Lost Key (Keyless remote) - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 02-09-2009, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Lost Key (Keyless remote)

Well it finally happened...
I lost one of the keys to the Jeep!
The local dealers want $195 for a new key and then charge around $50 extra to program it to my jeep...FAWK!

DON'T LOSE YOUR KEY !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 02-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Granite Guru

WoW!! They bumped that price up!! List on those is only about $145.00 depending on the key. There is about 3 differant ones. If you want get me the last 9 of the vin and I can check it out. Your price on the average key would be about $108.00. Let me know
post #3 of 14 Old 02-09-2009, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

PM sent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 02-09-2009, 09:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProZack View Post
WoW!! They bumped that price up!! List on those is only about $145.00 depending on the key. There is about 3 differant ones. If you want get me the last 9 of the vin and I can check it out. Your price on the average key would be about $108.00. Let me know
Thanks for being the exception to the rule when it comes to dealer/customer relations. Appreciate it.
post #5 of 14 Old 02-10-2009, 08:38 AM
Granite Guru

Thanks man!
Why dealers don't want to support the people that have a love for the vehicles they sell is beond me.
post #6 of 14 Old 02-13-2009, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Zack You're the man!! New key arrived today. Now to see if the dealer from whom I bought the jeep will program it as a "courtesy". The local crooks (Tuttle-Click) wanted $60!! to put the key in a machine and push some buttons!!

Thanks again to Zack & Pro Jeep !
post #7 of 14 Old 02-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Granite Guru

Thanks for the props!!!!!!
post #8 of 14 Old 04-09-2009, 08:33 AM

remote key

Several websites can sell you a remote key blank. Take it to any Chrysler dealer to have programs. I saved mucho $$$$
post #9 of 14 Old 04-09-2009, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDoc7 View Post
Several websites can sell you a remote key blank. Take it to any Chrysler dealer to have programs. I saved mucho $$$$
That's fine for a third spare & I have one. but they don't have a keyless entry remote. Thanks though.
post #10 of 14 Old 04-14-2009, 07:57 AM
Granite Guru

There's not even any need to have the key programmed at the dealer. In the manual I believe it tells you how to program your own. If I'm wrong on that, somewhere there's a write up of how to do it. It's one of those ridiculous things, where you turn the engine to run, clap your hands three times, hop out, do the hokey pokey and then the horn beeps, but it can be done without a trip to the dealer as I recall. Someone feel free to chime in if I'm wrong.
post #11 of 14 Old 04-14-2009, 08:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

can you just get a normal key without the remote on it i hate using that big ass birth control key i dont mind putting my key in the door to get in the jeep

www.jeepasylum.com
post #12 of 14 Old 04-14-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromedome View Post
Well it finally happened...
I lost one of the keys to the Jeep!
The local dealers want $195 for a new key and then charge around $50 extra to program it to my jeep...FAWK!

DON'T LOSE YOUR KEY !!
Bought one for $18 at https://www.ikeyless.com/. The dealership programed it for free when they did a tsb.
post #13 of 14 Old 04-14-2009, 08:59 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1 View Post
There's not even any need to have the key programmed at the dealer. In the manual I believe it tells you how to program your own. If I'm wrong on that, somewhere there's a write up of how to do it. It's one of those ridiculous things, where you turn the engine to run, clap your hands three times, hop out, do the hokey pokey and then the horn beeps, but it can be done without a trip to the dealer as I recall. Someone feel free to chime in if I'm wrong.
yeah but you need BOTH keys to do the hokey pokey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCacher View Post
Bought one for $18 at https://www.ikeyless.com/. The dealership programed it for free when they did a tsb.
Good price. That one would be good for a spare but it doesn't have the keyless remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
can you just get a normal key without the remote on it i hate using that big ass birth control key i dont mind putting my key in the door to get in the jeep
ha ha that's funny, we've had ours almost two years and I don't think I've ever stuck the key in the door lock. Although I disabled the annoying beep as soon as I found out how to do the hokey pokey on it.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.

Last edited by gold knight; 04-14-2009 at 09:05 AM.
post #14 of 14 Old 05-02-2009, 12:06 PM
wcr
Wheeler

i dont understand this whole door thing.. you got doors with your jeeps? i think i got ripped off!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode