How long would you wait for an undelivered item? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 11-29-2011, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

How long would you wait for an undelivered item?

First things first, the vendor isnt benchmark I'm talking about.

If you ordered let's say over $2k in merchandise and were charged upfront, how long after the initial time you were told to ship would you cut your losses and demand a refund / file c.c dispute?

Before anyone's panties get in a bunch, I fully understand shipping and production delays, just wanting everyone's general opinion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 11-29-2011, 09:35 AM
Rock God

Depends on where it is shipped from and tracking #.
Also what is the time limit to dispute with your cc company.
Did you make calls to vendor?
E-mail?
BS responses from vendor?
Vendor reputable?
How far from your location, can someone stop by and ask them face to face?

'09 4dr Rubi Detonator Yellow
35x12.5x17 BFG KM2s they SUCK!
Rugged Ridge XHD bumper Warn 9.5ti
3.5 Mid arm Rock Krawler
Finally 5.13s
post #3 of 16 Old 11-29-2011, 09:35 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

before the dispute timeframe runs out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDrinken View Post
Dirty Minion for life™.:the finger:
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
The fact that there is some Fag in you should be upsetting to say the least.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 11-29-2011, 09:43 AM
Banned

Question is too vague. Who is the perp and what is the product?
post #5 of 16 Old 11-29-2011, 10:12 AM
JKO Addict!

Step 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by owtdorz View Post
Depends on where it is shipped from and tracking #.
Also what is the time limit to dispute with your cc company.
Did you make calls to vendor?
E-mail?
BS responses from vendor?
Vendor reputable?
How far from your location, can someone stop by and ask them face to face?
Step 2. If you answered yes to all of the above questions, see below. If you answered no to any of them, return to Step 1 and start over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
Question is too vague. Who is the perp and what is the product?

AMP

AMP

'07 JKUR, Steel Blue, Spun Main Bearing Mod @ 46k miles
My new engine is a four letter word ..............
post #6 of 16 Old 11-29-2011, 10:17 AM
JKO Addict!

For starters, never allow any company to charge you upfront for something that is not shipping immediately.

If a company has done that or tries do that, kindly tell them if they want your money they will charge your credit card when they're shipping your order.

I've seen ALOT of posts where people get billed up front for stuff and the companies take weeks or even months to ship your order (LoD, Shrockworks, Benchmark to name a few off the top of my head).

My suggestion if you haven't done this already, get said vendor on the phone tell them they either ship the product now, refund your credit card until said product ships, or if they will not comply with either of those requests, file a dispute with your credit card company.

The few big purchases I made for my JK were bumpers and sliders from LoD. Now mind you, prior to ordering I'd heard the nightmares of people placing orders and getting charged up front only to wait for weeks or months for Chris to get the stuff built and shipped. In my case I called him on the phone, placed my order and made sure to stipulate I wasn't getting charged until the order shipped. For me, it worked out reasonably fine, save for some issues unrelated to billing.

Good luck and hope everything works out for you.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 16 Old 11-29-2011, 10:36 AM
Rock God

depends...I've been waiting on rugged ridge to release that damn snorkle for years now

Justin
2009 Sahara Unlimited-The Saharacon
Just hanging out in the land of the banned
post #8 of 16 Old 11-29-2011, 11:13 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Are they regular parts or custom? I had to wait on some River Raider stuff, but that was because it was built to my specs.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #9 of 16 Old 11-29-2011, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quoted time to build was 1.5-2 weeks plus shipping. I'm entering week 6. Every time I've called it's been a different excuse and that it will be going out tomorrow or the next day.

Again I understand stuff happens, but the way it's going I can't help but feel I'm given the runaround with the different excuses each time.
post #10 of 16 Old 11-29-2011, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomas View Post
Quoted time to build was 1.5-2 weeks plus shipping. I'm entering week 6. Every time I've called it's been a different excuse and that it will be going out tomorrow or the next day.

Again I understand stuff happens, but the way it's going I can't help but feel I'm given the runaround with the different excuses each time.
Many threads about this. Benchmark is no longer a Yellow Star Vendor for JKO.. for good reason.

The longest you should wait is at most a week before your time frame expires with your CC company to charge back.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #11 of 16 Old 11-29-2011, 12:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Might as well let us know who it is, we mayactually be able to help without any drama.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #12 of 16 Old 11-29-2011, 12:21 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkuntz01 View Post
For starters, never allow any company to charge you upfront for something that is not shipping immediately.
Some people actually prefer to be charged upfront on a 6 week wait. We sell a lot of Gobi racks, some folks like to pay up front, others like to pay closer to the ship date, and others like to split pay half and half. It really all depends on the deal and expectations you make with the vendor and making sure everyone is happy with it.

On a custom rack, special color etc. we would want the money upfront, it's kinda hard to sell a bright yellow Gobi rack if the customer backs out

Alec Wallis, Owner |
| 303-918-6167

|
| 888-521-0170
post #13 of 16 Old 11-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomas View Post

Normally I don't allow a vendor to charge my account until a product is ready to ship. I made an exception with ORH for my soft top, because I know how fucked-up Tim is and how nice the top is, and even though he promised 2 weeks I knew that 2 months would be the minimum. Still, Tim didn't charge my credit card until he was actually shipping my top. Which was good because it took just over 3 months for him to ship.

In your case I'd be screaming. The question is how bad you want the merchandise and can you get just as good someplace else. I'd ask the vendor to refund my payment and then charge me again when he's actually ready to ship. If he doesn't agree, then call your credit card issuer and notify them of the problem.

I'm a JKO Reject
post #14 of 16 Old 11-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAD Offroad View Post

On a custom rack, special color etc. we would want the money upfront, it's kinda hard to sell a bright yellow Gobi rack if the customer backs out
This. If it is a custom order I can understand the vendor wanting payment up front or at least a deposit.

Dwayn
post #15 of 16 Old 12-12-2011, 06:38 AM
Wheeler

I would wait as long as it takes if I really wanted the item as long as the company sticks to their quoted lead times. I ordered from hanson a body mount tire carrier. After 3 different scheduled ship dates elapsed I emailed them and said I would require a tracking number that day or I would be cancelling my order. I never heard back from them so I cancelled my order and ordered a OR-Fab carrier instead. If they told me 2 months right out of the gate and stuck to their word I would have waited. Getting strung along is not something I am receptive to.
post #16 of 16 Old 12-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpInTheRoad View Post
Normally I don't allow a vendor to charge my account until a product is ready to ship. I made an exception with ORH for my soft top, because I know how fucked-up Tim is and how nice the top is, and even though he promised 2 weeks I knew that 2 months would be the minimum. Still, Tim didn't charge my credit card until he was actually shipping my top. Which was good because it took just over 3 months for him to ship.
...x2

Tom

2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
ORH soft top, Procomp 7069's,Poly Performance leveling spacers
Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, PSC Evap Skid, CB, Hi-Lift

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode