Damn Wire Rope - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 02-24-2011, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Damn Wire Rope

Nice day out today, so I decide to pull a stump out of the yard. Dug all day, then got the Jeep out to hook the winch up and tug it out. Got about 6' of rope off, and the sombitch jams! Hooked it up to a cumalong, and yanked it out - ruined about 15' of rope - full of birds nests and kinks!

Decided to check the rest of the rope, and get about half off the drum when the whole thing unrolled! What a mess! That's the last time I let my father-in-law help me spool it on!

Guess I'll join the synthetic crowd once the tax man pays me back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUPIDFACE View Post
I have 2 legs, but 3 knees....right knee.....left knee.....wee knee....
Jack of all Trades, Master of Some
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-24-2011, 04:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Yea cable is a bitch, I'd love to swap to synthetic. Wallet says I need other things first however.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-24-2011, 06:36 PM
Rock God

Garage

Synthetic line is where its at man! i bought a XRC comp so it has synthetic. my grandpa has wire rope on the winches to pull jet skis up the back of the boat i get a little shaky every time i use it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mall Krawler View Post
Hocus pocus, Abracadabra and Alakazam - prototypical magic words used by magicians and top jeep Suspension Engineers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-24-2011, 06:53 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotcyboi View Post
Synthetic line is where its at man! i bought a XRC comp so it has synthetic. my grandpa has wire rope on the winches to pull jet skis up the back of the boat i get a little shaky every time i use it...
Lol it'll be ok man don't panic

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #5 of 7 Old 02-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Rock God

Garage

hahah it pops and cracks and sounds like its gonna snap lol. its all chewed up too!

Quote:
Hocus pocus, Abracadabra and Alakazam - prototypical magic words used by magicians and top jeep Suspension Engineers.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-24-2011, 07:44 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotcyboi View Post
hahah it pops and cracks and sounds like its gonna snap lol. its all chewed up too!
they'll make a little nose while pulling, but a sea-doo? Can pull that with high test fishing line

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Rock God

Garage

Hahaha yeah probably. it weighs 900 lbs and has more HP than our jeeps lol 255! its a beast one year old. the newest ones go 0-50 mph in 2.9 seconds! damn lol

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode