Firestone sucks..... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 06-19-2010, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Firestone sucks.....

I went for an inspection from firestone, big mistake. I have pro comp spline lug nuts. Well when i went to pick it up they said they broke my my key for the lug nuts. Well that sucks but not really a big deal. So i ask are all the lug nuts tight. "O yeah they are all tight." Then i said did he use an impact gun. Of course they didn't I noticed on the way home it felt odd. I knew they didn't tighten them. Got home (i have an extra key) SO i goto the 2 wheels they pulled. About 2 lugs on 1 wheel were tight the rest had about 20-30lbs i would say. Needless to say i was pissed and call up these assholes. They just gave me the big run around "the key broke on the last lug nut.....ummmmm yeah. I was pissed the guy pretty much called me a liar. I dont think I am over reacting, am I?

2011 Rubicon-2 door- 35" Trail Grappler-2.5" tera flex-Stubby Schrockworks-20" led bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Rock God

No thats total BS, could have been bad!
post #3 of 12 Old 06-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Rock God

No thats total BS, could have been bad!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 06-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Wheeler

Firestone has always been like that.... I never ever deal with them
post #5 of 12 Old 06-20-2010, 05:55 AM
Granite Guru

I won't let tire shops use an impact on my lug nuts they have stripped too many studs. I always tell them to hand tighten and torque to 95 ft-lb. Then I stand there and watch them do it.

2007 Rescue Green 2-door
A few mods here and there
post #6 of 12 Old 06-20-2010, 09:19 PM
Rock God

Garage
Firestone sucks.....

Pretty sure pep boys and firestone are where the degenerates of the automotive world work at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proud to be One of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001-2010.

Semper Fi
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 12 Old 06-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
Pretty sure pep boys and firestone are where the degenerates of the automotive world work at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I've had crapy work done by both of them. Lesson learned.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 12 Old 06-21-2010, 07:14 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
Yeah, I've had crapy work done by both of them. Lesson learned.
That is weird cause here the Firestone is the only place I've had do consistently good work. All the 'local' shops either refuse to look at it due to the oversized tires or do crappy work (neglect to rotate when asked, strip out three wheel studs on one trip and two on another etc).

2007 Rescue Green 2-door
A few mods here and there
post #9 of 12 Old 06-21-2010, 02:57 PM
Rock God

Firestone stripped my factory wheel locks adapter on my Liberty, end up using a pneumatic chisel to get the rest off, in the process nicked and scuffed brand new oem rims (the truckwas brand new). Ended up with 5 brand new Destination tires vs the cost of them replacing 5 rims,plus they paid for new locks and lugs. Thank you Firestone. you will never see my dollars again.

08 2dr X, Rock Krawler Arms and front truss, C Gussets, FT 3" Springs, JKS Trackbars & Discos, AEV Snorkel, Warn Front Bumper, Rancho Rear Bumper, 35" BFG KM2, Recon 10500 Winch, Synthetic Line, Coast Rear Shaft 1350, KC Slimlites, Cobra 75 CB
post #10 of 12 Old 06-21-2010, 04:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Of course you have a right to be pissed! Call up the ranks until someone takes care of the issue....even if it means getting the guy in trouble that "basically called you a liar".
post #11 of 12 Old 06-22-2010, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yeah I am just done with them, talking to them is just a waste of my time.The only reason i went their was I was getting my jeep inspected at a delarship they said they wouldn't pass it (tires stick out a little bit) So someone suggested going to firestone. Walked in and asked if they would pass it. The guy said sure, guess that is what I get for being lazy and not switching over to my stockers for a day.

2011 Rubicon-2 door- 35" Trail Grappler-2.5" tera flex-Stubby Schrockworks-20" led bar
post #12 of 12 Old 06-29-2010, 12:49 PM
Rock God

Firestone is shit. They inspected my girlfriends tires for leaks and said that the bead on one tire was leaking and that they couldn't do anything about it. They said that the leak was so small that it would probably seal itself. ???

We drive from Daytona to Gainesville in her car and the next day the tire they said had a small leak was flat. I took it to my tire shop and told them what Firestone had told her. They inspected the tire and found a construction staple and two finishing nails in plain view but no bead leak. Now she followed me the entire way from Daytona to Gainesville and my Jeep was fine. We passed no construction at all. I think it is safe to say that the staples and nails were in her tire before we left. My shop fixed the tire, for free, and then gave it back to me. No problems. These asshats (referring to Firestone) also wanted to charge her $300 to install two cheapo 30000 mile tires on her car. I told em fuck no.

All in all it isn't worth fighting them over it. You and your Jeep are fine although a little pissed off. The only thing you might get is a voucher for a free rotation or some shit like that, but you won't want it because then you're using their shit service again. Your best course of action is to find another shop and if they are good recommend them to anyone who is needing a new shop. Sorry to hear they fucked you over though.

jk-forum, jk-forum.com jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler

Last edited by JaysJK; 06-29-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode