I won't order from www.moparonlineparts.com again! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 01-27-2011, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom
I won't order from www.moparonlineparts.com again!

I ordered my unit bearing from them monday morning
I was in a hurry to get it ordered so I could hopefully get my rig back on the road asap.
shoulda checked supporting vendors and stuff I know I know.
I had just found a link to the part on their site posted in one of the failed unit bearing threads on here and went with it. Bad Idea.

got an email tuesday afternoon saying they needed the vin# to verify its the right part.
WTF?
that bearing is the same part# for all JKs, 07-11, dana 30,44 and even the 2WDs use the same part!
Theres a place on the order form to enter the vin, theres also a check box to skip entering the vin# - I checked skip it. Emailed them back and said its ok, they all use the same part# please ship my order asap.
So theres almost a 2 day delay - all day monday and most of tuesday, then wednesday the order is still listed as on hold so I call them, they're an internet front for westbury chrysler in NY. They have about 6 different online stores that are all listed out on the phone recording.
Anyway, its about 3:45 central - giving them as close to 5 eastern as possible to get it shipped before I call to bitch, no dice so I called
"umm all of our internet people go home at 4:30, so theres nothing we can do, call back in the morning"
running half a dozen freaking online stores and all your internet people go home early and no one else can do anything?
cant even check order status?
nice
so today I started calling about 9am to cancel the order, I found the timken part with next day shipping cheaper than they were selling the part with regular shipping anyway.
No answer kept trying till about noon
"your call may be monitored for quality purposes" then ring ring ring ring
finally about 1 I just set my phone to speaker, set it down and let it ring, hoping I'd eventually get VM or something. Finally someone picks it up "oh, its snowing and no one from the internet department made it in today sorry, call back and try again tomorrow I cant do anything with internet orders"

so screw them, they will NOT be getting my biz again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.

Last edited by venom; 01-27-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-27-2011, 06:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Sorry you went through that. My experience is that the Chrysler parts counter guys couldn't find toilet paper to wipe their ass without a vin#.
post #3 of 12 Old 01-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Rock God

Garage

We did get another foot of snow here, not to say that's a valid reason for the shit they are pulling.
The whole time issue sucks but it's true. The service and parts dept. are open till midnight and the night shift plain old sucks.
I take my truck there and deal with the day people and have been more than happy. They are lift friendly, so i keep going.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 01-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Granite Guru

I hear ya man. Its shitty, i went on a rant a couple times about some vendors and companies doing the same thing to me. They get your money and dont give a about you or what you ordered or how bad you need it.

2009 JK Unlimited - Deep Water Blue
Rough Country 2.5" Series II Budget Boost
18" XD Monsters w/ 35" Trail Grapplers
Superchips Flashpaq
KC windshield light brackets w/ KC slimlights
Rugged Ridge XHD Modular Winch Bumper
Smittybilt SRC8 Winch
Relocated Flowmaster Super 44 w/ offroad tailpipe
post #5 of 12 Old 01-27-2011, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

MOTHER F......

just got an email from the 2nd place I ordered from, yeah at 11pm..
"we're sorry, that item is out of stock"
not like when earlier this morning when I ordered it so I could actually order somewhere else if they didnt have it..
so much for their "orders shipped by 4pm the same day if order received by 1pm"
car-stuff.com just went on my poopy list too

looks like I dont get my rig fixed this weekend.

you'd think a freakin week would be enough time to get a damn hub bearing bought and shipped in!

Quote:

Last edited by venom; 01-27-2011 at 09:19 PM.
post #6 of 12 Old 01-28-2011, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

now ordered from the 4th place!

sites 2&3 "no longer stock this item"
the 4th said its in stock, we'll see....

Quote:
post #7 of 12 Old 01-28-2011, 06:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom View Post
I ordered my unit bearing from them monday morning
I was in a hurry to get it ordered so I could hopefully get my rig back on the road asap.
shoulda checked supporting vendors and stuff I know I know.
I had just found a link to the part on their site posted in one of the failed unit bearing threads on here and went with it. Bad Idea.

got an email tuesday afternoon saying they needed the vin# to verify its the right part.
WTF?
that bearing is the same part# for all JKs, 07-11, dana 30,44 and even the 2WDs use the same part!
Theres a place on the order form to enter the vin, theres also a check box to skip entering the vin# - I checked skip it. Emailed them back and said its ok, they all use the same part# please ship my order asap.
So theres almost a 2 day delay - all day monday and most of tuesday, then wednesday the order is still listed as on hold so I call them, they're an internet front for westbury chrysler in NY. They have about 6 different online stores that are all listed out on the phone recording.
Anyway, its about 3:45 central - giving them as close to 5 eastern as possible to get it shipped before I call to bitch, no dice so I called
"umm all of our internet people go home at 4:30, so theres nothing we can do, call back in the morning"
running half a dozen freaking online stores and all your internet people go home early and no one else can do anything?
cant even check order status?
nice
so today I started calling about 9am to cancel the order, I found the timken part with next day shipping cheaper than they were selling the part with regular shipping anyway.
No answer kept trying till about noon
"your call may be monitored for quality purposes" then ring ring ring ring
finally about 1 I just set my phone to speaker, set it down and let it ring, hoping I'd eventually get VM or something. Finally someone picks it up "oh, its snowing and no one from the internet department made it in today sorry, call back and try again tomorrow I cant do anything with internet orders"

so screw them, they will NOT be getting my biz again.
Not one douchenozzle working for Mopar drives a Jeep? Gotta admit though, it was one bitch of a snowstorm.

post #8 of 12 Old 01-31-2011, 02:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

as sson as i saw you said they needed a vin i knew it was a dealer, they cant do anything without a vin, i see where there coming from being most people they deal with dont know anything about jeeps at all. they should have a seperate parts person who can deal with people who know something besides how to drive their jeep to the mall in the snow

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
post #9 of 12 Old 02-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubirobv View Post
Sorry you went through that. My experience is that the Chrysler parts counter guys couldn't find toilet paper to wipe their ass without a vin#.
I am a Mopar Parts counter guy....Were trained to get the VIN first. Why? because if we get the wrong part and you put try to put it on and it dosent fit, We normally cant take it back. Losing you money, If we do take it back its money out of OUR pockets. Either way its protecting both of us. So dont hate. having the last 8 of your VIN isnt that big of a deal, I have mine stored under notes on my cell phone, anytime I need it its there. Dont hate, were just doing our job

2010 4-DOOR MOUNTAIN
post #10 of 12 Old 02-03-2011, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIZZLY47 View Post
I am a Mopar Parts counter guy....Were trained to get the VIN first. Why? because if we get the wrong part and you put try to put it on and it dosent fit, We normally cant take it back. Losing you money, If we do take it back its money out of OUR pockets. Either way its protecting both of us. So dont hate. having the last 8 of your VIN isnt that big of a deal, I have mine stored under notes on my cell phone, anytime I need it its there. Dont hate, were just doing our job
when the order form has a big check box for "I do not have my vin # and I still wish to order" that WAS checked and they waited a day and a half and then emailed me that they wanted the vin # anyway, well wtf was the check box for?
I paid extra for express shipping and they waited a day and a half to email me that BS, I responded immediately that the part was correct, I need it, please send it to me ASAP then it sits in "on hold" status for another day+ and the whole damn "internet department" goes home at 4PM eastern - whch is 3PM central and 2PM on the west coast! so they cant be contacted about it, then no one shows up the next day because of the storm.
They have like 8 different online storefronts and they don't bother to staff the "internet department"? Let alone allow the people that ARE there to even check an order status?

No sir, I think I WILL hate.

because of that BS and 3 other companies claiming they had stock that they didn't I've been running on a fried hub bearing in a blizzard, moving emergency personnel and doing emergency recoveries.

Quote:
post #11 of 12 Old 02-03-2011, 10:33 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom View Post
when the order form has a big check box for "I do not have my vin # and I still wish to order" that WAS checked and they waited a day and a half and then emailed me that they wanted the vin # anyway, well wtf was the check box for?
I paid extra for express shipping and they waited a day and a half to email me that BS, I responded immediately that the part was correct, I need it, please send it to me ASAP then it sits in "on hold" status for another day+ and the whole damn "internet department" goes home at 4PM eastern - whch is 3PM central and 2PM on the west coast! so they cant be contacted about it, then no one shows up the next day because of the storm.
They have like 8 different online storefronts and they don't bother to staff the "internet department"? Let alone allow the people that ARE there to even check an order status?

No sir, I think I WILL hate.

because of that BS and 3 other companies claiming they had stock that they didn't I've been running on a fried hub bearing in a blizzard, moving emergency personnel and doing emergency recoveries.
I'd be pissed too! I completely agree that there is no use for the check box if they need the vin in the end. Also, if the dealership is open and they are running that large of an operation there is no reason the "internet department" shouldn't have employees there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroader613 View Post
yeah...I decided to go and finish on the tree
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaker View Post
actually , I can see my cock , is just a little hard to shave down there
post #12 of 12 Old 02-04-2011, 04:42 AM
Rock God

I COMPLETELY agree that that situation was very far off. What I was referring to was the post a couple up that said we can find toilet paper without a VIN. I was just saying were trying to watch out for both of us when we get the VIN and it isn't even a big deal. But in your situation you have every right to be upset. They left out information and made you wait for something that wasn't there

2010 4-DOOR MOUNTAIN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode