RCV Warranty - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 07-11-2011, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

RCV Warranty

I bought a set of used RCV shafts and just went wheeling with them for the first time. The driver side is making a lot of clicking noise. I called RCV today to get them warrantied and they told me that the warranty does not transfer owners. General consensus on the forums seems to be that the warranty is tied to the shafts, no matter who owns them. Just thought I would give a heads-up to anyone looking to purchase a used set.

Figured I'd mention that I'm not trying to say anything bad about RCV, just letting people know their warranty policy.

07 X - Flame Red - 6 Speed - 5.13s - 37x12.50 MTR/Ks - ProComp 7069s 17x9
RK 3.5" X-Factor LA - WTOR Hydro Assist - Rubicon Axles F&R - Trussed & HD Brackets
PSC Flares, OR-Fab Front Bumper, Genright Rear Bumper, Poly Sliders w/ PSC Armor

Last edited by axsys; 07-11-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-11-2011, 02:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

That sucks.

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 07-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Rock God

Garage

Same policy as most companies... It does suck but I see why they do it....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 07-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Rock God

Get the original owner to warranty the shafts then. You thought you bought good shafts, so it should be the responsibility of the seller to get you the product you paid for.

08 jk unlimited X
1 ton axles
39.5 Iroks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 11 Old 07-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Rock God

That is how most warrenties work, thats sucks sorry for your luck. I hope you and the seller can get it fixed but that's what happens when you buy used parts it's not new you never know how much life is left in it. " so it should be the responsibility of the seller to get you the product you paid for" he did get what he paid for a used axle, I don't believe that the seller has any responsibility here.

post #6 of 11 Old 07-11-2011, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

I am not putting any responsibility on the seller, we were both under the impression that the warranty would transfer. I guess we were both wrong.

RK 3.5" X-Factor LA - WTOR Hydro Assist - Rubicon Axles F&R - Trussed & HD Brackets
PSC Flares, OR-Fab Front Bumper, Genright Rear Bumper, Poly Sliders w/ PSC Armor
post #7 of 11 Old 07-12-2011, 05:05 AM
Granite Guru

The clicking is a known issue that came about on the early models..... They have since fixed the issue. We went through 3 sets ourselves.

Suprised to hear they wont work with you, they have been nothing but great in the customer service field. Did you come right out and say you bought them second hand?
post #8 of 11 Old 07-12-2011, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGOTKERN View Post
The clicking is a known issue that came about on the early models..... They have since fixed the issue. We went through 3 sets ourselves.

Suprised to hear they wont work with you, they have been nothing but great in the customer service field. Did you come right out and say you bought them second hand?
Yep, I told them right away. I even asked if I could have the original purchaser send them and they said it would still be void. On the upside, they said they would inspect them, adjust anything if needed, and ship them back, all for free. However if anything is broken I would have to pay for the new parts.

post #9 of 11 Old 07-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by axsys View Post
Yep, I told them right away. I even asked if I could have the original purchaser send them and they said it would still be void. On the upside, they said they would inspect them, adjust anything if needed, and ship them back, all for free. However if anything is broken I would have to pay for the new parts.
Yeah... I wouldnt have started the conversation that you bought them used..... my understanding (and I'm not a tech guy) from what I was told by others is that the cage expands and causes the issue (noise). To be honest as good of a company that RCV is I'd be suprised if they charge you anything even if some parts are needed. Good Luck!
post #10 of 11 Old 07-12-2011, 10:29 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by axsys View Post
That sounds pretty cool of them, as the second owner. Unfortunately, as many have said, that is how most warranties work. You cannot assume it will transfer, as most don't.

But hey, the cost to you will probably be minimal, if any....and you still have a set of pretty damn good shafts that you will still be ahead on, even after the repairs.

I, too, am assuming, though......

Dirty's Minions don't officially exist. They are a myth, a bedtime story, a whispered rumor. They are ghosts.

post #11 of 11 Old 08-31-2011, 03:55 PM
Granite Guru

This post reminds me of this:

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7452...c-the-customer

Buy new parts next time.

Jeep Jumps, Nemesis Rocks, Hutchinson Shimmies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode