This bugs the crap outa me... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 10-03-2008, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Ipe
Rock God

This bugs the crap outa me...

I'm not currently in the market for tires, but that doesn't stop me from looking every now and then. Last week I got a 4wheelparts.com email and from it browsed onto the web site and then onto a set of XTerrain 325/80/R16 tires. At the time they were in the low to mid $300 range each.

Today I got another email from 4wheelparts proudly proclaiming Pro Comps Buy Three get one free!!! sale. Soooo.... I go and cruise over to look at the same tire in the same size. Now they're on sale for the super low-low price of $435 each! Oh, what a bargain!!!

Now I've been about long enough to know that Pro Comp pulls the same sh1t every year but it never fails to piss me off. Come on people, how fracking dumb do you think we are???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 10-03-2008, 09:34 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipe View Post
I'm not currently in the market for tires, but that doesn't stop me from looking every now and then. Last week I got a 4wheelparts.com email and from it browsed onto the web site and then onto a set of XTerrain 325/80/R16 tires. At the time they were in the low to mid $300 range each.

Today I got another email from 4wheelparts proudly proclaiming Pro Comps Buy Three get one free!!! sale. Soooo.... I go and cruise over to look at the same tire in the same size. Now they're on sale for the super low-low price of $435 each! Oh, what a bargain!!!

Now I've been about long enough to know that Pro Comp pulls the same sh1t every year but it never fails to piss me off. Come on people, how fracking dumb do you think we are???
Holy Rip Off, Batman!
post #3 of 19 Old 10-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Granite Guru

like old saying goes: nothing's free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 10-03-2008, 06:23 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

HUNDY'S GOT 5 325 85 R-16 FOR 600.00 FOR 5
post #5 of 19 Old 10-03-2008, 11:35 PM

Yikes. I've heard walmart pulls something similar every now and then.
post #6 of 19 Old 10-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to vegasjeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipe View Post

That is because Pro comp makes you sell the buy 3 get 1 free tires at Map pricing. not anything lower. Otherwise the shop DO NOT get credit for the free tire. Everyone thinks how great the deal is. I hear it all the time.

It works.. ask anyone at a 4wheelparts how much more tires they sell during pro comps buy 3 get 1 deals....

08 Rubicon Unlimited-Just about stock!
I'll keep my guns, my freedom, and my money... You keep "The Change"!
Ask me about SH!TTY companies like Full Traction, Pure Jeep, and others!
post #7 of 19 Old 10-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to vegasjeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinjason51 View Post
Yikes. I've heard walmart pulls something similar every now and then.
Wal mart does not have sales.. how are they gonna jack up prices for one?

08 Rubicon Unlimited-Just about stock!
I'll keep my guns, my freedom, and my money... You keep "The Change"!
Ask me about SH!TTY companies like Full Traction, Pure Jeep, and others!
post #8 of 19 Old 10-22-2008, 03:05 PM

I hate to admit it, since they are a sponsor of satan's den, but Discount Tire Direct was the best tire place on the internet, especially when they had that additional 10% discount for $%#&*-forum members, plus free shipping...I got a 5 set deal on the OEM BFG M/T's for under $400.00 delivered.
post #9 of 19 Old 10-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Granite Guru

I'll never buy their tires just for this reason. It's almost like bait and switch. I wonder if anyone ever filed a complaint with the BBB for that crap.

07 Rubi Unlimited , 4.5 clayton longarm, 37" Maxxis treps, AtoZ fabrication, Genright, and Polyperformance
post #10 of 19 Old 10-22-2008, 06:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve&2jc's View Post
I'll never buy their tires just for this reason. It's almost like bait and switch. I wonder if anyone ever filed a complaint with the BBB for that crap.
You'd probably have to retain the data and present it to BBB to get anywhere.

Obama, The greatest gun salesman since the invention of firearms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscwerve View Post
This is exactly why we need to practice proper gun control.

If he was aiming down the sights correctly and had plenty of practice rounds under his belt, there would only be one side of this story.
post #11 of 19 Old 11-29-2008, 01:05 PM
Wheeler

You gotta play the system. 4wheelparts.com has a price match guarentee. I sent them an email with a quote from discount tire and they matched it with the by 3 1 free deal. They first argued it was not the same because I was only purchasing 3 tires from them, but I showed them a copy of how the bill is rung up online and it shows all tires at regular price and the descount or free price as a seperate line. They conceeded and I got the deal.

2' Rusty's coil lift....got 3" out of it
ProComp 7189's 16x8
Goodyear MT/R Kevlars 315/75/16
Jeeperman front Stubby
Smittybuilt XRC8 Hella 500's
post #12 of 19 Old 04-26-2009, 01:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

4 Wheelparts are crooks.
post #13 of 19 Old 04-26-2009, 02:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RODICON View Post
4 Wheelparts are crooks.
Would have to agree.

I have a corporate account with "special" pricing and they still are more expensive than the regular pricing of their competitors.

And don't get me started on the service dept. For the love of god, don't let them touch your Jeep!!
post #14 of 19 Old 04-26-2009, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose512 View Post
And don't get me started on the service dept. For the love of god, don't let them touch your Jeep!!
LMAO.. A year later and we are still finding chit wrong that 4WP did to my rig when installing the Long Arm. I am friends with the guys at the counter and I do get really good deals from them, probably cause they feel bad for what their so called techs did to my rig, so if I need something immediately or just something small I will see Mike at the counter... but I wouldn't let the guys in the back put air in my tires without fear of them f'ing something up. I had to spend $10,000.00 to figure that out life lesson.

I'll have to post a picture of the most recent find... a bolt that holds the bracket for the rear track bar.. the geniuses used one that was too long and they tightened it down, probably with a air hammer, to the point that the bolt is embedded into the end of the track bar inhibiting its movement to the point there is a 1/8 inch gouged out valley in the track bar end where it has been riding on the bolt. Mind you when they first gave me the rig back after the install and was "checked over" by some area rep, the rear track bar was on backwards... I could go on and on...

°lllll°

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook Page
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube Channel
post #15 of 19 Old 04-27-2009, 01:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustoff '68 View Post
I hate to admit it, since they are a sponsor of satan's den, but Discount Tire Direct was the best tire place on the internet, especially when they had that additional 10% discount for $%#&*-forum members, plus free shipping...I got a 5 set deal on the OEM BFG M/T's for under $400.00 delivered.
When I was on there their online prices were not all that, ever! I've called and talked to the guy on there and he recommended I could do better locally, so that's what I did and he was right. My local Discount Tire a 1/4 mile away has always beat anyones prices. They know my rig, know I have spacers, always make comments about my spacers but they take care of whatever I need. Had chunks of tree roots stuck between the beads last weekend with a slow leak (aired down to 11) and they dismounted, cleaned, rebalanced and never charged me a penny...
post #16 of 19 Old 04-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Rock God

This Thread turned into an ad for DISCOUNT TIRES.

"Dude, did you see that Green Jeep out in the parking lot?"

"Yeah, its' mine..."
post #17 of 19 Old 04-27-2009, 01:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWREVER View Post
This Thread turned into an ad for DISCOUNT TIRES.
lol...well it just shows you most have gone through the buy 3 get 1 free BS and learned a lesson
post #18 of 19 Old 04-27-2009, 03:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASQUATCH View Post
Had chunks of tree roots stuck between the beads last weekend with a slow leak (aired down to 11) and they dismounted, cleaned, rebalanced and never charged me a penny...
That's a keeper. Do they want to open a store in South Florida?
post #19 of 19 Old 04-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Rock God

Send a message via MSN to bfj aka tambil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose512 View Post
That's a keeper. Do they want to open a store in South Florida?
You mean they don't have one there? I think they have a distribution warehouse in central Florida. Discount tire is all over this area.

Proud to be an American
Shamed of our government

Native Floridian = MUD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode