Americas Tire - Lack of Attention to Detail - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 09-25-2011, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Americas Tire - Lack of Attention to Detail

I am really disappointed with the attention to detail of America's Tire. I have purchased 4 sets of over sized tires and this experience was horrible.

On Sat I brought up 4 loose rims to have some Goodyear MTR w/Kevlar's (37x12.5x17) installed (which I had prepaid for on Wed). Installation took about and hour, they helped me load them in the truck and I took them home.

When I got home I unloaded them from the truck and was noticing the weights on the inside. THREE out of the FOUR tires had their weights about to fall off. One was literally flapping, one still had the glue tape stuck underneath, and the 3rd was really loose and coming up on the ends. I went back and pitched a fit. They took care of me right away, but what was really disappointing was I had to tell them to do a 3rd tire a THIRD time.

Their attention to detail was horrible. The guy who helped me gave me a song and dance about how the manager pulled everyone together for a pow wow and showed them my rims. Right after that is when I had to send the 3rd one back for a 3rd redo.

I am not going to forget this experience any time soon. They have great prices, but double check their work. I wish I took pics for everyone to see. I was appalled.

2008 JK 4 Door Rubi, 37's and stuff...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Banned

This should be in the dirty laundry section!

IBTM First in.
post #3 of 10 Old 09-26-2011, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Not sure what IBTM stands for.

I understand your opinion on the wrong section, but I disagree. This section is for Discount Tire and they are directly connected to Americas Tire from their website.

I would love to see a vendor reply on this. If you are a moderator and want to move the post, then so be it. Not trying to be a jerk, just want a little awareness to the vendor.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 09-26-2011, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Total bullshit, you make a negative comment about a sponsored vendor and your thread gets pigeon holed in a Dirty Laundry section. Whatever.

post #5 of 10 Old 09-26-2011, 05:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlrule56 View Post
Total bullshit, you make a negative comment about a sponsored vendor and your thread gets pigeon holed in a Dirty Laundry section. Whatever.
Lol we've all been there..don't get your panties in a bunch..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites
post #6 of 10 Old 09-26-2011, 05:32 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

The reason they move this kinda stuff to Dirty Laundry is because this is where everyone gathers with their pitch forks and roasts those with questionable business practices.

Here's why you didn't get a response from the guys in the Discount Tire section. There are two or three guys who run the internet department for their company. They are salesmen for Discount Tire Direct which operates separately from America's Tire or Discount Tire retail locations.

The stores are their own entities all together and are responsible for their own actions. The salesmen who monitor these boards have a list a mile long of forums they have to check each day. They don't make it to all of them every day it seems.

The experience you had seems very out of character from what I have experienced but sucks nonetheless. Any satisfaction or compensation should come directly from the store you dealt with or the area manager. However...they probably won't offer you much more than an apology.

These are just my friendly two cents. I hope you enjoy your new tires and they take care of you in the future if you have an issue or complication.

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 10 Old 09-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:

What happened to this..

Quote:
Not sure what IBTM stands for.

I understand your opinion on the wrong section, but I disagree. This section is for Discount Tire and they are directly connected to Americas Tire from their website.

I would love to see a vendor reply on this. If you are a moderator and want to move the post, then so be it. Not trying to be a jerk, just want a little awareness to the vendor.
I'm sorry we don't run this joint around you ... This is where this shit goes... second of all who you are talking about isn't a vendor of JKO.. they are a vendor of vendor of JKO... and even if they were, this forum is still where this shit goes.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #8 of 10 Old 09-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Rock God

Garage

Eh, worse things can happen man. Not saying its not annoying, but cmon...theyre tire weights that werent sticky enough. Look at positives here. Tires dont have holes, it got fixed and you didnt have to worry about the superchips TPMS not being reset.

In all seriousness, now you know who not to go back to if you don't trust em and youll always check the tires before you leave now. Put the tires on and enjoy em

"With all due respect sir, I believe this will be our finest hour"
post #9 of 10 Old 09-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

The OP must have a hell of a time at the drive through.

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #10 of 10 Old 09-27-2011, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

LMAO, I am actually really easy going. I never complain at restaurants or drive throughs. Never piss off the people who feeds ya!

I generally don't complain, and it takes a lot to get me worked up. I run a small business in Fair Oaks and particularly the service side of the house. I listen to people ask for help and tell me their problems all day long. Redo's cost time and money and generally slowing down and paying closer attention to detail would have prevented most complaints.

I do love the tires and will still return to AT when I need another set. Their customer service issue was never the problem.

So check this out. I replaced a set of 35ish BFG AT's and I got 71k mikes out of them. Still had about 1/16" left.

Moving on....time for bumpers and sliders!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode