the Noob-fruits are ripe w/ any new model introduction - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 6Likes
  • 2 Post By j3ff3ry_j33p
  • 1 Post By christensent
  • 1 Post By Uncle Sams Misguided Child
  • 2 Post By Jadmt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 10-27-2018, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
the Noob-fruits are ripe w/ any new model introduction

so, it’s not real surprising or anything (‘happens w/ every new model)but I was a little shocked when I saw my Spam from the week included one from Dynatrac targeting the new Jeep JL/JLU owners that maybe first time Jeep purchasers. I mean, that must be one-nice, $300-$500 duffle-bag, right? ‘cause I don’t know no set of coilsprings w four nitro shocks and brake ext + endlinks that needs to cost $1300 freakin dollars.*

https://www.dynatrac.com/lift-kit-fo...angler-jl.html

I just got miffed since you really don’t need anything to slap 35s on one of those JLs , afaik

(* maybe AEV )

ndtguy and un lupus like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-28-2018, 08:01 AM
Rock God

Agree with you , I bought a '07' JK and was amazed when I looked at the aftermarket pricing verses say the TJ and any of the earlier renditions .

The rape and pillage mentality was apparent , there wasn't any hesitation to reap the R&D costs right upfront to the initial first few victims .

The new victims probably should question weather to just sit back and wait for the chaff to settle in the atmosphere before throwing a bunch-o-bucks at their new JL's .

Just to be clear the purveyors will update renditions of their products , so they will also benefit from consumer "testing" failure of the initial product .

But as we all watch the mod happiness that is going on as we drive around the streets of our communities , they will make the same mistakes that we made with our CJ's , TJ's and JK's so as the minor differences between the latest models develops and the "Low Hanging Fruit" is picked by aftermarket , we all have felt the same feeling of remorse doing it over again , so goes the world of "Wheelers" .

JL Owners should rejoice in the knowledge that they will be enriching the economy , and I think that they are the "new rich modifiers of a platform" that we were labeled with for the last eight years will annoy them as much as it annoyed many of the JK crowd .

JL Owners Rejoice !?! , get out your wallets .
post #3 of 12 Old 10-28-2018, 11:26 AM
Rock God

I don't think it's really a rape and pillage mentality. A company doesn't exist to act as community service, you optimize profits in almost all companies. Prices are typically set to maximize profit. A new vehicle has a wealthy user base so they make more money by raising prices because they know they won't lose all that many customers (if you raise prices 2x and lose 10% of your customers, you made a good call... if you raise prices 2x and lose 80% of your customers, you made a bad call).

Why do most name brand cell phones in the US now cost nearly $1000? Probably mostly because the manufacturers discovered people are willing to pay it. If you don't like how much products cost, the only people to blame are those who buy them, not the companies making them.
rockystock likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 10-29-2018, 04:00 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

both of the first two responses to the OP are valid, cognizant & informed replies. JKOwners has the folks that understand the ‘going-ons’ w/in the Jeep community.
Good feedback on subject .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 Old 10-29-2018, 06:07 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Rape the sheep early.

yes it is a free market economy and they can charge whatever they want.
un lupus likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #6 of 12 Old 10-29-2018, 09:40 AM
A JKO DICK

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by christensent View Post
I don't think it's really a rape and pillage mentality. A company doesn't exist to act as community service, you optimize profits in almost all companies. Prices are typically set to maximize profit. A new vehicle has a wealthy user base so they make more money by raising prices because they know they won't lose all that many customers (if you raise prices 2x and lose 10% of your customers, you made a good call... if you raise prices 2x and lose 80% of your customers, you made a bad call).

Why do most name brand cell phones in the US now cost nearly $1000? Probably mostly because the manufacturers discovered people are willing to pay it. If you don't like how much products cost, the only people to blame are those who buy them, not the companies making them.
The cell phone analogy isn't really the best. Cell phones used to be subsidized by the service providers and it is no longer cost effective to do so. When you have a cell phone that is as powerful and able to do things PCs that cost just as much if not more do you realize the price of a cell phone isn't unreasonable.

The rest is what it is, but when consumers realize you fucked them they tend to look elsewhere in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
post #7 of 12 Old 10-29-2018, 10:31 AM
Rock God

come on man gayolife and dynotrac are tight you know it is worth the money.
post #8 of 12 Old 10-29-2018, 11:09 AM
Rock God

HOLY SHIT that is a small fortune. Makes my investment into my JK that much nicer. It would be nice to have a new Jeep, but damn I may just have to look at the 13+ JKU instead.

Can't wait to see what the headlight market comes up with. I bet those lights are going to be pushing 25 hundred with all the glowy shit in them.

2010 2 door manual sport
post #9 of 12 Old 10-29-2018, 12:11 PM
Rock God

It is nuts, a lot of companies (even reputable ones) also rushed to the market and several started throwing some crap out thereto be first to market. It is what it is, but a lot of lost effort and opportunity out there.

post #10 of 12 Old 10-29-2018, 12:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Wait until FCA bends people over for the truck.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #11 of 12 Old 10-29-2018, 02:15 PM
Granite Guru

Garage
^ - Yes!

Ouch!
post #12 of 12 Old 10-29-2018, 03:57 PM

New Lift

I thought the sam thing on the cost of that set up. Im helping a buddy of mine get going with his month old JL. We saw the dynatrac option and it further justified stepping into an RK xfactor or MC Game changer at what they're charging.

He just got the RK installed today since the Metal Cloak isn't available yet.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode