Realistic ETA's on parts - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 65 Old 04-26-2011, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Realistic ETA's on parts

Edit: PSC has contacted me and my bumper is on its way. Dusty even took the time to send me a picture of it being loaded on the truck. Thanks Dusty for stepping up getting the situation resolved.

Why is it so hard for a manufacturer to give you a realistic time frame in which you can expect your part. I understand if the part is going to take a while to make just tell me that in advance. Don't tell me I can expect it to ship in a week and then not ship it for 6 weeks and never bother to contact me and tell me there is a delay.

Last edited by spedly; 04-27-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 Old 04-26-2011, 07:29 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spedly View Post
Why is it so hard for a manufacturer to give you a realistic time frame in which you can expect your part. I understand if the part is going to take a while to make just tell me that in advance. Don't tell me I can expect it to ship in a week and then not ship it for 6 weeks and never bother to contact me and tell me there is a delay.
I feel you brother man.

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 65 Old 04-26-2011, 07:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
I feel you brother man.

Marcus
Me too

Marc

2007 2 door Rubicon ROCK KRAWLER - POYL PERFORMANCE - RIVER RAIDER - POISON SPYDER - BILSTIEN - PITBULL - ACE - SMITTYBILT - BLACK ROCK - SUPERCHIPS - SPIDERWEB SHADES

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 65 Old 04-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Rock God

yeah i know how you feel... seems like almost all of them do that.. not all, but almost... i dont understand it.. makes me crazy
post #5 of 65 Old 04-27-2011, 06:29 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

This is why I have a list of vendors that I won't do business with.

07 Rubi rescue Green
"The previous explanation is based on my historically bad memory of a conglomeration of past experiences and conversations. The opinions above probably have some kernel of truth to them but the details are most likely flawed on some level. Please acquire further help from experts before listening to anything I say."
post #6 of 65 Old 04-27-2011, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

The vendor that I've been dealing with is a pretty big vendor on this site and everyone always praises them so I thought I would be ok. I dealt with them years ago and had a crappy experience, but supposedly the company was all turned around with the new owners. I should have stuck with my gut and got something else.
post #7 of 65 Old 04-27-2011, 07:08 AM
Granite Guru

I'd rather have that than have the guy who tells you it is "shipping tomorrow" every time you are able to get ahold of him. I would rather be in the dark than lied to.

I feel you though, I hate BOTH situations.
post #8 of 65 Old 04-27-2011, 07:13 AM
Wheeler

We feel your pain too! I have a list of manufacturers/distributors that won't be getting Christmas cards from us. We like to keep our customers informed, and don't like it when our suppliers give us info on shipping timeframes which we pass on to our customers, and the dates turn out to be bad info and we look like the bad guys...

Poison Spyder|Teraflex|Rugged Ridge|Nemesis Industries|Rock Krawler|MetalCloak|Genright|Rigid Industries and MUCH more!
Call 678-459-4364 or
Find us on
post #9 of 65 Old 04-27-2011, 07:19 AM
Breaker of nice things

Garage

I've been there too. Usually, I just sic a "Marcus" on them. That seems to help out a lot.
post #10 of 65 Old 04-27-2011, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin4979 View Post
I've been there too. Usually, I just sic a "Marcus" on them. That seems to help out a lot.
I've got Jason from Krawloff-road on them since it is difficult for me to get to a phone during their business hours. If it wasn't for him I would have probably canceled my order by now out of frustration.
post #11 of 65 Old 04-27-2011, 08:10 AM
Rock God

I think a lot of people here know my frustration with certain ones. It finally got straightened out, but it was a long painful headache. Bad thing is, I can kind of expect this on some imported stuff, but when it's stateside production... Blah.
post #12 of 65 Old 04-27-2011, 08:21 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
I've got Jason from Krawloff-road on them since it is difficult for me to get to a phone during their business hours. If it wasn't for him I would have probably canceled my order by now out of frustration.
Its always nice when you can lean on someone else for info. It makes it extremely frustrating when the we are given bad information to pass on. Some of them seem to think they can hide behind the vendors and make us look like the asshole.

Not cool man, not cool.

Good luck with your situation!

Marcus

Sent from my cellular communication device.

post #13 of 65 Old 04-27-2011, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONNYDL View Post
I'd rather have that than have the guy who tells you it is "shipping tomorrow" every time you are able to get ahold of him. I would rather be in the dark than lied to.

I feel you though, I hate BOTH situations.
Well its kind of like the "its shipping tomorrow" situation

-When I ordered(3/14)- I was told : Turnaround is about a week at this point.

-2 weeks later(3/29)- when I e-mailed to see if it shipped: yours is next you should have it in 10-14 days

-2 more weeks(4/13)- jason at Krawl called them to see if it actually shipped-we are making it now it will go out by the end of the week

-almost 2 more weeks(4/26)- I got a new computer and your order was in the old one. "I can't find it, but I'll ship it out today".

I'm doubt it shipped, but I bet they know exactly which bank account they have over $1000 of my money in.
post #14 of 65 Old 04-27-2011, 09:05 AM
Rock God

yeah most of them want you money up front also.. then you wait wait wait ... it would be one thing if you didn't get charged till it shipped but not many of them are like that... thats why i started ordering parts a couple months before i would need them... but even then I'm still waiting..
post #15 of 65 Old 04-27-2011, 09:07 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Shame on you..... You should know your only important until your credit card payment clears......
post #16 of 65 Old 04-27-2011, 10:18 AM
Coonasian

Garage

I have found that complaining on this site seems to get the ball rolling! LOL
post #17 of 65 Old 04-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Banned

I might have an Idea who this issue is with, but if you would please, let us know. There maybe others having the same issue!
post #18 of 65 Old 04-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
I have found that complaining on this site seems to get the ball rolling! LOL
Yes some vendors just need to be "poked" a little bit!

post #19 of 65 Old 04-27-2011, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
I might have an Idea who this issue is with, but if you would please, let us know. There maybe others having the same issue!
Poison Spyder. And I know there are others that are having the same issue as myself.

I understand i ordered a newish product and there will be a wait, but I don't appreciate them telling me what they think I want to hear vs the truth.
post #20 of 65 Old 04-27-2011, 11:02 AM
JKO Addict!

I've always seen Poison Spyder be very up front with things, at least what I've seen and my own experiences with them. What part did you order?

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #21 of 65 Old 04-27-2011, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Rock Brawler rear bumper with tire carrier.

Larry has always come across as a stand up guy from what I have seen on the different forums. I believe they got a new sales person recently and that is where most of the problem is coming from combined with the high demand they probably have since everyone is getting their tax money back. Like I said I'm not upset about the wait time even though it is starting to get excessive IMO. I'm more bummed out about how it has been handled up to this point. Maybe this thread will bring the situation up to someone higher up at the company whom was unaware of the problems beforehand. That way they can work to correct them.
post #22 of 65 Old 04-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by block View Post
yeah most of them want you money up front also.. then you wait wait wait ... it would be one thing if you didn't get charged till it shipped but not many of them are like that... thats why i started ordering parts a couple months before i would need them... but even then I'm still waiting..
That's part of why we don't actually charge cards up front. We authorize, but don't actually charge until it ships.

Quote:
Rock Brawler rear bumper with tire carrier.

Larry has always come across as a stand up guy from what I have seen on the different forums. I believe they got a new sales person recently and that is where most of the problem is coming from combined with the high demand they probably have since everyone is getting their tax money back. Like I said I'm not upset about the wait time even though it is starting to get excessive IMO. I'm more bummed out about how it has been handled up to this point. Maybe this thread will bring the situation up to someone higher up at the company whom was unaware of the problems beforehand. That way they can work to correct them.
They do have a new guy. I'm sure that moving to their new facility didn't help matters for a period of time, but being in a bigger place now with more room to work with and having more people will help keep wait times in the future down. PSC is growing and probably experiencing the growing pains that goes along with it, but everything I've seen from them indicates that they're trying to have a more controlled growth in limiting what they offer in terms of products than screwing up like that of a company that has a ton of products in the works and is putting them all on the market all at once and getting totally overwhelmed and failing because they can't meet the demands of production. So yeah, bottom line, I would blame this delay more on the move and all that has gone along with it lately (including new staff) than as an indication of how they would normally do business.

I'm not on the inside other than the fact we're one of their dealers... There are PSC guys on the board that I'm sure will address this at some point, but just giving my observations.
post #23 of 65 Old 04-27-2011, 11:40 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I am too waiting on Rock Brawler Rear, I actually PM'd Spedly about his last week.

I have put Marcus on it, who has gone over the top with trying to figure this out for me.

I PM'd Larry too about this and got a response back.

Expectation management is all I wanted.

They had delays with their vendors that Marcus had to keep asking about.

Was told mine was waiting to ship/shipped for 3 weeks (on the dock now according to Larry and said a truck will be there to pick it up).

Ordered 3/1 through Marcus.

Will wait to see what the end of the day brings.

River City Offroad
Metal Cloak

Last edited by EMG006; 04-27-2011 at 12:09 PM. Reason: add details from PM with Larry
post #24 of 65 Old 04-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Banned

All I can say is I got my PSC Brawler Lite in less than a week from Marcus, but that was around Christmas time. I know they were busy with KOH and Rikki's build plus a move to a new building, so maybe that has set them back a few.

I can tell you it will be worth the wait though! Be patient, I am sure they will work it out
post #25 of 65 Old 04-27-2011, 12:00 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
We will do WHAT it take to keep our customers happy on our end. We feel real bad about this taking so long. If I could go to PSC and ship it myself I would! We also pass along what shipping info we get, good or bad! We are not here to sugar coat anything. We are a honest company, that is what we were built on! So, thank you once again Steven for working with us on this and I will call 100 times a day till this is shipped if I have to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
Its always nice when you can lean on someone else for info. It makes it extremely frustrating when the we are given bad information to pass on. Some of them seem to think they can hide behind the vendors and make us look like the asshole.

Not cool man, not cool.

Good luck with your situation!

Marcus

Sent from my cellular communication device.

Yup! Agreed. Not saying PSC has done this here but when we tell or customers what we are told about there order and then it don't happen, makes us look bad!

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode