what an a#@hole - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 03-04-2011, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

what an a#@hole

so i am on duty and get home finially friday afternoon, sit down at the computer check my pm's and am ready to make a purchase that was agreeded upon the night before. so what happens i call him instead of paypaling him (don't like internet purchases) and he says he sold it an hour ago to another forum member. now what if i would have payed online? no pm no nothing f that not a good way to do buisness. this last conversation was at 915pm last night thursday 03 mar 2011
Quote:
Re: service manuals

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzeyjeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP
Quote:
are they still for sale? i would like them

Lou

Yup. They weigh 22 lbs and I'll ship them cheapest way. Let me know your zip code and I'll give you a total.

Jim

zip is 27948

Lou

Hi Lou,
Cost to ship them there cheapest is $25.89. That's FedEx Home delivery from 95691 to 27948. If you would like them, you can PayPal to [email protected] or call me and I can take credit cards through my company. If you would like the TailGate prop, the shipping will be only $15 more. So the cost would be:
Service Manuals $50.00
Shipping 25.89
sub total $75.89
add TailGate prop 15.00

total $90.89

I'll need your name and address, of course.

Jim Piatt, Pres
HoodLift LTD 1-800-579-3024

07 unlimited x, 4.5 lift with clayton arms poly springs
rock krawler frotn and rear trac bars and brackets
rock krawler high steer kit, jks quicker disco's
waiting on gobi rack
front axle about had it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 03-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Banned

Look at it this way...at least you didn't have to pull your transfer case and show up in his driveway with it in the trunk of your rental car.

Seriously though, that blows.

post #3 of 30 Old 03-04-2011, 02:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

had a similar deal on here a few weeks ago
made arrangements to buy from guy - sent him a pm within minutes of him posting for sale, we agreed on a price and when I asked him for his paypal address "oh sorry, another guy on another forum just paid me for those"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 03-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Rock God

Not cool.

2010 2 door sport, 6 speed,Dark Charcoal Pearl
post #5 of 30 Old 03-04-2011, 02:53 PM
JKO Addict!

Greed makes people do some unethical things. Def a good thing you didn't paypal him tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroader613 View Post
yeah...I decided to go and finish on the tree
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaker View Post
actually , I can see my cock , is just a little hard to shave down there
post #6 of 30 Old 03-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzeyjeep View Post
so i am on duty and get home finially friday afternoon, sit down at the computer check my pm's and am ready to make a purchase that was agreeded upon the night before. so what happens i call him instead of paypaling him (don't like internet purchases) and he says he sold it an hour ago to another forum member. now what if i would have payed online? no pm no nothing f that not a good way to do buisness. this last conversation was at 915pm last night thursday 03 mar 2011
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Lou

Yup. They weigh 22 lbs and I'll ship them cheapest way. Let me know your zip code and I'll give you a total.

Jim

zip is 27948

Lou

Hi Lou,
Cost to ship them there cheapest is $25.89. That's FedEx Home delivery from 95691 to 27948. If you would like them, you can PayPal to [email protected] or call me and I can take credit cards through my company. If you would like the TailGate prop, the shipping will be only $15 more. So the cost would be:
Service Manuals $50.00
Shipping 25.89
sub total $75.89
add TailGate prop 15.00

total $90.89

Jim Piatt, Pres
I am not sure if I can go along with you on this based on the conversation you provided.

It seems someone called or paypal'd before you did.

The way I read it, there was no commit to purchase from you until after the items had already sold.

Based on this conversation, if I were the seller and I didn't hear back in the manner I described to confirm the purchase, ie Paypal or phone call, then its still up for sale to the first person who does commit.

Sorry.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #7 of 30 Old 03-04-2011, 03:21 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzeyjeep View Post

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Lou

Jim

zip is 27948

Lou

Hi Lou,
Service Manuals $50.00
Shipping 25.89
sub total $75.89
add TailGate prop 15.00

total $90.89

Jim Piatt, Pres
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
I am not sure if I can go along with you on this based on the conversation you provided.

The way I read it, there was no commit to purchase from you until after the items had already sold.

Based on this conversation, if I were the seller and I didn't hear back in the manner I described to confirm the purchase, ie Paypal or phone call, then its still up for sale to the first person who does commit.

Sorry.
He clearly says he wants them in his first response, not saying he maybe wants them depending on shipping charges. Jim also clearly states he needs his shipping info as in they are his ie sold. Why did Jim sell them when its pretty freaking clear jerzey wants them and he hadn't heard back from him stating he didnt want them. Every for sale thread usually has people waiting in line, if the first guy backs out the next guy gets them. Jerzey never got the chance to back out. Not everyone can answer a pm in just hours.

Douche bag for not waiting period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #8 of 30 Old 03-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:

Sorry.
X2. I know that a lot of people talk about buying things and never show up. I don't hold things unless they tell me they are on the way over or are sending the money.
post #9 of 30 Old 03-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkob1060 View Post
He clearly says he wants them in his first response, not saying he maybe wants them depending on shipping charges. Jim also clearly states he needs his shipping info as in they are his ie sold. Why did Jim sell them when its pretty freaking clear jerzey wants them and he hadn't heard back from him stating he didnt want them. Every for sale thread usually has people waiting in line, if the first guy backs out the next guy gets them. Jerzey never got the chance to back out. Not everyone can answer a pm in just hours.

Douche bag for not waiting period

<shrug>

I just don't see it that way.

I have sold my share of items on here and on local forums, I have had a sale or two where I thought for sure its sold, then never heard back from the person and by waiting I screwed myself and had to relist the items.

I guess its all in your experience.. after my experiences, an item is bought when its paid for and up until that point its for sale unless I agree to something different. <shrug> Guess I'm an asshole. Show me the money.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #10 of 30 Old 03-04-2011, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

hitmoney i hear ya for sure and can totally see where you are coming from. the time line is not stated these conversations all happened on the same day, my last conversation was after 9pm eastern time. unable to reply due to being out on ship then when i got home here at 230 eastern time to make the purchase he sold it.

even you would have prob given a pm saying hey you want it or not. you are reading our whole conversation.

look at all my posts. i don't say i want anything unless i am going to buy it. im not "that guy"

anyway f it i am over it and i found it online for free so if you would like feel free to delete the thread your call

Lou

07 unlimited x, 4.5 lift with clayton arms poly springs
rock krawler frotn and rear trac bars and brackets
rock krawler high steer kit, jks quicker disco's
waiting on gobi rack
front axle about had it
post #11 of 30 Old 03-04-2011, 05:25 PM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

I agree with hit$.

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #12 of 30 Old 03-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Garage

I can see your dissapointment jerzeyjeep.. It might have been different if both the seller and buyer knew each other or local to each other.

Yeah I would have probably sent a PM, but each circumstance and deal is different.

Its easy for me to say what I said, but I am also not the one who thought they bought something then found out I didn't. Again, sorry that deal didn't pan out for you, but I'm glad to hear you got the item you were looking for in the end.
post #13 of 30 Old 03-04-2011, 05:43 PM
zjr
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
<shrug>

I just don't see it that way.

I have sold my share of items on here and on local forums, I have had a sale or two where I thought for sure its sold, then never heard back from the person and by waiting I screwed myself and had to relist the items.

I guess its all in your experience.. after my experiences, an item is bought when its paid for and up until that point its for sale unless I agree to something different. <shrug> Guess I'm an asshole. Show me the money.
I gotta call BS on that... I KNOW that you waited for almost a month to sell something...

I am the person who will wait a business day or two, and then ask "Do you want this?" and wait another day. I know people are busy, but I also understand going to the 2nd in line after a bit, but not within 24 hours of not hearing from someone.

01111001011011110111010100100000011011000110111101 11001101110100001000000111010001101000011001010010 000001100111011000010110110101100101

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl View Post
James just came a little early......
Quote:
Originally Posted by njjk08 View Post
...May 2011 bless everyone with pervert wheeling days...
post #14 of 30 Old 03-04-2011, 11:11 PM
JKO Addict!

That sucks, but there's nothing written in stone here. If he had them for sale locally too then he could have gotten rid of them for cash.

When I try to sell something, I'm always tempted to tell the second and third guys what the current price is and if they want to make a higher offer its welcome. As long as I give the first guy the option to go higher, is that a dick move?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #15 of 30 Old 03-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Administrator

Garage

^^
Dick Move.

That's what ebay is for.
post #16 of 30 Old 03-04-2011, 11:15 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

yes absolutely it is a total dick move.
decide if you're selling it or auctioning it.
this thing called HONOR, being a man of your word.
if I say I'm going to sell you something for a certain price then I'm going to stick to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #17 of 30 Old 03-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Rock God

I agree, with HIT, and Venom. If I say I want those, and have some money problems the next day, ( it happens some times. )I say dont wait for me sell them if you can, if they are still here when I get the money, then I will pay you for what we talked about for price. Just saying.

2010 2 door sport, 6 speed,Dark Charcoal Pearl
post #18 of 30 Old 03-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Granite Guru

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to JimP

I am the a#@hole that is the subject of this thread. I'm sorry things turned out this way and I'ts been said "Greed makes people do some unethical things", referring to me. About the time Lou was asking about the books via PM, there were two other people asking essentially the same questions. I gave them all shipping quotes. I honestly didn't feel that Lou had committed to purchase them after hearing the fairly high cost of shipping. If he would have just said "OK, I'll take them" or something specific instead of he "wanted" them before the shipping quote, then nothing after it, I would have held them for him as long as he needed. However, after giving him the total price around 9PM, I didn't hear from him again. Meanwhile another person said he would definitely take them. So I put up on the board about 1:00 (which was the next day) that they were sold, still not hearing anything from Lou. It was sometime after that, maybe about an hour that Lou finally called. Would it have been fair to the person who committed to tell him I was waiting for a commitment from someone else first. Someone I hadn't heard from since last night and 1/2 a day? Despite what anyone else might think, I didn't think that would be fair or ethical. I've been in the sales business for more than 37 years now and have have many many instances where someone said they wanted something, then find a reason why they would not buy it, especially when given escalated costs...like high shipping costs in this instance.
I PM'd Lou, after hearing about this thread from someone and reading it and explained the above to him. He said that, after reading what Hit Money said he could see it both ways now and was over it. I told him I appreciated his service to our country and was sorry about this misunderstanding. I hope this is truly over and appreciate those who saw it the way I saw it.
Jim Piatt, Pres. HoodLift Ltd.

Sold my 2007 Flame Red Unlimited, HoodLift. 3" Blk Dmd Lift,Terraflex adj control arms, Premier Power Welder w/ 2nd alternator & separate battery, custom under-armor, custom exhaust, 35" BFG MTs on Champion beadlocks, HoodLift tailgate strut, ORL rack, Rock Hard Bumper, Warn rock sliders, Kilby front bumper,Warn Power Plant winch, Power tank for the air tools, corner armor, CB and shortwave (KI6FUG)
post #19 of 30 Old 03-05-2011, 10:11 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
When I try to sell something, I'm always tempted to tell the second and third guys what the current price is and if they want to make a higher offer its welcome. As long as I give the first guy the option to go higher, is that a dick move?
Quote:
^^
Dick Move.

That's what ebay is for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom View Post
yes absolutely it is a total dick move.
decide if you're selling it or auctioning it.
this thing called HONOR, being a man of your word.
if I say I'm going to sell you something for a certain price then I'm going to stick to it
Yeah, I figured as much. I respect everyone enough that I wouldn't screw over the first interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #20 of 30 Old 03-05-2011, 12:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
That sucks, but there's nothing written in stone here. If he had them for sale locally too then he could have gotten rid of them for cash.

I can't believe you actually had to ask if thats a DICK move

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
Someone I hadn't heard from since last night and 1/2 a day? Despite what anyone else might think, I didn't think that would be fair or ethical. .
Really? you think everyone sits around the computer? Sorry but waiting a half day isnt shit Read some of the more popular for sale threads where more then one person wants an item, 99.9% of time you will see people being told they are 2nd or third in line until the seller hears back from the 1st party interested, thats what is fair and ethical IMO not jumping on the first to pay you. Just think all you had to do was wait 1 more hour to hear from Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #21 of 30 Old 03-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkob1060 View Post
I can't believe you actually had to ask if thats a DICK move

Really? you think everyone sits around the computer? Sorry but waiting a half day isnt shit Read some of the more popular for sale threads where more then one person wants an item, 99.9% of time you will see people being told they are 2nd or third in line until the seller hears back from the 1st party interested, thats what is fair and ethical IMO not jumping on the first to pay you. Just think all you had to do was wait 1 more hour to hear from Lou
So how is he suppose to know Lou was gonna call in one more hour, one more day or one more week??

I really don't understand why you are so riled up here.. The sale was never committed to in the sellers eyes after a shipping quote was given.. the last communication before Lou called the next day..

Hi Lou,
Service Manuals $50.00
Shipping 25.89
sub total $75.89
add TailGate prop 15.00

total $90.89

Jim Piatt, Pres

At WORST this is a misunderstanding. You really have to go out on some thin limbs to call the seller a greedy asshole over this.. and the 90.89 potential sale... thats a little much given the details of the transaction no?

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #22 of 30 Old 03-05-2011, 05:49 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
I am the a#@hole that is the subject of this thread. I'm sorry things turned out this way and I'ts been said "Greed makes people do some unethical things", referring to me.
I wasn't directing that at you and if it came off that way I apologize. I meant it as a broad statement because I also read venom's post a few posts above mine. One of the people that commented on this thread said something along the line of accepting higher offers even if they had agreed on a deal with a buyer already and that is kinda what I was touching base on. I probably should've quoted venoms post but it still could've looked like my comment was directed at you either way. Again, I apologize.

From reading the pm it was more clear that an agreement was not set in stone. Obviously if you both hadn't agreed to complete the transaction then he can't be too upset. From selling items on forums, I have had pm's come in from multiple buyers and, to me, it is first come, first serve.

edit: Since the seller had multiple pm's regarding the item (we have no clue who the first to pm him was either), if the OP would've gotten the item then there would've still been one or two potential buyers that were upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroader613 View Post
yeah...I decided to go and finish on the tree
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaker View Post
actually , I can see my cock , is just a little hard to shave down there

Last edited by Hittnthebz; 03-05-2011 at 05:57 PM.
post #23 of 30 Old 03-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Granite Guru

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to JimP

After reading what you said and re-reading the previous posts, it's me that should apologize to you. I see now that you were talking about another deal. Thanks for clarifying that to me, it means a lot.

Sold my 2007 Flame Red Unlimited, HoodLift. 3" Blk Dmd Lift,Terraflex adj control arms, Premier Power Welder w/ 2nd alternator & separate battery, custom under-armor, custom exhaust, 35" BFG MTs on Champion beadlocks, HoodLift tailgate strut, ORL rack, Rock Hard Bumper, Warn rock sliders, Kilby front bumper,Warn Power Plant winch, Power tank for the air tools, corner armor, CB and shortwave (KI6FUG)
post #24 of 30 Old 03-05-2011, 06:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to sniper41

Not for nothing BUT if Lou and Jim have "cleared the air" on the issue, why are some still so fired up? It was a misunderstanding, that was cleared by the 2 parties involved and they have moved on.. I'd say case closed on this one!

Doug 08 4dr X 6 spd Det Yellow
You are a load that should have been swallowed, but someone as bitter as you are probably would have been spat out. Ahh Dancin Dan
Jersey
Crew
post #25 of 30 Old 03-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Rock God

I have not bought anything from any individual on a Jeep forum, but have bought and sold literally hundreds of gun parts and guns over the years on gun boards. I had several early sales go south in a manner similar to this, so I learned to protect myself.

I always put in my sales post that the first "I'll take it" posted in the thread trumps all P.M.'s, emails, or phone calls. If I have something listed on multiple boards, then the first "I'll take it" by time stamp takes it, and I let everybody know in the post that the item is for sale on multiple boards.

While I do not believe anyone did anything wrong or unethical in this instance, it just serves as a reminder of how easily misunderstandings can happen. The seller needs to be clear under what circumstance he considers an item sold, and the prospective buyer needs to make a clear statement of their intent to buy.

Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel, + upper control arms:RRD remote reservoir shocks:Teraflex Speed Bumps:Poison Spyder bumpers, fenders, and rockers: Gen Right tire carrier: Rigid duallies, 20 and 50 bars, fogs: Trucklites: Off Road Hero's Top: Genesis Off Road dual battery kit:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode