F@#*&%! PayPal !!!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-22-2011, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

[email protected]#*&%! PayPal !!!!!

First, this is the only issue I have had with PayPal after using it for several years. Second, I have contacted PayPal and they have addmitted the mistake and are going to make it right. Bottom line is it should not have happened in the first palce.

I recently purchased an item from another member here in the amount of $222 (item, shipping, paypal fees). It was a more than fair price for the item. I used my paypal account tied to my bank to transfer the funds to him. No big deal. This morning I get six (6) emails from paypal stating "insufficient funds"!! WTF? I log onto my bank account to find PayPal had debited my account eight (8) times in twelve minutes for the entire sum of $222! Grand Total just shy of $2k!!

I call PayPal and very politely tell them the issue and give them both their transaction number and the transaction number from the bank. I am apologised to profusely and told they will make it right. Ok, not a huge deal, this account is set up for PayPal use only anyway. I call the bank to let them know what happened and they agree to wave the overdraft fees as it was a mistake. Great, everything is working out fine! Now I log back onto my bank account and find PayPal is trying to asses me six returned check fees of $29 each!!! WTF AGAIN!!!

Anyways I called PayPal again and they say they will fix it and return the fees, but it can take up to 14 days! I am just happy I was smart enough to make a seperate account for PayPal use and that it wasnt tied to my normal bank account!

Moral of the story is to check your accounts closley when using PayPal!!!

United States Army 1997-Present

When a life or death decision must be made in seconds.....the police are only a minute away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-22-2011, 10:51 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Been there multiple times in the last year with paypal......... I have begun using amazon payments for most transactions
post #3 of 7 Old 09-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Rock God

Send a message via AIM to jocrazy0

Thanks for the warning... I switched my primary pay-pal from bank debit to a credit card recently just to avoid the "computer stutter" drain the account issue. It made me nervous. Its good to know my paranoia is not unfounded.

2007 Rubicon, Graystone, Auto, Dual, Power, Tow,GENTEX autodim mirror,COOL TECH antenna mount&exhaust,CIBIE,HELLA TPMS,AEM CAI, Fuel Door, Grab Handles,Tuffy,Thule,Olympic,HESCO Supercharger, HID, RR XHD FB w/stinger,DRAKE hoodlatch with locks
1972 C104 Commando - Bone stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Research, bro!

Garage

Like your idea of a separate account, but I went the route of only linking a CC to my Paypal account. I've had PayPal issues a couple of times. Twice screwed (though fixed by CC company) and now I'm permanently gunshy of PayPal - hate having to use them.

"Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy, or are you gonna bite?" - Mr. Blonde
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A proud part of the Cutts!
post #5 of 7 Old 09-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Banned

I fucking hate pay pal, for many many reasons.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-22-2011, 11:40 AM
Rock God

This is why I dont use it, I would rather pay full price or pay a little extra vs using paypal.

2008 Jeep JK Unlimited Rescue Green NSG370
RK 3.5 X Factor mid arm
37x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers
PSC BFH trail stinger
PSC narrow fenders

A lot more to come very soon!
post #7 of 7 Old 09-22-2011, 11:17 PM
TJT
Rock God

Im with ya! I try to avoid paypal at all costs.

I had an experience where I bought a Program for my mac and a year later I got a new computer so I wanted to re-download the program to it. I contacted the company and they said they had no records of my purchase. Come to find out the guy I was communicating with sent me a payment request from his personal account (similar to the name of the company) and left the company shortly afterward.

So I call PayPal to dispute the fraudulent charge. I get a guy in India who's reading off a word sheet and got nowhere. They never did anything for me.

To end my story, I sent an email to the asshole that I paid for he program and he helped me with the reinstall and an upgrade.

[email protected]#! PayPal!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode