I will send you a PM.

I bear the responsibility for everything that happens here. I personally put too much effort into SEMA and was not paying attention to how the other managers here were doing their jobs or lack their of. The shock program is really paying the price for it. There is no excuse, the problem is mine to fix and I will fix it. My emphasis since I have been back from SEMA has been on our infrastructure. We have grown a tremendous amount in a very short period of time which is part of our problem, but not all of it. That is for sure. Getting people to understand their responsibilities and do their jobs is a very big part of it.

All of the above will be taken care of and straightened out here very shortly.

We are very thankful for the support we get on JKO and love the community. We do understand your complaints and rightfully so. There is nothing else I can say or do about it. Your complaint is 100% justified.

Jeremy
CEO Rock Krawler Suspension
Well Said
post #17 of 72 Old 12-02-2011, 08:32 AM
JKowners Vendor

Another gentleman just brought up a great point too. We are a manufacturer and not a warehouse. We do have a number of dealers stocking our products now that might be able to turn orders around for you guys better than we can. We realize we need to do a better job at turning around orders, but being a manufacturer, there will always be lead times associated with it since we are suppliing smaller dealers that drop ship as well as sending out bulk orders for dealers that are stocking the products.

To Marcus, we do apologize for the delay in the order turn around and it's effect on your reputation. We are working hard to make improvements so by the first of the year, we can hit the ground running, not tripping and falling.

Jeremy
post #18 of 72 Old 12-02-2011, 08:44 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
Another gentleman just brought up a great point too. We are a manufacturer and not a warehouse. We do have a number of dealers stocking our products now that might be able to turn orders around for you guys better than we can. We realize we need to do a better job at turning around orders, but being a manufacturer, there will always be lead times associated with it since we are suppliing smaller dealers that drop ship as well as sending out bulk orders for dealers that are stocking the products.

To Marcus, we do apologize for the delay in the order turn around and it's effect on your reputation. We are working hard to make improvements so by the first of the year, we can hit the ground running, not tripping and falling.

Jeremy
You don't owe me any apologies Jeremy. I told Scott basically the same thing you just said...this is partly my fault for not stocking the lifts.

I try to set expectations with delivery dates up front and sometimes I get a little excited to help someone out and end up over promising on something that's out of my control. I have always said under promise and over deliver but I've gotten that backwards a time or two.

We are working toward stocking product so that we can get our customers taken care of faster and plan to start doing this in early 2012. I think we'll see some welcome changes all around with the knowledge we've gained as a group in 2011.

I think this thread goes to show you that we are a pretty fortunate group. There's lots of people out there pissed off because they can't feed their families and we are mad about lead times on $2500 lift kits. LOL!

My apologies go out to Scott for over promising on something that was out of my control.

Marcus

post #19 of 72 Old 12-02-2011, 08:52 AM
Granite Guru

thats pretty stand up .. well done

Shawn
post #20 of 72 Old 12-02-2011, 08:55 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

This is the tradeoff when dealing with a smaller vendor. They can't be expected to tie up a bunch of money in stocking parts...if you have to have it right now order it from Quadratec, but good luck getting their help if you run into issues on the install or otherwise. Is the wait time worth the customer service and prices you get with a small vendor like Marcus? Absolutely, that's why I don't buy from anywhere else.

I say keep up the good work

Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon: Check my garage for details

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad
post #21 of 72 Old 12-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Rock God

Garage

Scott,

I like a lot of others cant wait to receive new goodies to bolt onto my Jeep and clearly you are no different.

The biggest problem we all face is that the popularity of our Jeeps have driven some of the manufacturers into a growth pattern that is very difficult to keep up with. The fact that business is good and is keeping them busy is good news for us as this means they will be able to continue making new and exciting parts for us to purchase. The companies you have mentioned both fall into this category. They have both grown faster than expected and are doing their best to keep up with the demand as well as continue thier R&D on new products.

As mentioned, sometimes you have to wait when ordering from a non-stocking dealer. Best advice here is to plan well in advance and anticipate possible delays. If you need something sooner, then seek help from a dealer that might have the parts in stock. There are plenty of dealers to choose from and although its great to be loyal to one, its not always feasible. Marcus is a great guy and he will bend over backwards to help but in this case, its out of his hands.

If RRD Shocks are what you're lacking, I may know of a dealer that can help. PM me if interested....

Bill

post #22 of 72 Old 12-02-2011, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Jeremy....

Thanks for the outstanding response. I'm glad you didn't take offense to the post and am glad you recognize a problem and are quick to take action. I realize you are going thru a lot of growing pains, and sometimes things fall between the cracks. I think a lot that posted on here can show you that the lead times need to get better. Everyone seems to be more than happy with the product but the wait times are what's the problem. I, like many on here, are fortunate to be able to afford nice toys in this terrible economy and like marcus said....get impatient waiting on a $2500 lift...lol. I look forward to getting the lift in and will post a review of the lift and will try to get a ton of pics for a nice write up for you. Thank you for a speedy response and I look forward to seeing this lift AND future purchases that I'm already starting to think about with yall!!

Marcus...
Thanks for jumping in here. You're an outstanding salesman and you deserve some kudos on this one. Thanks for staying on top of m order as you really do make it feel like I'm your only customer....and I know you have 30 people with tons of parts being shipped. Your customer service and prices far surpass anyone I've ever dealt with. Keep up the awesome work!! I'll be planning an Austin trip soon to buy you a beer...

Bill....
Thanks for the offer, but I canceled my RRD shock order and have some Fox shocks on the way. If I don't like the Fox's (which I don't think will happen)... I'll let you know.

Now.... If we can only hear from Poison Spyder Customs.
Scott.
post #23 of 72 Old 12-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceia View Post
Now.... If we can only hear from Poison Spyder Customs.
Scott.
All of your stuff shipped out today, as Marcus had told you it would.

Couple things I'd like to point out though. First of all, even though you paid River City Off-Road when you placed your order, we did not charge them until the parts shipped (today). So its not like we've been sitting on a beach drinking up your money while you've been waiting for your parts. We won't even have your money for a few more days. I wouldn't even make this point except that you made it a point to say that you had paid for your order up front, implying that we have been sitting on your money.

Second, the email we received from RCO with the purchase order for your items arrived here the morning of the 15th. Between that date and today, December 2, has been 11 working days. Yes that's a little longer than we would have liked it to be, and we apologize for that. But I just thought I'd put that into a little better perspective than to characterize it as "going on a month".

The RockBrawler Rear Bumpers have been very popular lately so there has been a running back-log on them, and that was made worse here recently due to a shortage of the machined spindle/bearing assemblies that we source from an outside machine shop. We finally received our shipment of them today so we were able to finish up a run of these bumpers, including yours, that have only been waiting for that item.

We will try to have better lead time estimates in the future so we can give our dealers like Marcus better information when they ask about an order status. We have made huge improvements in that department over the past half year, but we still have a hiccup here and there, like with these bumpers and the unforeseen spindle shortage.

Bottom line is that your stuff is on its way. We thank you for your purchase and apologize that it took longer than it should have.
post #24 of 72 Old 12-02-2011, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Dusty...

Thanks for your response, but you missed a couple details... Earlier in the week you told Marcus that you had 100% of the stuff ready minus the rear bumper missing a bearing... I took this as is was and that was fine, still longer than expected but ok...

What you just left out was that you mislead Marcus with that 100% statement... as I emailed him back and forth while he was on the phone with yall. He stated, that 100% means that everything is ready except for a the skid plate for the front bumper which would be another week to wait for, unless I wanted to opt for the "return that was powder coated and scratched from a customer"... This thread should show you that there's more than a hiccup every now and then. We (the customers) are just asking for correct lead times and honest communications. It puts a bad taste in our mouths before we get the parts.

I'm excited to see the stuff get unloaded from the big brown truck, thanks for actually getting my stuff out to me. If I were yall, I would try to make every effort to make the customer feel properly informed and pleased thru the order/wait/wait some more/getting pissed/finally get my parts process... I seem to not be the only one that feels this way. In my situation, you have several big pieces that could have shipped as you got them and just had the rear bumper waiting. Just stating yall could have done better... My 2 cents, take it or not...

Scott.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
All of your stuff shipped out today, as Marcus had told you it would.

Couple things I'd like to point out though. First of all, even though you paid River City Off-Road when you placed your order, we did not charge them until the parts shipped (today). So its not like we've been sitting on a beach drinking up your money while you've been waiting for your parts. We won't even have your money for a few more days. I wouldn't even make this point except that you made it a point to say that you had paid for your order up front, implying that we have been sitting on your money.

Second, the email we received from RCO with the purchase order for your items arrived here the morning of the 15th. Between that date and today, December 2, has been 11 working days. Yes that's a little longer than we would have liked it to be, and we apologize for that. But I just thought I'd put that into a little better perspective than to characterize it as "going on a month".

The RockBrawler Rear Bumpers have been very popular lately so there has been a running back-log on them, and that was made worse here recently due to a shortage of the machined spindle/bearing assemblies that we source from an outside machine shop. We finally received our shipment of them today so we were able to finish up a run of these bumpers, including yours, that have only been waiting for that item.

We will try to have better lead time estimates in the future so we can give our dealers like Marcus better information when they ask about an order status. We have made huge improvements in that department over the past half year, but we still have a hiccup here and there, like with these bumpers and the unforeseen spindle shortage.

Bottom line is that your stuff is on its way. We thank you for your purchase and apologize that it took longer than it should have.
post #25 of 72 Old 12-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Granite Guru

WOW I'm impressed RK with your response, makes me want to rip out my RE lift and order up one from you!

Nice job

Mikey

08 4 door Rubicon, RE 4.5" Long arm lift, Hutchinson Rock Monster Wheels and 37" M16's, Banks exhaust, AFE, Hypertech, Superior 5:13 gears, JE Reel 1350 drivshafts, Fabfour bumpers and rock slider, Tuffy, interior Line-Xed, Warn, Poly Performance, IPF, Lightforce, Hella fogs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode