FUCK YOU chrysler XJ engineers - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 07-06-2011, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

FUCK YOU chrysler XJ engineers

I mean seriously. What the fuck! why would you put 2 E12 bolts at the top of the engine/trans where there isn't enough room for ANYTHING other than a regular box end wrench. So basically impossible to get the ratchet in straight at the bolts!

And fuck you engineers for designing heads that like to crack on 00/01 XJ's so that unsuspecting people wonder "huh i wonder why my coolant is low again" as their oil fills with antifreeze and cuts into the bearings.

AND FUCK YOU asshat jeep people online who said "ya a 10 mm 12 point box end is what you want to take those out" Uh, BULLSHIT. Do you guys know what a 10 mm 12 point box end wrench does to an E12 bolt? YUP, you guessed it!!! makes it round! even a mechanic at a local off road shop was like "ya 12 point 10 mm"... unreal

i'm not sure how well you guys can see this. But this is after i've pulled all the accessories and the engine brackets for the mounts and the motor is sitting on the front axle.

Tomorrow night the grinder is coming out. It would have come out tonight but it's still at nick's

31 jeeps in... still have issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 07-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

You need a universal elbo on that socket

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #3 of 29 Old 07-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Banned

Sounds like someone needs a hug.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 Old 07-06-2011, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
You need a universal elbo on that socket

Jason
yup, and 16-24" of extension lol.

it was all over once i listened to the asshats on some of the forums and tossed a 10mm 12 point on it. after that they were screwed.

post #5 of 29 Old 07-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

awwwww Internet forums

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #6 of 29 Old 07-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Rock God

If this is where I think it is my friend pulled a transmission bellhousing from an XJ and used a u-joint and a shitload of extensions to get at it. He said it was a complete PITA.

If this isn't where I think it is... it looks like a total PITA.

jk-forum, jk-forum.com jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #7 of 29 Old 07-06-2011, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysJK View Post
If this is where I think it is my friend pulled a transmission bellhousing from an XJ and used a u-joint and a shitload of extensions to get at it. He said it was a complete PITA.

If this isn't where I think it is... it looks like a total PITA.

they only put them one place... the top 2 bolts. they put them on TJ's like this too but it's way easier to get at.

The grinder comes out tomorrow. that motor is coming out.

post #8 of 29 Old 07-06-2011, 09:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Thats what happens when you get people designing shit that have never worked on a vehicle of any sort. They don't think "mmm..what if someone has to remove these?" That or they have complete and utter confidence in their products, so much so that they think it will never fail.

post #9 of 29 Old 07-07-2011, 04:42 AM
JKO Addict!

Drop the rear trans mount, tilt the motor back and get it with a long extension (I think mine is 36"). Thats a childs-play bolt in BMW land lol

Someone told you to put a 12point on an E-Torx? What a fuck-tard, shoulda known better then that! I have E-torx gear wrenches that'd probably get that sucker as well. I'd probably do the rear trans mount deal, try to hammer on a E12 socket and impact it off (have E-torx sockets with a universal built on). Or put the flats of a 12mm open end wrench on it and smack it with a hammer since it's already rounding..

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.

Last edited by Goodysgotacuda; 07-07-2011 at 04:47 AM.
post #10 of 29 Old 07-07-2011, 06:32 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
Someone told you to put a 12point on an E-Torx? What a fuck-tard, shoulda known better then that! I have E-torx gear wrenches that'd probably get that sucker as well. ..
I wasn't sure what it was since i couldn't see it very well. Just feel it. so i googled it real quick and posted on FB and everyone was like "ya it's just a 12 point" aaaaannnnnddddddd it wasn't.

They'll be out tonight... it's on

post #11 of 29 Old 07-07-2011, 06:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Yeah fuck-tard here, I used a 12 point 10mm or crappy 3/8 socket with lots of extensions on my MJ when I changed the clutch. I got lucky and didn't even scar the screw head.

Sorry for your misfortune Ryan, it'll all work out

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #12 of 29 Old 07-07-2011, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
Yeah fuck-tard here, I used a 12 point 10mm or crappy 3/8 socket with lots of extensions on my MJ when I changed the clutch. I got lucky and didn't even scar the screw head.

Sorry for your misfortune Ryan, it'll all work out
LOL it's all good. I was just frustrated last night. NOTHING was working...

power tools will be involved tonight... I'm ready to be done messing around with this thing. I just want to get the new motor in it and get it going so wifey can stop driving the truck and so we have something to haul the dogs/baby in

post #13 of 29 Old 07-07-2011, 07:42 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
I wasn't sure what it was since i couldn't see it very well. Just feel it. so i googled it real quick and posted on FB and everyone was like "ya it's just a 12 point" aaaaannnnnddddddd it wasn't.

They'll be out tonight... it's on
You might get lucky with the open end wrench if you haven't tried it. Smack it with something, likely a steady torque won't get it to turn before rounding.

| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

post #14 of 29 Old 07-07-2011, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
You might get lucky with the open end wrench if you haven't tried it. Smack it with something, likely a steady torque won't get it to turn before rounding.
I had no luck with that. i tried though.

Thanks for the suggestion

post #15 of 29 Old 07-07-2011, 09:58 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
I had no luck with that. i tried though.

Thanks for the suggestion
Can't really tell how badly the points are rounded off. Can you get to it with your socket and extensions now? As a last resort before cutting you could always try various 12 point 3/8 and 10mm sockets. If you have some high and low quality ones, might find one that fits good.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #16 of 29 Old 07-07-2011, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
Can't really tell how badly the points are rounded off. Can you get to it with your socket and extensions now? As a last resort before cutting you could always try various 12 point 3/8 and 10mm sockets. If you have some high and low quality ones, might find one that fits good.
Maybe. Problem is by myself I can't see to get the socket on the end

post #17 of 29 Old 07-07-2011, 10:42 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Maybe. Problem is by myself I can't see to get the socket on the end
Amelia can help! She's got small hands!
post #18 of 29 Old 07-07-2011, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenFoo View Post
Amelia can help! She's got small hands!
and smells a bit like cabbage...

post #19 of 29 Old 07-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Owl
Wheeler

Oh lord..................real bad memories..............

...my back hurts.............
post #20 of 29 Old 07-07-2011, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

That bitch is out!

post #21 of 29 Old 07-07-2011, 08:00 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

I know you kicked the crap out of it when it was finally out! LOL!

I laughed about this this morning...awesome post!

Marcus

post #22 of 29 Old 07-08-2011, 05:38 AM
JKO Addict!

You know those upper bellhousing bolts are an e12. Don't use a 12 point socket on it or it'll strip and you will have to cut it out. Knew a guy that had to do that! What a jackass!

Sent via paper airplane

post #23 of 29 Old 07-08-2011, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
You know those upper bellhousing bolts are an e12. Don't use a 12 point socket on it or it'll strip and you will have to cut it out. Knew a guy that had to do that! What a jackass!

Sent via paper airplane
ya, he never should have listened to advice on the internet

he also almost learned the hard way that you should really pull the rad in an XJ when you swap the motor...

now i remember why i usually only work on wranglers/cj's/willys/etc lol

post #24 of 29 Old 07-25-2011, 12:41 AM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

So how did you end up getting it out? Me - I'd blast

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #25 of 29 Old 07-25-2011, 04:50 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
So how did you end up getting it out? Me - I'd blast
I cut the bolt heads off. The new motor is in and just about ready to go. I just have to bolt a few accessories on. I just haven't had much time with the baby and all. I'm hoping to drive it tonight so I can pull it out and pull the Jk in for it's tear down

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode