Ordered from Benchmark Designs not sure what to do now - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 06-14-2010, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Ordered from Benchmark Designs not sure what to do now

Back on April 18th I ordered an Oil Pan from Benchmark. In May I complained loudly about lack of communication and not receiving anything. Several people on this forum convinced me to continue to wait.

Now I'm questioning that decision. The last communication I had with Benchmark was on May 26th when John requested we PM him for an order status update and stated that everything would be caught up soon.

Noone that PM'd him received a response.

June 7th he stated that they had a ton of orders going out that week and then they should be done with backorders.

That day I also received notification that my oil pan had shipped from UPS with a delivery date of the 10th.

It turned out though that Benchmark had sent the shipping information to UPS but never actually provided them with a package to send. Several other posters on the forum had the same thing occur. Notification of shipping but no product sent.

So what do I do? I'm really frustrated as I can't get any sort of answer from Benchmark on anything. The last thing I tried was on the 26th I gave him my name and asked if he had an idea when this would ship (remember on May 18th he told me my pan was in powdercoating and should ship soon).

2007 Rescue Green 2-door
A few mods here and there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-14-2010, 09:37 AM
Granite Guru

Hey Jason,

Your pan shipped out last week.

1Z875R1F0392064425

We definitely got slammed and it took us longer to get through the backlog than planned and that can be seriously frustrating to all.

Badass Bumpers, Dual Battery Systems, Rockcrawler Oil Pans and More!
www.benchmarkdesigns.com
post #3 of 11 Old 06-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Rock God

Garage

I can understand that company's get slammed or backed up. But ordered on April 18th, label printed on June 3rd, and shipped on June 11th is kinda ridiculous. Almost two months

Personally I would be pissed off too.

Most people are understanding if you just let them know what's going on.

Also might want to remove tracking number as that can show some one's address and they might not want to share it with everyone.

07 JK 2/DR Sahara, 35" Wrangler kevlar, 10k Winch, Garvin Roof Rack, 3" Black Diamond, CatBack Exhaust, RR Gen-1 Snorkel, too much more to list

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Welcome to JKOWNERS- Home of boobs, guns, meat, and Jeeps.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bodybrdng; 06-14-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 06-14-2010, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thank you John. I know you guys have been slammed but it is frustrating. Maybe you can find a temp to help answer questions like this?

2007 Rescue Green 2-door
post #5 of 11 Old 06-14-2010, 03:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybrdng View Post
..........Also might want to remove tracking number as that can show some one's address and they might not want to share it with everyone.
UPS tracking numbers only show city and state of the destination

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #6 of 11 Old 06-15-2010, 04:19 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
UPS tracking numbers only show city and state of the destination
ahh thought it showed the address once delivered. That's cool though just wanted to look out for the OP

07 JK 2/DR Sahara, 35" Wrangler kevlar, 10k Winch, Garvin Roof Rack, 3" Black Diamond, CatBack Exhaust, RR Gen-1 Snorkel, too much more to list

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Welcome to JKOWNERS- Home of boobs, guns, meat, and Jeeps.
post #7 of 11 Old 07-25-2010, 06:57 AM
Wheeler

I am kind of having the same issue with trying to get a Battery Kit that I ordered sometime towards the first half of last month.

The final weapon is the brain,
all else is supplemental...
post #8 of 11 Old 08-06-2010, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thought I would post an update. I did receive the oil pan.

There was a leak in the weld discovered June 27, 2010 while installing pan. Benchmark notified immediately.

Last update was July 7, 2010.

I am not the only one with a leak in my oil pan from the batch that went out early to mid June.

2007 Rescue Green 2-door
post #9 of 11 Old 08-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Rock God

Garage

I saw the potential for the leaks and just ordered A rr skid for oil pan and tranny
I like small lift big tires so I figured the skid was better for me at least
Good luck

95 Hemi YJ on Treps with a ton of cool custom work

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
post #10 of 11 Old 08-18-2010, 03:46 PM
Rock God

Garage

Yea good luck.
post #11 of 11 Old 08-18-2010, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Earlier this week I received my replacement oil pan. From what I saw of the tests John is running now I believe it will be leak free. From what I understand they are starting to get their backorders under control.

2007 Rescue Green 2-door
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode