Dealership Rant.... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 08-06-2010, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Dealership Rant....

So I smoked my stock radiator fan by squirting in with a hose trying to clean the mud out. Being a warnentee item I called and made an apointment telling them that my fan was smoked and I need a new one. So I wait a week for the apointment and drive it down there (20 miles) buy shutting it off and coasting the hills to prevent from overheating and running the heater full blast in the summer. Not fun to say the least. To make a long story short I look in the bays after about 4 hours and see my jeep is no longer on the rack so I go to the service rep and ask if my jeep is done. NOTE there was no phone call to tell me it was done. So she tells me that they do not have the fan and that they wont have one until next week sometime maybe. AND they wont let me take my jeep because there is a danger of overheating it. Again cutting the story short I took my jeep anyway and had to make 2 bar stops on the way home purely for "cooling off purposes" both for me and the Jeep.

Fark the Dealer man. The worst part is my brother works for that dealer as a Honda tech and they knew that and I still got hosed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 08-06-2010, 07:57 AM
Rock God

Thats BS. I would have asked if they could help you out with a rental and had them overnight the part. If you made an appointment and told them what the problem was then they should have been somewhat prepared. I know they can't stock every part but at least have been a little more proactive in the search. I would look for a new dealership or talk to someone else.

My dealership has been good to me so far. They have a few Jeep Libys sitting on the lot for customers who bought from them to use when their vehicles are in the shop for any length of time, even oil changes.

Póg mo thóin!
post #3 of 15 Old 08-06-2010, 08:09 AM
Openly Hostile

So you broke your fan, and are pissed off because the dealership is going to fix it under warranty but didn't have your part in stock?

Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 08-06-2010, 08:46 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
So you broke your fan, and are pissed off because the dealership is going to fix it under warranty but didn't have your part in stock?
And why didn't you request a rental? It is part of your warranty coverage that you get one. You did read your warranty didn't you?

Mine was in the dealership once getting the passenger seat replaced and I requested and received a nice dodge dakota to drive around while I waited for them to get it done (two days).

2007 Rescue Green 2-door
A few mods here and there
post #5 of 15 Old 08-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Openly Hostile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgkjeep View Post
And why didn't you request a rental? It is part of your warranty coverage that you get one. You did read your warranty didn't you?

Mine was in the dealership once getting the passenger seat replaced and I requested and received a nice dodge dakota to drive around while I waited for them to get it done (two days).
You only get rental coverage if you bought one of the extended plans that includes that unfortunately.

Jason
post #6 of 15 Old 08-06-2010, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Yes actually I am. First off I told them what the problem was and I needed a new fan a week before I got there. Secondly I am sure they could have told me they didnt have the part before I was there for 4 hours and the only reason they told me is because I went in and asked. Thirdly the fan design is horrible. I have a stock electric Ford Taurus fan in my CJ and have hosed that out 50 times with no ill effects.
post #7 of 15 Old 08-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Openly Hostile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoJack View Post
Yes actually I am. First off I told them what the problem was and I needed a new fan a week before I got there. Secondly I am sure they could have told me they didnt have the part before I was there for 4 hours and the only reason they told me is because I went in and asked. Thirdly the fan design is horrible. I have a stock electric Ford Taurus fan in my CJ and have hosed that out 50 times with no ill effects.
I'm not trying to be a dick, but if a dealership ordered parts a week ahead of time when a customer says "hey this is whats wrong"...they'd have a lot of parts laying around. The dealership is going to assume you don't know what the hell you are talking about and have a mechanic diagnose the problem and order parts accordingly. Be happy they are fixing it under warranty.

And yeah, the JK fan is a finicky bitch.

Jason
post #8 of 15 Old 08-06-2010, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
I'm not trying to be a dick, but if a dealership ordered parts a week ahead of time when a customer says "hey this is whats wrong"...they'd have a lot of parts laying around. The dealership is going to assume you don't know what the hell you are talking about and have a mechanic diagnose the problem and order parts accordingly. Be happy they are fixing it under warranty.

And yeah, the JK fan is a finicky bitch.
I can totally see that point and understand it. The service rep told me that they see them in for the fan kinda often. You would think they would have one on hand. Not like it is a big or very expensive part to have in the parts department. The part that totally torqued me was 4 hours of waiting and then never called my cell phone to let me know. If I didnt go ask I would still be in the waiting room.
post #9 of 15 Old 08-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Openly Hostile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoJack View Post
The part that totally torqued me was 4 hours of waiting and then never called my cell phone to let me know. If I didnt go ask I would still be in the waiting room.
Yeah, that would piss me off too.

Jason
post #10 of 15 Old 08-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
You only get rental coverage if you bought one of the extended plans that includes that unfortunately.
Really wow my dealership must like me. I have this ungodly hate for extended warranty or addons like that. The finance guy started to try to sell me one and actually stopped and said nevermind when he saw my face.

That really sucks

Dealerships suck. Shouldn't have made you wait that long just to tell you that. They knew the problem and knew they didn't have the part. Just lazy.

2007 Rescue Green 2-door
A few mods here and there
post #11 of 15 Old 08-06-2010, 10:56 AM
Rock God

Garage

Next time run the AC, burnt fan and all, see if you can crack the block, that's covered without question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.I.I.K View Post
Ok We need to organize a "Strippers and Blow Trail Run" It can raise money for college scholarships
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Raleigh Meet and Greet,
Check the thread ------------->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 15 Old 08-14-2010, 10:21 PM
Rock God

All I have to say is that dealers are rude and have no idea how to let some know what is going on with their ride. I hate the dealer in my town. Seams like they have no sence of other peoples life or time, or how you are going to get around after you leave that shit hole. Sorry for the long rant

2010 2 door sport, 6 speed,Dark Charcoal Pearl
post #13 of 15 Old 08-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcd View Post
Next time run the AC, burnt fan and all, see if you can crack the block, that's covered without question.
not likely.. they just log into the computer and see that the jeep was continually run wit hthe temperature light on and the gauge on the H and call that operator neglect and not cover it....

if the fan breaks and the jeep over heats its the responsibility of the driver to stop driving the vehicle, call and have it towed in... or do as the OP did and watch the temperature, driving it into the dealer....

why it took them 4 hours is beyond me.. my 2008 ate lotsa fans and they figured it out within 30 minutes each time....

-Christopher

2010 sport 2 door auto - creature comforts

Jeep Memories:
76 Cherokee Chief - Got Rusty (sold)
97 TJ Sahara - Rocked, Sanded, Mudded, Snowed, Sunk (sold)
00 TJ Sport - Mudded, Snowed, rolled in a snow drift no damage except top (sold)
02 TJ Sport - Mudded a little (sold)
06 TJ Golden eagle - Mudded a tad not enough cargo room(sold)
08 JK 4 dr X red rock - Never Wheeled - Lemon Law'd
09 JK 4 dr X black - 6 sp, - Sold
post #14 of 15 Old 08-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Granite Guru

If you put up a big enough stink and make the proper threats you will get a loaner. I got one from toyota waited for a part from late fall till spring. The funny thing is i had a 100 mile round trip comute to work at the time. By the time i got my truck back that car was all done. I treated it very well though
post #15 of 15 Old 08-23-2010, 02:02 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

IMO....I would have foregone the dealership BS, ordered a SPAL fan, waited 3-4 days for delivery, spent 15 min installing, and finally walking away with a better fan and less headache both now and in the future.

Sure it would be $250-$300 outta your pocket, but so far I've heard almost no negative feedback on the SPAL. Sometimes you gotta consider the turd that broke and the turd that will be used to replace it via a dealership and warranty work.

/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode