WTF Teraflex??? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 Old 11-20-2011, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!
 
oz97tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,738
Feedback: 4 reviews
WTF Teraflex???

I purchased some exhaust spacers. They are cheap over priced pieces of flares exhaust tube from a muffler shop. They get the job done, but are way over priced, but I paid for them so I didn't have to explain to a muffler shop what I wanted.

Now, I see on your website, you have an image of this part that is machined pieces. WTF? Did I get ripped off or what? Unless you're false advertising by showing an image nothing like what you are actually selling, I got ripped off.

So, what is it? Are you showing an image of something completely different to make them look better, or did you sell me the cheap over priced parts for the cost of the nice parts? I haven't installed them yet, so how about we swap for those nice ones?

Support the sport. GLFWDA.org
oz97tj is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 40 Old 11-20-2011, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!
 
oz97tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,738
Feedback: 4 reviews

The video on your website even shows the flared tubes that I got at about the 2.35 mark. They are nothing like the photo.

Support the sport. GLFWDA.org
oz97tj is offline  
post #3 of 40 Old 11-20-2011, 06:49 PM
JKO Addict!
 
nlgrav182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,401
Feedback: 2 reviews

Have you tried emailing or PMing Teraflex yet? If you haven't, I'd HGTD this and go that way. You got the part you ordered, it just didn't look like the image, which happens sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
nlgrav182 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 40 Old 11-20-2011, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!
 
oz97tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,738
Feedback: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
Have you tried emailing or PMing Teraflex yet? If you haven't, I'd HGTD this and go that way. You got the part you ordered, it just didn't look like the image, which happens sometimes.
I just found out and I did contact my dealer who sold me the part.

It's not so much about it not looking exactly the same. It's about it being a completely different part that serves the same purpose. Do I have a legit bitch? I think so. Would Teraflex be obligated to refund me or replace the part? Absolutely not, because I saw the video before I ordered and saw what I was getting.

Honestly, I like Teraflex and this isn't so much a bitch at them thread as a WTF thread and to bust their balls. The spacers I got were a temp fix in my opinion. Especially after recieving them and seeing they are cheap ass aluminized tubing that will likely rust away long before the rest of my exhaust. After seeing the machined parts, I would consider those a great cheaper permanent fix as they should last forever. I can only assume I recieved a pre-production part and the machined ones are the real parts which would justify the price tag. This just makes me wonder why they sold me the part they did though. I'd also love if they did swap them out for me so I would never have to worry about them in the future.

Support the sport. GLFWDA.org
oz97tj is offline  
post #5 of 40 Old 11-21-2011, 01:16 AM
Granite Guru
 
ibjammin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Socal scv
Age: 55
Posts: 244
Feedback: 0 reviews

Well the part on there page was probably a pre production part out of what looks like stainless tubing it is not machined! using straight tubing in the ball socket flange has its problems if it gets over tightened it will tend to crease on one end or split on the other end of the tube insert and fail... there is also the problem with less surface area to seal! You can see in the video the spacers are totally different and are reduced on one end and expanded on the other to fit and seal properly and there made out of muffler tubing how much more of a difference is there in the spacers you received? A pic would be nice to see what you are mad about?

As far as the price goes stop by your local muffler shop and see how much they will charge to make some spacers and get the right hardware? bet it's more the 60 bucks?

Last edited by ibjammin; 11-21-2011 at 01:27 AM.
ibjammin is offline  
post #6 of 40 Old 11-21-2011, 05:30 AM
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, Ga.
Age: 48
Posts: 340
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
I purchased some exhaust spacers. They are cheap over priced pieces of flares exhaust tube from a muffler shop. They get the job done, but are way over priced, but I paid for them so I didn't have to explain to a muffler shop what I wanted.

Now, I see on your website, you have an image of this part that is machined pieces. WTF? Did I get ripped off or what? Unless you're false advertising by showing an image nothing like what you are actually selling, I got ripped off.

So, what is it? Are you showing an image of something completely different to make them look better, or did you sell me the cheap over priced parts for the cost of the nice parts? I haven't installed them yet, so how about we swap for those nice ones?
I would recommend contacting tflex to find out more info on what you are talking about before posting a WTF thread, just say'n, I've not heard to much bad stuff about them and I'm sure it can be resolved, if not then post your WTF thread.

JK Neal
beerdraft is offline  
post #7 of 40 Old 11-21-2011, 06:03 AM
Rock God
 
peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bellevue, NE
Posts: 1,669
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Send them back and get the Y-pipe from AFE.
peanut is offline  
post #8 of 40 Old 11-21-2011, 07:23 AM
JKO Addict!
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 3,204
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
Honestly, I like Teraflex and this isn't so much a bitch at them thread as a WTF thread and to bust their balls.
Really?

So....you called your "dealer" but didn't give TF the benefit of having spoken to them before posting your bloody tampon here. Just go ahead and call out the people who have no idea what's going on.....'cause that's always the best answer.

Stop being a cunt, call TF (not your dealer), and ask a simple question, for fuck's sake.

Dirty's Minions don't officially exist. They are a myth, a bedtime story, a whispered rumor. They are ghosts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chris Hansen is offline  
post #9 of 40 Old 11-21-2011, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator
 
StubEXrube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 15,341
Garage
Feedback: 5 reviews

Moving this to DL.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
StubEXrube is offline  
post #10 of 40 Old 11-21-2011, 09:08 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Locked in a basement
Posts: 16,621
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
I just found out and I did contact my dealer who sold me the part. So you STILL haven't contacted TF to ask them what's going on. Classy

It's not so much about it not looking exactly the same. It's about it being a completely different part that serves the same purpose. Do I have a legit bitch? I think so. Maybe, but it's hard to see through the haboob of vagina sand you're cranking out here Would Teraflex be obligated to refund me or replace the part? No. Caveat emptor. Do some fucking research before whining like a little cuntAbsolutely not, because I saw the video before I ordered and saw what I was getting. You're even answering your own questions now. Seriously, WTF mate?

Honestly, I like Teraflex and this isn't so much a bitch at them thread as a WTF thread and to bust their balls. This is why I think you're a douchebag The spacers I got were a temp fix in my opinion. Especially after recieving them and seeing they are cheap ass aluminized tubing that will likely rust away long before the rest of my exhaust. After seeing the machined parts, I would consider those a great cheaper permanent fix as they should last forever. I can only assume I recieved a pre-production part and the machined ones are the real parts which would justify the price tag. You sure do a shitload of assuming, don't you? This just makes me wonder why they sold me the part they did though. Maybe they heard what a fucking douche you are and decided to preemptively fuck with you. Or maybe you didn't research your purchase very well. Ya know, either or... I'd also love if they did swap them out for me so I would never have to worry about them in the future. If I'm a TF rep and am reading this, I would immediately find a way to ship you a cockpunch.
Good luck with all that, you bottom feeding nitwit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Moving this to DL.
Good call.



Dancin Dan is offline  
post #11 of 40 Old 11-21-2011, 09:11 AM
JKO Addict!
 
2k2wranglerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, pa
Age: 38
Posts: 10,263
Feedback: 4 reviews

so he felt like bitching that the product recieved doesn't look like the one pictured...

what's the problem here?

31 jeeps in... still have issues
2k2wranglerx is offline  
post #12 of 40 Old 11-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Locked in a basement
Posts: 16,621
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
so he felt like bitching that the product recieved doesn't look like the one pictured...

what's the problem here?
I just think he's jumping the gun and being a whiny cunt about it here rather than getting on the horn with TF and asking them if there's a reason for the difference. For all we know it was a shipping error.

I call em like I see em.



Dancin Dan is offline  
post #13 of 40 Old 11-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Rock God
 
dayton1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,623
Feedback: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Really?

So....you called your "dealer" but didn't give TF the benefit of having spoken to them before posting your bloody tampon here. Just go ahead and call out the people who have no idea what's going on.....'cause that's always the best answer.

Stop being a cunt, call TF (not your dealer), and ask a simple question, for fuck's sake.
well said

Dirty Minion #6
dayton1999 is offline  
post #14 of 40 Old 11-21-2011, 09:29 AM
JKO Addict!
 
Dr.Dirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hesperia Ca
Posts: 8,652
Garage
Feedback: 21 reviews

Really this is over some exhaust extensions?
Dr.Dirty is offline  
post #15 of 40 Old 11-21-2011, 09:29 AM
JKowners Vendor
 
TeraFlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,273
Feedback: 0 reviews

Well it seems that someone at TeraFlex uploaded the pic of the new exhaust spacers on our website that will be out in 5-6 weeks. Sorry that should not of been posted on the website, I will get a current pic uploaded today.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

801-713-3314
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TeraFlex is offline  
post #16 of 40 Old 11-21-2011, 09:30 AM
JKO Addict!
 
Dr.Dirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hesperia Ca
Posts: 8,652
Garage
Feedback: 21 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeraFlex View Post
Well it seems that someone posted the pic of the new exhaust spacers on our website that will be out in 5-6 weeks. Sorry that should not of been posted on the website, I will get a current pic uploaded today.
That was me... Sorry guys ill go pull that pic i was just trying to help another guy out....


*** the pic i posted has been remover ***
Dr.Dirty is offline  
post #17 of 40 Old 11-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Rock God
 
TheBlackSheep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Licking County, OH
Age: 39
Posts: 729
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
I just think he's jumping the gun and being a whiny cunt about it here rather than getting on the horn with TF and asking them if there's a reason for the difference. For all we know it was a shipping error.

I call em like I see em.
yep, I would agree that calling the company before posting a public rant would be good. but the flaming is getting out of hand. it isnt necessary to call names and profanely trash-talk everything you dont agree with... there is a lot of that around here lately and its getting old.

O||||O
TheBlackSheep is offline  
post #18 of 40 Old 11-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pensacola, FL
Age: 42
Posts: 5,606
Feedback: 3 reviews

I had a nut fall off my tera quick discos. I called them up, they answered the phone on the second ring, and promptly answered my question of what size nut and thread count I needed to get to replace it.

Funny how that phone works. Maybe if you call them, they can help you as opposed to starting a bullshit thread that is going to go down hill quickly. You must be one of those guys who wants free shit.
jkristie44 is offline  
post #19 of 40 Old 11-21-2011, 09:34 AM
JKO Addict!
 
Dr.Dirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hesperia Ca
Posts: 8,652
Garage
Feedback: 21 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackSheep View Post
yep, I would agree that calling the company before posting a public rant would be good. but the flaming is getting out of hand. it isnt necessary to call names and profanely trash-talk everything you dont agree with... there is a lot of that around here lately and its getting old.
do you need your own thread to feel better
Dr.Dirty is offline  
post #20 of 40 Old 11-21-2011, 09:38 AM
Rock God
 
TheBlackSheep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Licking County, OH
Age: 39
Posts: 729
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
do you need your own thread to feel better
i just noticed earlier that too many threads seem to be bashing someone on the forum or turn into some sort of profane tirade.. maybe my pussy hurts today idk

O||||O
TheBlackSheep is offline  
post #21 of 40 Old 11-21-2011, 09:44 AM
JKowners Vendor
 
TeraFlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,273
Feedback: 0 reviews

Honestly I can understand why someone would be upset at TeraFlex on this. Only a current image should of been uploaded onto our website and not one of the upcoming machined exhaust spacers.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

801-713-3314
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TeraFlex is offline  
post #22 of 40 Old 11-21-2011, 09:46 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pensacola, FL
Age: 42
Posts: 5,606
Feedback: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackSheep View Post
i just noticed earlier that too many threads seem to be bashing someone on the forum or turn into some sort of profane tirade.. maybe my pussy hurts today idk

Problem is, nobody knows how to use a phone anymore. BEFORE posting this shit. If dude called teraflex and they told him to eat it, I could see posting it, but that would NEVER happen. Tera is too stand up for that.

Just lazy, grumpy, or looking for free shit. Maybe all of them.
jkristie44 is offline  
post #23 of 40 Old 11-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Rock God
 
peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bellevue, NE
Posts: 1,669
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

I say post up so the rest of us know what the hell you got. Personally I want to know what people think about products they get. Piss poor quality is something I like to know about and I am sure many others want to know the same thing.
I don't understand why so many of you take it personally when someone thinks they got a POS and they talk about it. Stop being so sensitive.
peanut is offline  
post #24 of 40 Old 11-21-2011, 10:00 AM
JKO Addict!
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 3,204
Feedback: 0 reviews

It's not about being sensitive or even getting the word out, it's about at least TRYING to get your issue resolved before posting a rant and messing with a company's reputation. If a product is a turd, then yeah...everyone deserves to know it's a turd.

This idiot got a fine product through a vendor, saw a pic of what we now know is an upcoming product, decided to bypass any and all rational actions of contacting the mfgr, asking a simple question, and getting some resolution....and just decided to come on here and bitch.

People defend companies like Tera and Poly because they make a ton of good shit, but are easy targets for people like this, who obviously don't know how to pick up a phone. This issue, once again, HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH QUALITY.

Dirty's Minions don't officially exist. They are a myth, a bedtime story, a whispered rumor. They are ghosts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chris Hansen is offline  
post #25 of 40 Old 11-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Rock God
 
peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bellevue, NE
Posts: 1,669
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
It's not about being sensitive or even getting the word out, it's about at least TRYING to get your issue resolved before posting a rant and messing with a company's reputation. If a product is a turd, then yeah...everyone deserves to know it's a turd.

This idiot got a fine product through a vendor, saw a pic of what we now know is an upcoming product, decided to bypass any and all rational actions of contacting the mfgr, asking a simple question, and getting some resolution....and just decided to come on here and bitch.

People defend companies like Tera and Poly because they make a ton of good shit, but are easy targets for people like this, who obviously don't know how to pick up a phone. This issue, once again, HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH QUALITY.
Didn't sound like a fine quality product... Picking up the phone doesn't change the fact that he got what he got. Yes, we now know a newer product will be out soon but still doesn't change what he got for his money. He got a POS for his money bottom line. It was the product that has been going out and probably still going out until the new one goes into production. Sounds like a POS to me...
peanut is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome