Shrockworks - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 Old 10-21-2011, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Shrockworks

I've put off posting anything but at this point I feel I would be doing a disservice to all the other JK buyers out there if I didn't say anything.

I ordered my Shrockworks bumper back on July 13th because I thought it was the best looking bumper available at the time. I knew that there would be a 3 month delay when I ordered it so I went into this knowing that would be the case.

It's now been 3 months and 1 week and they haven't even started welding it yet. They have parts left to bend even yet they are saying on the vendors forum how much faster they are working now.

So now I'm looking at 4 months for a bumper to ship, they charged my credit cards for it right away though so whats the rush right?

I'm sorry but working nights and weekends to keep up with demand for a new shop isn't something you should be charging extra for, it's a price of doing business and making customers happy.

Anyway, just a fair warning, if you deal with Shrockworks know that the estimates they give you for shipping are more of a pipe dream then a reality even as long as they are.

I ordered a much more complex bumper from Poison Spyder and it was delivered very quickly. Didn't think I'd save up that much money for the back bumper, order it and get it delivered before the front bumper's even started though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 10-21-2011, 08:35 AM
Granite Guru

Oh man - I hope this does not happen to me. I ordered my sliders on September 15 and was told 8-weeks. I was hoping to get them installed before December (and before someone gives me a door ding).
post #3 of 33 Old 10-21-2011, 08:36 AM
Banned

Cancel it and tell them you want a refund.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 Old 10-21-2011, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yeah, think thats the best idea in the end.

This was in the email I got from them a week ago in their sales circular that kind of pushed me into posting this complaint.

- Hate the wait? Exciting News -

Everyone loves ShrockWorks products, but no one likes waiting so long for them to be made. This is definitely the #1 complaint we hear. We have been listening and have some more great news!

The new CNC equipment is in and running like a champ. We also have two new full time welders and a new warehouse employee. Over the past 2 months the number of orders in the production queue has dropped over 30%. That is a first! We aren't where we want to be yet, but the sustained measurable progress is fantastic to see.

We are going to keep pushing until we can get production times down to about 4-6 weeks. They are currently about 12-14 weeks for bumpers and 8 weeks for sliders and skids. Once we get to 4-6 weeks, we plan to start experimenting with stocking a standard config. of popular products.

** If you have an emergency or a deadline. We do have the ability to do rush orders now. To keep it fair for everyone, these are done after regular shop hours, so it doesn't slow down normal orders. They are subject to overtime availability of welders, and there is a fee involved to cover the overtime expense. The fee is usually about 10%. If you got in a wreck or have a big trip planned or something and would like to take advantage of this, please call to discuss this option. **

-----

I emailed them asking to cancel my order and refund the charges they made to my credit card 3 months ago. Guess we'll see how that goes.

Last edited by Hitchhiker; 10-21-2011 at 08:58 AM.
post #5 of 33 Old 10-21-2011, 09:06 AM
Granite Guru

I just emailed Mark and asked if my sliders would still be delivered on time and he responded withing 15 minutes and said they would be delivered give or take a week or two. That would put me between 6-10 weeks for sliders.
I will post my results - hopefully closer to the 6 than the 10.
post #6 of 33 Old 10-21-2011, 09:12 AM
Rock God

Keep in mind these guys are a SMALL operation. They've always taken forever to make a product but the end result is flawless. BTW, my stubby was built and on my rubi in one week. LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 33 Old 10-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Granite Guru

Eff that. Call them and tell them to cancell your order, and to refund your CC. If you don't have a refund in 48 hours, call your CC company and sick them on Shrockworks.
post #8 of 33 Old 10-21-2011, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

They replied to my email that they misquoted needing that much more time for my bumper so they say now it will be shipping out on Monday. I still think the design of the bumper I ordered is the nicest one I saw available so I'll let them finish it rather then cancel now.

As far as small shops I order almost everything I get from small shops all over the country. I've got no problems with supporting small vendors but this is easily the longest wait I've had for any parts and when I call in for a status they didn't ever really seem to have knowledge of my specific order. The last time they thought it was waiting on welding and painting and this time it was because they thought it was getting powder coated. I order my parts in bare steel so I can paint them myself.

I've ordered custom steel parts for both this jeep and my last from probably a dozen or more different small companies so it's not like I'm comparing them to walmart.

In that respect I think they shouldn't be offering rush shipping at all, instead they should bite the bullet, pay the welders or whoever overtime out of their pocket and get that backlog down to a reasonable level.

I'm still hopeful though that they are producing a quality product for the price so like I said originally. Order from them if you want but the wait is longer then expected.

Last edited by Hitchhiker; 10-21-2011 at 09:21 AM.
post #9 of 33 Old 10-21-2011, 09:20 AM
Granite Guru

I orderd a front bumper from them over the summer and it was on time with no problems. I then went ahead and ordered the back bumper with tire carrier.

I to was told at that time 3 month as well. I hope it is still on scheduale! looks like 12 weeks would put me sometime next week. I will keep you posted as well.

One thing I can say. the front bumper is awsome. I went with the mid-with and the welds are extremly nice and solid.
keep us posted.

.................................................. ......................
08 detonator yellow JK rubi.RIPP super charger 3.5" Rock Krawler X factor long arm, with 2.5 remote res Coil overs, 37" mtr/k's,. With a bunch of other fun stuff!
post #10 of 33 Old 10-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Geeze...

It never ends I guess.

Their email = ???

IDK- They are a great company in terms of their design, fit, finish, strength, looks....but their wait times seem not only long and drawn out, but also arbitrarily subjective. I don't get it.

I understand that a specific (MADE IN HOUSE) product might be sched for shipping by Mon, Tues, Wed, etc...but I will never understand an ETA with a 3 or 4 week buffer zone.

Kinda like saying that something will be ready between 2011- 2012.

Anyway- to those of you that are willing to wait (sometimes seemingly indefinitely)...then you should be VERY happy with the product. Great construction, beautiful welds, minimalist profile/ design, etc. For those that can't wait, I am sure that anyone including Shrockworks, would understand.

Good luck.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #11 of 33 Old 10-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Granite Guru

When I bought my JK, it came with a Shrockworks stubby, I agree, its a nice looking piece, but 12 weeks is insane. But if they are straight up honest about the lead time, thats something. I would hold them to their lead time, then re-evualate how bad I want their product if they can't deliver.

Sometimes I'm impatient, esp when they charge the cc upfront. That pisses me off to no end.
post #12 of 33 Old 10-21-2011, 09:52 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribal4krawler View Post
Keep in mind these guys are a SMALL operation. They've always taken forever to make a product but the end result is flawless. BTW, my stubby was built and on my rubi in one week. LOL
You should share the rest of that story, Don.

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #13 of 33 Old 10-23-2011, 05:18 PM
Rock God

This is a pretty common complaint over in the Nissan camp. It's worse for the Nissan guys because there aren't a million and one companies making bumpers for them. I've heard it time and time again that they promise one time and then don't deliver it until much later. People order knowing there is a 3 month lead but then it turns into 4 or 5 and in some cases 6 months. There were some mad people also when they announced you could get a "rush order" by paying extra. Shrockworks states that it doesn't impede the construction of other bumpers because it is "overtime, on weekends" but the way I see it if they are that far behind on orders they should be working overtime on weekends anyway to get caught up.

Oh, not sure on this but I've heard rumor that the long lead times are because they purchase the material in bulk and wait until they have so many confirmed orders before ordering the steel. So if you are the first one in the batch you will wait a lot longer than the last guy that orders for that batch.

No one has ever had a quality issue with Shrockworks that I know of but I personally could never order something from a company that takes that long.
post #14 of 33 Old 10-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Granite Guru

ordered my sliders 8-8-11
Was told 5-6 weeks 6 if I wanted them powder coated

called at 7 weeks to check on them was told who ever told me 5-6 weeks should not of told me that. Then I was told that around 10-1-11 They would be finished.

Still waiting

RK 3.5 LIFT/RRD SHOCKS/FRONT CONTROL ARMS/DRAG LINK/TRACK BAR/REAR BRAKE HOSES/COOPER 295-75-17 STT JEEPERMAN FRONT BUMPER SUPERWINCH EPI9 JKS LOWER TRACK BAR BRACES/DISCONNECTS CRAGAR WHEELS SOFT 8 SYNERGY UPPER TRACK BAR BRACES RR SKID PLATES BENCHMARK DESIGNS EVAP SKID
post #15 of 33 Old 10-24-2011, 02:27 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUDY850 View Post

called at 7 weeks to check on them was told who ever told me 5-6 weeks should not of told me that. Then I was told that around 10-1-11 They would be finished.

Still waiting
I'd be pissed for sure. Especially if they quoted 2 ETA's and missed both. There are tons other companies making aftermarket parts for our vehicles. When I get ready to buy these items, I will be skipping some certain manufacturers.

-Dan

2008 JK X: Sold
post #16 of 33 Old 10-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Garage

This has been going on with them for YEARS.

If you want it.. wait.

Me, no thanks.. there are plenty of just as nice bumpers, sliders, etc that I can have at my door within a couple weeks or less.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #17 of 33 Old 10-24-2011, 02:59 PM
JKO Addict!

Find a vendor that stocks them = Problem solved.

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Gecko
3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor
40x13.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers / 17" Fuel Hostage
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite / Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
Poison Spyder RockBrawler w/ Tire Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
and yet... canada still sucks worse

we'd make fun of your prime minister if we could... unfortunately nobody's ever heard of him!
post #18 of 33 Old 10-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
This has been going on with them for YEARS.

If you want it.. wait.

Me, no thanks.. there are plenty of just as nice bumpers, sliders, etc that I can have at my door within a couple weeks or less.
Just to HIT the point home...
My wife ordered a set of rock sliders for my Samurai in October of 2005....we got them March of 2006.
She was told by them that they would be in her hands in time for Christmas. I got a picture of them for Christmas! My wife was furious!

I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN OR RECOMMEND ANYBODY DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!

post #19 of 33 Old 10-24-2011, 04:24 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacabb View Post
Find a vendor that stocks them = Problem solved.
this ^^

I bought 2 mid width bumpers from Screamin Lizards and had both in less then a week I would never wait 2+ months for a bumper of any kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #20 of 33 Old 10-24-2011, 09:03 PM
JKO Addict!

What is the actual holdup? There's men and women here in all walks of life, and there's no way on earth that 3-4 months is an acceptable wait time for anything, let alone a simple bumper. What could take them so long? Are they unionized so that it's 15 minutes of work and the rest of the day is a break?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #21 of 33 Old 10-25-2011, 06:10 AM
Granite Guru

I was lucky a few years ago and Screaming Lizard had a front mid-width in stock and got it in a week. When I ordered my rear full width with tire carrier back in early March I was told it would be done in about 3 months. In all reality I got the same answer that they were behind, its almost done, and the list goes on full of reasons why it will be later every time I called to check on things. Eventually I finally got it in late September. They do make excellent products, but have had this problem for years with their business of delayed and wrong delivery times. If there is that big of a demand for their products you would think they would hire more full time or temporary employees to satisfy their demand. I usually do not buy things that I have to wait for, but in the end I am glad I was patient enough to wait things out when I bought my rear bumper.

Teraflex 4" Lift with 8 Flexarms - Mickey Thompson Classic Locks - 35" Goodyear MTR with Kevlar - Shrockworks Mid Width Front Bumper - Shrockworks Full Width Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier - SkidRow Oil/Tranny skid plate - Rock Hard 4x4 JK Evap Canister Skid Plate - Coast Front and Read Driveshaft - Teraflex Front/Rear Differential Covers - Superchip Flashpaq - Mile Marker 9500 - KC SlimLights - ARB on-board air/CB/Ham radio - Yukon 5.13 - Sleeved and Gussets
post #22 of 33 Old 10-25-2011, 02:18 PM
Granite Guru

After reading the complaints for a couple of years I now read "6-8 weeks" as "6-8 months"..

I ordered a set of sliders through Screaming Lizard and gave up after 8 months. They did have my stubby in stock when I changed my front bumper though. I finally found a set of take-off sliders on Craigslist.

Even though everyone complains about the wait, I have only heard ONE complaint about quality. IMO their powdercoating quality is second to none, welding quality and overall design is top notch as well.
post #23 of 33 Old 10-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Very common for them to have long waits. 4 years ago when I got my stubby it took 9 months to get! And they get a lot of $ for them too. But once I got it and saw the fit and finish it was worth it (for me).

But back then there were very few stubby choices. If I was starting over on a build today I'd probably have Marcus at RCO get me a PS stubby.

As a side story, I spent 1/2 a day wheeling with them about 3 years ago out at the old Katemcy. Very cool bunch of guys.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #24 of 33 Old 11-10-2011, 03:09 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUDY850 View Post

Still waiting
WOO HOO
Sliders are on there way. should have them Monday

RK 3.5 LIFT/RRD SHOCKS/FRONT CONTROL ARMS/DRAG LINK/TRACK BAR/REAR BRAKE HOSES/COOPER 295-75-17 STT JEEPERMAN FRONT BUMPER SUPERWINCH EPI9 JKS LOWER TRACK BAR BRACES/DISCONNECTS CRAGAR WHEELS SOFT 8 SYNERGY UPPER TRACK BAR BRACES RR SKID PLATES BENCHMARK DESIGNS EVAP SKID
post #25 of 33 Old 11-10-2011, 05:20 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo78 View Post
This is a pretty common complaint over in the Nissan camp. It's worse for the Nissan guys because there aren't a million and one companies making bumpers for them. I've heard it time and time again that they promise one time and then don't deliver it until much later. People order knowing there is a 3 month lead but then it turns into 4 or 5 and in some cases 6 months. There were some mad people also when they announced you could get a "rush order" by paying extra. Shrockworks states that it doesn't impede the construction of other bumpers because it is "overtime, on weekends" but the way I see it if they are that far behind on orders they should be working overtime on weekends anyway to get caught up.

Oh, not sure on this but I've heard rumor that the long lead times are because they purchase the material in bulk and wait until they have so many confirmed orders before ordering the steel. So if you are the first one in the batch you will wait a lot longer than the last guy that orders for that batch.

No one has ever had a quality issue with Shrockworks that I know of but I personally could never order something from a company that takes that long.
This. I'm one of those in the Nissan camp, too. Ordered a rear bumper w/ carrier for my wife's '08 Xterra Off-Road and if I remember correctly they told me something like 12-14 weeks lead time. Finally got it after 4 months of waiting. But it was as everyone else has said. Flawless. Ordered a set of sliders shortly afterward and was told 4-6 weeks. Got them in 8-9, which wasn't a surprise. Fit and finish, again, were perfect. Not complaints at all. Traded in that Xterra for a 2010 OR in May 2010 and transferred all the SW stuff over without issue. Still on today without issue. The only thing they could do better is to add a grease zirk on the spindle for the tire carrier. Gets a little squeaky now and again.

So yeah...if you don't mind waiting, they make great prodcuts. If you're in a hurry, though.....go a different route.

Choose your friends & choose your enemies. But choose wisely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode