Tire manufactures and their bullshit measurements - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 08-01-2010, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Angry Tire manufactures and their bullshit measurements

I am so sick of the bullshit and trying to figure out what tire might be close to an actual measurement they give

I want a 35 that is ACTUALLY 35

Pitbull are the only ones who I know are at least the measurement of the tire. their 35's, well according to their site anyhow, measure 35.5 so after you put them on rim and on Jeep they are probably actually 35 but of course they are out of stock for who knows how much longer. I will say this about Pitbull, they answered my email on a saturday evening multiple times, pretty good customer service. Now if they could just get the factory to move its ass

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"

Last edited by tkob1060; 08-01-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 08-01-2010, 07:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Let it all out buddy, let it out..... get that poison out of your system.
post #3 of 25 Old 08-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

I think that Interco- Swampers/ Irocs/ etc....are pretty close to actual claims, as are the newer MTR Kevlar.

BFG- You suck- You owe me another inch.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 08-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Tkob gets that a lot I bet

AFAIK the Toyos are pretty close to advertised....

"And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"
post #5 of 25 Old 08-01-2010, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyolfknip View Post
Tkob gets that a lot I bet

AFAIK the Toyos are pretty close to advertised....

fuck toyos' they sound to much like fucking Jap toyota's

Quote:

post #6 of 25 Old 08-01-2010, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think that Interco- Swampers/ Irocs/ etc....are pretty close to actual claims, as are the newer MTR Kevlar.

close dont cut it adn the goodyears arent much better then the bfg 34.25 isnt cutting it for a 35

Quote:

post #7 of 25 Old 08-01-2010, 08:19 PM
JKO Addict!

No shit, my speedo is correct with "35x12.50" KM2s at 33.75". wtf is that, I like the tire...but I want the correct size. Not this needle-dick method of selling off-road tires.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #8 of 25 Old 08-01-2010, 09:08 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to paramaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RonGilbert View Post
Let it all out buddy, let it out..... get that poison out of your system.
someone a Howard fan?

back on track my new "35s" measured smack on 34".....

post #9 of 25 Old 08-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

I think my BFG's measure about 36.8 new and now they are 35's 1/2 way through. I really do not care much really and will sleep well at night.

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #10 of 25 Old 08-01-2010, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
I think my BFG's measure about 36.8 new and now they are 35's 1/2 way through. I really do not care much really and will sleep well at night.

Jason
you THINK your KM's measured 36.8

I'll sleep fine myself

Quote:

post #11 of 25 Old 08-02-2010, 04:43 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkob1060 View Post

I'll sleep fine myself
his KM's might actually measure out to be 36.8, if he got 38" KM's.
my 315/75/16 mtz's claim 34.5 and they are dead on 34.5, but still not a 35

2009 2dr, surf blue
lift, 35's, and other stuff.

"Tigers love pepper. They hate cinnamon"
post #12 of 25 Old 08-02-2010, 05:32 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

i thought kevlars were running a tad on the taller side too? am i wrong? or do they not make a 35? i highly doubt that.

i want 38s damnitt!

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

post #13 of 25 Old 08-02-2010, 05:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Yeah, I'm getting the 38's so I'll have a 37.25".

I wonder if there would be an uproar if GY (and other companies) just labeled their tires as 34x12.50-17 (instead of 35x12.50-17) and 36x12.5-17 (instead of 37x12.5-17).

Would anyone "care" that they didn't make a 35? Would BFG sell more of their 33.5" "35's" than GY would of their 34.25" "34's" simply because they were labeled that way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #14 of 25 Old 08-02-2010, 06:41 AM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

Dont let these tire manufacturers ruin your day. We all know that the actual mounted measurements are off, so adjust accordingly. BOO YAH!!

corey d

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #15 of 25 Old 08-02-2010, 06:54 AM
JKO Addict!

20,000 miles, 35 psi, mounted on 17x8 steelies, on a 4 door with steel front and rear bumpers, winch, and a full size matching spare, my KM2's are still at 34".

I'm OK with that.
post #16 of 25 Old 08-02-2010, 06:57 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Liquor

get the size you want with Pitbull tires. they are true to their advertised size.

•
•
•
•
• Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
•
•
•
•
•

Magazine Feature:

post #17 of 25 Old 08-02-2010, 06:58 AM
Openly Hostile

If you want 35's..buy 37's and stop yer bitchin.
post #18 of 25 Old 08-02-2010, 07:02 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkob1060 View Post

I'll sleep fine myself
What your upset because the tires are not the size on the vehicle? They obviously won't be given the weight of each vehicle being different. The measurements are likely not mounted to a wheel which again could throw the size off depending on width.

confused?

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #19 of 25 Old 08-02-2010, 07:06 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
If you want 35's..buy 37's and stop yer bitchin.
yup
post #20 of 25 Old 08-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
What your upset because the tires are not the size on the vehicle? They obviously won't be given the weight of each vehicle being different. The measurements are likely not mounted to a wheel which again could throw the size off depending on width.

confused?

Jason
My KM2's weren't advertised size even when they weren't mounted. Like the OP said, BS measurements.
post #21 of 25 Old 08-04-2010, 12:37 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverzendz View Post
20,000 miles, 35 psi, mounted on 17x8 steelies, on a 4 door with steel front and rear bumpers, winch, and a full size matching spare, my KM2's are still at 34".

I'm OK with that.
on 17x9 rims mine are just a little smaller than that...
post #22 of 25 Old 08-04-2010, 02:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
on 17x9 rims mine are just a little smaller than that...
When I had my 35" KM2s they were just a tad over 33.5" on an 8" wide wheel

My 37" swampers are pretty darn close.

KM2s are good tires, so I agree with the "buy 37s to get 35s" suggestions.
post #23 of 25 Old 08-04-2010, 03:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Maybe you whiners should go find another sport if something like this bothers you so much.

Further, my 35s can measure over 35 with lots of pressure, or well under 30 with no pressure. Bla bla bla.

Go wheeling and quit bitching.

Support the sport. GLFWDA.org
post #24 of 25 Old 08-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
Maybe you whiners should go find another sport if something like this bothers you so much.

Further, my 35s can measure over 35 with lots of pressure, or well under 30 with no pressure. Bla bla bla.

Go wheeling and quit bitching.
I APPROVE THIS POST.

tire size can depend on wheel backspacing and tire pressure

•
•
•
•
• Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
•
•
•
•
•

Magazine Feature:

post #25 of 25 Old 08-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Rock God

Garage

I have the 35 1250 17 MTR;s with the Kevlar, mounted on 17x9's they were a full 35" @ 38psi, under the heep, 4 dr, bumper, winch etc, they ended up at 34.25". close enough. They are great tires but show signs of cupping quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.I.I.K View Post
Ok We need to organize a "Strippers and Blow Trail Run" It can raise money for college scholarships
Raleigh Meet and Greet,
Check the thread ------------->
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode