ignored but hd customs - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 Old 05-26-2011, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

ignored but hd customs

so i have been trying to get hold of someone at HD Customs to find out how to buy the Switchblade rear bumper and tire carrier. i pm'd them 5 days ago as well as 2 days ago and emailed them on their website. No reply. Has anyone had this problem before or are the shut down. thanks for the replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 Old 05-26-2011, 06:37 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Hi and Welcome to JKO!

Well, he has a post in the JK Products News (https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52282), he is a small company and works quite hard. It will probably let you know why you haven't heard anything.

I would try calling him.

Many JKOers has his products, so just keep trying.

Good Luck.

River City Offroad
Metal Cloak
post #3 of 49 Old 05-26-2011, 06:57 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
so i have been trying to get hold of someone at HD Customs to find out how to buy the Switchblade rear bumper and tire carrier. i pm'd them 5 days ago as well as 2 days ago and emailed them on their website. No reply. Has anyone had this problem before or are the shut down. thanks for the replies.
Great first post. Thanks for buying the red star.

HD Customs makes great stuff and are worth the wait.

Welcome to JKO.

Be well now, and always.

Guinness

Rest In Peace Guinness. You will never be forgotten. My brother and my best friend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 49 Old 05-26-2011, 07:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Like many fabrication shops, they're small operations with only a few or just one lone person running the show.

Like what was said already, you best shot at reaching Jarrett quickly may be giving him a call.

I know when I was considering his bumpers last year I called and got right through to him.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 49 Old 05-26-2011, 08:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

Yeah is really a one man show and made a post a few days ago of the fact. he may be on vacation with the family or something along those lines with the holiday weekend. I have corresponded with him over the past two months for the front bumper though I have been out of touch with him as I've been working so much overtime I didn't want to bother him at night when I get off. Very very nice guy by the way!

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 49 Old 05-26-2011, 10:02 PM
Granite Guru

First post and in dirty laundry, what's up with that.
post #7 of 49 Old 05-26-2011, 10:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocoastfocus View Post
He got the red star hookup on day one. He is good to go in my book.

To the OP - as has been stated already... they make kick ass stuff but are swamped. Try giving him a call.

More info.
https://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52282
post #8 of 49 Old 05-27-2011, 04:19 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RonGilbert View Post
He got the red star hookup on day one. He is good to go in my book.

To the OP - as has been stated already... they make kick ass stuff but are swamped. Try giving him a call.

More info.
https://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52282
^^^^ *nod*

post #9 of 49 Old 05-27-2011, 10:01 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocoastfocus View Post
And if it was in general discussion u probably would have said it's posted in the wrong place...

The rubicon is a 29 km. river in northern Italy. "Crossing the rubicon" is a popular idiom meaning to pass a point of no return. Originating from Ceasaer's 49 BC crossing of the river, which was considered an act of war
post #10 of 49 Old 05-27-2011, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

thanks for all the replies guys, i will try giving him a call. i was just bummed cause i see all the good comments on his bumpers and i want it thanks again. oh and on the red star i gotten more advice on here than it costs really worth it had to do it.
post #11 of 49 Old 05-27-2011, 09:32 PM

He's a great guy and makes beautiful stuff however it's a small operation with attention to detail and not attention to a call center. Keep trying, he'll get back to you.
post #12 of 49 Old 05-27-2011, 09:35 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
....oh and on the red star i gotten more advice on here than it costs really worth it had to do it.

Hope you get everything taken care of soon.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #13 of 49 Old 06-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Rock God

Garage

He does not spend time on the computer... He runs a one man shop and is not easy to reach because he may not hear the phone. Call leave a message and if he doesn't call you back don't be surprised just call again. He has a great product and it is worth the wait and a little hassle reaching him.
I got lucky because I just drove up to get mine
post #14 of 49 Old 06-16-2011, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
He does not spend time on the computer... He runs a one man shop and is not easy to reach because he may not hear the phone. Call leave a message and if he doesn't call you back don't be surprised just call again. He has a great product and it is worth the wait and a little hassle reaching him.
I got lucky because I just drove up to get mine

Yea it might be worth that to some people but not me. No big deal plenty of other people selling quality products that do answer the phone. Or emails. I'm big on if you want me to by your stuff then I need to talk to you to order it. Just a small request. No worries but I did finally get a returned email and price sheet and don't know if I read it right but it was going to cost like 2000 for the rear bumper and that's just to much for me. No worries though but It does surprise me that guys will pays Their hard earned money for something that you can't get any customer service. Sorry but with those prices you can hire someone if your that busy.
Sent via the iPhone interwebs

When i see the flag i think we the people not you the goverment.
post #15 of 49 Old 06-18-2011, 07:22 AM
Wheeler

I agree wholeheartly with Drifter!

Respects,

Richard

Cat, the other white meat!!
post #16 of 49 Old 06-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Granite Guru

Y'all are nuts!
Jarrett isn't running a F-150 assembly line.
Then again, I am super picky about what goes on my rig. I'm going for a distinct look, and the bumper has has to meet my function requirements.
I knew it's what I wanted as soon as I seen it. Called Jarrett and talked to him for about an hour the first time. He builds High Quality Products and bends over backwards to make sure the customer is happy.
I got a call from Jarrett today letting me know mine was finished and getting shipped out. Haha, can't wait!

2008 RUBICON 2DR
TERAFLEX 3" Full FlexArm Lift
JKS ACOS Adjustable Coil Spacers (5.5" Total)
FOX 2.0 Resivour Shocks
20"x10" Rockathon Beadlocks
39.5x16.50R20 Pitbull Rocker Bias Ply
Total Height 83.25"
post #17 of 49 Old 07-01-2011, 12:44 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUOFFRDGA View Post
I got a call from Jarrett today letting me know mine was finished and getting shipped out. Haha, can't wait!
thats horrible customer service!!
post #18 of 49 Old 07-01-2011, 04:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Y'all are nuts!
Jarrett isn't running a F-150 assembly line.
Then again, I am super picky about what goes on my rig. I'm going for a distinct look, and the bumper has has to meet my function requirements.
I knew it's what I wanted as soon as I seen it. Called Jarrett and talked to him for about an hour the first time. He builds High Quality Products and bends over backwards to make sure the customer is happy.
Then why bitch about the buttfucking

Bryan
Sent from my smoke signals
post #19 of 49 Old 07-01-2011, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
congrats, first bumper he finished in 6 months, that one man shop is really working out. btw you could have bought 3 bumpers for the cost of your super strength wind up toy. i hope its worth 2 grand to lower your tire. haha
post #20 of 49 Old 07-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
congrats, first bumper he finished in 6 months, that one man shop is really working out. btw you could have bought 3 bumpers for the cost of your super strength wind up toy. i hope its worth 2 grand to lower your tire. haha
SNAP!

The rubicon is a 29 km. river in northern Italy. "Crossing the rubicon" is a popular idiom meaning to pass a point of no return. Originating from Ceasaer's 49 BC crossing of the river, which was considered an act of war
post #21 of 49 Old 07-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Dude, get over it. If you don't like his stuff, don't like his prices and don't like his customer service, then go someplace else. He's a small shop and puts out quality stuff. His attention to detail (possibly OCD) prevents him from trusting too many people to help with assembly/welding so he does it himself. This means less volume and less time to answer calls and such. Less volume means higher prices to survive. If you don't want to pay it, then buy something else. People like his stuff and will pay that price for it. It's well worth it and I would if I could afford to. His quality is second to none. There are other quality products out there, but none that are near as good as his. Go get whatever else you want and leave the guy alone to run his business.

Ron
post #22 of 49 Old 07-02-2011, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy D View Post
Dude, get over it. If you don't like his stuff, don't like his prices and don't like his customer service, then go someplace else. He's a small shop and puts out quality stuff. His attention to detail (possibly OCD) prevents him from trusting too many people to help with assembly/welding so he does it himself. This means less volume and less time to answer calls and such. Less volume means higher prices to survive. If you don't want to pay it, then buy something else. People like his stuff and will pay that price for it. It's well worth it and I would if I could afford to. His quality is second to none. There are other quality products out there, but none that are near as good as his. Go get whatever else you want and leave the guy alone to run his business.
I am over it DUDE. Just replying to posts directed to me. Your right there are lots of others to buy from. As explained by everyone else in this forum. They should make your post a form post and you could just insert it whenever someone doesn't like the prices of a company. YES we are allowed to bitch as much as we want. That's why I joined and pay for my membership here instead of other places

post #23 of 49 Old 07-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
You should talk out of your ass about something you know just a little more about so you don't look like a complete fool. Good luck with your stamped out bumper from another company and have fun with the same thing as everyone else. I could give a rats ass if you have a red star or not.
post #24 of 49 Old 07-03-2011, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
You should talk out of your ass about something you know just a little more about so you don't look like a complete fool. Good luck with your stamped out bumper from another company and have fun with the same thing as everyone else. I could give a rats ass if you have a red star or not.
Will do thanks.

post #25 of 49 Old 07-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Granite Guru

Lookie What Came Today!
No Cardboard Box For UPS To Kick Around

2008 RUBICON 2DR
TERAFLEX 3" Full FlexArm Lift
JKS ACOS Adjustable Coil Spacers (5.5" Total)
FOX 2.0 Resivour Shocks
20"x10" Rockathon Beadlocks
39.5x16.50R20 Pitbull Rocker Bias Ply
Total Height 83.25"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode