You know what annoys the shit out of me? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 67 Old 12-09-2010, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

You know what annoys the shit out of me?

Why do people feel the need to blur out their license plates when they post pictures? What do you think is going to happen? Its not like 100s of strangers don't see it on a daily basis when your driving around or parked at the mall. So whats with the paranoia?

Marc
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 2 door Rubicon ROCK KRAWLER - POYL PERFORMANCE - RIVER RAIDER - POISON SPYDER - BILSTIEN - PITBULL - ACE - SMITTYBILT - BLACK ROCK - SUPERCHIPS - SPIDERWEB SHADES

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 Old 12-09-2010, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

P.S. Im starting to like this section of the forum.

Marc

2007 2 door Rubicon ROCK KRAWLER - POYL PERFORMANCE - RIVER RAIDER - POISON SPYDER - BILSTIEN - PITBULL - ACE - SMITTYBILT - BLACK ROCK - SUPERCHIPS - SPIDERWEB SHADES

post #3 of 67 Old 12-09-2010, 05:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Yeah I saw that link to the Jeep for sale on ebay with the tag blurred and thought WTF. But I don't really care, if it makes somebody feel safer on the internet then more power to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggwhite93 View Post
P.S. Im starting to like this section of the forum.
lol you mean "Dirty Laundry A place to talk about what you don't like about the JK."

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 67 Old 12-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ImmortalityLTD

What I like is when somebody puts up like 4 or 5 pictures at once and forgets to blur out the plates on one of the photos.

Joel
2010 Tiki Rescue World Champion
post #5 of 67 Old 12-09-2010, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
lol you mean "Dirty Laundry A place to talk about what you don't like about the JK."
LOL yeah I guess my bitching isn't directly about the JK, but at least its not in tech or general. Maybe its just my time of the month. I have been very annoyed lately. Maybe its lack of pussy! LOL

Marc

post #6 of 67 Old 12-09-2010, 05:27 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to njjk08

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalityLTD View Post
What I like is when somebody puts up like 4 or 5 pictures at once and forgets to blur out the plates on one of the photos.
I hate when you miss with the blurs. I gotta work on my aim.

Chris.....

Building a BIGGER and BETTER Jeep
post #7 of 67 Old 12-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to dickyB Send a message via Skype™ to dickyB

you dont think any thieves look for easy targets in their area online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
I like driving my jeep around while wearing a suit....it says I'm formal, but I'm here to party.
post #8 of 67 Old 12-09-2010, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

No, I don't. What are they going to get with you plate number anyway? You don't think it would be much easier for them to go to the mall and get all the plate numbers they wanted? If they were of any use anyway.

And chris, thats some funny shit there.

Marc

post #9 of 67 Old 12-10-2010, 04:55 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

I don't let it bother me to much except that I have some videos of friends rigs that won't let me post on youtube because the videos show thier plates and I'm to lazy to edit out the plates.

07 Rubi rescue Green
"The previous explanation is based on my historically bad memory of a conglomeration of past experiences and conversations. The opinions above probably have some kernel of truth to them but the details are most likely flawed on some level. Please acquire further help from experts before listening to anything I say."
post #10 of 67 Old 12-18-2010, 03:18 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

^^^^
Don't you just love it when someone comes along and dumps a spam load on your thread.......

But hey at least he didn't blur it out!

/

post #11 of 67 Old 12-19-2010, 06:05 AM
Wheeler

From a LE perspective PERSEC can be a pretty big deal. A short conversation with any Investigator who works ID Theft I will tell you some pretty scary stories. And those crooks get personal info from places we could never imagine and rarely get caught.

I know a cop who recieves all of his mail at a PO Box and wont let his wife use address lables with their names on them because he is worried about people finding out where he lives. A lot of people thought he was nuts until some drug dealers that he had been working a case against were found conducting survailence on his home and recording times when his wife would be home alone.

Now, does posting my plate on the internet open myself up to this sort of thing? Most likely not. However, I often express non-PC opinions on the internet and I dont care to have my online comments linked to my true identity. There is currently a growing trend of defense lawyers using cops personal facebook pages to try and discredit them in court. In the same way I could understand a business owner not wanting personal opinions expressed on the web to be linked with his business because it might "offend" customers.

In the end, If removing the plate number makes sombody more comfortable on the Internet, Who Cares?
post #12 of 67 Old 12-19-2010, 08:06 AM
JKO Addict!

I think it's retarded. I've never done it, don't really see the point. I am not a huge believer in trying to harness everything you really don't have much control over.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #13 of 67 Old 12-19-2010, 08:22 AM
Rock God

Garage

So... I got a new iPad and the Nazis over at jkf don't block the ip so I decided to look at some threads over there (felt dirty the entire time), but the point of my story is that the blurring of the licence plates seems to run rampant over there.
post #14 of 67 Old 12-19-2010, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssJK View Post
So... I got a new iPad and the Nazis over at jkf don't block the ip so I decided to look at some threads over there (felt dirty the entire time), but the point of my story is that the blurring of the licence plates seems to run rampant over there.
Sure it does. They are a bunch of douche nozzles! I have gone back over there a few times since I got my new laptop too (to check out their for sale section) and I felt the same way.

Marc

post #15 of 67 Old 12-23-2010, 11:20 PM
Rock God

What pisses me OFF is when some one asks a question, we help them out tell them what to do many times and they keep asking the same question WTF, I mean really, their is probley a write up on it,( sticky ) and pic, or maybe a thread or two, on this shit and they still ask and ask and ask WTFFFFFFFFFFck, dip shits.

2010 2 door sport, 6 speed,Dark Charcoal Pearl

Last edited by 2010jk; 12-23-2010 at 11:52 PM.
post #16 of 67 Old 12-23-2010, 11:37 PM
VKS Fab

IBTM!! And yeah, I've never gave a shit about it. Come at me bitches!!
post #17 of 67 Old 12-23-2010, 11:44 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

It's 2:30 in the morning here so STFU and go to bed

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #18 of 67 Old 12-24-2010, 04:19 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010jk View Post
What pisses me OFF is when some one asks a question, we help them out tell them what to do many times and they keep asking the same question WTF, I mean really, their is probley a write up on it,( sticky ) and pic, or maybe a thread or two, on this shit and they still ask and ask and ask WTFFFFFFFFFFck, dip shits.
So where can I find the write up on a properly installed upper decker? Don't worry Egg, I promise not to blur out the pic......
I'm surprised non of the other SFJKO guys posted up like wise....

/

post #19 of 67 Old 12-24-2010, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I will be waiting for my upper decker pictures!

Marc

post #20 of 67 Old 12-24-2010, 08:00 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggwhite93 View Post
I will be waiting for my upper decker pictures!
Just as soon as someone sends Gold Knight a write up to post in the index.

/

post #21 of 67 Old 12-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki646 View Post
So where can I find the write up on a properly installed upper decker? Don't worry Egg, I promise not to blur out the pic......
I'm surprised non of the other SFJKO guys posted up like wise....
I could just leave it in your mouth if you want?

post #22 of 67 Old 12-26-2010, 02:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I was looking for pictures of a plate relocation mount, and the dude who posted it blurred the plate so much you can't even see how the mount looks. What an asshole.

Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon: Check my garage for details

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad
post #23 of 67 Old 12-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Rock God

Ok back to the op question, Yes I do hate it when they do that, It kinda takes away form what you are looking and and ^^^ if you need to see some thing you can't. now were back on track happy holidays bitches every one be safe.

post #24 of 67 Old 12-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Rock God

Dam Egg so thats watz been going on I thought my eyes were going!

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
post #25 of 67 Old 12-26-2010, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecollector View Post
Dam Egg so thats watz been going on I thought my eyes were going!
Thats probably true too. Your not a young as you once was.

Marc

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode