2011 nightmare - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 11-16-2011, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
kev

2011 nightmare

bought 2011 sahara unlimited leaks water inside its been in and out of three dealerships for 8 months. had water in tail lamps and fog lights steering shaft replaced what a joke 35 trips in to the shop wish canada had a lemon law
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 11-16-2011, 08:28 AM
Rock God

step 1: pull carpet

step 2: pull drain plugs

step 3:enjoy.

Justin
2009 Sahara Unlimited-The Saharacon
Just hanging out in the land of the banned
post #3 of 31 Old 11-16-2011, 08:34 AM
JKO Addict!

You mean they aren't supposed to leak water? Shit!

Sorry but it's time to be self sufficient and realize your 2011 vehicle will have quirks. It's a sorry standard, but the standard for a Wrangler is far below what most expect out of a new vehicle. The standard requires to deal with bullshit in exhange for off-roadability that has no comparison.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 11-16-2011, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
kev

ONLY if you invite it in
post #5 of 31 Old 11-16-2011, 09:08 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
You mean they aren't supposed to leak water? Shit!

Sorry but it's time to be self sufficient and realize your 2011 vehicle will have quirks......
quirks yeah but...

Mine doesn't leak and has never had water in the tail lights or fog lamps. The right side marker does fills with water and I wick it out periodically.

EDIT: And grease needle to the intermediate shaft boot fixed the steering clunk.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.

Last edited by gold knight; 11-16-2011 at 09:29 AM.
post #6 of 31 Old 11-16-2011, 09:18 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev View Post
bought 2011 sahara unlimited leaks water inside its been in and out of three dealerships for 8 months. had water in tail lamps and fog lights steering shaft replaced what a joke 35 trips in to the shop wish canada had a lemon law
When I first got mine it took a good six months of dealer hell before I got everything sorted out, but it's been mostly trouble-free since. Do you have a hard top or soft top?

2009 X 2-door 6-speed
budget boost, bilsteins, discos, 35's, 4.88's, and more issues than TV Guide
post #7 of 31 Old 11-16-2011, 09:40 AM
Rock God

Garage

water in the lights certainly is odd... unless they started adding blinker fluid to the 2011's.

Joe -
-
-
-
post #8 of 31 Old 11-16-2011, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
kev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriveoverstuff View Post
When I first got mine it took a good six months of dealer hell before I got everything sorted out, but it's been mostly trouble-free since. Do you have a hard top or soft top?
duel tops
post #9 of 31 Old 11-16-2011, 08:20 PM
Rock God

Garage

to the death? or to the pain?

i kid.

Which of the tops leak? or is it both and if so, from where? This group has a very large knowledge base and can help you solve your own problem but we need more information then "My top leaks"... specifics, man.

Common for the soft top is the A pillar corners, I believe there is a thread on here for fixing that with some weather stripping from the hardware store. There is also a TSB where they put some sticky foam and black goo up there.

If its the hard top, I know there are several fixes or potential solutions on here, most deal with making sure your stripping is in good shape and clean and that you are properly seating the panels.

Do some searching, fix your problems, tell the dealer to screw off.... and if you search, do a site search from google:

In the search bar on google type: jkowners.com: your search term

You'll get much better results then using the built in search

Joe -
-
-
-
post #10 of 31 Old 11-16-2011, 09:37 PM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

I would never support buying a brand new vehicle in this day and age and having to deal with some of the issues that face the wrangler line....but since i bought used i really dont care !!

and i can honestky say that my JK with a soft top and full doors.. does not leak at all....and is quieter than all of my previous jeeps with hard or soft tops...

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #11 of 31 Old 11-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Welcome to JKO.
post #12 of 31 Old 11-17-2011, 01:15 AM
Rock God

My 07 has never leaked one drop. I must be lucky!

07 JKU, To see my mods & Jeep in Action @

CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s

Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.
post #13 of 31 Old 11-17-2011, 04:45 AM Thread Starter
kev

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaverse View Post
to the death? or to the pain?

i kid.

Which of the tops leak? or is it both and if so, from where? This group has a very large knowledge base and can help you solve your own problem but we need more information then "My top leaks"... specifics, man.

Common for the soft top is the A pillar corners, I believe there is a thread on here for fixing that with some weather stripping from the hardware store. There is also a TSB where they put some sticky foam and black goo up there.

If its the hard top, I know there are several fixes or potential solutions on here, most deal with making sure your stripping is in good shape and clean and that you are properly seating the panels.

Do some searching, fix your problems, tell the dealer to screw off.... and if you search, do a site search from google:

In the search bar on google type: jkowners.com: your search term

You'll get much better results then using the built in search
it comes in by the top door hinge they have changed every seal and put seal stuffers in and put a new door on tech from toledo have worked on it same result it leaks not a little when it rains 1 1/2 water on the floor
post #14 of 31 Old 11-17-2011, 06:18 AM
Rock God

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having, from what you've posted it's not normal even for a Wrangler (although some may make it sound like it's normal).
You still haven't mentioned (or maybe I missed it) what top you are running with and having the water leak issues with, Sunrider Soft Top or Freedom Hard Top?

2010 JKU Sahara
It's all about smiles per gallon, not miles per gallon
post #15 of 31 Old 11-17-2011, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
kev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panamon Creel View Post
Sorry to hear about the issues you're having, from what you've posted it's not normal even for a Wrangler (although some may make it sound like it's normal).
You still haven't mentioned (or maybe I missed it) what top you are running with and having the water leak issues with, Sunrider Soft Top or Freedom Hard Top?
hard top
post #16 of 31 Old 11-17-2011, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
kev

Quote:
hard top
soft top and sunrider top still sealed in factory wrap
post #17 of 31 Old 11-18-2011, 02:37 PM
Rock God

Garage

Mine doesn’t leak, and never has. I even got a broken door surround up where the soft top channels into, still no leaks. Although seems like Wranglers are not created equal. I have a dream!

-Dan

2008 JK X: Sold
post #18 of 31 Old 11-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
water in the lights certainly is odd... unless they started adding blinker fluid to the 2011's.
I have a 2011 and no blinker fluid. I guess I need to take it back to the dealer and have them add some.

Sent from Shotgun_Willie riding a zebra
post #19 of 31 Old 11-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Rock God

Don't buy into the, "Its a jeep, it leaks" crap people toss out. Had a 2 door 07' X and a 4 door 07' Rubi and both leaked, bad. Most people I know with a JK have leaky soft tops. Bought an 06' Wrangler with the soft top and even after laying it against a few trees it doesn't leak. Plenty of friends with TJ's and LJ's and leaks are minimal or none at all.

2006 LJ - current
2007 4dr Rubicon - sold Project- JK
2007 2dr X - sold JK-forum
post #20 of 31 Old 11-22-2011, 01:49 PM
Rock God

Quote:
hard top
Well hard tops are not that leak prone. What I find odd is your statement that it leaks in from the door hinge but water can take some weird path to get to the inside. You can dust seal areas with chalk powder and put a water hose to your Jeep if you feel like investigating where the leak might come from.

2010 JKU Sahara
It's all about smiles per gallon, not miles per gallon
post #21 of 31 Old 11-22-2011, 11:00 PM
Rock God

Just got mine back from the dealer. The front windshield had to be resealed and the passenger door needed a new seal as well. I noticed the passenger floor mat was wet but I could not tell what was causing it. I was sitting in my car while it was raining when I saw that water was heavily streaming in from the middle of the bottom side of the passenger door. As far as I deduced, the water was entering from the top of the door and traveling in some sort of pipeline to the aforementioned location. It looked really weird to see in person.
post #22 of 31 Old 11-23-2011, 08:51 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
+1 My 011 has no leaks yet...

2011 Jeep Green JKUR

Cincinnati JKOs join our Facebook group
CJKC
Cincy JK Crew - rides only, no BS
post #23 of 31 Old 01-25-2012, 05:35 AM
CUNT

Location: The Land of the Polite, Where shits covered in Ice.

Quote:
We do have a Lemon Law ..... http://www.camvap.ca/
post #24 of 31 Old 01-28-2012, 10:48 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Your leak issue is extreme. I'd look into lemon laws. You might be able to bump to a 2012 that way. My 08 leakes very little, usually from carwash action and not rain. But yeah, it does leak sometimes.

Comments on a couple of replys above
TJs.
TJs are great Jeeps. I miss mine. But they are not the magic Jeep that never leaks. My TJ leaked about the same as my JK.

Hard tops
Hard tops are not the magic water proof solution. I had a hard top for a short time and it leaked a bit also. And, just see how many goobers with hard tops are running with the top on when its a perfect top down day. Softtop is the only way to roll in a Jeep.

Good luck!

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

Last edited by TEXASKEV; 01-28-2012 at 10:50 PM.
post #25 of 31 Old 01-29-2012, 11:40 AM
Coonasian

Garage

I have an '11 hardtop. I removed and replaced the hardtop at least once a month for the last year, go through car washes and have never had a leak. Those leaks into your lights don't seem right at all. Stay on them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW
I love Walmart. Cheap shit, guns, knives, ammo, oil, chemicals, the biggest rubber selection I've ever seen and I always wondered how they could keep their prices so low and pay all the "entertainers" in the stores.

"Everything you never wanted to know about Cockatoos!" :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode