The perfect JK;
1. Comes with a hard and soft top, both of which do almost nothing to keep out water
2. Comes with a bad throwout bearing if it's a manual, which after several replacements, is still bad
3. Pops out of first gear, randomly and violently
4. Overheats the trans when offroaded if it's an auto, possibly burning the whole jeep to the ground, a problem fixed only by an add-on trans cooler that YOU have to pay for
5. Has incurable death wobble, right off the lot
6. Has a motor that is good for about 40k miles before it blows
7. Has balljoints that need replacement before 10K miles
8. Has front axle seals that leak, despite repeated replacement
9. Overflows gas every time you top off the tank, and no one can figure out why
10. Breaks its plastic t-case shifter bushing the first time you use it
11. Won't start
12. Stalls randomly at stoplights
13. Consumes more than one quart of oil between changes since new
14. Clutch falls apart in 3 pieces before 25,000 miles
15. Steering shaft needs replaced before 25,000 miles but will cost you $70 diagnostic fee and $5 for the bolt to hold the shaft together cause it's not covered under warranty
16. add rear door shock to keep the rear door from clobbering you when parked on an incline
17. add hood shocks to keep hood from thumping your head when you accidentally bump the hood prop
18. have to use rust converter to keep all of the suspension parts from becoming a rust bucket
19. have to put on a snorkel and extend breather lines in order to go through deeper than 19" of water without hydrolocking the engine!
20. Horn stop working and it took the dealer 3 days to fix it
21. Front seatbelts get wet after it rains hard, Why do we have tops on the jeeps??
22. Comes standard with a "security vault slot" behind the dash that not even Houdini could get shit out of once it falls in there.
23. Comes with a plastic front "skid" plate that breaks off the first time you bump it against something while off-roading
24. Has plastic parts like license plate mounts and fenders that rub through the paint but not noticeable unless they are removed
25. Has a great paint job...you would never know the JK wasn't painted under the hinges unless you wanted to remove the hinge brackets while taking off the doors!
26. Comes with a front bumper that you cant bump anything with
27. Stock tire carrier is made of plastic and can't hold more than a 32" tire without bending the tailgate.
28. Plastic fenders. Enough said. Plastic, plastic, plastic, plastic...
29. Sound bar speakers are really only for show.
30. Burns oil and fuel faster than bp can spill it!
31. Consumes more fuel than a stock car but has less power than my John deer riding mower.
32. 0-60 in well... A few miniutes!
33. Explodes its transfer case, which if it spills its fluid just right on the exhaust, will also catch fire in the process.
34. Burns out the radiator fan motor whenever it gets dirty.
35. Has interior squeaks and rattles galore, which you're guilted into living with because you're told "its a jeep thing, you must not understand"
36. Has a front axle that will break right in half while you're driving
37. Has upper and lower trackbar mounts that will break clean off (front AND rear)
38. Loses it's evap canister the first time you venture off-pavement
39. Puts the battery right over the exhaust where it can be cooked to perfection and replaced with the next candidate...
40. Has lockers so fragile they require a differential rebuild every time they fail.
41. Soft top window zippers that stick right in the corners just when you need to zip up the top quickly.
42. Adds no insulation to the hard top so the top will get over 160 degrees in the Texas sun. (on the UNDERSIDE) (I have pictures of that!)
2007 Rubicon, Graystone, Auto, Dual, Power, Tow,GENTEX autodim mirror,COOL TECH antenna mount&exhaust,CIBIE,HELLA TPMS,AEM CAI, Fuel Door, Grab Handles,Tuffy,Thule,Olympic,HESCO Supercharger, HID, RR XHD FB w/stinger,DRAKE hoodlatch with locks
1972 C104 Commando - Bone stock