OR-FAB: Get your part numbers figured out, please. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 02-03-2011, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

OR-FAB: Get your part numbers figured out, please.

OR-FAB,

I have ordered one of your textured rear bumpers through 4WP. Not the wrinkled coat, not the gloss black, but the textured one. For some reason, I have to gamble with your company because both your wrinkled and textured versions have the exact same part number. According to your customer service department, there's a 50/50 chance I'll get what I ordered.

The fact this issue even exists is almost as stupifying as actually telling a customer (or in this case a shop) that when I buy your product, I'm taking a sizable risk it'll be the wrong one. That is NOT the correct answer, nor how you deal with someone who wants to give you money. I don't even have your bumper yet and I feel I'm already getting the runaround.

Can anyone from your company help clarify this issue?

'07 Wrangler "Rescue" | 4" Teraflex | 35x12.5x17 KM2's | Eagle Alloy 185's | Rubicon Sliders | 4.10's | JE-Reel DS | OR-FAB/RR Bumpers | Billet Shifters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Rock God

Garage

I didn't know they had 3 finishes... could it be a 4WP issue?

I only thought they had the wrinkle (textured) and the bike (smooth); I opted for the bike black on my tire carrier.

Are you looking at their sheet metal rear bumper?

On their site they only have 2 finishes listed for most of their products:
#83208 Wrinkle Black
#83208BB Bike Black
post #3 of 15 Old 02-03-2011, 06:41 PM
zjr
JKO Addict!

Garage

I don't work for them, but I am aware that if you order just the # it comes one finish, and if you put a "bb" at the end of the part # it is a different finish...

EX:
12345 is a bumper with texture
VS
12345BB is the same bumper smooth...

Not sure which is really which, but I know it works that way.

01111001011011110111010100100000011011000110111101 11001101110100001000000111010001101000011001010010 000001100111011000010110110101100101

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl View Post
James just came a little early......
Quote:
Originally Posted by njjk08 View Post
...May 2011 bless everyone with pervert wheeling days...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 02-03-2011, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by m(a)ce View Post
I didn't know they had 3 finishes... could it be a 4WP issue?

I only thought they had the wrinkle (textured) and the bike (smooth); I opted for the bike black on my tire carrier.
That's what I thought.

It very well may be a 4WP issue, but when I ordered it at the shop, I had three options: wrinkled, textured, and flat. They said wrinkled had some weird, swirly pattern to it, textured was your typical bumpy surface, and flat is flat. I asked for textured, but they couldn't figure out the part number. We called OR-FAB and OR-FAB themselves told us that wrinkled and textured are two different finishes, but share the same part number.

Maybe I'm the asshole here and just misinformed, but the whole "50/50" story they spoon fed me is what rubbed me the wrong way.

'07 Wrangler "Rescue" | 4" Teraflex | 35x12.5x17 KM2's | Eagle Alloy 185's | Rubicon Sliders | 4.10's | JE-Reel DS | OR-FAB/RR Bumpers | Billet Shifters

Last edited by Spank; 02-03-2011 at 07:57 PM.
post #5 of 15 Old 02-03-2011, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

(Dupe post, ignore me.)

post #6 of 15 Old 02-04-2011, 05:49 AM
JKowners Vendor

They have the same parts numbers yes, but Smooth (bicycle black) adds a BB to the end of the part number. There is not Wrinkle or Textured, its all what they call wrinkle or Bicycle.
post #7 of 15 Old 02-04-2011, 06:05 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Wrinkle black is textured
post #8 of 15 Old 02-04-2011, 06:34 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBirish View Post
Wrinkle black is textured
Yes, its the same. They only offer 2. http://www.orfab.com/applications.ph...ers&Active=Yes
post #9 of 15 Old 02-04-2011, 06:42 AM
Banned

Sounds like the dude at 4wp needs to get his shit straight!
post #10 of 15 Old 02-04-2011, 09:29 AM
JKO Addict!

IBTM?

Dirty's Minions don't officially exist. They are a myth, a bedtime story, a whispered rumor. They are ghosts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 15 Old 02-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Granite Guru

Wrinkle black is a light texture, it's very similar to the stock fenders.

Bicycle Black is the same as Gloss Black.

Winkele Black is our "Default" part number. Add "BB" to it and you get the smooth finish.

4WP should have both in stock, so PM me if there's an issue I can help with.

Tony

Michael Stead's Hilltop Jeep
Richmond, CA
post #12 of 15 Old 02-04-2011, 12:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

This thread is giving me a headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 DOOR JK View Post
It doesn't make sense. You knew they shared the same part number and you ordered it anyways?
Allegedly op was misinformed by a 4wp rep (and a little confusing in his post as well). Let me break it down for you so he can at least get the answer he's looking for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank View Post
OR-FAB,

I have ordered one of your textured rear bumpers through 4WP. Not the wrinkled coat, not the gloss black, but the textured one. For some reason, I have to gamble with your company because both your wrinkled and textured versions have the exact same part number. According to your customer service department, there's a 50/50 chance I'll get what I ordered.

The fact this issue even exists is almost as stupifying as actually telling a customer (or in this case a shop) that when I buy your product, I'm taking a sizable risk it'll be the wrong one. That is NOT the correct answer, nor how you deal with someone who wants to give you money. I don't even have your bumper yet and I feel I'm already getting the runaround.

Can anyone from your company help clarify this issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBROCUN View Post

Winkele Black is our "Default" part number. Add "BB" to it and you get the smooth finish.

Tony
So you're saying Textured IS Wrinkle? Tomato tomaaaaaaaaaaaato

and Bicycle Black is smooth

So op, there are only two possible choices XXXXX (Wrinkle Black) or XXXXX BB (Bicycle Black) making this a 100% chance of getting what you ordered if you didn't add BB.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.

Last edited by gold knight; 02-04-2011 at 01:08 PM.
post #13 of 15 Old 02-04-2011, 01:09 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank View Post
We called OR-FAB and OR-FAB themselves told us that wrinkled and textured are two different finishes, but share the same part number.
^This is what confuses me. So who needs the remedial training? OR-FAB rep? 4wheelparts rep? Both? I can empathize with the OPs frustration of everyone not being on the same page but if you don't know wrinkle finish versus textured finish, how do you know wrinkle is what you want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
post #14 of 15 Old 02-04-2011, 01:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWalker View Post
^This is what confuses me. So who needs the remedial training? OR-FAB rep? 4wheelparts rep? Both? I can empathize with the OPs frustration of everyone not being on the same page but if you don't know wrinkle finish versus textured finish, how do you know wrinkle is what you want?
Hmmm I didn't see that.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #15 of 15 Old 02-04-2011, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 DOOR JK View Post
It doesnt make sense. You knew they shared the same part number and you ordered it anyways?
Shit yeah I did. I'm hardcore like that.

Actually, they had made a notation on the order to make absolutely sure it was textured, even if it meant prying open the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
This thread is giving me a headache
Glad I'm not the only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBROCUN View Post

Tony
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
So op, there are only two possible choices XXXXX (Wrinkle Black) or XXXXX BB (Bicycle Black) making this a 100% chance of getting what you ordered if you didn't add BB.
Excellent. Thank you both. This is ultimately what confused me. 4WP kept telling me the wrinkled finish was something totally separate from the textured one, despite what the site said. When we called to try to get some clarification, that's where the whole "50/50" explanation came in. Getting parts mixed up is one thing. Telling me that I "might get what I ordered" is another. I'm still confused how that came about.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode