Teraflex 1251002 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By TeraFlex
  • 1 Post By JeepingGreen

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 07-09-2011, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Teraflex 1251002

I just purchased Teraflex kit # 1251002 from Desert Rat in Tucson on 7/7/11, and I can say; I am extremely disappointed. First of all, I didn’t even get the correct instructions with my kit. Second the kit is missing pieces, the track bar bracket, spacer, u-bolt, just to name a few. Additionally, I have shock # 553100 and 554100, but according to the installation instructions I downloaded, I should have 553200 and 554200. The shocks that should be with the kit have more travel and higher compression. Obviously I got the wrong shocks and a kit with missing parts

As this is my first purchase with Teraflex, and I am not sure there will be another one, is this a common thing with the company. The package is labeled correctly, but it looks like whoever packaged it, really didn’t care about anything.

I have my 33 KM2s mounted and ready to be installed, on Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, but I have to put the lift kit on first. Additionally, I have my Shrockworks rails and front stubby due in soon…. My project is being held up by a who-cares packing boy at Teraflex….

Ok…. Done with that, I have read several positive views on Teraflex…. Has what I described happened to anyone else, or I am just the lucky one?

Also, I am not sure if I will give Teraflex another chance, how about some good recommendations on a lift kit? Nothing too extreme, 3 maybe 4 inches at most, the Jeep is still my daily driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 07-09-2011, 01:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

Hey look another satisfied customer, told y'all tf quality went to shit. Same issues and I also got some fucked up springs to where I had a 1 and 5/8ths lean. Getting it warranties was a fucking joke, after all sorts of back and fourth crap I had to buy a complete new set of springs to install and ship the old ones back for them to check and decide to warranty??? Wtf the Jk was 2 months old and there wasn't a lean before. Yes they warranted It but fighting to get the missing parts that I needed and then the spring issue. Fuck tereflex! Yes Joe is a great guy but the guys that sign his paychecs put him in a shit ass role. I hope that he is heavily compensated!!!

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 24 Old 07-09-2011, 05:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Have you contacted TF about this? From my experiences, TF is a stand up company and will make it right.

rob4607's experiences are well documented, but I believe he's the exception and not the rule.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 07-09-2011, 05:45 PM
JKO Addict!

I've never had any problems with Teraflex quality or customer service.
They make some beefy products that can take a beating.

My only complaint is they won't send me a free silver windshield banner for my Jeep. hint hint mr. teraflex rep

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Gecko
3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor
40x13.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers / 17" Fuel Hostage
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite / Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
Poison Spyder RockBrawler w/ Tire Carrier

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
and yet... canada still sucks worse

we'd make fun of your prime minister if we could... unfortunately nobody's ever heard of him!
post #5 of 24 Old 07-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Rock God

Garage

I've had a few issues with teraflex parts.

1. My rear upper long arms were contacting my frame at full stuff. One year and 17k miles after I bought the kit, I called Joe. He informed me they had a few bad sets of upper arms that were improperly bent. He 2 day priority sent me a new set, no charge, and didn't want the bad ones back.

2. Had a front 9550 shock that started making noises. Joe sent me a new one no questions asked, and included a bunch of stickers and a key chain.

3. My front monster track bar was making some funny bushing noises. Guess what? Yep, Joe sent me a new one, no charge, and I still have the old one laying here.

I understand parts have issues. But it's how companies handle these issues that make them better than the next company.

Proud to be One of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001-2010.

Semper Fi
post #6 of 24 Old 07-10-2011, 06:40 AM
Granite Guru

Hey! Welcome to JKO. Awesome first post buddy!

Few questions though...

Did you call "Desert Rat" regarding your purchase?
They should've been your first stop for any issues.

How about Teraflex? did you contact them before coming on here and bitching about them?
Everyone can make mistakes, its what they do to correct them which makes a good company.
post #7 of 24 Old 07-11-2011, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

I contacted Teraflex immediately... no response as of yet.

I contacted and returned the part to Desert Rat.

I opted to give Teraflex another try, since I have read so many positive things on them.

My question within my post, perhaps you missed it… was this a common thing with Teraflex? I understand a company making it right, but if the company consistently has to make it right, then I would question the company.

I was also looking for other recommendations on lift kits, just in case I elected not to give Teraflex another chance.

I guess I will know more on Thursday…
post #8 of 24 Old 07-11-2011, 02:59 AM
Rock God

Thumbs up

I would be taking this up with Desert Rat they sent and sold you the kit!
I had a extended front bump stop go bad I called Terra Flex and the shipped them out to me fast and free! I like the stuff and stand behind them!! Than I had some bushing go bad and talked to them than they shipped them out to me fast and free again! Stuff happens but they stand behind and back up there stuff!!!

07 JKU, To see my mods & Jeep in Action @

CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s

Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.
post #9 of 24 Old 07-11-2011, 07:36 AM
JKO Addict!

I know a lot of people who are completely satisfied with their TF lifts. You should at least try to get this situation resolved before coming on here and bitching about it.

What did Desert Rat say? Did they repackage the kit? Was it drop-shipped?

Let's just wait and see what DR and TF have to say before you go screaming "I'm gonna buy another lift!"

Dirty's Minions don't officially exist. They are a myth, a bedtime story, a whispered rumor. They are ghosts.

post #10 of 24 Old 07-11-2011, 07:38 AM
Granite Guru

Things happen. This isn't common with Teraflex. I've been pleased with everything I've bought from them (Trackbar, 2.5" coil lift, Rear LCAs).

An FYI, you can still put your 33's on. They don't need the 2.5" lift you ordered to fit.

2007 Rescue Green 2-door
A few mods here and there
post #11 of 24 Old 07-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney5300 View Post
I just purchased Teraflex kit # 1251002 from Desert Rat in Tucson on 7/7/11, and I can say; I am extremely disappointed. First of all, I didn’t even get the correct instructions with my kit. Second the kit is missing pieces, the track bar bracket, spacer, u-bolt, just to name a few. Additionally, I have shock # 553100 and 554100, but according to the installation instructions I downloaded, I should have 553200 and 554200. The shocks that should be with the kit have more travel and higher compression. Obviously I got the wrong shocks and a kit with missing parts

As this is my first purchase with Teraflex, and I am not sure there will be another one, is this a common thing with the company. The package is labeled correctly, but it looks like whoever packaged it, really didn’t care about anything.

I have my 33 KM2s mounted and ready to be installed, on Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, but I have to put the lift kit on first. Additionally, I have my Shrockworks rails and front stubby due in soon…. My project is being held up by a who-cares packing boy at Teraflex….

Ok…. Done with that, I have read several positive views on Teraflex…. Has what I described happened to anyone else, or I am just the lucky one?

Also, I am not sure if I will give Teraflex another chance, how about some good recommendations on a lift kit? Nothing too extreme, 3 maybe 4 inches at most, the Jeep is still my daily driver.
Sounds like you got a older kit that has been sitting on Desert Rat's shelve for some time. The first 2.5" kits used the #1954202 trackbar bracket and not the current #1954776 bracket. Being that the instructions are stating that you need the #553200 and #554200 shocks, those are the shocks that came with the kits when first released, they are 3-4" shocks. Now the current kit use #553100 and #554100 shocks for 2.5".

Quote:
I contacted Teraflex immediately... no response as of yet.
Email sent Saturday, July 09, 2011 7:55 AM, sorry no one is here on saturday.

801-713-3314
post #12 of 24 Old 07-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacabb View Post
I've never had any problems with Teraflex quality or customer service.
They make some beefy products that can take a beating.

My only complaint is they won't send me a free silver windshield banner for my Jeep. hint hint mr. teraflex rep
PM me your name and address.
libordemise likes this.

801-713-3314
post #13 of 24 Old 07-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
I know a lot of people who are completely satisfied with their TF lifts. You should at least try to get this situation resolved before coming on here and bitching about it.

What did Desert Rat say? Did they repackage the kit? Was it drop-shipped?

Let's just wait and see what DR and TF have to say before you go screaming "I'm gonna buy another lift!"
Thank you. Sounds like this customer was sold a older version of our kit and not the current version.

801-713-3314
post #14 of 24 Old 07-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Granite Guru

I would like to add I have ran the older version for over a year, several hard wheeling trips, and 30k miles of road use and have absolutely ZERO complaints about it.

2007 Rescue Green 2-door
A few mods here and there
post #15 of 24 Old 07-11-2011, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the information.

The kit wasn’t that old, originally shipped from Teraflex 10/2010. An older bracket would have been fine…. The issue…there was no bracket. Teraflex called me today, and I should have my replacement kit on Wednesday or Thursday through Desert Rat.

I have installed several lift kits on other vehicles, but this is my first Jeep. When the kit calls for part # 123, that is the part you need to install or you could end up with a drivability issue like rob4607. As long as you have installed the correct part, it sounds like Teraflex backs its products well.

BTW…The differences in the two shocks were length and compression. Everybody knows what happens if you install the incorrect ones. If you don’t… perhaps a physics lesson is warranted.

It seems like I was just the lucky recipient of a bad day. I am looking forward to the installation day, and building up my JK.

I would like to thank all the responses, and I will update when I get the new kit. I will also provide pics when it is done.
post #16 of 24 Old 07-11-2011, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgkjeep View Post
Things happen. This isn't common with Teraflex. I've been pleased with everything I've bought from them (Trackbar, 2.5" coil lift, Rear LCAs).

An FYI, you can still put your 33's on. They don't need the 2.5" lift you ordered to fit.
Thanks for the information and your thoughts on TF.

BTW, I bolted my 33s on without the lift, and then took them off. It looked ok.... but not as good as it will with the lift on. Thanks for the info.
post #17 of 24 Old 07-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Rock God

Hey Teraflex good to see you posting up on the forum.

Makes me feel good about the 4" LCG long arm I have sitting in my room.
post #18 of 24 Old 07-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Thanks for all the information.

The kit wasn’t that old, originally shipped from Teraflex 10/2010. An older bracket would have been fine…. The issue…there was no bracket. Teraflex called me today, and I should have my replacement kit on Wednesday or Thursday through Desert Rat.
Glad everything was straighten out. When a kit has been sitting around for almost 9 months at any vendor, it's not uncommon for parts to go missing.

801-713-3314
post #19 of 24 Old 08-01-2011, 12:23 AM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

All the Tera gear that I've had over the years has been really high quality.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #20 of 24 Old 08-12-2011, 10:08 AM
JKO Addict!

My experiences with Teraflex have been very positive. Stand up company, stand up guys. Give Joe Thompson a call & give 'em a chance to put it all right.

FWIW, and just my personal POV here, you're always better off ordering from the manufacturer than a third party. You may pay a bit more, but you'l get their latest stuff and great tech support.
post #21 of 24 Old 11-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Rock God

Garage

Sorry to open an old thread - I was just curious on how this kit is performing? My buddy is looking at this exact kit from TF (getting close to buying it). Just wondering if you got everything straightened out and how the general ride is??

~JG

post #22 of 24 Old 11-28-2011, 11:35 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Your inquiry will be much better received if you post a new thread under Modified Tech.

Marcus

post #23 of 24 Old 11-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
Your inquiry will be much better received if you post a new thread under Modified Tech.

Marcus
Actually, I'll then get people saying "Why don't you do a search before you post!? There are tons of threads already on this topic."...

Anyway, I thought I would first try this thread first - particularily because it started out as a bad experience for someone and I'm quite interested in hearing how that experience is going..

If I get nothing back here, I'll search a bit deeper and then if needed, start a new thread..
libordemise likes this.

post #24 of 24 Old 11-28-2011, 12:46 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepingGreen View Post
Actually, I'll then get people saying "Why don't you do a search before you post!? There are tons of threads already on this topic."...

Anyway, I thought I would first try this thread first - particularily because it started out as a bad experience for someone and I'm quite interested in hearing how that experience is going..

If I get nothing back here, I'll search a bit deeper and then if needed, start a new thread..
We'll be easy on you, promise Since Stoney-onetime hasn't been back since July I doubt you'll get an update

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode