Paypal blows!!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 03-08-2011, 05:45 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Paypal blows!!!!

Well i know this is not a secret to many of you. Palpal sucks big huge ass donkey balls. I recently bought something and Paypal decided that i needed to be charged 7 more times for it. WTF!!!! I have been using paypal going on 9 years now without an issue so i guess it was my turn.

www.jeepasylum.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 03-08-2011, 05:48 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Holy crap that sucks. Since mine is tied to a bank account I use solely for paypal transactions there would be major bouncage.

Hope it gets straightened out quickly.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #3 of 21 Old 03-08-2011, 05:49 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
Holy crap that sucks. Since mine is tied to a bank account I use solely for paypal transactions there would be major bouncage.

Hope it gets straightened out quickly.
Yeah mine is tied to my bank acct as well and i was super pissed when i checked the balance this morning.....

www.jeepasylum.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 03-08-2011, 05:49 AM
Rock God

Garage

DUDE, I agree 10,000,000 F'in percent. I wish the hell Lance (or anybody else) would not do Paypal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtual_mage View Post
.....a dark forum, were people would sometimes be rude but yet be helpful.
JK 2dr rubi

post #5 of 21 Old 03-08-2011, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Well im more pissed at the fact that they told me they need 3-4 days to lookinto it......

www.jeepasylum.com
post #6 of 21 Old 03-08-2011, 07:15 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Call your bank Dirty...they should be able to fix the issue faster than PayPal.

Were you able to get someone on the phone at PayPal?

I do alot of business with PayPal, it's a necessary evil in most cases. If you think I can help in any way I'm happy to.

Marcus

post #7 of 21 Old 03-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Banned

LOL - I hear ya. I bounced funds off my account and they decided that it would be appropriate to place a 21day hold on all incoming funds before they release them for me to use.

Should make this $400 shirt order I'll be collecting for a ton of fun.

post #8 of 21 Old 03-08-2011, 07:35 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Yeah the bank is taking care of me and it was flagged. It just pisses me off because i always brag about how i have had awesome dealings with paypal....... No phone contact just got some generic eamil response......

www.jeepasylum.com
post #9 of 21 Old 03-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Rock God

So in total you got charged 8 times? Wow!...Anyways Dirty, heres some advice that could have solved this problem before it happened: When buying something online, don't change the quantity to 8 and you won't be charged 8 times......

My JKO BLACK WIDOW BUILD THREAD:

Big Thanks to Jason at

In process: One TONS, 44" Tires, Comp CUT,
Strertched, Hydro Assist, TF 6" LA,
Chromoly TR Beadlocks,
Katskins, and more!
post #10 of 21 Old 03-08-2011, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK RUBI ON 40s View Post
So in total you got charged 8 times? Wow!...Anyways Dirty, heres some advice that could have solved this problem before it happened: When buying something online, don't change the quantity to 8 and you won't be charged 8 times......
LOL

www.jeepasylum.com
post #11 of 21 Old 03-08-2011, 12:20 PM
JKO Addict!

What are you going to do with 8 double sided 36" dongs??? Even for you that is a bit overboard (not by much though).

United States Army 1997-Present

When a life or death decision must be made in seconds.....the police are only a minute away.
post #12 of 21 Old 03-08-2011, 12:31 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to paramaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09rubicon View Post
What are you going to do with 8 double sided 36" dongs??? Even for you that is a bit overboard (not by much though).
That right there is fucking funny!

Sent by carrier pigeon

post #13 of 21 Old 03-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Breaker of nice things

Garage

Quote:
Didn't you hear? Dirty's been doing yoga. All kinds of stretching is involved.
post #14 of 21 Old 03-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Coonasian

Garage

I've been using PayPal for about six years without issue. Makes you think. I hope it gets squared away soon. You going to continue to use them?
post #15 of 21 Old 03-08-2011, 01:58 PM
zjr
JKO Addict!

Garage

I don't have it linked to any accounts... CC or Bank.

01111001011011110111010100100000011011000110111101 11001101110100001000000111010001101000011001010010 000001100111011000010110110101100101

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl View Post
James just came a little early......
Quote:
Originally Posted by njjk08 View Post
...May 2011 bless everyone with pervert wheeling days...
post #16 of 21 Old 03-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
You have NO idea what Dirty is capable of

2015 Billet Silver Rubicon
4 dr | 4.5" Rubicon Express Lift | 17" Method Wheels | 35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrains
A girl and her jeep......it's a beautiful thing
post #17 of 21 Old 03-08-2011, 11:22 PM
Rock God

Garage

Here is my contribution to the paypal SUX thread. Because of Paypal's asinine policies my $20 transaction to Lance was flagged. They required additional info from me and then Lance. I got my end cleared up then Lance had to approve on his end. Well, needless to say Lance is busy and I'm nobody. A few days later I try to log on and WHAMMMM. I thought I was in the Eddie zone or something.

I finally got a hold of Morne' (think French here) last night and she was very helpful. So, the matter of the red stars is cleared up.

In the last month or so, I have purchased a couple of items from other people on the forums. Each and every transaction was F'in flagged. I have used paypal for years, backed everything up with CC and they still wanted info that it took me DAYS to fix. I'm all for security but this is F'n ridiculous. If you are talking a person to person transaction, I guess it is good to have this type of service. But, with companies, if they can't spend a dime or two to have a better service maybe they need to reevaluate their business plan. I'm just sayin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtual_mage View Post
.....a dark forum, were people would sometimes be rude but yet be helpful.
JK 2dr rubi

Last edited by toymaster; 10-13-2014 at 06:58 PM.
post #18 of 21 Old 03-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Rock God

Garage

I've said it before and will say it again: if you give a merchant access to your bank account you are looking to get screwed. Same thing with a debti card. Any problem, honest mistake to fraud, and you have to fight to get your money back. You can have problems with a credit card transaction, but at least you're not out any cash until you decide to pay the bill, you have the protection of the Fair Credit Billing Act, claims resolution process, and as a last resort, refuse to pay the bill and send an affadavit to the credit reporting agencies explaining why.

Going a step further, many credit card issuers offer something called Virtual Account Numbers, which is a temporary credit card number that's different from your physical credit card. A virtual account number can only be used by a single merchant, and you can specify a maximum charge limit to avoid duplicate or overcharges. That's the only way I pay for anything on-line.

As for PayPal verification, just open a separate bank account at a different bank (it has to be a different bank, otherwise the bank can reach into other accounts if this one gets overdrawn) and use that to verify your PayPal account. After PayPal verifies you, you can close the temporary account. As long as you never try to draw funds on it, PayPal won't know the account is closed.

I'm a JKO Reject
post #19 of 21 Old 03-09-2011, 07:27 PM
JKO Addict!

They are also anti 2nd ammendment as if we needed another reason to hate payal ask anyone from calguns....they just plane wont use em over there!

Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites
post #20 of 21 Old 03-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Rock God

Garage

for one of my new businesses, the worst mistake I ever made was using paypal to handle transactions. I had a merchant bank also, and they were a pleasure to work with - once you got past the initial hoops.

Here's a difference in experience:

Merchant bank:
* Required full credit check
* Required proof of business, bank accounts, etc.
* Reviewed every aspect of my e-commerce site, worked with me to ensure that I was fully compliant with policies
* When I exceeded my transaction limit for the month, they called me - talked to me, discussed the situation, then ultimately temporarily increased my limit for that month and permanently increased my limit for the subsequent months.

Paypal:
* Asked for nothing but a bank account
* Determined after a very busy week of sales that I was not in compliance with a policy -that could only be found by using a specific search box in a specific area of the site and typing in an exact query that you had to know before hand how to structure-
* Immediately locked my account so that I could take payments, but not retrieve any money (putting me on the hook for all incoming sales to ship, but not be paid for)
* Asked me for a bunch of business info, and said they would release the hold after I provided it, including tracking numbers.
* After I had given them all info and all of the tracking #s, they then changed and said they would unlock my account after all shipments showed proof of delivery.
* Said they would unlock everything after proof of delivery
* After proof of delivery, they determined instead that they would unlock my account but then placed a minimum reserve in an ungodly amount and a rolling 90-day 100% reserve on all transactions.

Now, after three months of not using them, I was able to get my reserve back, only by doing lots of leg-work and constantly jumping through each new hoop they threw at me.

FWIW, I have not had a single charge-back ever for this business.

I will -never- use paypal for a business again.

!c

Last edited by jkdrone; 03-17-2011 at 10:33 AM.
post #21 of 21 Old 03-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Granite Guru

Just an FYI. Yes the bank will resolve it ten times faster then paypal but you'll still get screwed by paypal if you bring your bank in. At least o did. My paypal was also tied into my bank account. I used them to purchase an exhaust for my car and paypal decided to send the private party double the amount. Of the three times I called them in one day i received three different reasons for it and not one desire to have it worked out immediately eve.n though it was my money and it had gone to outer space. Wachovia somehow turned into a good bank and disputed the transaction, returning my money a WEEK LATER. At this point paypal was still having trouble making things right with my account and had put my account on an inactive hold due to their notion that I had made the mistake. Seeing as paypal doesn't list a customer support number on their website I had to go to WWW.paypalsucks.com just to speak with someone. Then I had to wait on hold for an hour just to ask them to remove the hold on my account that they had placed on the account due to Wachovia stepping up and getting my money back from paypal. Me using my bank apparently didn't sit well with paypal. I simply told the poor girl on the line, I don't hate you, I hate the people you work for and their stupid policies. Paypal sucks and don't expect me to ever use paypal or promote it in any way.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode