Wurx Warning - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 141 Old 08-29-2011, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Wurx Warning

I want to state up front that I really like the look of the Wurx Bumpers. They are striking and I get lots of comments and questions on mine until someone looks close and notices something very important is missing.

Let me give you some background on my experience with Wurx. I ordered and paid for my front and back bumpers on May 31 of this year. I was excited to start the process of customizing my new Rubicon and loved the look and promised functionality of the Wurx bumpers. I ordered and paid an upgrade for powder coating and expected to see them in 10 days or so. On June 9th I got a very nice courtesy call from Mark, the owner (flipmachine), telling me that there was a delay in powder coating one of the bumpers. one was done and looked great, if I would send him my email address he would send me photos. Mark also promised to send me images of a jerry can mount option, I told him I was interested and might add that onto my order. I sent him my contact info 2 times and never saw any images. Between June 9th and June 30th none of my PMs were responded to and I began to be concerned about my order since I had immediately paid up front. The first box arrived on June 30 with a duty charge. I paid and contacted Mark about the duty charges which he blamed on UPS and asked him where the rest of my order was. He told me it had arrived according to his tracking info. I did not open the wrappings (you couldn't call what he shipped them in a box) because I was taking them to a local shop to help me with the installation and wanted to keep the bumper protected. The balance of my order arrived on July 5th along with a threatening letter about additional duty. The letter was from UPS and implied that my employer could be penalized for my non-payment. Although I told Mark about both of these charges and he has told me that I should not have had to pay, he never made arrangements to cover the $60 plus that I had to pay out. I paid for shipping, this could have been taken care of by him properly filling out his paperwork when shipping, again Mark blames this on UPS.

Now that everything was here I took it all in the wrappings to a local body shop that I work with. They have space to set things up and I thought it would be a quick install over lunch - until I unwrapped the bumpers. Every single corner was scrapped down to bare metal. The pattern of the haphazardly placed cardboard and shrink-wrap was embedded into the surface of every piece. There was no padding, no foam, no box, just shrink-wrap and cardboard scraps. Mark blamed all this on the guy he has packing his orders. Additionally the powder coat was drippy and sloppy - it was extremely thick and soft in places. He asked for photos and on July 11 agreed to refund the cost I paid for the powder coat. I had to have the shop sandblast and repaint the bumpers and tire carriers. Unfortunately the powder coat could not be completely removed - I have had to settle for the best finish that could be done under the circumstances. My body shop tells me that the coating was not really powder coat at all. It was more like an epoxy paint of some type, applied pretty sloppily.

To be fair, I gave Mark an incorrect email address so my refund did not arrive as promised. Once I got him the correct info he told me it would take one day to resend the refund. After 5 days I contacted him to no avail. I finally got my refund for the powder coat on July 20th. On that same day I picked up my bumpers. When we unwrapped them originally everything was in a pile of shrink-wrap and cardboard scraps, I did not notice at the time that Mark had neglected to weld on the shackle mounts. I sent Mark a fairly angry PM about the whole mess. He of course blamed me for not noticing his error before painting and installing. I countered by asking why he had not noticed. At this point I wanted him to just pick up the whole mess and give me a refund. He offered to give me a refund to cover the welding and to ship me the brackets after I sent him photos to prove that they were actually missing on July 22. He told me he was traveling out of the country and it would be about a week. I reluctantly agreed. At this point I just want this to be over.

On August 10 I was sent a refund via Paypal, Mark input it incorrectly so Paypal's system assumed that I sold him something so they took out a commission. I let Mark know this and he, of course, did not think it was his fault. He never offered to fix it - so with duty charges and Paypal charges I'm out another $75. No brackets arrived so I sent him a PM on August 18th and he told me he would ship them out again 2-3 day express. On that same day I let Mark know that the latch was incorrectly installed on my tire carrier. It is about 1/4" too far from the hook side and cannot be closed without a lot of effort. The U-bolt will fail in due time. I have been to a dozen hardware stores looking for a longer replacement bolt, so far no luck. Anyway, like I said Mark promised to send them out 2-3 day express and ignored my concern about the latch.

I have contacted Mark 3 times since the 18th and received no reply. On my last PM I told him that today - Monday would mark 90 days since I enthusiastically ordered a bumper from him. I told him that without a reply and confirmation of the brackets shipping that I would post the whole story, that I would report him the the BBB, and would consider any other action possible to get this resolved.

Honestly, my reason for posting is not to beat up Mark, it's to let you know that he does not have any ability to handle the business that he has, that he cannot be trusted to follow through. Like I said at the beginning, my bumpers get lots of looks, these are followed by puzzled looks. Why add a beefy bumper with no recovery points, why isn't it powder coated like the rest of my accessories, ahhh, but it looks really cool. I'll give it to Mark - it's a great looking, albeit non-functional bumper

Last edited by Red Rubi; 08-30-2011 at 08:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 141 Old 08-29-2011, 10:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Cliff's Notes:
-Wurx bumpers: Nice! What, what's missing?
-Buy! Powdercoat problems? Okay. Ttyl.
-Shipped in a bum's fridge box. "Powdercoat" beaten to hell.
-Refunded prep and recoat cost.
-No shackle mounts? WTF, mate?
-Will pay to weld and for brackets. Refund came late. Paypal takes their cut.
-Latch is whack. Will break.
-Stuff not received, bumper looks great but doesn't work.
-Mark can't handle his business.

Rough deal man. Hope it all gets straightened out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #3 of 141 Old 08-30-2011, 12:29 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
Cliff's Notes:

Should've just skipped to the Cliff notes...

Anyway, I'm hoping to see Wurx step up like so many vendors have here on JKO in the past and make this right. I'm contemplating the front for mine and want to see if he's in it for the long haul or if he's gonna be another "one hit wonder" like a few other vendors have been.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 141 Old 08-30-2011, 05:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rubi View Post
Honestly, me reason for posting is not to beat up Mark, it's to let you know that he does not have any ability to handle the business that he has, that he cannot be trusted to follow through.

I had to laugh at this.

Sure did a great job of not beating him up. lol
post #5 of 141 Old 08-30-2011, 05:35 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Cliff's Notes:

Well done! I had read some posts here that implied that a lack of dates and details made for questionable motives. I don't want a lot, just some brackets and did everything I could to give him a chance to make things right. Sorry for the overkill.
post #6 of 141 Old 08-30-2011, 06:39 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Cliff's Notes:

This made me laugh. I want you to Cliff notes my life story.
post #7 of 141 Old 08-30-2011, 06:40 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Well done! I had read some posts here that implied that a lack of dates and details made for questionable motives. I don't want a lot, just some brackets and did everything I could to give him a chance to make things right. Sorry for the overkill.
I was actually about to pull the trigger on one of his front bumpers. I am going to have to talk to him first now.
post #8 of 141 Old 08-30-2011, 07:25 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Anyway, I'm hoping to see Wurx step up like so many vendors have here on JKO in the past and make this right. I'm contemplating the front for mine and want to see if he's in it for the long haul or if he's gonna be another "one hit wonder" like a few other vendors have been.
I'm with you, I want to see what happens because I will buy this front bumper if he can stand behind his product (which seems like he hasn't so far). If it takes 90 days and a public out cry i will not spend money and risk going through the same ordeal.
post #9 of 141 Old 08-30-2011, 07:37 AM
Rock God

Garage

Too many businesses try to sell stuff but when it's time to sell stuff they dont have the time to take care of it...
Having a product on paper does not make a business run for long...
post #10 of 141 Old 08-30-2011, 07:41 AM
Rock God

Holy "Wall of Text" Batman!!! Next time break it up with some pics of boobs or of the damaged bumper. Anywho!

Sorry about the trouble and nice "Dirty Laundry" post!!!

Summary: Wurx sucks and I'm going to tell everyone about all of their mistakes but not blame the owner / manager.

ADD

Last edited by JK-ADD77; 08-30-2011 at 07:44 AM.
post #11 of 141 Old 08-30-2011, 07:47 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Hope you get it worked out brother...

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #12 of 141 Old 08-30-2011, 07:49 AM
Granite Guru

If I have time tonight or tomorrow I am going to give Mark a call. I really like the looks of his bumper and i really would like to replace mine before winter. Obviously wouldnt happen if I had to wait 3 months.
post #13 of 141 Old 08-30-2011, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK-ADD77 View Post
Holy "Wall of Text" Batman!!! Next time break it up with some pics of boobs or of the damaged bumper. Anywho!

Sorry about the trouble and nice "Dirty Laundry" post!!!

Summary: Wurx sucks and I'm going to tell everyone about all of their mistakes but not blame the owner / manager.
LOL - Truly, I find Mark to be likable. On the upside the welding on the fabrication are really well done and the fitment was spot on.
post #14 of 141 Old 08-30-2011, 08:09 AM
Rock God

Quote:
LOL - Truly, I find Mark to be likable. On the upside the welding on the fabrication are really well done and the fitment was spot on.

Understood. If you really want to get something done in a timely manner, I would post this on Pirate. Just cut and paste what you've already written.

ADD

post #15 of 141 Old 08-30-2011, 08:13 AM
Banned

Did you order it directly, or did Jason at Krawl get it for you. Might want to pm him. I think he is a dealer for Wurx.
post #16 of 141 Old 08-30-2011, 08:17 AM
Coonasian

Garage

There is such a huge difference between making a product and selling a product!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW
I love Walmart. Cheap shit, guns, knives, ammo, oil, chemicals, the biggest rubber selection I've ever seen and I always wondered how they could keep their prices so low and pay all the "entertainers" in the stores.

"Everything you never wanted to know about Cockatoos!" :
post #17 of 141 Old 08-30-2011, 08:23 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
There is such a huge difference between making a product and selling a product!
And boom goes the dynamite....spot on, Charile.

To the OP, look at it this way.....you have done many folks on here a favor by being the guinea pig for Wurx. Truth of the matter is that there are some gifted fabricators out there, but as Charlie noted, it is a completely different thing to operate a successful retail business.

Hope it all works out.

Dirty's Minions don't officially exist. They are a myth, a bedtime story, a whispered rumor. They are ghosts.

post #18 of 141 Old 08-30-2011, 08:41 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Bummer, I really like their front bumper! I have been contemplating getting one, but this is making me question that thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #19 of 141 Old 08-30-2011, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
Did you order it directly, or did Jason at Krawl get it for you. Might want to pm him. I think he is a dealer for Wurx.
I did order from Jason. He worked with me until his relationship with Wurx ended. He has been a huge help - he introduced me to this forum so I could find photos to actually see how to assemble it. Mark reduced the price about 2 weeks after I ordered it - blamed the price on Jason - not cool.
post #20 of 141 Old 08-30-2011, 10:26 AM
Banned

Canadians!
post #21 of 141 Old 08-30-2011, 10:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
I did order from Jason. He worked with me until his relationship with Wurx ended. He has been a huge help - he introduced me to this forum so I could find photos to actually see how to assemble it. Mark reduced the price about 2 weeks after I ordered it - blamed the price on Jason - not cool.
Rut Roh. Sounds like Wurx aint uh, ... workin.

Sux about the BS. Hope he gets his shit together soon. Those are pretty cool looking bumpers.

post #22 of 141 Old 08-30-2011, 12:50 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Thank you. I was trying to stay out of this fight. I will not coment on Wurx here or in public about them though. But, I hope we can get this worked out and if there is ANYTHING else we can do on our end, you know how to get ahold of me. We will always return your emails and phone calls!

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #23 of 141 Old 08-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Wheeler

Sorry to hear about this. I hope you get this worked out as I was interested in this bumper also. I hope the dealer comes through and makes it right so I can order one. Otherwise, it might be a PSC bumper for me.
post #24 of 141 Old 08-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Granite Guru

You have got to be kidding! I have bent over backwards to resolve this problem, we sent out the bumpers and the powder coat was scratched, so I sent her money to get it repainted.... after it gets repainted, she tells me that there was no shackle mounts... I was like are you serious? so I tell her ok, I will send you money and mounts to get it painted again and weld on the mounts there instead of sending them all the way and welding them on here. So I have done everything I could of to resolve this... I paid for powder coating twice, sent mounts and paid to get the mounts welded on, I sent her a total of 650$ now keep in mind, a front bumper is 450$ and the backs 700$. So please if you honestly dont think I haven't done everything I can to resolve this, not sure what will make you happy. I do make mistakes and I take the rap for that, my product and my mistake on the mounts, but I tried to do everything I could the fastest I could do it. I do this is as a hobby not to get rich and for the love of jeeps, and I truly believe for the price the product is up there with some of the best. I have said it before that I am sorry for the problems. And to say that the latch doesnt work??? I have sent out alot of rear bumpers with no complaints and fronts for that matter.
post #25 of 141 Old 08-30-2011, 04:53 PM
JKO Addict!

oooooh.....and the plot thickens

Dirty's Minions don't officially exist. They are a myth, a bedtime story, a whispered rumor. They are ghosts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode