Morons! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 09-06-2011, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Morons!

I took my 09 Saraha to the dealership (Brubakers Lancaster Pa) back in July to get some of the recall things taken care of. While there I wanted them to take care of a couple other things too; program the computer to allow use of hard top defroster and fix 3 way passenger seat. I had the hard top from my 07 and I added the hard top wiring harness from MOPAR!

Dropped the Jeep of on the way to the beach for a couple days. I get a call from them that they took care of the recalls, have to order a part for the seat and have no idea what I want done with the programing the computer to allow the defroster to work. I explain it again and they say they don't think it can be done. I told them again that it is a MOPAR kit and the instructions tell them how to do it. I asked them to look up the kit on the internet (since they can't find it in their system) look at Quadretec site and follow the directions of the installation guide. They said they can't find it. I locate in 30 seconds from my cell phone. Try to talk them through it on the phone. They say they can't promise that it worked since I didn't have my hard top on a the time....whatever!

They call last week and say they have the seat part in and would like to schedule the repair. The wife takes it to them on Saturday and wants to wait for it. They tell her it's going to take awhile. She tells them she was told by the guy on the phone it shouldn't take more than 45 minutes! She askes if they could drop her off at the mall (since this is service they advertise they do). They tell her they don't do that on Saturdays. She sits and waits.

After more than an hour they tell her its ready to go. She goes to the parking lot and tests it...still does not work!! Service guy come out and shows her how it does work. He grabs the lower seat adjuster and the seat back adjuster and pulls them both at the same time and slides it forward and says..see it works! She tries to explain the function of the 3 way seat to him. He says "well maybe your Jeep does not have that option". She says it used to and it has the lever for it....... She even gets out the owners manual and shows him how it supposed to work. He says he has to order a part (what the hell part did they order and put in the first time?). She is ready to kill someone. They agree to take a part off another Jeep. Finally find that something came off the track and put it back. It works now but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

This is not the most complicated repair but if they can't do this right, how would they be with something more important. It frustrating that they don't even know how their products are supposed to work.

Anyone know of a good service department at a Jeep dealer within 50 miles of Harrisburg Pa???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-07-2011, 01:58 AM
Wheeler

New Holland Auto.
I've taken both my Jeeps there without purchasing either of them there (we did buy the Tacoma there) and they never give me a problem. I've had them install a Solid rear diff. cover and Skid Row oil pan skid without issues. Didn't even have to explain how it's done, just left the directions with the parts. The install took longer then quoted and the stuck to the quote. They are also really good at sticking to their appt. schedule. When you have an appt., you're in the bay within minutes. As far as mod friendly, I haven't been in a position to find that out yet, but so far the service has been top notch.
I've tried using Brubaker's after I bought the first Jeep from them. Had an appt. to reflash the CPU under a recall and I sat there for over 2 hrs. waiting for the work to be done, last time I've step foot in the place.

"Come on guys admit it, when that first one went off, didn't a little bit of pee leak out?"---Spc. Frye after Rt. Duster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 09-07-2011, 05:19 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks, I'll give them a shot next time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 09-20-2011, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Unhappy Update

Put the the hard top on today and tried defroster....IT DOES NOT WORK!

Never saw that one coming!!!!

Do I go back to Brubakers, since I already paid them or cut my losses an go elsewhere?
post #5 of 11 Old 09-21-2011, 07:31 AM
Wheeler

With something that minor, I'd test the waters else where to see how they handle it. Might give you some insight on how they handle the bigger issues. Just a thought.

"Come on guys admit it, when that first one went off, didn't a little bit of pee leak out?"---Spc. Frye after Rt. Duster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 Old 09-21-2011, 07:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mifunk View Post
Put the the hard top on today and tried defroster....IT DOES NOT WORK!

Never saw that one coming!!!!

Do I go back to Brubakers, since I already paid them or cut my losses an go elsewhere?
Eff em. I'd travel the fiddy miles if I knew it meant I was heading to a competent dealership that wasn't gonna screw me and do shoddy work.

Then sue Brubaker's for theft of service in small claims court. You paid for services that simply weren't provided. That's some bullshit.

post #7 of 11 Old 09-21-2011, 07:50 AM
Granite Guru

haha that dealership tried to screw me when i first found the jeep i wanted to purchase - gave me some run around crap about 'securing the vehicle from another dealer' - jus so he could jack up the price a few thousand more dollars.

id say F em. these stories make me sad, considering i know im due for a trip to cherry hill soon

i really dont know who's worse, the salesmen or the servicemen...

Jersey
Crew!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerdog View Post
Steph, you are the spicy mustard that binds this sausage fest together.
"You cant stop me, you can only try and contain me.."
post #8 of 11 Old 09-21-2011, 09:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph2011JK View Post
haha that dealership tried to screw me when i first found the jeep i wanted to purchase - gave me some run around crap about 'securing the vehicle from another dealer' - jus so he could jack up the price a few thousand more dollars.

id say F em. these stories make me sad, considering i know im due for a trip to cherry hill soon

i really dont know who's worse, the salesmen or the servicemen...
NNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

PLEASE do not take your Jeep to Cherry Hill unless you've decided you don't like it anymore. They're not only assholes, but they're STUPID assholes. That's the worst kind of asshole.

Go to Lucas. They have better techs, they're mod friendly, have reps here on JKO and hell, they even have an obstacle course out back from what I understand.

post #9 of 11 Old 09-21-2011, 09:49 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

gotta love those dealerships!

-Marc
2010 JKU -- 3.5" RE Lift -- EVO LCAs -- ARTEC Truss and TB mount -- 17" Procomp 7069 -- 37" Maxxis Treps -- Heated Trucklite Headlights -- Synergy Drag flip -- Synergy TR -- Synergy bj's-- EVO 1/4 Pounder -- EVO Tire Carrier -- 4 gal rotopax -- TF Third Row -- China AEV Snorkel

Coming up:
D60 Front 99-04 Ford ARB w/ 5.38
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42 MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
post #10 of 11 Old 09-21-2011, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Where is Lucas???
post #11 of 11 Old 09-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mifunk View Post
Where is Lucas???
Jersey. Worth the $5 bridge toll.

Seriously, I don't know what the deal is with the local dealerships is, but I swear I can't find a single competent one within 50 miles of me. Iwas almost thankful when my warranty expired. Only had one issue - fuel line - that the local dealer could have covered under warranty.

They pointed to mud on my Jeep and denied it as offroad abuse. Then after billing me $400 to replace the entire fuel line, it pulls loose (no offroading or even trail riding, just driving down the road) and it leaves me with a leaking fuel line RIGHT next to my exhaust pipe. I nearly went to prison on that one. In fact, I still might.

Almost forgot:

FUCK YOU, SPORT CHRYSLER & JEEP.
Douchebags populate the building and seem to replicate overnight.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode