The "I won't be low-balled" a$ - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 183 Old 01-20-2011, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

The "I won't be low-balled" a$$holes

Twice now, I've offered two different JKO members my very best price on things they're selling. Both these times I have got the line "I'll let it sit in my shop and rust before I let it go for THAT price."

Disclaimer # 1: I was NOT low-balling anybody. I was offering MY very best price.

Disclaimer #2: My offer was NOT offensive(ie 25% of what they're selling price is).

Disclaimer #3: Economics 101: CHIT IS ONLY WORTH WHAT SOMEONE IS WILLING TO PAY FOR IT.

FTR, I offered 80% of the asking price. Specifically, this was listed new at $550, He was listing (after installation, removal and storage in his shop) the item for $500. I had about $450 to spend. He and I figured it would be $50 to ship. My offer of 450 was essentially 90% of his asking price PLUS free shipping, or 80% plus shipping on my dime.

Is that offensive? Hell he put it together, installed it, ran it, removed it and covered it with a dirty tarp in the corner of his shop. He's selling because he's going an ENTIRELY different direction. So, its not like he has lingering value for it.

Bottom line - he bought it and now he doesn't want it. It's a losing investment. My money's green, I earn it honest and this DB sys he's gonna leave this gear in his shop to RUST before he sells at my price?

PS, for what he's asking (remember $50 under retail) I am dismissing ANY warrenty. No second-hand support from HIM is expressed OR implied. All he needs to do is bank the cash, and ship the gear.

Am I outta line here?

08 Detonator Yellow JKU sold 04MAR2013
-Patriot, Vet, Christian, Son, Brother, Father, Husband, Friend, blue collar Irish guy-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 183 Old 01-20-2011, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJK View Post
Am I outta line here?
Yip.

°lllll°

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook Page
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube Channel
post #3 of 183 Old 01-20-2011, 09:47 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Well it is his, I guess he can do what he pleases. Not everybody selling stuff is willing to negotiate.

Did they both say "I won't be low-balled"? That's kind of a funny coincidence.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 183 Old 01-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to dickyB Send a message via Skype™ to dickyB

you made an offer, he said no. it happens every day, dont get your panties in a twist over it. keep looking till you find the deal you want, and he can keep looking until he finds the buyer he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
I like driving my jeep around while wearing a suit....it says I'm formal, but I'm here to party.
post #5 of 183 Old 01-20-2011, 09:48 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Not out of line, Im not gonna deal with the hassle of shipping something as heavy as a cage for 60 bucks sorry. My time is worth more than that. Ill find someone locally that wants it and can comw pic up a sandblasted cage that has nothing wrong with it other than the fact it was removed to make a custom one. I dont need to sell it right away at a loss because i dont need the money right now. just figured id offer it up
post #6 of 183 Old 01-20-2011, 09:49 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

You:
These cages come unpainted, right? Have you installed this yet? any pieces unaccounted for? Have you finished it in any color? Do you have the original packaging, or (more importantly) would you be interested in getting this kit ready for shipping? IS this the front kit only?

Sorry for the random order of these questions!
Thanks,
Jimmy C.

Me:
Yes it still for sale, It ahs been painted with duplicolor bedliner but can be stripped or sand blasted before shipped. I will shipp it but im sure its going to be a few buc ks because it is heavy. I do not have the original packaging due to it being destroyed durring shipment. And lastly it is just the front kit.

You:
what would shipping be to 45036?

Me:
looks like shipping is like 60 bucks

you:
Would you take $460 (to include shipping)? I can pay via paypal as soon as FRIDAY.

Thank you,
Jimmy C.

Me:
Sorry i dont want to sell it that bad to take that big of a loss it can sit in the corner of the shop till someone local needs one...
post #7 of 183 Old 01-20-2011, 09:53 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I do thank you for the title of A$$whole i ave worked hard to earn that name. you seem to forget my money is green as well and i work hard for it. Alot of people feel that because were jeepers that they should be given shit for nothing.
post #8 of 183 Old 01-20-2011, 09:58 AM
Granite Guru

Stay away from ebay and car dealerships, you will be sadly disappointed and probably blow a gasket.

You must be an only child and used to not hearing the word no.

Get over it dude.

BTW. I have a set of OEM front tow hooks for sale for 15 bucks plus 10 bucks shipping. I GARONTEE I won't say no to any offer! Maybe that will make you feel better!!

2014 2 Door Red Rubicon.

Bone stock except for a Spiderwebshade Safari Top.
post #9 of 183 Old 01-20-2011, 10:00 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
Me:
Sorry i dont want to sell it that bad to take that big of a loss it can sit in the corner of the shop till someone local needs one...
Wow that's^^^ a lot different than thatVVV
Quote:
My money's green, I earn it honest and this DB sys he's gonna leave this gear in his shop to RUST before he sells at my price?
On second thought I'd have to say YES you are. Calling Scott a douche bag and an asshole was just icing on the cake.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.

Last edited by gold knight; 01-20-2011 at 10:31 AM. Reason: duh
post #10 of 183 Old 01-20-2011, 10:05 AM
JKO Addict!

Damn you, Dirty!!! Give him the shit for free!!

Jimmy or Timmy....or whatever the fuck your name is. Pull your sac back out and deal with it. You tried to lowball and got denied.

Did you see Dirty post up a thread titled "I hate these try to lowball a$$holes" after this? No. Now, all you have done is make yourself look like a shitdick. Congratulations.

Dirty's Minions don't officially exist. They are a myth, a bedtime story, a whispered rumor. They are ghosts.

post #11 of 183 Old 01-20-2011, 10:17 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Damn you, Dirty!!! Give him the shit for free!!

Jimmy or Timmy....or whatever the fuck your name is. Pull your sac back out and deal with it. You tried to lowball and got denied.

Did you see Dirty post up a thread titled "I hate these try to lowball a$$holes" after this? No. Now, all you have done is make yourself look like a shitdick. Congratulations.
Shitdick? I'm using that...

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
post #12 of 183 Old 01-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Banned

JimmyJK

Boy didnt you step in it lol.

Dumbass.

Hell, I'm part hippy and give stuff away all the time - but you take the cake kiddo. My jeep will be paid off next June. Want me to give it to you so you can quit crying and your pussy wont hurt so much?

post #13 of 183 Old 01-20-2011, 10:25 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
My money's green, I earn it honest and this DB says he's gonna leave this gear in his shop to RUST before he sells at my price?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
Calling Scott a dead beat and an asshole was just icing on the cake.
I think DB may have been douche bag.

Yes, out of line, especially with the embellishment of what Dirty said. If someone says they don't like your offer, who gives a shit? That's like going into a department store and offering $800 for a $1000 suit. They're going to tell you no, but you'll hear "eat shit or pay the price, dick."

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #14 of 183 Old 01-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to dickyB Send a message via Skype™ to dickyB

Quote:
I like driving my jeep around while wearing a suit....it says I'm formal, but I'm here to party.
post #15 of 183 Old 01-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
They're going to tell you no, but you'll hear "eat shit or pay the price, dick."
That is effin priceless right there. Big girl panty time!

Doug

2007 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara | 3.5" RK | Bilstein 5100 | American Outlaw Colt | 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers
post #16 of 183 Old 01-20-2011, 10:28 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

It is my experience that if I tell someone anything other than no, I'm telling them FU. But then again I'm an asshole.

I think the OP made a fair offer for it already coated and shipped. I wouldn't sandblast it and then ship it for that. My good friend always tries to get just about what he paid when he sells something used and it drives me nuts - mainly because he tries to sell stuff to his friends like that as well. If I buy something and turn around and sell it, I'm happy to get 75% of what I paid for it. Not that anyone gives a shit.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #17 of 183 Old 01-20-2011, 10:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
My money's green, I earn it honest and this DB sys he's gonna leave this gear in his shop to RUST before he sells at my price?
Sounds like someone can't take when they get told to go fuck off!

Let's practice.

Hey Jimmy, Go Fuck youself!
post #18 of 183 Old 01-20-2011, 10:30 AM
Banned

I'd HGTD this lol

post #19 of 183 Old 01-20-2011, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Garage

Nothing like a good ole Thread Backfire to pick up your day.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #20 of 183 Old 01-20-2011, 10:31 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
I think DB may have been douche bag...
Yeah that was obvious now lol, damn acronyms. fixed it.

Quote:
post #21 of 183 Old 01-20-2011, 10:35 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
Alot of people feel that because were jeepers that they should be given shit for nothing.
Funny, I've heard something similar to that before...

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.

Last edited by kkuntz01; 01-20-2011 at 10:38 AM.
post #22 of 183 Old 01-20-2011, 10:37 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkuntz01 View Post
Funny, I've heard something to that before...
Normally i have no issues giving shit away for nothing..... but Im selling a ton of shit to fund the next part of my build so ill negotiate a bit but im not afraid to pass on a deal that doesnt work for me
post #23 of 183 Old 01-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

I love the ads that say "No low ballers". It tells me not to call the person even if the price is fair just not the type I would want to do business with. I wheel and deal for a living so when I buy stuff I like to wheel and deal. Yes I lose often and pay more than I want to its just natural for me!

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #24 of 183 Old 01-20-2011, 10:43 AM
JKO Addict!

^^^^BANG^^^^ WTF was that............... Damn that thread just backfired!

United States Army 1997-Present

When a life or death decision must be made in seconds.....the police are only a minute away.
post #25 of 183 Old 01-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
I love the ads that say "No low ballers". It tells me not to call the person even if the price is fair just not the type I would want to do business with. I wheel and deal for a living so when I buy stuff I like to wheel and deal. Yes I lose often and pay more than I want to its just natural for me!

Jason
So I got some land down here in South Florida.....

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode