Longview driveshaft 4x4 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 11-04-2011, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Longview driveshaft 4x4

Wow what a joke. Let me start of by telling you the first bad experience with them.

In march 2008 had a lift that I purchased installed at their shop. Black Diamond lift with 8 fully adjustable control arms. I gave special instructions NOT to install cam bolts and adj. pinion angle with the supplied control arms. Not only did that not get done(installed cam bolts anyway) they also installed my rear upper control arms backwards. My dumbass didnt notice until I had to replace my tires with a new set and saw the rubbing. I switched them myself without too much trouble.

Years pass

Com bolt holes oval out and my axle start shifting, ball joints go bad. So I call up Marcus and get a great deal on poly ball joints polly c-gussets and polly lower control arm mounts. I call a few shops around town and nobody will install parts not purchased at their shop. Cause my town sucks ass! (understandable) As I exhaust my resourses I call up longview driveshaft to get a quote. "$385 for ball joints $70 for an alignment and $120 for gussets and lowe control arm mounts(because axle will be apart anyway for ball joints)" I think to myself thats not too bad $575 out the door with me supplying the parts. Appointment was set!

Dropped the jeep off wed. and was told it would be ready thursday morning first thing. They never called. I called noon on thursday: "will be ready first thing friday" called friday morning : "just need to do the alignment, come at noon."

Show up, inspect jeep before going inside, everything looks correct. (thank god)
Walk inside and the dude(terry) says "I gave you a deal on the labor cause it took my guy 12 hours to finish but I'll only charge you for 10"

I sigh......

"Total comes to $930"
Me:"missed the quote by only that much!(hold hands 2 feet apart)
Him: "what quote?"

I sigh.....

No written quote over the phone or before I left after droping it off. "Its my fault." I tell myself. All in all $1500 for ball joints C-gussets and new lower control arm axle mounts and an allignment. I could of bought a welder and a press and still saved $200 by doing it myself. Did I get scrrewed or what?

Let the flaiming commence....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

I met the little old guy who owns it (I think he said he owned it). Hung out in a parking lot talking Jeeps for an hour. He had a stock JKU. He seemed sharp but your story would make me think twice about ever useing them. That sucks that you got jerked around.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-04-2011, 03:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

damn.... tell them not to come and infect florida...

-Marc
2010 JKU -- 3.5" RE Lift -- EVO LCAs -- ARTEC Truss and TB mount -- 17" Procomp 7069 -- 37" Maxxis Treps -- Heated Trucklite Headlights -- Synergy Drag flip -- Synergy TR -- Synergy bj's-- EVO 1/4 Pounder -- EVO Tire Carrier -- 4 gal rotopax -- TF Third Row -- China AEV Snorkel

Coming up:
D60 Front 99-04 Ford ARB w/ 5.38
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42 MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode