Dear chrysler service rep - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 05-24-2011, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Dear chrysler service rep

Dear Service Rep,
I understand that you are only doing your job by calling me to remind me that that my 08 JK has three safety related recalls. Please forgive me for sounding a little put out with you but:

A. I don't have a factory front tow bar so I am not worried about it falling off. In fact I don't have a factory front bumper because it has been replaced by a PSC BFH.

B. My inner fender liners don't rub. I fixed that problem when I installed my PSC fenders.

C. A "hot oil" light is not really a fix....Would you like to cover the cost of my parts and labor to install a aftermarket cooler.

I understand you are trying to reduce your liability that having design errors causes.

In the end it is still my choice....please don't call me again.

Thanks,
Jay

Yep that sums up the conversation that I just had....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-24-2011, 11:50 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to paramaniac

sounds like you were a lot more polite to them than i would have been...

usually when i have to talk to a service rep it ends with me cussing them out for being such dicks and denying warranty claims for an issue with a fuel line because i have big tires....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 05-24-2011, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

i guess I was semi nice because it was not like I was there dealing with a problem. In fact it was a corporate service rep that called out of the blue. the only time it has been to the dealer was two weeks after we bought it when the fuel pump went out.

I don't know. It agitated me but it was not like it was the woman's fault that called. She was just doing her job.

She was polite, it was just annoying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Rock God

I've been cussing them all day today. The header bar on my soft top warped just like Chrysler new it would based on thier TSB. I took it in and they wanted $120 to diagnose what was causing the wind noise even after I told them it was a warped header bar and gave them the TSB numbers. After practically twisting his arm to give a price to fix it should they determin it was caused by the header bar, he told me it would be $460! The part is available online for $90 and by all posts it looks like it's a max 45 minute job.
post #5 of 8 Old 06-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramaniac View Post

usually when i have to talk to a service rep it ends with me cussing them out for being such dicks and denying warranty claims for an issue with a fuel line because i have big tires....
Nothing shocks me anymore with these ass hats!!!! But it seams if you have big tires they will void anything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 2 door sport, 6 speed,Dark Charcoal Pearl
post #6 of 8 Old 06-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Wheeler

Relax to much bitching

WANTED:::::Full Doors (4)...Also Willing to trade my half doors
post #7 of 8 Old 06-01-2011, 08:02 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

got my stack of recalls, no rubbing fender liners and an aftermarket cooler too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caljeep View Post
Relax to much bitching
service rep?

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #8 of 8 Old 06-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramaniac View Post

Fucked up fuel line... warranty work... denied?

..URK... Familiar Homicidal Urge

....RISING.....

My favorite is when the lie right to your face about having to drop the transmission to complete the repair, then they DONT DROP THE TRANS, but they are nice enough to fuck up your swaybar discos. If I go back to Sport again, it may be to beat a dumbass with my newly bent disco link until I straighten it back out with their skull.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode