donít go against your credo or show off: a lesson in irony - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By Uncle Sams Misguided Child
  • 1 Post By Treader
  • 1 Post By Blue Baby Sound
  • 1 Post By gt1guy
  • 1 Post By j3ff3ry_j33p

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-05-2018, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
donít go against your credo or show off: a lesson in irony

i posted the following on my regional, home forum but figured jko could either learn something from it or enjoy it or ridicule me - as did more than half the other riders at the park did yesterday ,since they watched me make an ass out of myself & do about a grand$ worth of damage to the jeep. (Iíll remind ya that Iíve come to this park - it is notorious for body damage, moreso when wet- for like,over 6 years & know super-well how any lapse or lack of thinking can have some nature sh*t at this place quickly eat any thing on two or more wheels thatís out there ) ( thats if I cared to fix it back to the way it was , which I donít really care to )

I guess this also is good visual aid to help newer riders to be aware that , regardless of your experience level, if you ainít prepared to do some damage to what your driving you probably donít need to take the thing to wherever you have it when you think this thought.

So, here was the post :

irony and lessons learned even after 5 decades of living ;

When you are comfortable, relaxed & enjoying your trail for the day

, donít get so lax that you break your credo of , ď never show offĒ & ďknow when to back-off a lineĒ or else crap like this happens:

oh, the irony?

I had replaced that pssgr mirror just last month for third time and had , literally, just given the last payment to the credit union Friday past to pay her off.

the rip off OEM fenders did what they were supposed to. The sliders saved everything; without them, the tree would have eaten everything from the back door forward. It was slow- motion,sideways backwards sliding at its most nightmarish. I could only ride along , realizing what Iíd done as it slid slowly , crunching and eating jeep bodywork and plastic parts.

(Donít show off and no, you probably canít make that never taken path , fwiw)

- DogHouse Williams

////

yeah, just tryin to make a few people laugh resulted in that.

it was funny..not as much today...it was an awful and helpless feeling to be so aware of multiple violations occurring to my rig but in a slowmotion,backwards mode that I was powerless to stop at once; Icould hear the Bestop rain drip rail along top just draaaaagging across, bark slowly moving forward just as , across my peripheral vision flies my pssgr fender just after I turn away from watching the brand new pssgr side mirror slow crunch backwards off. As the well trimmed , painted black plastic pssgr fender lands beneath my driver door after flying over cab , I started laughing. ďHey, those are sposed to do that!Ē.

If it were not for the @TeraFlex
sliders taking 90% of the tree contact, it could be much, much worse. If anyone cares, Iíll grab a picture of them later ...I only realized well after that they prevented massive damage. I know, no good photos, srry

It ainít that big a deal, I know. Just ironic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-05-2018, 10:12 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Fuck the other people.

Had a guy tell me one time when I was spotting him, "I don't want any body damage". I told him he should go home and garage the jeep forever. Shit happens, sometimes on purpose mostly on accident.
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 10 Old 03-05-2018, 11:44 AM
Rock God

You were feeling ultra confidant on the new rubber. Guess back to the KO2's?

Wheeling in mud sucks. I went to our local place last October, a weeks worth of rain hit it the days before. That red mud was all over the place and couldn't grip shit out there.
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

2010 2 door manual sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 03-05-2018, 03:03 PM
Wheeler

Garage

Many a wheeler have hit slick mud on an incline and experienced the same. Including me.
Don't sweat it and continue enjoying your Jeep
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

His- 2014 JKUR
Hers- 2018 JK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Retired- 2016 JKWW
Retired- 2013 JKU
post #5 of 10 Old 03-05-2018, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

yeah, mud really sucks.

I hate it with a passion but this year came to a realization that I cant think of any time I have been offroad where there has not been some quantity of wet soil involved. Even in drought spells, there is mud to be found in my part of the country .

So, @Treader is correct about mud but no; I cannot go back to my KO2s

A friendís wife is already enjoying those....

Myself of course not being in any manner to blame , Im gonna have ta throw the new MTs under the, um, bus...
; Yes sir, these mud slingin , crazy effective Yokohamaís caused me to reach out & embrace the mud instead of rejecting it. Look what the bitch did to me when I loved her dirtiness and covered my Jeep in her nastiness.

post #6 of 10 Old 03-05-2018, 05:04 PM
Minstrel Gigolo

Shit happens. Chicks dig scars.
Slap another mirror on and call it good.
post #7 of 10 Old 03-06-2018, 04:55 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

mirror #4 , en route...

I want some of those bendy, ultra4 like mirrors up high on the pillar that donít jut out as much but these darn Sahara heated , electronic mirrors have stupid wires and crap in them .....

post #8 of 10 Old 03-06-2018, 07:26 AM
Rock God

USMC Doc had some mirrors like that. There were attached to his lightbar hoop. Hose clamp them to the round bar of the hoop. If you did hit them they just rotated on the lightbar mount. I asked him about it once, but that was a few years ago.

2010 2 door manual sport
post #9 of 10 Old 03-11-2018, 10:49 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
mirror #4 , en route...

I want some of those bendy, ultra4 like mirrors up high on the pillar that donít jut out as much but these darn Sahara heated , electronic mirrors have stupid wires and crap in them .....

Heated, electronic mirrors?

Sounds like the tree did you a favor.

Kevin
post #10 of 10 Old 03-11-2018, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treader View Post
USMC Doc had some mirrors like that. There were attached to his lightbar hoop. Hose clamp them to the round bar of the hoop. If you did hit them they just rotated on the lightbar mount. I asked him about it once, but that was a few years ago.
i remember that cool lightbar . I think @usmcdoc14 fabbed those himself? heck, he kinda made everything for it , if ya mention it .

@gt1guy , yeah, they are pointless poofter bits, last Sahara Unlimited trinketry...actually, as monstrous & obscene as they are,when I am on trail alone, I always have them pointed at rear tires so I can see those outside or trees ,rocks etc if they’re behind the jeep. But , I gotta get something else.

I had some ultra4 brackets comin but no good tube or cage to affix them to. I may weld something on the a pillar armor ..

I got most of that dented sheetmetal and the hood / cowl bend out today. Block o wood and a rounded screwdriver ...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode