Poison Spyder has TERRIBLE customer service!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 Old 07-14-2011, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Poison Spyder has TERRIBLE customer service!!!

Ok so back on 6-17-11 I placed a large order with PSC....Was told that the order would be shipping out the following Monday or Tuesday (6-20 or 6-21).

On 6-23-11 I requested a tracking number from them and received a tracking number

On UPS website it says usual ship time between PSC's zip code and my zip code is three business days.

On 6-28 I still haven't seen anything and I call again, to be told that they are still trying to finish my rockers..........ok no big deal, can you go ahead and ship some of the stuff so i can get started over the long weekend. Was told that it wouldn't make it in time and i said to ship anyway just in case. It showed up 7-1-11

I call on 7-1-11 to thank them for the parts that had arrived and told them i was short my LED's for the front fenders. Sent an email to inquire when the rest of my stuff would be going out. Was told now that they were waiting on a tramp stamp and the tire carrier for my rear bumper and that it would ship out tuesday or wednesday (7-5 or 7-6).

Called on 7-12 because nothing has showed and was told that i would receive a phone call first thing in the morning on 7-13 to verify it would be leaving on 7-13.

7-13 at 1:00 pm central time, no phone call...I call and inquire to if its leaving. yea they are working on your bumper right now it will leave tonight.

7-13 at 5:30 central time, I call back to make sure. Am told yea its shipping, same tracking number i gave you before.

7-14 when i get to work i check to see if the shipment was picked up by UPS, nothing......I call UPS and ask them about it and they say the tracking number is scheduled to be picked up 7-15.

Numerous other phone calls between the listed dates when i asked about the shipment..........

Called today (7-14) at 11:30 central time and talked to them because like posted above UPS said the stuff wasnt scheduled for pickup until Friday. I was assured that no, it would be shipping today......according to UPS it has not been picked up today. Said he called his UPS guy and said they would be coming today

Look the problem isn't the lead time......Its that I was charged the full amount on 6-17 for all the stuff. And every time i have called its been a different excuse on why my stuff wasn't being shipped. And then i have been told on numerous occasions that it had shipped. If its gonna be 2 months then fine, say its gonna be 2 months. Just don't lie to me about it.

That said PSC makes a great product, they just need to work on their customer service.

Last edited by Stigo; 07-14-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 Old 07-14-2011, 06:10 AM
JKO Addict!

I think you woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Your stuff is coming!
post #3 of 56 Old 07-14-2011, 06:17 AM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Massey View Post
I think you woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Your stuff is coming!
Nah, like the guy said, if its going to take 2 months, say that up front. It makes people alot happier. If it were me, i would tell them it would take 3 months, then when it showed up in 2, i would look like the hero. Im not trying to help "dis" Poison, im a fan of their stuff and never had any issues with their service.

corey d
2008 JEEP...

Last edited by STUPIDFACE; 07-14-2011 at 06:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 56 Old 07-14-2011, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

yea supposedly.......its not if its coming or not, its been coming for a month. Its that I was told it was leaving weeks ago, that it was leaving a week ago, that it was leaving yesterday and nothing. I haven't talked to poison spyder yet today seeing as how they aren't open but there is no proof that it leaves friday.
post #5 of 56 Old 07-14-2011, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUPIDFACE View Post
Nah, like the guy said, if its going to take 2 months, say that up front. It makes people alot happier. If it were me, i would tell them it would take 3 months, then when it showed up in 2, i would look like the hero.
agreed
post #6 of 56 Old 07-14-2011, 06:24 AM
JKO Addict!

Sorry I read to fast,,,,Yeah they should have called, and shipped when they were supposed to. I for one have had no problem with PSC.

Just the title had me on guard. Whats up PSC?
post #7 of 56 Old 07-14-2011, 06:27 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUPIDFACE View Post
Nah, like the guy said, if its going to take 2 months, say that up front. It makes people alot happier. If it were me, i would tell them it would take 3 months, then when it showed up in 2, i would look like the hero. Im not trying to help "dis" Poison, im a fan of their stuff and never had any issues with their service.

^^^^This applies across the board. Folks complain about how long it takes to get Shrockworks bumpers ...on two occasions I thought about going this route and called the company. They were honest on both occasions and gave me realistic timeframes of 6 to 8 months out.

My Build Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NE Trail Ride Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #8 of 56 Old 07-14-2011, 06:30 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

You should have called Marcus at River City Offroad and placed the order with him. He would have done all of the middle-man work for you and been dead honest with you about your delivery time. You might have even saved a couple of bucks.

I know it sucks to wait on parts, but PSC's stuff is worth the wait. Agreed though, no company should charge your card until the parts are packed and going out that day.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #9 of 56 Old 07-14-2011, 06:54 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

I agree that vendors should supply a realistic eta on shipping. I also agree that marcus goes out of his way to get you your parts. That being said i love poison spyders stuff! I had a slight issue when i ordered my bumper... Smewhere along the line shackle tabs were forgotten. Luckily i drive a truck and was head down that way, i brought the bumper with, stopped by poison spyder and they welded them on in 15 minutes. Hopefully everything works out for you, and im sure it will.

The rubicon is a 29 km. river in northern Italy. "Crossing the rubicon" is a popular idiom meaning to pass a point of no return. Originating from Ceasaer's 49 BC crossing of the river, which was considered an act of war
post #10 of 56 Old 07-14-2011, 06:57 AM
Rock God

I personally have dealt with PSC customer service once, and I wasnt to impressed with the way it was handled.

On a different occasion other than my bad dealing with their customer service, I ordered a tramp stamp through Marcus and like Mike said, he really did the middle man work for me, but it took awhile to get in my hands, I cant remember the actual time frame but it was a wait, and Marcus was in contact with me everytime he heard something

2010 4-DOOR MOUNTAIN
post #11 of 56 Old 07-14-2011, 07:16 AM
Banned

I have never delt with them personally, but I did get a Brawler Lite from Marcus and a Winch Plate from EAD Offroad, and both were delivered well within the time frame specified.

Mine were small orders. When I got the bumper, it was one of the first out of the shop, and I knew they were in stock.
post #12 of 56 Old 07-14-2011, 07:41 AM
JKO Addict!

Last thing I ordered from them I received it before I even knew it shipped!

Sent via paper airplane

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #13 of 56 Old 07-14-2011, 07:57 AM
Rock God

Chit! Another one! Let me be the first to say.....................................

IBTMFM

ADD

post #14 of 56 Old 07-14-2011, 08:08 AM
Rock God

I would actually rather it be charged at the time I ordered it that way its not weighing on my mind whether or not I have the money in my account. At the same time I can see the validity in your argument as well

Sent via Pony Express

jk-forum, jk-forum.com jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #15 of 56 Old 07-14-2011, 08:11 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Did you ask about the 2dr corners
post #16 of 56 Old 07-14-2011, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
You should have called Marcus at River City Offroad and placed the order with him. He would have done all of the middle-man work for you and been dead honest with you about your delivery time. You might have even saved a couple of bucks.

I know it sucks to wait on parts, but PSC's stuff is worth the wait. Agreed though, no company should charge your card until the parts are packed and going out that day.
Yea im kickin my self in the ass for not doing that in the first place....
post #17 of 56 Old 07-14-2011, 04:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by skummdogg View Post
I agree that vendors should supply a realistic eta on shipping. I also agree that marcus goes out of his way to get you your parts. That being said i love poison spyders stuff! I had a slight issue when i ordered my bumper... Smewhere along the line shackle tabs were forgotten. Luckily i drive a truck and was head down that way, i brought the bumper with, stopped by poison spyder and they welded them on in 15 minutes. Hopefully everything works out for you, and im sure it will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIZZLY47 View Post
I personally have dealt with PSC customer service once, and I wasnt to impressed with the way it was handled.

On a different occasion other than my bad dealing with their customer service, I ordered a tramp stamp through Marcus and like Mike said, he really did the middle man work for me, but it took awhile to get in my hands, I cant remember the actual time frame but it was a wait, and Marcus was in contact with me everytime he heard something
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
I have never delt with them personally, but I did get a Brawler Lite from Marcus and a Winch Plate from EAD Offroad, and both were delivered well within the time frame specified.

Mine were small orders. When I got the bumper, it was one of the first out of the shop, and I knew they were in stock.

^^^^^Hmmm, seems like what were saying is that Marcus rocks!!! RCO for the win!!

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #18 of 56 Old 07-14-2011, 04:57 PM
JKO Addict!

psc direct probablly has more on there hands than they can handle...RCO let Marcus on it... you wont be posting in the DL

Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites
post #19 of 56 Old 07-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Granite Guru

Yes PSC has the worst customer service I've seen. Ordered a front bumper and it came without my front light tabs. Called and emailed Shad and spoke to him about the problem. At first all seemed well and he would fix it. The second call to actually resolve the problem I never heard back from Shad. I emailed and called a total of 6-8 times and never got back up with Shad nor did he return any of my other calls. So Shad and Posion Spyder Customs I am calling you out. You will not get any more money from me until you fix this problem and then still maybe not! So you can contact me, even though I doubt you will, my name is Jeff Turnell.
post #20 of 56 Old 07-14-2011, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85CJ7 View Post
Yes PSC has the worst customer service I've seen. Ordered a front bumper and it came without my front light tabs. Called and emailed Shad and spoke to him about the problem. At first all seemed well and he would fix it. The second call to actually resolve the problem I never heard back from Shad. I emailed and called a total of 6-8 times and never got back up with Shad nor did he return any of my other calls. So Shad and Posion Spyder Customs I am calling you out. You will not get any more money from me until you fix this problem and then still maybe not! So you can contact me, even though I doubt you will, my name is Jeff Turnell.
WOW!!! At least im not the only one......
post #21 of 56 Old 07-14-2011, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Updated original post
post #22 of 56 Old 07-14-2011, 05:49 PM
JKO Addict!

Hmmm

Bryan
Sent from my smoke signals
post #23 of 56 Old 07-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBirish View Post
Did you ask about the 2dr corners
Yeah how about them 2dr. corners??

I'm sure they will take care of everything. My Jeep is loaded with their stuff and I've had no problems with them. Last order, I ended up with 2 rear tube fender hardware install kits and called them up, they shipped out the front kit right away.

Plus, all good things are worth the wait Even though they should just tell you if its gonna be a little while before it all ships out.

2008 2dr. Rubicon Red Rock Crystal Peral
AEM Brute Force CAI: LOTS of PSC stuff: 37" KM2's: 17" Spyderlock's: Currie Anti-Rock: Warn 9.5Ti: Dynatrac PR 44 front housing w/ARB : RCV's : Yukon 5.13's: Viair Onboard Air: custom lift w/ front coilovers: 3.5" front stretch: hydro assist
post #24 of 56 Old 07-14-2011, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

just checked the tracking number and it was picked up today......we will see when it gets here if everything is on it.
post #25 of 56 Old 07-15-2011, 12:48 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Did somebody say 2 door corners

I have an alert set for every time 2 door corners are mentioned.

Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon: Check my garage for details

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode