Rock Krawler Response to "Dirty Laundry" Threads - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 Old 04-07-2011, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Rock Krawler Response to "Dirty Laundry" Threads

In response to the Dirty Laundry posts regarding us, as you can see from this post (https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46718) , when it is a clear issue, we certainly do not take our responsibilities lightly. If it is our issue we step up and take care of it 110%. We are going to make mistakes as is anyone, so we hope to handle that to the best of our ability, learn from it, not make the mistake again and move on. With all the new employees in the building, we do our best to turn orders around and not make mistakes there either.

In this instance (https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49298) we should have just pulled the order and done the investigation as to why. This is very typical of what we do when something sounds out of character. We do not play the blame game. We are looking for cause and effect. We want to know why. We want the customer to know why to minimize the likelihood of it happening again. This is the first time we have ever heard of this gentleman's situation so now we have added an internal SOP to cover it. We were in no way shape or form trying to "blame" this customer. We could care less about the cost of 4 bushings. We just want to know why or how so he could go back to enjoying his rig.

We think you fill find that 99.9% of the posts on this forum and any other forum in favor of our customer service. The reason is simple. We truly care about our customers and are passionate about what we do! Sometimes the passion for what we do drives our discussions to get "heated" . Each and everyday we are learning, evaluating and moving forward with everything we do. Customer service will be no different.

There really are no gray areas in our warranty. Even in the instance of when a customer has threads get ruined over time if the jam nuts were loose and the proper thread preload was not applied, we will typically simply charge them cost of goods, replace their part, try to educate them as to the "why" so they can make sure it never happens again. Some people might not like that, but the rules of threading are very clear from a manufacturer's stand point. The use of go - no go gauges makes it simple. Threads in mechanical situations are very similar to a light switch. If they are bad, they will be bad right from the beginning. We all bare responsibility for our vehicles setup and maintenance! We do our best to educate and have even posted in favor of other manufacturer's who had a related issue on the forum.

We may win some customers and loose some customers with our policies, but no matter what we will stand behind them, our products, and our customers. This is where we are going to leave it.

Rock Krawler Suspension.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 04-07-2011, 11:47 AM
JKowners Vendor

Jeremy,
We happily sell your suspension systems out here on the West Coast (aka best coast) because we know the parts will arrive on time and complete.

Looking forward to many more years of Rock Krawler and rock crawling!

Cheers,
Bond
post #3 of 41 Old 04-07-2011, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Bond

Thanks for the support. We know you are fibbing when it comes to our order turn around right now, but we have a larger fascility being built and alot of new equipment on order to fill the new building. Our new R and D fascility will be sweet. We can't even setup our new high end shock dyno here because we are out of room...

RK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 Old 04-07-2011, 12:03 PM
JKO Addict!

My $.02........

You had a problem with the design of your shock bushings/bar pin. You admitted to it, you listened to your customers (and we did speak up as we always do), and you made it right (at least with me and everyone else I have heard about).

<--------Satisfied Customer

United States Army 1997-Present

When a life or death decision must be made in seconds.....the police are only a minute away.
post #5 of 41 Old 04-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Rock God

Order turn around may be a little slow, but I am happy to wait for your products. I have several friends running your products, and currently what looks like a stock pile of rock krawler parts in my extra bedroom. I will continue to buy your products from marcus, and actually just purchased the tombstone mount last night from him. If people want to ell me I am drinking the rock krawler koolaid, or a rock krawler nut swinger than so be. Thanks, can't wait to have your products on my jeep and test out the RRD coilovers.

08 jk unlimited X
1 ton axles
39.5 Iroks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 41 Old 04-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Rock God

Garage

I'm a satisfied customer

I applaud the fact that you have the patience to put up with us, in the sense that someone can post up a problem and all most bad mouth your company and you try, if not succeed, in explaining what IS or MIGHT be the problem. Again, Thank You.

Now,
Blue Waffles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchlayer View Post
I sometimes miss 70's bush
post #7 of 41 Old 04-07-2011, 02:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Not a customer YET.
Other than the piddly little shit complaints I have seen on here, the only complaint I have heard about your product is that it is noisy.
If I wanted quiet I would have bought a caddy.

Ill have a RK lift eventually.
post #8 of 41 Old 04-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Garage

Good post RK... but not really necessary.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #9 of 41 Old 04-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Rock God

Good response! In my experience with your customer service (questions being answered, product delivery, the RRD shock issue) you guys are great.
I must admit I don't usually read these Dirty Laundry threads too closely, on this forum and several other forums, because so many turn into sh*t storms like the one cited above. I really hate it when people get on and post negative things about a company and it turns out they never even contacted the company to attempt to resolve the issue. And then there is the "pile on" where some one may have an issue, then suddenly 20 people who never mentioned it before suddenly realize they have been horribly mistreated too.
I think your reputation is fine and well deserved. There are by far more of us posting up our positive experiences with your company and product than negative. As long as that remains true anyone researching you on the forums will come away with a positive impression of you and your products.

Davesrb

Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel, + upper control arms:RRD remote reservoir shocks:Teraflex Speed Bumps:Poison Spyder bumpers, fenders, and rockers: Gen Right tire carrier: Rigid duallies, 20 and 50 bars, fogs: Trucklites: Off Road Hero's Top: Genesis Off Road dual battery kit:
post #10 of 41 Old 04-07-2011, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Sir. They certainly should not be noisey unless a component is loose or something has not been maintained..

RK
post #11 of 41 Old 04-07-2011, 03:45 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I know I wouldn't hesitate to buy a set of your RRD shocks over the Bilstein 5100s. I think you all need to have a buy 3 get 1 sale like bilstein. I'd be the first in line.

Nice to see a company responding to issues in a timely and proper manner. Keep up the good work RK!

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #12 of 41 Old 04-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Rock God

Where is my damn TIE ROD!!?? I ordered it 3 days ago and it is still not here. Thats it, I'm going to mod a tj tie rod and use that

You guys have warrantied parts on my lift that wasn't even your fault. Hell, I even told you it wasn't and you still warrantied it. I will sing your praises high and low on customer service. Plus the quality and performane of parts is awesome. I had to let my daughter wreck my jeep to break something, I call to buy it and you send me the shit for free! Love me some RK

I have a jeep and it goes over shit.
post #13 of 41 Old 04-07-2011, 07:58 PM
JKO Addict!

i've been very pleased with RK's customer service in the past

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33411

but just because a company has good customer service doesn't mean you can't post about a component failure AFTER contacting the company via phone to let them know.

that thread became a gigantic clusterfuck, in the end people thought that there was just bitching going on because an 8 dollar part failed, but really it wasn't about having to spend 24 bucks for new bushings. it was just about how long the part lasted. Then it became more complicated than that. someone called RK and telling them parts were installed incorrectly, which led to accusations that was fairly insulting, only to have them call again later and tell them they were mistaken and it was another person.

bottom line is there's nothing wrong with people posting about failures of parts. RK seems to be trying to make it right, even warrentying that 8 dollar part that shouldn't be. But that doesn't mean that when parts fail they shouldn't be talked about. "piddly shit" or not.

31 jeeps in... still have issues

Last edited by 2k2wranglerx; 04-07-2011 at 08:21 PM.
post #14 of 41 Old 04-08-2011, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

This post might have been a little over the top, but I felt we needed to clear the air as well as learn from our mistakes...

In all honesty, I think the only thing that set me off was the fact that within 5 minutes of the OP hanging up the phone with Chris here, he blasted us on the forum. It has all been worked out and alot of it did get stupid. It is over now.

If there is an issue for anyone that feels needs further investigation and one of my team does not give you an answer you like or feel is fair, give us a call and ask for me! If I am around I will make sure it gets looked into properly.

Jeremy
post #15 of 41 Old 04-08-2011, 10:26 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
This post might have been a little over the top, but I felt we needed to clear the air as well as learn from our mistakes...

In all honesty, I think the only thing that set me off was the fact that within 5 minutes of the OP hanging up the phone with Chris here, he blasted us on the forum. It has all been worked out and alot of it did get stupid. It is over now.

If there is an issue for anyone that feels needs further investigation and one of my team does not give you an answer you like or feel is fair, give us a call and ask for me! If I am around I will make sure it gets looked into properly.

Jeremy

Not trying to beat a dead horse here but At least he DID call before he posted, unlike some threads on here blasting companies for parts without ever contacting them. He did his due diligence, called, gore his reply, and simply passed along what happened... He wasnt asking for further investigation, he simply said he wasnt satisfied with he product. I hardly see this as "blasting" the company:

Quote:

Im usually not one to bitch, but.....
We went out wheeling this weekend and at the end of the day I heard a clunking sounds from the rear of the jeep, after further evaluation I noticed the rear axle was moving like crazy when I got on and off the gas....
luckily I towed the jk out to rausch, first time for that. When we got back to the hotel I pulled the lower rock krawler lower control arm, the sleeve inside the bushing fell out as soon as I pulled the bolt out

Anyway, I called rock krawler today to get them warranted, and they said there is no warranty for them and charged me 24$ for 2. Now I Don't care about that 24$ I'm just jacked that the control arms are about 10 months old and they didn't last a year. And when they failed in that time frame they wouldn't replace them under warranty.
I wont buy control arms from rock krawler again
As consumers we shouldn't be afraid to post our opinions and experiences with different products.

Last edited by 2k2wranglerx; 04-08-2011 at 10:31 AM.
post #16 of 41 Old 04-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Banned

I had a minor fitment issue with my trackbar (misalignment spacers that my dumbass mistook for bushings) when installing my RK 2.5" Stock Mod kit late last month. One misalignment spacer was slightly smaller than the other pn the passenger side of the trackbar - it was designed for another model and had been added to mine in error. Simple human error. Shit happens.

Rather than immediately posting a "Screw these guys" thread in DL, I contacted RK via PM here to give them a heads up about the issue to see what we could figure out for a solution. Sure, I was shitting my pants because I didn't know how serious an issue it would be since this was my first major install on the Jeep & I didn't know whether or not my Jeep would immeediately explode into a ball of fire if I tried driving more than 10 feet using the stock trackbar in place while waiting on the replacement part.

The RK rep who got back to me quickly educated me on the difference between a misalignment spacer and a bushing based on the pic I (eventually) provided, & sent a new part out so fast I swore it was airdropped onto my porch by a low-flying plane coming straight from their factory.

So they not only took care of the issue I had, they did it FAST FAST, and they took a second or two to educate me as a consumer in the process.

The only way RK could possibly make me a more satisfied customer is if they design a lift kit that pulls off all the old parts and installs itself.

post #17 of 41 Old 04-08-2011, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Sir

It certainly warrants further investigation and any company that cares about their products would want to do so to try to help the customer out for his/her future. To us, this is an closed case at this point. When he gets his new bushings we asked him to cycle his suspension and check them out. Obviously we have some concerns. This is the first instance of a what we would concider premature bushing wear. Who knows. Maybe he got (4) bad bushings out of the 50 some odd thousand we sent out last year. Those are pretty heavy odds. Anything is possible. Good luck with your continued build process. Hopefully this takes care of his issue.

RK
post #18 of 41 Old 04-08-2011, 10:51 AM
JKO Addict!

They've always been great to deal with. Hence the link to the praise I posted 8 months ago...

I think the issue we had was perception. The customers perception was he was just passing along an experience of what happened after he had already contacted rk BEFORE posting (just like your pm but with a phone call) and wasn't happy about the response.

Rk's perception was that he was blasting the company...

Your perception may vary... It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
I had a minor fitment issue with my trackbar (misalignment spacers that my dumbass mistook for bushings) when installing my RK 2.5" Stock Mod kit late last month. One misalignment spacer was slightly smaller than the other pn the passenger side of the trackbar - it was designed for another model and had been added to mine in error. Simple human error. Shit happens.

Rather than immediately posting a "Screw these guys" thread in DL, I contacted RK via PM here to give them a heads up about the issue to see what we could figure out for a solution. Sure, I was shitting my pants because I didn't know how serious an issue it would be since this was my first major install on the Jeep & I didn't know whether or not my Jeep would immeediately explode into a ball of fire if I tried driving more than 10 feet using the stock trackbar in place while waiting on the replacement part.

The RK rep who got back to me quickly educated me on the difference between a misalignment spacer and a bushing based on the pic I (eventually) provided, & sent a new part out so fast I swore it was airdropped onto my porch by a low-flying plane coming straight from their factory.

So they not only took care of the issue I had, they did it FAST FAST, and they took a second or two to educate me as a consumer in the process.

The only way RK could possibly make me a more satisfied customer is if they design a lift kit that pulls off all the old parts and installs itself.

post #19 of 41 Old 04-08-2011, 10:53 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
Sir

It certainly warrants further investigation and any company that cares about their products would want to do so to try to help the customer out for his/her future. To us, this is an closed case at this point. When he gets his new bushings we asked him to cycle his suspension and check them out. Obviously we have some concerns. This is the first instance of a what we would concider premature bushing wear. Who knows. Maybe he got (4) bad bushings out of the 50 some odd thousand we sent out last year. Those are pretty heavy odds. Anything is possible. Good luck with your continued build process. Hopefully this takes care of his issue.

RK
Once the bushings get here well put it up on the rack and send you pics galore. We just haven't had time. It's still sitting on my road muddy and packed from the last wheeling trip.

post #20 of 41 Old 04-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
Once the bushings get here well put it up on the rack and send you pics galore. We just haven't had time. It's still sitting on my road muddy and packed from the last wheeling trip.
The bushings should arrive tomorrow, rock krawler informed me today that they had not been shipped and were shipped out today.
at that point we will install and post pics
I am also awaiting a promised apology from rock krawlers former 4wd hardware employee control arm inspector.
I was never out for free parts here I was just disappointed the control arm bushing failed so quickly. also to clarify it was one bushing that failed, I ordered one as a trail spare so I don't get stranded.

I phoned rock krawler at 1:53pm on monday and posted the thread at 2:43pm
what is the proper time frame between calling customer service and posting a dirty laundry thread.

95 Hemi YJ on Treps with a ton of cool custom work

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
post #21 of 41 Old 04-08-2011, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Jeepnick

You will have 2 sets of bushings and 2 sleeves tommorrow. You have your tracking number. Again, we apologize for taking someone else's info regarding your build if they were incorrect as well as not pulling your buddies order for you. Again, we are looking for cause and effect! Sorry we are showing concern for a bushing failure even if you only have a few of our parts in your rig. To us, we just want to know why. Enough of us beating a dead horse here.

Rock Krawler
post #22 of 41 Old 04-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Granite Guru

RK, you guys are top of the line in customer service. I've called you guys so many times with everything from "What lift is best for me?" to "What trails you gonna run at EJS" and every time I get all my questions answered. I have not yet had the honor of breaking any of your parts but I'm quite sure that you guys would take care of me then too.

Side rant: Its time for you guys to start spreading your wings and creating more high quality products for the JK (bumpers, fenders, roll cages, skid plates, chrome accessories, etc)

2007 Sahara 2dr, 3.5" RK X Factor Plus Long Arm, Dana 44 Rubicon front axle w/locker, Dana 44 Rear, Poison Spyder BFH w/stinger, Poison Spyder fenders F&R, Poison Spyder Rocker Knocker, 37" Pitbull Rockers Bias Ply, 17x9 Spyderlocks, 1350 Drive shafts, Hard Rock 4x4 Rear bumper w/tire carrier & gas can mounts, Poly Pro front axle tube, Poison Spyder evap skid. Upcoming: RR Snorkel, Skid plates
post #23 of 41 Old 04-08-2011, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Thanks. We have our line of bumpers coming out! But by in large we are a chassis engineering house. Not to mention, there are good people out there that we are friends with in the industry that we do not wish to compete with. For example, Larry from PSC, Kenny from RR, and the guys over at ORF. That is just not our gig.. Our business model is focused around Suspension. Pure Performance is our truck brand of Suspension and Ride - F-X is our soon to be released sports car line.

If the vehicle can be modified and made to be fun, we will play with it. My heart is in Off-Road, but some of the guys here are real car nuts! It is all good in my book.

Jeremy
post #24 of 41 Old 04-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Rock God

Send a message via AIM to NYJKGUY

all i know is that i had an issue with my RK tie rod the guys over there explaind the problem and helped me get it fixed. thanks Jeremy the new tie rod is so much lighter im up and running again

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeatenPath View Post
i dont really want to look at filthy girls anyway
post #25 of 41 Old 04-08-2011, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

We do our best! Sometimes we make mistakes. Have a good weekend all..

Rock Krawler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode