FUCK YOU APPLE!!!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 Old 08-10-2010, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Angry FUCK YOU APPLE!!!!!

Steve Jobs can go suck a fat nut. I absolutely refuse to purchase another Apple product for as long as I live and this garbage iPhone is half the reason. No this isn't an iPhone 4. This is a 3G.

First Apple requires me to update my damn OS to 4.0 otherwise I can't download apps or music and use various other features. This slows my phone to a snails pace (it won't even answer phone calls without crashing to a black screen sometimes). A new update is released so I update it hoping that maybe my phone will run a bit faster. Let's start this fucking fiasco.

This is all to try and get a simple update on my phone.

First iTunes won't let me take music I downloaded to the phone and put it on my computer. After 15 minutes of trying I said fuck it I just won't ever download music to my phone again. Then I try to update it and backup my information. It hangs up for 15 minutes at about 80% through and locks up so I have to kill iTunes externally. Fucking great. I try the download again and the phone won't backup. Fails repeatedly. Next I try a restore... once again fails and now I can't even use my fucking phone. I do a hard reset and plug the phone back in and try everything all over again. Finally this piece of junk works.

If this thing is still slow as molasses in a blizzard then I think I'm going to call Steve Jobs and tell him he can suck my balls. I know I he wouldn't even consider a refund of my money but at least I can give him a piece of my mind. When the primary features of your phone don't work worth a damn then there is no point in continuing to pay for it. I'm debating on buying a cheap POS phone to get me through the next year on this AT&T contract and then going to Verizon.

jk-forum, jk-forum.com jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 Old 08-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Granite Guru

My 3GS has sucked ass since the update as well. Seems like everything just decided to run at half speed since the 4 came out.
post #3 of 55 Old 08-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Granite Guru

Apple... it just works.

Or at least you better hope it does because good luck getting customer support. I lost my itunes library and was told their policy was I couldn't redownload songs so I needed to repurchase them.

That was the last time I ever used itunes.

2007 Rescue Green 2-door
A few mods here and there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 55 Old 08-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Rock God

Garage

I've got a 3gs, at first it was slow as shit, but after most of the apps updated to 4.0. its running business as usual.

As far as your 3G, take to and Apple store and bitch, if nithing esle, you'll get a "refurb'd" one with the new os already installed.

Joe -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
post #5 of 55 Old 08-10-2010, 12:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Run an older OS and jailbreak that bitch.

My 3g did the same thing and so did my wifes. iOS4 update to the 3g/3gs platform was Apple's way of telling you to buy the new phone.
post #6 of 55 Old 08-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Yeah the update is glitchy and slow and the only solution Apple has told me is to try and Restore the phone. Seems as though that's the answer to all problems. RESTORE. Fucking bitches

post #7 of 55 Old 08-10-2010, 01:05 PM
JKO Addict!

Sorry couldnt resist

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
post #8 of 55 Old 08-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Liquor

being deployed when this happened to me sucked. i had itunes crashing during syncs.

the root cause was a Windows 7 update. sorry even though i tried to figure out which one it was i was unable too.

to fix this i had to reformat my M17x. updated everything and it happened again. uninstalled the updates that caused it the night it happened - same night i DL the updates. didnt fix it.

reformat the M17x again. all is good but i cant do any windows updates. ill wait till i get back to the states and i have time to download each update one at a time. i cant out here due to battery time with the "space heater". we cant plug in at the wireless hot spots here. i only got 2 hours to play with it.

my iPhone 4 and 3G run fine. the iPhone 4 smokes the 3G. i have no issues with phone calls or signal strength. i dont drop calls here, when i do get a signal. the 3G will take 3-10 seconds longer to open apps when compared to the iPhone 4. this is due to more background programs running with the OS 4. the 3G and 3Gs dont have the memory and cpu to run the latest software.

im happy with the iPhone 4. though i would like to update my laptop. gaming wise, i can still play any game on max settings and enjoy a seemless gaming experience. LoL so im not too concerned about the windows updates.

•
•
•
•
• Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
•
•
•
•
•

Magazine Feature:

post #9 of 55 Old 08-10-2010, 02:13 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
zjr- I'm not that horny, but I have been known to salivate over your meat.
post #10 of 55 Old 08-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Granite Guru

Agree 100%. My 3G sucked since day one, had it replaced twice within first 2 month. Shit crashes non-stop, does not respond to a touches. I have 20 more days of dealing with this POS and AT&T shitty coverage. 3G my ass, my phone is always in edge mode this helps me drop less calls.

Will defiantly purchase android next, need to decide between T-mobile or Verizon.
post #11 of 55 Old 08-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Rock God

Garage

Settings, General, Spotlight Search.. turn everythig off...

watch your phone fly, and battery life double.

I get 3 days out of my battery like this... and I use my phone A LOT

no jeep here...
post #12 of 55 Old 08-10-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer83l View Post
Settings, General, Spotlight Search.. turn everythig off...

watch your phone fly, and battery life double.

I get 3 days out of my battery like this... and I use my phone A LOT
+1

My 3G went from very laggy to "reasonable" after I did all that.
post #13 of 55 Old 08-10-2010, 05:37 PM
JKO Addict!

yeah, keep bitching...So, does that mean to sell now??? My wifes iphone crapped out on her and she ended up getting it replaced for free. Supposedly there was a bad batch of iphones 3g about a year ago.

Anywho... sell now?

post #14 of 55 Old 08-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Rock God

It's been said before but.... DROID... (in that cool droid voice...)

Ben Hedrick
Projects:
2011 6.4L VVT SRT8 HEMI Rubicon

2010 6.1L SRT HEMI JK Unlimited Rubicon
2007 5.7L HEMI JK Unlimited Sahara
2002 4.0L Jeep AEV Brute
2003 6.4L Stroker HEMI Jeep AEV Brute
2005 4.0L Jeep AEV Brute
2014 5.7L HEMI JK Unlimited Rubicon eXpedition Jeep

post #15 of 55 Old 08-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC View Post

Sorry couldnt resist
+1. I made the switch because of AT&T though. Verizon just works. I can't say I ever had a problem with my iphones though and I've had four generations of them. I just couldn't stay on the line on my commute to and from work, so the baby went out with the bath water.

Mike 2010 Rubicon 2DR | RK 3.5 X FACTOR MID ARM | ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
post #16 of 55 Old 08-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstJeep View Post
Will defiantly purchase android next, need to decide between T-mobile or Verizon.
Not T-Mobile. Trust me on that one.

If you can live without a full smartphone, check out Straight Talk from Walmart. $45/month unlimited talk, text and data for 30 days without a contract, carried on Verizon's network.

I'm a JKO Reject
post #17 of 55 Old 08-11-2010, 04:30 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysJK View Post
Steve Jobs can go suck a fat nut. I absolutely refuse to purchase another Apple product for as long as I live and this garbage iPhone is half the reason. No this isn't an iPhone 4. This is a 3G.

First Apple requires me to update my damn OS to 4.0 otherwise I can't download apps or music and use various other features. This slows my phone to a snails pace (it won't even answer phone calls without crashing to a black screen sometimes). A new update is released so I update it hoping that maybe my phone will run a bit faster. Let's start this fucking fiasco.

This is all to try and get a simple update on my phone.

First iTunes won't let me take music I downloaded to the phone and put it on my computer. After 15 minutes of trying I said fuck it I just won't ever download music to my phone again. Then I try to update it and backup my information. It hangs up for 15 minutes at about 80% through and locks up so I have to kill iTunes externally. Fucking great. I try the download again and the phone won't backup. Fails repeatedly. Next I try a restore... once again fails and now I can't even use my fucking phone. I do a hard reset and plug the phone back in and try everything all over again. Finally this piece of junk works.

If this thing is still slow as molasses in a blizzard then I think I'm going to call Steve Jobs and tell him he can suck my balls. I know I he wouldn't even consider a refund of my money but at least I can give him a piece of my mind. When the primary features of your phone don't work worth a damn then there is no point in continuing to pay for it. I'm debating on buying a cheap POS phone to get me through the next year on this AT&T contract and then going to Verizon.
Try this. I had issues trying to get the iOS4 update, the backup part was taking forever, etc. etc. After a little research, I found that if I delete all the garbage off my phone, meaning tons of old text messages, and a bunch of useless pics I didn't want it is helpful because otherwise ALL that stuff needs to get backed up. The second thing, and probably the most important, is sometimes a previous back up can be corrupted in iTunes, and totally fubar the update process. I deleted my old saved backup, and everything went smooth as silk. Not noticing any performance issues with iOS4 on my 3G in the couple months I've had it.

2007 Redrock X two door
Auto
Hardtop
D44 rear
17" Moab wheels
32" BFG M/Ts
Rubicon Rock Rails
Airaid intake
Infinity speakers
post #18 of 55 Old 08-11-2010, 04:56 AM
Rock God

Garage

Also, as far as music goes, don't buy from itunes... buy MP3's from Amazon. Itunes music is proprietary to itunes and won't play on all devices. MP3's play everywhere.
post #19 of 55 Old 08-11-2010, 05:22 AM
Rock God

Garage

First thing to help with the slowness is to do a restore and not an update. once this is done you can restore a back up, then go to settings, home, spotlight services and turn them all off. I had to do this on my wife's phone and it did help.

07 JK 2/DR Sahara, 35" Wrangler kevlar, 10k Winch, Garvin Roof Rack, 3" Black Diamond, CatBack Exhaust, RR Gen-1 Snorkel, too much more to list

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Welcome to JKOWNERS- Home of boobs, guns, meat, and Jeeps.
post #20 of 55 Old 08-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Rock God

Garage

Holy shit! Knowing me, I would of throwen my phone. To do all that so it could half ass work?! Then the image of how much I spent on it?! FUCK APPLE!

I laugh at the people that camped out to get the new one!
post #21 of 55 Old 08-12-2010, 10:23 PM
JKO Addict!

I never understood all the bitching , I have had a iPhone since it came out and I never had the problem people have had , I am no apple fan , but damn all I ever hear is how the iPhone sucks , it just gets old , it's a computer with a phone , so there is always stuff you have to do to keep it running right , you don't plug in your desktop and you are done with it
post #22 of 55 Old 08-13-2010, 05:42 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Liquor

people fail to realise its not a requirement but a privelege to own an iphone or any similar device. they demand respect and expect everything to work. its software, software like Jeep Projects are never complete and have flaws.

these people are never saticfied with their shortcomings in life. those that are happy live longer fuller lives with the understanding nothing is perfect. LoL

•
•
•
•
• Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
•
•
•
•
•

Magazine Feature:

post #23 of 55 Old 08-13-2010, 06:43 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Thank you Buddha! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquor View Post
people fail to realise its not a requirement but a privelege to own an iphone or any similar device. they demand respect and expect everything to work. its software, software like Jeep Projects are never complete and have flaws.

these people are never saticfied with their shortcomings in life. those that are happy live longer fuller lives with the understanding nothing is perfect. LoL

post #24 of 55 Old 08-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:

Ah, thanx for my daily dose of zen. FUCK APPLE!
post #25 of 55 Old 08-13-2010, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:

I know it is not a right to own an iPhone. The fact I have a phone at all is a privilege. What pisses me off is when I pay good money for something and it falls apart after a year of average use.

Following your example. If you paid $100 for a throttle body spacer only to find out that 11 months later it has significant amounts of corrosion and you were told when you purchased it that with this brand of throttle body spacers you wouldn't have to worry about that for at least a year, wouldn't you be pissed off when they say... Oooh sucks, you should buy our newest one.

Not trying to argue. I just want to get rid of the image that I'm some college punk who believes I deserve everything I want, because I know I have to work for it. I don't need to show my facts but rest assured I didn't loaf around at all this year.

Anyways as for the phone. I couldn't find the Spotlight Search under General in Settings. I'll try a restore and see how that works. Next year I might get a Droid if I can afford one. Glad I didn't buy this POS when it was new.

jk-forum, jk-forum.com jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler

Last edited by JaysJK; 08-13-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode