Superior Customer Service - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 08-31-2011, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Superior Customer Service

So I upgraded to Superior Evo rear shafts after bending my stock flanges.

I have had the shafts in for 5 months and 2 wheeling trips with no hard drops, hits, etc..drove home from every trip and its my DD.

Last month I started noticing a sqeak and its gotten worse. Check and sure enough the flange is bent again. WTF these are supposed to be bad ass shafts.

I call Superior and they tell me tough luck they dont cover bent shafts and only cover manufacturer defects. Seriously I buy $600 shafts and get 2 wheeling trips out of them and you wont cover an overlook in the design.

I will for now on tell everyone I know to stay away from Superior.

2007 JK Unlimited Rubi
too much to list
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 08-31-2011, 09:01 AM
Rock God

Hopefully theres a change of heart there & this gets fixed for you down the road free of charge. Just upgraded my axles too. After some research & on recommendations/advice from a highly regarded person (IMO), prior to purchase, this is exactly why I went w/another manufacturer frt & rr for my axles (in addition to their u-joint downsize in frt axles). Good luck...

Last edited by highwayman; 08-31-2011 at 10:31 AM.
post #3 of 17 Old 08-31-2011, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Garage

Moved to the correct forum.

°lllll°

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook Page
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube Channel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 09-01-2011, 07:09 AM
Rock God

Take a look at the Nitro shafts. I'm running a special on them in the vendor section. Even if you don't buy from me and go somewhere else, I just wanted to give you a heads up on that's another option to run. I personally have their stuff and have been for over a year and a half. You break these things and you've really done something. Big plus on the larger u-joints in the front as well.

edit: Bent flanges aren't covered.
post #5 of 17 Old 09-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Granite Guru

Our drivers side Superior Evolution series shaft bent at the flange and we got a warranty replacment after showing proof of being bent..... Who did you purchase from?
post #6 of 17 Old 09-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Rock God

Garage

I remember Cody Sanders on here saying he bent one too, on 37" tires. I also know a local guy who bent one on 37" KM2s, both were Evolution shafts from Superior. I'm thinking about going with the Nitro shafts front and rear.

Proud to be One of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001-2010.

Semper Fi
post #7 of 17 Old 09-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Rock God

Garage

I bent a flange on my superiors last year running 35's, they took it back with no issues. They required that the old one be sent back, but I had no problems with a replacement.

I wonder if this is a shift in policy...

Joe -
-
-
-
post #8 of 17 Old 09-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Rock God

I'm not really sure, but it may just be a matter of who you talk to whether you can get it swapped out or not. I was under the impression that Superior, Yukon, etc all covered flanges. After making some calls around, official word from all is that flanges are not covered.

I've seen guys wheeling hard enough to snap, sheer and warp some lesser made chromo shafts, but I've personally never seen a Nitro shaft with a broken shaft, warped splines or bent flange. However, like I said... their official position is it's not covered either. I'm curious now though if there's differences in materials and the process of making them between companies. Will report back with what I find out.

EDIT: Well, that was quick. Ten Factory covers flanges. Bend, break, whatever and they'll replace them.

Additionally, the process that is put into the shafts are also put into the flanges, so no difference in materials, however because of the way they are machined and treated, the treatment may not be consistent on the actual flange itself. Learn something new every day.
post #9 of 17 Old 09-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Rock God

Garage

Sounds like I'm buying 10 factory rear shafts.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Semper Fi
post #10 of 17 Old 09-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Pretty much solves that question about who to buy from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #11 of 17 Old 09-06-2011, 07:09 PM
VKS Fab

I've been running TEN's for awhile now with 37's on a heavy ass 4 door with zero issues.

Vick

Handmade One At A Time

GIVE US A CALL 559-392-3145
post #12 of 17 Old 09-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Vick View Post
I've been running TEN's for awhile now with 37's on a heavy ass 4 door with zero issues.

Vick
Good to hear. 10 year warranty, no questions asked, seems pretty damn good to me.

Semper Fi
post #13 of 17 Old 09-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Rock God

guess you have to pull the shaft heat it up and snap it for for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukecage View Post
If I hear banjos I'm out! I almost feel like an alien being a black guy in a jeep already, this is gonna be a real adventure
post #14 of 17 Old 09-12-2011, 04:00 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaverse View Post
I bent a flange on my superiors last year running 35's, they took it back with no issues. They required that the old one be sent back, but I had no problems with a replacement.

I wonder if this is a shift in policy...
Alot of people go about it the wrong way, MAC & crew are a great group of guys to deal with at Superior, maybe like enigmaverse said its in how you approach them if you have any issues, just my 2 cents.
post #15 of 17 Old 09-13-2011, 07:19 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUDDLZ View Post
Alot of people go about it the wrong way, MAC & crew are a great group of guys to deal with at Superior, maybe like enigmaverse said its in how you approach them if you have any issues, just my 2 cents.
Agreed. Plus fellow wheelers. Personally, I've never had to warranty any part from Superior, Ten Factory or Nitro and out of all the people I wheel with, none have ever had issues with any of those shafts. I've been out with crawlers and been out with throttle jockeys. There are also shafts I've seen almost consistently fail, but not made by any of those above mentioned three. Not to say it doesn't happen to anyone ever, but...

As stated before, official policy with a company sometimes is looked over depending on who you talk to. I've gone to bat for customers who have had warranty claims denied for manufacturer problems (even on an occasion or two when they didn't buy from us) and gotten things resolved.
post #16 of 17 Old 09-13-2011, 10:33 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Vick View Post
I've been running TEN's for awhile now with 37's on a heavy as 4 door with zero issues.

Vick
Glad i got 10 Factory shafts when i upgraded in July.

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
post #17 of 17 Old 09-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Granite Guru

I gave up on ShitPerior when they could not fulfill a long standing order. How the hell do you provide replacements when you cant even provide product to a customer. Shit company will do itself in with its own reputation.

ShitPerior

2009 JK Rubicon:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode