LoD WTF? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 12-14-2010, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
LoD WTF?

When it take 18 hours to drive between work and home, sometimes you have to get a shop to bolt your upgrades on. This requires reasonably tight planning and scheduling. So if you are a supplier of bumpers and someone calls to see about shipping, that person expects reasonably accurate estimates. Saying approx. two weeks delivery should mean 12 to 18 days, right?
So LoD is now on day 18 and promises to ship "this week".
So I am a little pissed off. If Yukon, RCV, Rock Krawler, Interco, Cragar, and Krane can more or less meet targets...Well, can I say I'll be choked if river raider sends the skids i ordered before the LoD gets there?
How hard is it to be reasonably accurate?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 12-14-2010, 02:23 PM
JTG
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to JTG

For LOD? Not very easy at all
post #3 of 22 Old 12-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Granite Guru

coilrod, did you do any homework on LoD before you ordered?
when it comes to service LoD wrote the book on how to fuck it up.
I agree that it's bullshit, but it shouldn't be a suprise given their past track record.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 12-14-2010, 03:46 PM
JKO Addict!

Quickest way to correct their service issues? Cancel your order. Hasn't shipped, so you shouldn't have been charged. Get something from PSC that you'll like better anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #5 of 22 Old 12-14-2010, 04:05 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
Quickest way to correct their service issues? Cancel your order. Hasn't shipped, so you shouldn't have been charged. Get something from PSC that you'll like better anyway.
this.

the above is most likely irrelevant.
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, abendx is my hero, project-jk, jeep JK, JK wrangler, JK, JKO
post #6 of 22 Old 12-14-2010, 04:21 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

front or rear bumper if its the rear you need to plug the holes the rack bolts on with. LOD fails to mention this and the fucking thing rusts from the inside the first time it rains. If you call LOD they tell you that you should have put bolts in there. but they dont provide the bolts and its not in the instructions.

Vent over
but seriously plug those holes if you have their tire carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
This is one reason I have a strict policy of not eating anything out of another dudes butt. Flick it with my tongue? Sure. Run my tongue around the rim? Depends. Dart my tongue in for a brief second? Maybe. Eat something out of it? No fuckin' way!
If you want to know whats on it check my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 22 Old 12-14-2010, 04:43 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Cancel and go with either PSC or HD Customs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/

post #8 of 22 Old 12-14-2010, 05:14 PM
JKO Addict!

if you are stuck with LOD, have you checked with northridge4x4?
post #9 of 22 Old 12-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

Yeah, you will see rust on the bumper pretty quick. I saw rust on mine, but i just hit it with some rattle and it was fine. I actually repainted my whole bumper after i made it a stubby. If i had to get a new bumper today, i wouldnt get an lod. Its a good bumper, but way too big and heavy. I neverhad a problem with thier service though. I ordered my rear bumper about 2 weeks before they came out with the stubby.

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #10 of 22 Old 12-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^This is good advice!
post #11 of 22 Old 12-14-2010, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopa70 View Post
coilrod, did you do any homework on LoD before you ordered?
when it comes to service LoD wrote the book on how to fuck it up.
I agree that it's bullshit, but it shouldn't be a suprise given their past track record.
not enough. I will call them tomorrow, I have already put plan b into play, but cancelling and ordering another is now plan a, section 2.
edit:
Was to be signature mid width. In Canada we have three options for ordering from USA, ass raping from UPS brokerage, shipping to US border mail drop and driving down if we ever get enough time off, or finding a proven shop who makes regular trips to their border drop, but charges a very competitive price. I used option 3 to order it, so I need to see about the deposit I put on it.(Prices on everything else were = or less than the $ exchange on manufacturers' posted prices).
My local motor vehicle laws include a requirement for track width front bumpers, so the ones I really like are of questionable legality. I wanted to get BCC to bolt it on while they do my lift, axles and diffs, but whatever, the bumper can wait until Jan if required.
It pisses me off that I never searched for problems with LoD because I know better. No one I have wheeled with has a JK, or anything built after YJ's stopped. Even my XJ has backyard built bumpers. It never occurred to me that bumpers would be a problem.

Last edited by coilrod; 12-14-2010 at 06:38 PM. Reason: more info
post #12 of 22 Old 12-14-2010, 06:38 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by knyland View Post
front or rear bumper if its the rear you need to plug the holes the rack bolts on with. LOD fails to mention this and the fucking thing rusts from the inside the first time it rains. If you call LOD they tell you that you should have put bolts in there. but they dont provide the bolts and its not in the instructions.

Vent over
but seriously plug those holes if you have their tire carrier
Which bolts/holes do you plug? The one to the trail rack on top?
post #13 of 22 Old 12-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo11 View Post
Which bolts/holes do you plug? The one to the trail rack on top?
all the holes in the swing, otherwise it will fill with water from rain, washing, puddles, whatever.... it's trapped in there............ until it rots through and drains.. I slapped some electrical tape over all the holes in mine, but bolts work too..
post #14 of 22 Old 12-14-2010, 07:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Coilrod, I have found we always get fucked here in Canada.
My best experience so far has been ordering directly from Poison Spyder.

It took longer than 1 lb cheese dump to get the skid, but I wasn't raped to bad by the shipping.
post #15 of 22 Old 12-14-2010, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Spill,
The poison Spyder evap skid showed up about a week after I ordered it, so did my nth degree diff slider.
Ah, well, my rant is over. Wanna wheel Sat? don't know what time yet, BCC is going to get someone to meet me 'cause they don't officially open most Saturdays. Sunday I am going to to try to get to Eagle.
post #16 of 22 Old 12-15-2010, 09:28 AM
Rock God

Garage

LoD= laughable on delivery
post #17 of 22 Old 12-15-2010, 09:31 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coilrod View Post
Spill,
The poison Spyder evap skid showed up about a week after I ordered it, so did my nth degree diff slider.
Ah, well, my rant is over. Wanna wheel Sat? don't know what time yet, BCC is going to get someone to meet me 'cause they don't officially open most Saturdays. Sunday I am going to to try to get to Eagle.
This weekend is not looking good for me, with Christmas coming and all....
ANy chance for wings/beers next week? say the 22nd?

Hope that bumper shows up for you. Otherwise, cancel that thing. There are tons of good options out there!
post #18 of 22 Old 12-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

I love MY LoD!!
post #19 of 22 Old 12-15-2010, 10:56 AM
JKO Addict!

Only issue I had with my Lod shorty rear bumper was the fact that my stock wheel with 35x12.50 Nitto MG wouldn't fit on the carrier. Due to the backspacing on the stock wheel. I called Dave at NR4x4 (yea, I know .......), and he contacted Lod. They fabbed up a new, longer spare tire bracket, and shipped it to me free of charge.

I took a month to get it after ordering, but I had researched the bumper and was expecting that kind of turn-around.

Haven't had any rust issues, but I will look into plugging the holes on the carrier.

Anthony

AMP

'07 JKUR, Steel Blue, Spun Main Bearing Mod @ 46k miles
My new engine is a four letter word ..............
post #20 of 22 Old 12-15-2010, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spillidge View Post
This weekend is not looking good for me, with Christmas coming and all....
ANy chance for wings/beers next week? say the 22nd?

Hope that bumper shows up for you. Otherwise, cancel that thing. There are tons of good options out there!
Jeeze, doesn't look good for wheeling together this year. I'll be out of town. I pick up the jeep this Sat, going somewhere Sat. and maybe Eagle Sun. Drop it off again on Monday, fly out Tuesday. BCC can put the River Raider skids and my new brake kits on it before I pick it up to drive back to work Jan 3.
I called Big Country Customs this morning about it, as my payment went through already, if I really want to switch brands I can, but I have to wait for the payment to be reversed which can also take a couple months. (my jk mod budget is now officially in the small change bracket so I can't just buy the PSC or HD) The LoD midwidth still meets my original criterea so I will wait, winchless with tug straps.
post #21 of 22 Old 12-15-2010, 12:39 PM
JKO Addict!

Hmmm, issues with LoD...

Nahhh..

My feelings toward LoD are a mixed bag. He's the nicest guy in the world when you're placing your order, but after the order is placed it's a different story. Twice I've order from him and twice I've had issues with product damaged in transit by FedEx. Not directly Chris's fault, BUT I'm not completely pleased with how he handled things. Having said that, he does stand behind behind his product as he is shipped my rock sliders back on his dime to sand blast them and re-powercoat them for me because they were rusting after a year of use.

Personally, I would not order any more product from him but then I'm done wasting money on Jeep parts in general.

Anyone interested in an LoD Midwidth and LoD Rear Bumper click here.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
post #22 of 22 Old 12-31-2010, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

BCC got the bumper and installed it while I was on holiday. Yay. Now the holiday hangover is fading and it's time to bump into stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode