garage broken into - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 05:09 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
garage broken into

Some mother fucker broke into my garage stole my keys to the jeep and my garage door opener. rumaged through everything else and didnt take anything. They went through my wifes truck and still didnt take anything hell they didnt even touch the tools or the beer in the fridge. Now i have to get the entire house rekeyed and figure out if the jeep can be rekeyed as well.

Well atleast they didnt cut the top.

What a shitty fucking day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
This is one reason I have a strict policy of not eating anything out of another dudes butt. Flick it with my tongue? Sure. Run my tongue around the rim? Depends. Dart my tongue in for a brief second? Maybe. Eat something out of it? No fuckin' way!
If you want to know whats on it check my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 05:17 AM
ADDICTION II build begins....

Quote:
Originally Posted by knyland View Post
Some mother fucker broke into my garage stole my keys to the jeep and my garage door opener. rumaged through everything else and didnt take anything. They went through my wifes truck and still didnt take anything hell they didnt even touch the tools or the beer in the fridge. Now i have to get the entire house rekeyed and figure out if the jeep can be rekeyed as well.

Well atleast they didnt cut the top.

What a shitty fucking day.

I would relocate your Jeep for the time being....looks like they weren't interested in braking in. But what I would also do is do a thorough check of your jeep to make sure nothing was changed to it. Does someone have something against you?

As much as I joke on here, this time I am being serious. Whenever someone breaks in and doesnt take anything (in this case they only took the keys to the Jeep), they are either looking for something specific or they are planning for something later.

Just a thought.....good luck!

U.S. Army
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 05:17 AM
Rock God

Do something to disable the jeep, sounds like someones planning something. Keep your eyes open.

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 05:20 AM
JKO Addict!

If you leave the jeep take the coil pack out or something. Doubtful they'll have that with them. That sucks!

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #5 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 05:33 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

well the i disabled all the remotes the garage now im waiting on the locksmith. The fucked up part is the jeep sits for weeks at atime in the middle of nowhere when im out on the boat. So i am talking to the dealer now they are pretty good to me so lets hope they can do something.

well they went through my backyard and tried the house it was locked up tight. I dont know how they managed to break in without waking me the two labs the boy or the wife. thats what worries me the most is the family as much as i am gone.

Looks like ADT will get my buisness again. damn it

Quote:
This is one reason I have a strict policy of not eating anything out of another dudes butt. Flick it with my tongue? Sure. Run my tongue around the rim? Depends. Dart my tongue in for a brief second? Maybe. Eat something out of it? No fuckin' way!
post #6 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

alright 200$ to have a new key made and the jeep relflashed only to accept the two keys in my possesion. You can have the entire jeep retumbled but the cost is out of this world.

The key that was stolen will not work on the jeep anymore it could open the doors and glovebox but the alarm will go off if they use it on the door. but they cant steal my jeep.

and 100 bucks to retumble the locks for the house. so i think this all comes out of my pocket i believe its to low for my homeowners deductible. Fuck im going to choke this person if i catch them.

Quote:
post #7 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Rock God

Did you have to tow your jeep to the dealership?

2010 4-DOOR MOUNTAIN
post #8 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

no i had a spare they recoded it and the new key they cut i made sure the chip in my original spare did not work after they recoded the jeep then they reprogrammed the key.

best part i just realized they have the key to my gunsafe on my key ring
i dont know what thats going to cost me now.

Quote:
post #9 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 09:12 AM
Banned

Wow.

Man, that's terrible.

It's really not all that expensive to have a simple camera grid setup. You can run them all to a wireless router in the house that makes a backup copy every 24 hours. Sure would be nice to have the shitbag on candid camera if they try coming back.

I'd make sure the wife knows where the shotgun is, how to load it and has no compunctions about ending someone's life if they show up in your house unannounced and uninvited.

This is the sort of thing that scares this shit out of me in the middle of the night. I can replace material shit, and pay higher premiums, but I can't replace my wife or my daughter at any price.

EDIT:
I would definitely place cameras outside in highly visible areas, even if they're just shells that don't do anything, it will at least let the walking shit bag know you're looking for his ass.

post #10 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 10:15 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Fuck im going to choke this person if i catch them.
That's prolly a being a little nice. Shoot that bastard in his kneecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
Thats a special kind of stupid right there.......
post #11 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Very sorry to hear this. I know the feeling all too well.

I have to agree- they are looking for something specific or (and unfortunately more likely) they are planning to come back.

I also highly agree that your wife needs to have a plan in place regarding a potential future break-in......to educate her about the use of a firearm/ using deadly force if things would ever come to that.

I just HATE hearing about these kinds of stories.

Sounds like you are on top of things atm. Please stay safe.
post #12 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Rock God

Garage

Man, that sucks! Definitely keep an eye out...

One thing about re-keying locks, when we did new locks recently, we got these Kwikset SmartKey dead-bolts. You can re-key them yourself with a little tool. They are, last I heard, bump-proof too. They are pricey, but the premium is less than one re-key job!

!c
post #13 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Very sorry to hear this. I know the feeling all too well.

I have to agree- they are looking for something specific or (and unfortunately more likely) they are planning to come back.

thats more what i am worried about then anything
I also highly agree that your wife needs to have a plan in place regarding a potential future break-in......to educate her about the use of a firearm/ using deadly force if things would ever come to that.

had a nice long lesson on the proper use of force and i educated her on the use of force continuum we use at work as well as when to shoot and when not to shoot. we have always had a plan in place and talk about it fairly regularly

I just HATE hearing about these kinds of stories.

Sounds like you are on top of things atm. Please stay safe.
really staying on top of things is just my initial reaction i need to get more in depth with the security side though

Quote:
post #14 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Granite Guru

F**CKING crack heads, I have a large german shepherd for just this reason

Lock it/alarm it/what ever they'll still find a way if they really want it but at least if If they try and take mine they'll be missing some flesh at the least
post #15 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexicon View Post
F**CKING crack heads, I have a large german shepherd for just this reason

Lock it/alarm it/what ever they'll still find a way if they really want it but at least if If they try and take mine they'll be missing some flesh at the least
i have a 70lb chocolate lab that will make you piss your pants if he catches you around his house and a 60lb 7mo girlfriend for him neither one of them made a noise last night.

Things do look a little better it wasnt just me that got it a total of 10 houses on the street all the same took garage door clickers and that was about it.
a neighbor from about 6 houses away found my keys in her front yard but still no clicker for the garage. i still rekeyed everything as it was already happening when my keys came back home at 530 pm. just found out it had to happen after 0330 when the neighbor came home from his swing shift cause his car was broken into after he went to bed.

So either some tweeker has a idea for a project or its time to start zombie hunting.

Quote:
post #16 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 04:56 PM
JKO Addict!

I would put Lo-Jack in both of them and leave them in the driveway for the next few days. See if you can catch the little fucker(s) red-handed.

Also, you may want to electrically charge your garage door. Anyone that touches it in the night gets a car battery through the chest.

Quote:
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #17 of 21 Old 02-16-2011, 04:58 PM
Banned

Does this mean you got the keys back for your gunsafe?
That was one thing that made me nervous for you. Fortunately, the shitbag prolly doesnt know its that key unless you labelled the key: GUN SAFE.

Fuck the rules of engagement. Dead people tend not to argue with your version of events.

Remember this phrase:
"I was in fear for my life and the lives of my family. I will answer all questions after I have spoken to my attorney"

Remember these words and repeat them to the first responders after you or your wife grease this asshole.

post #18 of 21 Old 02-17-2011, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

unfortunatley dan those words dont work real well when your 6'8" 250lbs and been trained to conduct federal law enforcement. I should and can make a judgement decision about something like that and i am sure it would come up in court. now my 5'2" 115lb wife hell she could shoot an unarmed person and say she was afraid for her life and probably get away with it.

And yes i got the keys to the safe back. New development though they went through an apartment complex about a mile from my house and robbed everysingle car that was unlocked. So much for a sleepy little farming town of 10k people

Quote:
post #19 of 21 Old 02-17-2011, 12:45 PM
JKO Addict!

I hope in the end they catch the douchebags.

Had a rash of petty theft in my neighboorhood (slightly larger town, about 80k), mostly cigarrets from unlocked cars, change, ipods, etc. Hit my culdesac and a few more. Cops finnaly found the kids (all teenagers). Not sure what happened with them all, but one only lived a few blocks away. When his dad found out he whooped his ass so bad the kid went to the hospital, funny how charges have yet to be filed????

United States Army 1997-Present

When a life or death decision must be made in seconds.....the police are only a minute away.
post #20 of 21 Old 02-17-2011, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
.....a total of 10 houses on the street all the same took garage door clickers and that was about it.
a neighbor from about 6 houses away found my keys in her front yard but still no clicker for the garage...... just found out it had to happen after 0330 when the neighbor came home from his swing shift cause his car was broken into after he went to bed.
Quote:
....they went through an apartment complex about a mile from my house and robbed everysingle car that was unlocked. So much for a sleepy little farming town of 10k people
I don't see any way that these idiots are going to be able to keep from being found. Sounds as if they had to have left some clues, prints, evidence along this night of blatant vandalism and theft.

I hope to Hell, that someone rats these scumbags out and that there will be some sort of action taken. The size of that town just makes me believe that someone is going to come forward, or that they will be discovered.

Hell.....in the small town that I live in, you can hardly do much of anything out of the ordinary and have it kept a secret.

Best of luck.
post #21 of 21 Old 02-17-2011, 01:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Sounds like local kids or meth bobbleheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDrinken View Post
Dirty Minion for lifeô.:the finger:
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
The fact that there is some Fag in you should be upsetting to say the least.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode