Vender section, "Quote me" sticky - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 02-10-2011, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Vender section, "Quote me" sticky

I have been trying to get pricing on a few things and have to look up what dealers sell them, then pm the vendor and wait for a price.
I am also sick of all the vendors post stating a great sale or price with no price listed... If you want me to buy it tell me how much the dam thing is.

What I want to see is a "Quote Me" sticky where a member can post what they want and if a Dealer wants to give them a price they can PM the member. Once the member is done looking for that part they can edit it as "complete" or something similar so they stop getting PM's from venders.

Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 02-10-2011, 07:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbsjeep View Post
I have been trying to get pricing on a few things and have to look up what dealers sell them, then pm the vendor and wait for a price.
I am also sick of all the vendors post stating a great sale or price with no price listed... If you want me to buy it tell me how much the dam thing is.

What I want to see is a "Quote Me" sticky where a member can post what they want and if a Dealer wants to give them a price they can PM the member. Once the member is done looking for that part they can edit it as "complete" or something similar so they stop getting PM's from venders.
I can understand what you are wanting to do; however, this is the way it has always been done on pirate and I don't think it will change anytime soon.

Rest In Peace Guinness. You will never be forgotten. My brother and my best friend
post #3 of 18 Old 02-10-2011, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

We arent Exactly Pirate, it isnt all that hard for a Mod to make a sticky page. Opens the door for venders to sell more and it makes it easier for members to get pricing. Whats the negative?

Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 02-10-2011, 07:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

You need to PM "TheBeatenPath"

He is in charge of stickys.
post #5 of 18 Old 02-10-2011, 07:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
We arent Exactly Pirate, it isnt all that hard for a Mod to make a sticky page. Opens the door for venders to sell more and it makes it easier for members to get pricing. Whats the negative?
You are correct we are not pirate. We are essentially a sub forum of pirate.

I do not disagree with you on how member friendly your idea is, I was just trying to point out that a long tested formula is unlikely to chanbe.

Edit: If you do want a change PM Bsack. He is the liason between pirate and jko forum management and sticky thread designation. If you do not here from him quickly be sure to send him another pm.
Often times he is overwhelmed with requests and only oils the squeeky wheels.

Rest In Peace Guinness. You will never be forgotten. My brother and my best friend

Last edited by guinness; 02-10-2011 at 07:44 PM.
post #6 of 18 Old 02-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RonGilbert View Post
You need to PM "TheBeatenPath"

He is in charge of stickys.
And a damn good one at that. He'll get you squared away

2010 4-DOOR MOUNTAIN
post #7 of 18 Old 02-10-2011, 07:49 PM
WINNAR!

Garage

There is a specific reason vendors do this very thing. Our dealers set a Minimum Advertised Price. That means, our web site can only charge the MAP pricing and we can only list that price on forums. But you can get cheaper prices than MAP. That's why you have to request a quote so that the vendor doesn't go below the MAP.

If you want to pay MAP there are plenty of people that will sell you at MAP. If you want a cheaper price tag it is usually worth the wait.

Andy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 18 Old 02-10-2011, 07:50 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIZZLY47 View Post
And a damn good one at that. He'll get you squared away
Shit I forgot TBP was doing that now.
OP, try him first. Way easier to get in touch with and not a whiny shit about helping out members.

post #9 of 18 Old 02-11-2011, 07:27 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOKEY View Post
There is a specific reason vendors do this very thing. Our dealers set a Minimum Advertised Price. That means, our web site can only charge the MAP pricing and we can only list that price on forums. But you can get cheaper prices than MAP. That's why you have to request a quote so that the vendor doesn't go below the MAP.

If you want to pay MAP there are plenty of people that will sell you at MAP. If you want a cheaper price tag it is usually worth the wait.
x2! That's the reason why we can't post prices on a lot of stuff. Many manufacturers require that their products are listed at a certain price. It doesn't mean we have to sell it at that price, it just means that we can't say that the price is lower to the general public. Violate map and they may suspend selling to you or jack you up into a higher pricing structure, which is bad for the business and the customers both.
post #10 of 18 Old 02-11-2011, 07:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Your right. we're not, but you can feel free to post this over there and see what happens!
post #11 of 18 Old 02-11-2011, 08:18 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
Your right. we're not, but you can feel free to post this over there and see what happens!
Maybe he should post it in my Jeep Wave thread overthere.

JKUS Sort of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 18 Old 02-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Owner: TWF

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOKEY View Post

Bingo! To add to that. Lets say you find someone that will sell something for less money than the next. How is their rep? Do they do business well or are they just low balling to take your money and run. Showing your price to the world so every jim bob that ever wanted to buy a yellow star and not stand behind what they do or what they sell. The here today gone tomorrow type. Let that guy post up his lower than anyone price. It's not how it works. Buy from people you know or from people who you know others have bought from. You will NOT find a better deal on products anywhere. Trust me. It's worth your wait.

TWF Double Beadlock wheels, Pitbull Tires Vendor, Raceline Wheels Vendor, Marsh Racing Wheels Vendor, Poison Spyder Vendor, Custom Splice Winch Rope Vendor, Cheap LED Light Bars
post #13 of 18 Old 03-02-2011, 05:42 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 406 YJ View Post
Bingo! To add to that. Lets say you find someone that will sell something for less money than the next. How is their rep? Do they do business well or are they just low balling to take your money and run. Showing your price to the world so every jim bob that ever wanted to buy a yellow star and not stand behind what they do or what they sell. The here today gone tomorrow type. Let that guy post up his lower than anyone price. It's not how it works. Buy from people you know or from people who you know others have bought from. You will NOT find a better deal on products anywhere. Trust me. It's worth your wait.
What he said.......

Method Motorsports

Email:
post #14 of 18 Old 03-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Garage

This would cause problems with our vendors.. not all of them are, or are capable of being on here every second of the day to be able to stare at a "quote me thread".

We encourage the Vendors of JKO to interact with the members, to build relationships, to earn your trust and business.... not just coldly send out the lowest quote possible in response to a "quote me" thread.

Ebay and Amazon might be better suited for those of you looking for that... JKO is not and isnt looking to be the Walmart of JK Parts, yet I think the prices you can get here are among the lowest anywhere.

Personally, I would spend a few % more to support a company that supports our community and JKO and gives back to us whenever asked and even when not asked by means of raffle gifts at our EJS ride, giving to local clubs when you guys have rides for charity causes, giveaways on JKO, and their dedication on a personal level to you, the JKO member when you have a question or concern.

In short, don't be so lazy.

įlllllį

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #15 of 18 Old 03-02-2011, 09:26 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
This would cause problems with our vendors.. not all of them are, or are capable of being on here every second of the day to be able to stare at a "quote me thread".

We encourage the Vendors of JKO to interact with the members, to build relationships, to earn your trust and business.... not just coldly send out the lowest quote possible in response to a "quote me" thread.
Just playing devil's advocate, Vendors could be subscribed to such a thread and get email updates when a post comes along. If they sell that product, they can send a quote. Secondly, I think that 99% of the vendors here are great and nothing would be done "coldly."

That being said, I'm fine with the current system and once I learned about the MAP I understood the "PM me" thing from vendors.

Think of it this way; you get to talk to company reps and find out which ones are douches and which are great people to patronize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #16 of 18 Old 03-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to TAC_260

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post

Ebay and Amazon might be better suited for those of you looking for that... JKO is not and isnt looking to be the Walmart of JK Parts, yet I think the prices you can get here are among the lowest anywhere.

Personally, I would spend a few % more to support a company that supports our community and JKO and gives back to us whenever asked and even when not asked by means of raffle gifts at our EJS ride, giving to local clubs when you guys have rides for charity causes, giveaways on JKO, and their dedication on a personal level to you, the JKO member when you have a question or concern.

In short, don't be so lazy.
AMEN!!! Hit has this pegged! What's the point of being a member of any community if you have no interest in getting to know and become friends with the community?

This site is much more about making friends than it is about just acquiring parts, hell you can find a cheap part anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin4979 View Post
It was a MULE...not a donkey.
And I'm pretty sure that the rash will go away soon enough. Doc gave me some expired vet medicine.
2010 Black Rubicon Unlimited - 6 spd
Hardtop, MOPAR Off-Road Rear Bump w/ Tire, RC 3.25" Lift, LoD Sliders, Woods SS Relo Brkt,
Cobra 25 LED, Wilson Flex 4
post #17 of 18 Old 03-02-2011, 10:18 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

What all of these guys said.

We will all stand up and give you a fair price on the parts that you are looking for, and most of us work together to support this community. I think you would have trouble pitting the vendors here against one another in a price war. There is a ton of respect flowing around these boards and we are all friends in the end.

Let us know how we can help, if you're looking for something and you haven't gotten a timely response via PM we should all have phone numbers listed.

Thanks for your effort to support the vendors here at JKO.

Marcus

post #18 of 18 Old 03-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
What all of these guys said.

We will all stand up and give you a fair price on the parts that you are looking for, and most of us work together to support this community. I think you would have trouble pitting the vendors here against one another in a price war. There is a ton of respect flowing around these boards and we are all friends in the end.

Let us know how we can help, if you're looking for something and you haven't gotten a timely response via PM we should all have phone numbers listed.

Thanks for your effort to support the vendors here at JKO.

Marcus
I had to learn the hard way on what MAP pricing means!

For years I never understood why shops would not post up pricing and it seemed like it was a secret from the outside looking in. I was able to post up my prices on vehicles and mopar parts. Now I know.....

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode