Vendor ripoffs? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 04-24-2011, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Coonasian

Garage
Vendor ripoffs?

I just put together a three item order from one of our vendors. The last item was a $24 small plastic six pack cooler that attaches to the cage with velcro. The shipping went up $11 dollars. Oh well! I then added a $14 ball cap and the shipping increased by another $11. Do these people expect us to just pay ridiculous fees like that. My order ended up being for $234 with $37 for shipping.

I'm not going to name any names but it starts with a "Q". Sponsor vendor or not, I'll move on!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 04-24-2011, 11:32 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Gee... who could that be?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 29 Old 04-24-2011, 11:49 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
"Q".
Everyone knows that they charge an arm and a leg for shipping. It's a price-based scale and then there's the surcharges. Free shipping FTW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadratec
Order Total Shipping
Up to $10.00 $2.99
$10.01 to $20.00 $4.99
$20.01 - $30.00 $7.99
$30.01-$50.00 $9.99
$50.01-$80.00 $13.99
$80.01-$100.00 $16.99
$100.01-$125.00 $22.99
$125.01-$200.00 $25.99
$200.01-$300.00 $36.99
$300.01-$400.00 $46.99
$400.01-$500.00 $56.99
Over $500.00 $59.99

UPS Additional Handling Charges
Hitches & Bumpers $9.99
Tire Carriers & Cargo Racks $14.99
Winches $19.99
Suspension Lift Kits $24.99
Tires Up to 31" $15.00
Tires 32" to 33" $20.00
Tires 34" to 35" $25.00
Tires 36" Up $30.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 Old 04-24-2011, 12:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Amazon I find almost everything If vendors don't play ball that is!

Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites
post #5 of 29 Old 04-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to D5Fire

That reminds me of Bestbuy. I was ordering something for my Grandfathers birthday, a couple sets of different western dvd's. when I went to check out they had it set up where each item was charged shipping, as opposed to the whole box that it would have came in. I went on the little live chat thing they have and questioned this policy and upon receiving an unsatisfactory answer i took my business to Amazon. Not saying its right but thats just the way some places are.

Fortis cadere, cedere non potest

Poison Spyder BFH w/ trail stinger, custom rear BFH, crusher flares, rocker knockers, evap skid, hood louver. Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel, Teraflex rear tire carrier, River Raider cowl snorkel,Warn VR 10,000 lbs winch, sPod, Rigid 50"SR.
post #6 of 29 Old 04-24-2011, 12:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to paramaniac

That's why I'm glad I live 30 minutes from the vendor in Question!

I call to make sure my item is at the local warehouse and they always try to get me to have it shipped. I laugh and show up a few minutes later. I save on shipping and get a jeep ride out of it!

Sent by carrier pigeon

post #7 of 29 Old 04-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Shipping is how most of the vendors can offer silly low prices! I agree with price based shipping...,makes sense.

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #8 of 29 Old 04-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Rock God

Garage

FWIW. I found out a while ago that you can push for free shipping from qtec if you place an order during day hours and on the phone. The day guys are commission and can give it to you whereas the after-hours people are salaried and make the same if they write your sale or not.

And priced based shipping is not a good policy. You should get cut a better rate for spending more not penalized.
post #9 of 29 Old 04-24-2011, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Coonasian

Garage

I do plan to call them during business hours tomorrow and see what they say. If they are adamant, I'll scratch them off my list. I've already bought quite a few things there so it is a poor way to reward good customers.

No, Jason, vendors do not offer "silly low prices". Anything with a Jeep association is going to be expensive, stupidly expensive. I have Corvettes and the same thing applies. Hobbyists put up with ridiculous pricing and write it off as the cost of an expensive hobby. Some people just reach their limits or refuse to particpate at some level. Let's see, did I spell "Airpark E Sales" right?
post #10 of 29 Old 04-24-2011, 03:48 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
I do plan to call them during business hours tomorrow and see what they say. If they are adamant, I'll scratch them off my list. I've already bought quite a few things there so it is a poor way to reward good customers.

No, Jason, vendors do not offer "silly low prices". Anything with a Jeep association is going to be expensive, stupidly expensive. I have Corvettes and the same thing applies. Hobbyists put up with ridiculous pricing and write it off as the cost of an expensive hobby. Some people just reach their limits or refuse to particpate at some level. Let's see, did I spell "Airpark E Sales" right?
I do! LOL

I was using that term and its relative to market value of the product, not too many parts on a Jeep are CHEAP

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #11 of 29 Old 04-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
Shipping is how most of the vendors can offer silly low prices! I agree with price based shipping...,makes sense.

Jason
Jason just wondering how price based shipping makes sense when the shipping companies charge mainly by weight?
post #12 of 29 Old 04-24-2011, 06:56 PM
Breaker of nice things

Garage

If you just PM the Q-tec rep here, he usually throws a discount on whatever you're buying AND gives free shipping. He's given me some ridiculous deals on things lately...
post #13 of 29 Old 04-24-2011, 07:08 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnyDave View Post
Jason just wondering how price based shipping makes sense when the shipping companies charge mainly by weight?
I have little experience in this area, lately I have gained some due to my parts guys being understaffed to handle forums. Shipping is based off weight in most cases. I have had recently a few cases where the item weighed 10lbs but the box was huge and cost us $58 to ship. Its not always based on weight but also mass.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #14 of 29 Old 04-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Rock God

Garage

I've run into this with a few companies. It makes sense for the vendor because what they lose in heavy items they make up for in lighter items. Most will work with you if you call. I had a MyGig the one of the Mopar dealers wanted $150 to ship, I called and they knocked it down to $25.

Joe -
-
-
-
post #15 of 29 Old 04-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaverse View Post
I've run into this with a few companies. It makes sense for the vendor because what they lose in heavy items they make up for in lighter items. Most will work with you if you call. I had a MyGig the one of the Mopar dealers wanted $150 to ship, I called and they knocked it down to $25.
Wow thats crazy! Ebay is the king of under pricing items and jacking shipping rates up through the moon! If you look hard enough you can still find good deals out there and on shipping.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #16 of 29 Old 04-24-2011, 07:27 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramaniac View Post

I call to make sure my item is at the local warehouse and they always try to get me to have it shipped. I laugh and show up a few minutes later. I save on shipping and get a jeep ride out of it!

Sent by carrier pigeon
X2. Its wonderful being so close. God bless the "Q" vendor and their customer pick up window!

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #17 of 29 Old 04-24-2011, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Coonasian

Garage

Thanks, Merlin, I'll try a PM to the rep!
post #18 of 29 Old 04-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Wheeler

Garage

I've ordered from the vendor in question, but they're always good enough to price match. Most of the things I've found on Amazon inclludes shipping, and then I'll call for a price match inc. shipping and they always do. Painless, and I feel better about the overall cost.
post #19 of 29 Old 04-25-2011, 11:08 AM
JKowners Vendor

We base shipping off product weight - and for giggles shipping is free on 90% of our products when the order subtotal is over $200.
post #20 of 29 Old 04-25-2011, 12:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Pm bustabizz at 4wd hardware... I haven't paid for shipping in a few years lol. No tax too since its out of state

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #21 of 29 Old 04-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:

Sent by carrier pigeon
Really shakes em up when you call from the parking lot.

post #22 of 29 Old 04-25-2011, 01:34 PM
JKowners Vendor

Web based shipping is a PAIN! So, we run free shipping on a ton of our stuff. But, for the really good deals, bypass our site and PM us here or email us. Then, I can set prices at about anything! Build that helps takeaway some of that shopping pain!

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #23 of 29 Old 04-25-2011, 01:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:

Sent by carrier pigeon
But then you pay tax and gas. Doesn't it even out in the end?

Quote:
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #24 of 29 Old 04-25-2011, 03:18 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
Pm bustabizz at 4wd hardware... I haven't paid for shipping in a few years lol. No tax too since its out of state
x2... Bryan is awesome.

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Gecko
3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor
40x13.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers / 17" Fuel Hostage
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite / Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
Poison Spyder RockBrawler w/ Tire Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
and yet... canada still sucks worse

we'd make fun of your prime minister if we could... unfortunately nobody's ever heard of him!
post #25 of 29 Old 04-25-2011, 05:05 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to paramaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
But then you pay tax and gas. Doesn't it even out in the end?
Not even close! Their shipping prices are way high... Plus, I'd be driving around burning up gas anyway! Lol

Sent by carrier pigeon

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode