F-You Chrysler/ Jeep in ft Collins co. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 11-28-2011, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Angry F-You Chrysler/ Jeep in ft Collins co.

So, first is first, my soft top is stretched again, and for no reason. Call to see if they can do any thing about it.... Nothing, ok no big deal. So I ask about an engine clatter update and the guy seemed baffeled. Said there was no notes except when they replaced the cam and lifters.... That's why they replaced them you moron. So after that he said my jeep is the only jeep of millions making the engine clatter noise... So I proceeded to tell him to google "jeep Jk engine clatter". He came up with more bs and reiterated that I was the only one he has seen with this problem and doesn't see further notes of it still making the noise. So they fucked me..... They didn't write any of the notes they said they did and Fucking lied to me....but ha... I still have every single bit of paper work.... Any ideas of what I should and could do?

Neve go to that rat fuck of a dealer.... Ever!!! It's off of College north of harmony

Rescue Green 2008 Sahara Unlimited; RK 3.5 max travel; 37" Toyo Mt; PSC Brawler lite front bumper; PSC rock brawler rear w/ tire carrier; OR-Fab rock guards; Aev hood

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 11-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Rock God

Garage

? Did you seriously take your jeep to the dealership because while in your custody the soft top scratched?
post #3 of 26 Old 11-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
? Did you seriously take your jeep to the dealership because while in your custody the soft top scratched?
Read again...his top is STRETCHED and not scratched.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 Old 11-28-2011, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted View Post
Yes, thank you. It is stretched to the point where it's almost halfway off and won't seat back in.

Rescue Green 2008 Sahara Unlimited; RK 3.5 max travel; 37" Toyo Mt; PSC Brawler lite front bumper; PSC rock brawler rear w/ tire carrier; OR-Fab rock guards; Aev hood

post #5 of 26 Old 11-28-2011, 11:37 PM
j5
Granite Guru

Garage

Could you contact chrysler and tell them your issues aren't being taken care of at the dealer level?
post #6 of 26 Old 11-28-2011, 11:49 PM
Rock God

PM sent about soft top. Hope that helps bro.
post #7 of 26 Old 11-28-2011, 11:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

Could you post pics? I'm not following what's actually happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
post #8 of 26 Old 11-29-2011, 05:06 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWalker View Post
x2
Pics might be useful in determining what the problem is.

AMP

AMP

'07 JKUR, Steel Blue, Spun Main Bearing Mod @ 46k miles
My new engine is a four letter word ..............
post #9 of 26 Old 11-29-2011, 05:20 AM
Rock God

Garage

I'n not implying this is what happened, but this is what happened to my old soft top: When I put up the top one time, the strap that connects the bows between the b and c pillars on the drivers side got wrapped around the b pillar. I didn't realize it, the top was a little difficult to put up that time. The next time I put the top down/up the strapped was stretched and no longer fit properly.

could this have been your issue? Have you tried adjusting the strap locations to tighten it up?

Joe -
-
-
-
post #10 of 26 Old 11-29-2011, 05:33 AM
JKO Addict!

Call Chrysler let them know about what's going on with your motor and what the dealer is doing to you. I know people that had success with the factory when the dealer shot down there clame.

Official sponsor of the Jersey
Crew

"Wasn't Me I was in Sweetwater"
post #11 of 26 Old 11-29-2011, 05:49 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by j5 View Post
Could you contact chrysler and tell them your issues aren't being taken care of at the dealer level?
Did that, explain below
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWalker View Post
I'll try and get a pic this weekend. My iPhone doesn't upload pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsub View Post
Call Chrysler let them know about what's going on with your motor and what the dealer is doing to you. I know people that had success with the factory when the dealer shot down there clame.
I called chrystler and they said "well, you seem to be the only one with engine clatter" and also, " since your top was warrantied, you would have to pay for a new top".... Not to happy with chrystler

post #12 of 26 Old 11-29-2011, 06:25 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Chrysler

Is your clatter just at startup? What oil and filter are you using, do any of the known good filter options make any difference at all? Also I'm not sure I understand why they would need to see notes of it making noise, can they not hear it?

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #13 of 26 Old 11-29-2011, 07:12 AM
Rock God

Chrysler Customer Service is an outside contract company that is just a go between. Go to another dealer and be nice. If nothing is done at that time ask the servoce manager if you, him and the area rep can meet sometime to discuss the matter.
Remember: BE NICE

'09 4dr Rubi Detonator Yellow
35x12.5x17 BFG KM2s they SUCK!
Rugged Ridge XHD bumper Warn 9.5ti
3.5 Mid arm Rock Krawler
Finally 5.13s
post #14 of 26 Old 11-29-2011, 02:56 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted View Post

Oh sorry MY mistake, still doesn't make sense to me Did the dealership do something to make this happen?
Soft tops stretch and scratch it is a major drawback...
post #15 of 26 Old 11-29-2011, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
Chrysler

Is your clatter just at startup? What oil and filter are you using, do any of the known good filter options make any difference at all? Also I'm not sure I understand why they would need to see notes of it making noise, can they not hear it?
Yeah at start up but I know the general things to make it stop. I was seeing if Chrysler had any update on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Oh sorry MY mistake, still doesn't make sense to me Did the dealership do something to make this happen?
Soft tops stretch and scratch it is a major drawback...
The dealer replaced my top once because the back sails( between rear window) got stretched and wouldn't stay seated in the channel. Now the new top is doing the same. If some one would help, I will send a pic and some one could upload it for me.

post #16 of 26 Old 11-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Banned

Pretty sure the top is a 3/36, and if you have an 08, they will likely tell you to go stick it. Plus didn't you have an ORH fastback SUT top? Maybe something happened while it was sitting around in storage. It is the original soft top they replaced right?
post #17 of 26 Old 11-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Rock God

If you have the windows out they WILL come out. It's the nature of the beast.
Sorry

'09 4dr Rubi Detonator Yellow
35x12.5x17 BFG KM2s they SUCK!
Rugged Ridge XHD bumper Warn 9.5ti
3.5 Mid arm Rock Krawler
Finally 5.13s
post #18 of 26 Old 11-29-2011, 06:36 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by owtdorz View Post
Sorry
I concur.

I have had 3 different soft tops and they all came loose when all the rear windows were out. I thought my tub shrunk. :rimshot:
post #19 of 26 Old 11-29-2011, 07:35 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Sorry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectah View Post
I concur.

I have had 3 different soft tops and they all came loose when all the rear windows were out. I thought my tub shrunk. :rimshot:
mine don't... picked up my 08 in Oct. 07, windows are out for the majority of the late fall and early spring and I run door/windowless in the height of summer. Like I said earlier, the only time I ever had an issue with my old top was when one of the straps got wrapped around the rear bow... it caused that strap to stretch.

Simple solution would be to pop the rivets that hold the straps to the bow and shorten the strap a hair, re-rivet. Should tighten it right up, just make sure you do both or it will cockeye your top

Joe -
-
-
-
post #20 of 26 Old 11-29-2011, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
Pretty sure the top is a 3/36, and if you have an 08, they will likely tell you to go stick it. Plus didn't you have an ORH fastback SUT top? Maybe something happened while it was sitting around in storage. It is the original soft top they replaced right?
Yes, had one. This one I have now is the warrantied soft top after the first one stretched.

Quote:
Sorry
Windows are in

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaverse View Post
mine don't... picked up my 08 in Oct. 07, windows are out for the majority of the late fall and early spring and I run door/windowless in the height of summer. Like I said earlier, the only time I ever had an issue with my old top was when one of the straps got wrapped around the rear bow... it caused that strap to stretch.

Simple solution would be to pop the rivets that hold the straps to the bow and shorten the strap a hair, re-rivet. Should tighten it right up, just make sure you do both or it will cockeye your top
Thanks for the idea but I really don't wanna mess with it that much. I will probably just buy another top or just deal with it.

post #21 of 26 Old 12-01-2011, 11:42 AM
JKO Addict!

Hmmm...I run around windowless a lot, and never had my sail panels dislodge. Even at highway speeds for hours. On the other hand, many dealers do suck, and badly. And if anyone is looking for a frustration-free ownership experience, a Jeep Wrangler is the LAST vehicle you want to buy.

I agree with going to a different dealer and being reasonable. There is a solid chance they will suck too - my local dealer is full of straight-up lazy-ass liars - but you may end up pleasantly surprised.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
post #22 of 26 Old 12-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Granite Guru

If you want to help toss that bumper on sometime I will help post some photos and heck even some video if you want lol.

I haven't had any issues with my top but I have a two door. I haven't had the top off yet, but I have had the sunrider part open quite a bit. Aside from there being a little more noise I don't think there are any issues.
post #23 of 26 Old 12-01-2011, 06:04 PM
TJT
Rock God

I would back off of them and just take your business elsewhere.

Careful what bridges you burn, the dealer community is a very small circle and you may be labeled as a difficult person to deal with. They see your post and you may get the axe from all the dealers you visit.

For example, I know a complete ass who was denied further warranty claims on his Jeep LJ a couple years ago for being a clown/know-it-all/shithead to everyone in the dealership. The dealer reported his mods and vehicle condition. Your first post is mild compared to his rants on the showroom and service drive on a continuous basis. Once the door shuts you're screwed.

The soft top issue sounds like a do-it-yourself project. Shorten the straps and re-rivet them. Its a tedious project, but done right it will be better than new.

Handle it with class and work to find a solution.
post #24 of 26 Old 12-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Wheeler

I have a soft top off my 08 that was used for only 3 months.......let me know if you are interested.

2008 Wrangler Unlimited X
post #25 of 26 Old 12-06-2011, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3ozman View Post
I have a soft top off my 08 that was used for only 3 months.......let me know if you are interested.
Thanks but no thanks. I was trying to see if they could see why its keeps stretching and hopefully replace it since its been less than a year.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode